Create Account

Star-Light: S60 Extra Late Edition.

Good Day to you, Star Gang! It is I, your Keyboard Warrior, here to bring you the days that were in the Simulation Hockey League. So I have just escaped the closet Luffy locked me in because he has been having a terrible week of sims and did not want to hear me cackle as he flailed about the ice like a newborn dear trying to walk across a frozen pond. This has led to a backlog of games so if you want late information here it comes!

The first game up on this catch-up session has the Texas Renegades defeating our beloved North Stars five to two. Toronto was outshot thirty-seven to twenty-nine, and out hit twenty to sixteen.  Not great numbers from the North Stars, and not great numbers from my roommate, Luffy Richard, who had three shots on goal, one hit, and a giveaway, but managed to at least be a neutral plus-minus. That giveaway is an ugly blemish on a guy who is supposed to be driving puck possession.

The second game saw the Manhatten Rage defeat the North Stars three to two. Toronto outshot the Rage forty-one to thirty-one and out hit the Rage twenty-five to eighteen. The Toronto North Stars also had seven takeaways, so it seems puck luck was not on their side this time around. The Simulation can be a cruel master sometimes. Luffy Richard was a minus-one, an assist, a shot on goal, and two hits. Not the worst numbers, but again, Luffy needs to be moving play the other way and shutting down offense, something he has failed to do all season. 

The first victory in this re-cap saw the Toronto North Stars defeat the Los Angeles Panthers three to one. Toronto outshot the Panthers thirty-nine to thirty-six but were outhit twenty-two to eighteen. Luffy Richard was a minus-one with a blocked shot and a takeaway. This negative trend reflects Luffy's status as the only minus player on the North Stars last season, a fact I will never let him forget, especially if he ends up having the same dubious honor in this season. 

The fourth game, second win! A two to zero win over the Atlanta Flames. Shutouts are always fun. Shots were in favor of the North Stars twenty-nine to twenty-four but were outhit a smidge twenty-four to twenty-two. Luffy Richard had three hits in this game, but was otherwise absent. At least he did not blow the shutout because I think that would have broke him. Which would have been funny to watch like that time he got stood up for prom and he cried in the shower with his tux on. Good times. And if you think I am being insensitive, I will remind you that he locked me in a closet for a week.

To keep the winning streak going: the fifth game saw the New England Wolfpack fall to the Toronto North Stars three to one. The North Stars had a dominant game, outshooting the Wolfpack forty-six to sixteen, but were outhit a tad twenty-one to eighteen. This is the kind of effort you love to see the North Stars put forward against a divisional rival. Luffy Richard had two shots on goal, three hits, and a giveaway. He really likes to cough up that puck it seems. Also, he did not poop the bed and managed to not be a minus. He still is not a plus at this point, but he did not dig that hole any deeper. Good job, roommate.

Game six was a high-scoring affair as the Toronto North Stars were victorious over the New England Wolfpack, once again, seven to four. The Wolfpack managed to outshoot the North Stars thirty-nine to thirty-eight and also had the edge in hits nineteen to eighteen. What a battle that game must have been. I sure wish I saw it and was not trying to survive by eating old tic-tacs left in jacket pockets. Luffy Richard had two assists, was a plus-one (about time he had a positive number there), a shot on goal, and a hit. Some pretty decent numbers there, and a multi-point effort to boot! If only he had this much mustard in his step each and every game--slacker.

Game number seven saw the first game against a hated divisional rival, and Great Lakes foe, in the Buffalo Stampede. Buffalo is once again a top team in the league, a fact that does not help them as they fall three to two. The North Stars sent a message with this win: we do not care how many trades go your way and how stacked your team is. The Stampede outshot the North Stars thirty-six to thirty-three as well as outhit them twenty-one to seventeen. Luffy Richard had an assist and was a plus-one with two shots on goal and two hits. A solid effort against the team that harbors his rival--the other Luffy--that helped his team gain a much-needed two points. This was a morale-boosting win and Luffy was an actual contributing member towards it. Who would have thought?

Game eight was another close victory, this time against the Seattle Argonauts. Seattle outshot the North Stars by a fair margin thirty-five to twenty-nine as well as outhitting our beloved boys in blue twenty-nine to twenty-two. Luffy Richard had two hits and two giveaways so I do not know where his head was at this game, but it was not on keeping that puck. Someone should have reminded him which team he was on because it seems he had forgotten during this bout.

Game nine saw the second match-up between the Buffalo Stampede and the Toronto North Stars, and I am pleased to say that the North Stars once again emerged victorious, four to three. There was a huge disparity in shots as the Buffalo put fifty pucks on net compared to Toronto's twenty-two, but the North Stars won the body check battle twenty-two to twenty-one. Luffy Richard had an assist but was a minus-one. He had three blocked shots, a minor penalty, three hits, and a takeaway. Those are some pretty nice numbers for a guy who either blocks shots or hits people but rarely ever both in the same game.

Game ten keeps the win-streak alive with four to one victory over the Specters. The North Stars dominated the shot total forty-seven to twenty-four but were outhit twenty-nine to seventeen. Luffy had two shots on goal, a hit, and a takeaway so nothing really exciting going on there, but he did manage to not cough up the puck so he gets a gold star for that. Still would be nice to see more production out of my roommate so he would be making enough to help pay the rent. 

Game eleven (geez I missed a lot of games........) was a victory over the Blizzard four to two. Shots were forty to twenty-five in favor of the North Stars, but the Blizzard took the body and outhit Toronto eleven to twenty-one. Luffy had an abysmal game. He was a minus-two with two shots on goal, two blocked shots, a takeaway and two giveaways. What an inconsistent and inconsiderate way to play the game. Trying to ruin the win streak with this nonsense. I bite my thumb at thee, cad!

The steak ends during the twelfth game of this re-cap as the North Stars fall to the Forge four to three. Shots were in favor of the Forge thirty-one to twenty-four. Luffy Richard was a minus-one with a shot on goal, four blocked shots, and a hit. The effort was there from my roommate, but it seems luck is not on his side this season. I am glad he is sacrificing his body but wish some bounces would go his way. 

Lucky game thirteen saw a high-scoring contest between the Patriots and the North Stars. Toronto came out on top seven to four but were outshot thirty-three to twenty-two and outhit twenty-four to twenty-six. Luffy Richard was a minus-one with a blocked shot, three hits, a giveaway, and a takeaway. The downward trend continues for my illustrious roommate. 

The fourteenth game in this absurdly long article saw a titanic bout between the Buffalo Stampede and the Toronto North Stars which saw the North Stars come out on top six to five. Shots were even at thirty-seven, but Toronto was feeling rambunctious and outhit the Stampede thirty to eighteen. Luffy Richard wanted to let the other Luffy know he does not suck that much by scoring a goal and having an assist, going plus-two, but nothing more on the defensive side. What an interesting game from my roommate.

We only have two games left so buckle up folks!

the Toronto North Stars defeated the San Fransisco Pride three to two. The North Stars outshot the Pride thirty-six to thirty-two, but were outhit twenty-three to seventeen. This is going to be a short report because Luffy was a minus-one and that is all his stat line tells me. Good job being invisible, roommate.

The final game of this recap was the Tampa Bay Barracuda fall to the Toronto North Stars four to two. Toronto Outshot Tampa Bay thirty-nine to thirty-three and outhit the Barracuda twenty to eighteen. Luffy Richard was a neutral plus-minus despite scoring a goal and having an assist to go along with two hits, a takeaway, and a giveaway. My roommate decided to do a little of this and a little of that to mix up the mediocracy of the past few sims. Good for him!

Luffy Richard now has four goals and twenty-one assists for twenty-five points and a minus-three. Not the greatest, but he has been producing at a slightly higher clip than the mid-season slump that dragged on for a while.

Thank you for sticking with me until the end.

Until next time,

Shine On!

(1723 words)

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]