Create Account

s60 PT #5: SHL Family Values

PBE CW

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

Hockey is a big deal when it comes to the Baranov family. Even before Adrik was drafted, he'd already had two uncles come through the league, Roy, and Rurik Razin. Both of whom have won Cups and with one who is a hall of famer and former Captain. This leads to a lot of support for the young defender but also a lot of pressure for him. Uncle Roy always gives a ton of advice and being a hall of fame defender, Adrik listens intently but it's outdated advice from a bygone era, and the idea of 'block everything and bring it back up the ice' isn't exactly an enticing one. Uncle Rurik was a forward, and has nothing to add but will wax on and on about the Cups he won, always making sure to poke Roy about how he's won more then him. The rest of his family, both Razin and Baranov are just quietly supportive while still being pretty judgey. He's too young into his career to judge him, they say. Lets wait to see if he actually does something with his time in the league.

189 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Noah has never had any family issues, so of course any form of family reunion would go just swimmingly. Getting together just a few days before the playoffs was no exception. It was a real hoot for the entire family to get together for an epic movie festival. Despite nobody in the family caring about the Lord of the Rings movies, they decided to have a movie marathon going through the trilogy. Like any good family get together, much food and alcohol was involved. Food was catered in by an exceptional food service known as "Papa Johns", which specializes in Italian delicacies. Alcohol was provided by a small local winery called Barefoot and an upscale brewery down in Milwaukee that serves up a delicious beverage called "Milwaukee's Best Ice". Fun was had by all thanks to the food and beverage, plus who doesn't love spending quality family time with siblings and parents alike?

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

PBE Affiliate

Ethan Price finally made his return home after a few long seasons of playing in the Simulation Hockey League with the New England Wolf Pack organization.
There was no better way for them to spend their time than having a get together at the local Dunkin Donuts. He gladly purchased everyone a small hot coffee and they each were allowed to make their choice of a single munchkin.
All things considered, this was quite generous of him. After they finished up at Dunkin Donuts, they went on an adventure to Chick-Fil-A where he didn't have to spend a dime! Ethan Price used his Chick-Fil-A rewards points to allow everyone to each get two chicken nuggets each, as well as a single waffle fry.
They all shared a single lemonade, one sip per person. I believe this was an excellent get together after all of these years away from each other.

Being from Germany, Panda Panicos' really loves to drink and have fun. On top of that, it is a fucking huge extended family. Close to 100 people will show up at this week long family reunion in the middle of the mountains. His parents each have 6 siblings, and most of their children are older. Thus, this creates one hectic ass campground they all stay at. Panda being the mediocre SHL player he is gets a lot of shit. Not for being good or anything, for being mediocre. His cousins specifically will constantly berate him saying he is bad and shouldn't be on a roster. It is quite common however for Panda to get unreasonably mad, and want to throw hands. Thankfully, Pandas aunt knows how heated he will get over his own performance. She quickly steps in usually before either party gets a bit too upset. The rest of the family just loves sharing stories and getting absolutely blasted while hanging out in the middle of nowhere with their family.

[Image: panico.png]

Being that the Panthers have made the playoffs this season, there wasn't much of a break when the season ended. I invited my parents and older brother Oliver to my home in Malibu to catch up. There is nothing like Malibu in the summertime, and my family from Copenhagen has never experienced the sunny California beaches before. My older brother Oliver bounced around the PHL a while when I was younger but never got to play in a place where you can go surfing year round. They were all happy to come and visit. My parents and brother are all happy I'm having so much success in the SHL. Since my brother retired, he returned to Denmark to create a development program for youth players. He tells me I am an inspiration to all the young players back home. So hopefully in the years to come, more players from Denmark will join the league. My mom and dad are happy that all their hard work and love helped us both achieve our goals and I was happy to have them see what I've become.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

The verjonis family reunion would be pretty cool. Everyone would be really excited to have me back in Latvia. Being a 1st round pick a lot of cousin have come out of the wood work. I think I would take everyone on a trip since I have the dough. It would be pretty cool to put everyone up in anchorage. Um I don’t come from a big family so I think something like that would be really cool especially with me playing in the states. I bet there are some hockey players in the family so getting a little pick up game going would also be pretty neat. One thing that would for sure happen would be that some would make a bunch of Latvian food. Something that valdis doesn’t get on a regular basis in the states. Hopefully valdis can make it in the shl and give the people back home something g to cheer for.

[Image: bolobillshlsig.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2021, 11:41 PM by Jumbobone19.)

[Image: A4lW1eC.jpg]

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

ISFL PT

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

My grandmother is mad at me for stealing her name. I did what I had to do. I am shamed by my entire family for having a 2.5% shooting percentage. Nobody talks to me. I try desperately to plead with them: "Mom it's not my fault the puck is rigged against me!" Nobody believes me. My grandfather is upset at me for not breaking 100 hits, but it isn't my fault, everybody keeps running away from me. All of my childhood friends say I'm getting carried by Gino Lombardo. This is accurate, I have no quarrel with this statement. Gino is the real all star, I stole his spot on the roster. A family photo is taken, I try to get into it but I am kicked out by my brothers, who say that I have to have at least one WJC medal before I am allowed into the photo. Nobody else has a medal, these rules are not being consistently enforced. I cry.

The Gardner family reunion was pretty uneventful, and he did not catch too much grief for the fraudulent Celine Dion ticket purchases as he kept that little tidbit of information buried. Everyone just kicked back and had a few beers, and most of the family was pretty proud of Gardner's career accomplishments so far. He is the first person in the family to have ever played any sort of sport on a professional level. However, now that he has some money, there was a weird moment where his cousin, Katie, may have been hitting on him?... But she was really, really intoxicated. Hopefully word of that does not spread, as the LAST thing he needs is any more headaches to deal with. There were really just a lot of questions about what it was like to play a professional sport, what some of his teammates were like in the lockerroom, and how he liked Quebec City. There were quite a few inquiries on how things were going with his band, too.
Code:
Word Count: 171

[Image: GardnerNoTeam.jpg?width=747&height=420]