Create Account

s60 PT #5: SHL Family Values
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2021, 11:33 PM by hockeyiscool.)

The family reunion was a blast. It was amazing to return to my native home and reunite with my 3 brothers and 8 sisters and mom. There was still a lot of disappointment from Pa about not taking over the farm but I was not going to let that sour coming home. Everyone was so excited to hear about my tales of playing in Carolina and winning a cup. The tales of how Adam Friedlend would stand at the center dot waiting for someone to challenge him to a fight or someone to send him the puck for a breakaway was their favorite story. I told them Learning about the Carolina culture and how different it was, people would ask you how you are doing even though they do not care in the slightest about how you were actually doing. I even brought home Barbecue sauce and hickory to smoke a pig and it was a huge hit! Fortunately my family lives in an isolated part of Scotland and the Public Relations disaster did not reach them and I hope they never find out about it.

[186 words]

All the way back to the motherland (aka Finland) for the Kekalainen family reunion! Jarmo is actually pretty successful as far as his family goes. So returning to see his extended family is usually a fun time for him. But with all that’s been going on recently, he definitely wasn’t looking forward to it. First he saw his grandmother, and she asked about his endorsement of a terrible poutine place in Montreal! After that, his great uncle approached him. He wanted to know how stupid he could be, getting his identity stolen from clicking a stupid link on Facebook! And his little cousin, he had been on a Wikipedia binge after learning about it in school. He had read a bunch of nasty things on Jarmo’s page and wanted it ALL explained. All in all, this was a terrible trip! Jarmo ended up spending the rest of the weekend locked up in the basement, avoiding the gossiping relatives.

"I want him out! I want him out of my house and off my property right now!"

Uh oh.

Chimkin Wing perked up. Are they talking about him? He was piling food into his giant suit coat pockets when he heard his aunt yelling about how she wanted someone out of her house immediately.

She continued.

"He's stealing food. Right now. Look at him. He's acting like we can't see him. HEY CHIMKIN YOU BROUGHT A COMICALLY LARGE SUIT COAT JUST TO STEAL FOOD FROM US? YOU'RE A MILLIONAIRE DUDE WHAT THE HELL."

Chimkin Wing was starting to suspect that Auntie Donna may actually be talking about him. He decided to play it cool. He put some sunglasses on, starting whistling and walked toward the back door into the barbecue area.

"Um no. You need to leave. Stop pretending like you can't hear me."

And this kind of went on and on like this for about another hour, until Chimkin's aunt found what he did to the toilet.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

[Image: pt_4.jpg?width=760&height=427]
pictured: teddy cuddles, sam manson (teddy's wife and ambacas and mohommad's mother), mohammad cuddles, and ambacas cuddles

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

PT PASS

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Family dinner…oh no. Zhen Roza has never had a good time in these situations. Ever since he left to pursue Hockey professionally he has tried to avoid family dinners and made the excuse of training or games he cannot miss. But this time the family was coming to him…in Anaheim. When he picked them up the 5 of them (mom, dad, brother, uncle and grandma) were all wearing Mickey Mouse hat ears. He could see the rest of the airport eyes following them, and eventually resting on the victim of these 5. In the apartment the family only complained. The bathroom too big, the kitchen too small, the smell of something that wasn’t musk. Dinner started of rough as mom would somehow burn Borsch, a soup…how do you burn soup? After the fire alarm fiasco and the whole apartment complex angry, the family finally ate. A lot more yelling but at least now Vodka was involved and the shouts were light hearted. After another fire alarm being triggered the rest of the days they stayed was about the same. Until they left back to Russia and peace came back.

[Image: vikian.gif]

We have a nice lull here before the post-season starts and the coach let all of us take a quick break and spend a couple of nights with our family and friends. I let my parents know and they immediately organized a family get together for when I arrive. All my aunts, uncles, and cousins will be there and I can't wait to just hang out and enjoy some quality time and quality BBQ.

I arrived in the morning and helped my parents set up the house. Around noon, the rest of the family started to make their way over. Before I knew it, we were all outside enjoying the weather and catching up. My cousins and I played a few rounds of badminton and boccie and then threw the football around the yard. It was so great to just unwind with all of them. I was hit up quite a bit for playoff tickets, especially since it's been a long time since Minnesota has made them, but I told everyone I didn't have enough tickets for everyone so they all agreed to hold watch parties together and cheer me on. I loved them for that.

At the end of the night, we said our goodbyes and the next morning I set off back to Minnesota to get ready for the final stretch of the season. I let the coach know how much I appreciated the chance to go back home. When I walked into the dressing room, I could tell from all of the refreshed faces on all my teammates that they enjoyed the time away as well. This is a bunch that is ready to rock now.

(279 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
27-7-1
Regular Season - [G 4] [A 8] [Pts 12] [+/- +24] [PIM 20] [Hits 18] [SB 74]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

The Sato family reunions are always really relaxed considering everyone are always so busy with life. It is a time for Sato to come home from his time in Toronto to where his parents reside in Japan. It is a 13 hour long flight back, but it is always well worth it as his parents have invited their closest relatives and friends over to catch up and spend time with one another. There is a large dinner set up by the time Sato has arrived and his many aunts, uncles, and cousins are there to welcome him as well. None of them took much of a liking to hockey, but they always put in the effort to ask about his career and his life away (and most importantly comments on how he needs to eat more!). In addition to that, it is like clockwork for them to ask about his love life and when he's going to get married. To that he always responds that he's still young. Anyways, the chats continue through the night as the food on the table quickly disappears. When it is time to say goodbye, Ryosuke is completely spent but extremely happy to have seen them all before the season began. "This dinner's on me" as Sato took up the bill for his amazing relatives and friends.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

PH

PT Pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

[Image: 5Gkp9dk.png]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Going back to Nizhny is a bittersweet time for Daniil Nikiforov. He always love getting to see his mother and father, but it's a long flight and really takes him out of the mindset of a long season. So when he goes home for family
reunions he often spends much of his time trying to stay in shape. From running up the many steps and swimming in the river. He often takes his little cousins to the river and they listen to music and swim. Daniil's parents are very proud of what he has been able to achieve. His father often gets on his case for choosing to play for his mothers' home country of the Czech Republic in the IIHF. But he's still proud to see the things his son has achieved. His grandmother is quite old and feeble despite Daniil still being relatively young. Having had his mother when she was much older than average. Daniil's grandmother likes to drink and talk about how much she loves watching reruns of his games but yells that he should be playing for the Nizhny Novgorod Torpedo KHL team so she could come watch his games. His extended family on his mothers side is typical gopniks with a penchant for loud music, too much vodka, lots of kvass, and a hearty appetite for eligible babushkas. But the most prominent sight at a Nikiforov reunion is that of revelry, celebration, and people taking their shirts off. 
Code:
244 Words

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

[Image: 5gtUjEa.png]

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

Taking my mind off hockey for a few days during the family reunion? That's gonna be a tough ask since my family is just an all-around hockey family, I'm a third generation player with my kids already starting to play at the junior level themselves and I have lots of Uncles and Cousins who are involved in the sport as well. So it's gonna be a huge hockey fest no matter what but we're gonna try to tune it out as much as you can in such an enviroment. We're probably gonna try to make it a nice summertime gettogether near a lake or something, with lots of activites for the kids and barbecue and booze for the adults and just relax together with not much pressure to get anything "special" going or to force any extravagant activities. Just sit around, relax and talk, go for a swim or a hike or maaaaaaybe pick up a hockey stick for a minute or two if you can find one, and just habe fun together.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

ISFL affiliate https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid494625

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska