Create Account

s60 PT #5: SHL Family Values

ISFL affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Code:
Written Task: How does your family reunion go? Is it a nice time to see loved ones that you don't often see? Is it a disaster where everyone berates you for your PR mishaps earlier this season? How do people feel about your profession? Proud of where you've gotten? Or disappointed by your lack of skill and personal accomplishments. Either way, the more detail, the better!

Ryuuji always enjoys the family reunions in his family. Especially with him having moved to the United States 4 years ago to pursue his hockey dreams. Ryuuji has a very proud family and are very excited for his prospects in the hockey leagues. He has even inspired his younger cousins to try and be hockey players in the future as well. While proud his father is sad his son will not be taking over the family buisness from him. Although he holds on to hope that once Ryuuji retires he wants to follow his path. The Kawashima family reunions always focus on making excellent meals to enjoy with each other. Games are played to keep everyone entertained and there is enough to drink to keep the grown ups happy as well. Ryuuji has been funding the event to bring them to even greater highs. Next year he will be inviting his entire family to america to spend the family reunion there and to enjoy a holiday there.

Code:
167 words

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

When does a family reunion ever go as you planned? We always have a drunk uncle. You know, we ALWAYS have that. If you do not say that you have that, you probably are that. We have the aunt who takes like 7 pieces of bread during the family meal which causes someone to have to go up tot he stove to gather a piece for their own. I mean, that aunt is someone who would take 3 slices of pizza when you only bought one pizza. My parents and siblings are good though, it is nice to be able to see them when it's been a while. I have been out in New England for quite some time and especially during COVID, you really could not go out much and see other people. So, yes, it was nice, but it always has shenanigan with things that you maybe should expect by now. My parents are happy with me, they could care less what I do, they watch my games, so I'll take it.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

A McDangle family reunion can be “interesting” to say the least.  Overall, such events are filled with joy, merriment, good food and strong drink.  However, because of the very many branches on the family tree, there are some unusual family members who sometimes make an appearance.

Firstly, I have to mention my own parents, who, as you know from an interview I did with Gale Force, are professional academic vagabonds.  You never know where they will be next.  My dad, Ardenne “Bud” McDangle, frequently wanders off topic in his conversations.  This is due to his affection for recreational pharmaceuticals.  Hence his nickname “Bud”.  I really believe that he was a product of some kind of time warp.  He would fit right in to the Haight-Ashbury scene of the 1960’s.  It's a good thing he likes hockey! 

My mom is a classic fey woman:  You know, the red hair and green eyes….

[Image: Y5flZ0_YCkrYZA77cCuWVEkeMIRAGX6eyh9g6AQ_...mGFEhlG6sO]

What is even more disconcerting is her eerily accurate way of predicting the future.  She did say that if I worked at it, that I could play pro hockey.  She has been a supporter of mine forever !!

Uncle Charlie and Aunt Beth usually descend upon the reunion with their family in tow.  Charlie and Beth were not the most creative people when it came to naming their kids.  A boy and two girls, Dancer, Prancer and Vixen.  All I can say is that it is a good thing that they were not named after any of the Seven Dwarfs or the Seven Mortal Sins.  In any event, I have already introduced you to Dancer.  He is currently playing junior hockey in Swords, Ontario.

[Image: TtWQdjhTV7AbHMbZVta9qu6TI_m2mIeFNklPDV3k...xDxf1SBsHB]

The two girls, Prancer and Vixen, certainly live up to their names as well as they break hearts wherever they go.  It's like a mission !!!

Finally, I would like to mention my cousin Bela.  She is from Romania ans is a self-proclaimed gypsy witch.  So, she always shows up with her coven because, well, they are family are they not ???

[Image: toAFhwdZ_zi7Fsw6QdwybYsyos7rhl7wIAzv3dXz...83kh7cO1HL]

Now don’t get me wrong.  These young women have definitely not embraced they dark side.  In fact they are a lot of fun to have at a family party.  After imbibing a young ocean of Black Bush, they cast love spells on everyone.  Now, I cannot attest to the efficacy of their spells.  But suffice it to say that I am still blissfully single and in no way attached to a being from the Netherworld.

Such is life at a McDangle party.

[Image: KpaNPfKq88UzJtVMj15ULrgjfjNqH_JjAMjh8a1p...Jvegf_HhCI]
Word Count: 416

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

Videl Valor hasn’t been around family for over 15 years, so this will be interesting for her, after the rumors circulating about her allegedly beating up now Anchorage Armada goaltender, Yanjo Rosejac. That was because said goaltender stole videl’s credit card and many unexpected purchases later, put her in significant debt. Luckily for Videl, everyone forgave her because it was the goalie who initiated the robbery, so it was an act of crime fighting to stand your ground. Everyone knew that Videl would destroy anyone who tried to face her in a floor Hockey shootout, and few faced her, and they kept giving up some extremely soft goals. Everyone was stunned by Videl’s wicked hands, comparing her to the like of Connor McDavid or even the legendary Pavel Datsyuk, the literal king of the shootout. The rest of the reunion went as normal, until Videl got a call about her stick being compromised for an illegal curve..

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2021, 09:01 AM by Carpy48.)

Any family reunion in the past I can remember was pretty uneventful and I don't expect this one to be any different. Likely there will be lots of drinking involved towards the end of the evening, but that is to be expected as well. Usually my family members don't need a reason for the drinking, it's just a "Finnish" thing, but anything particularly good (or even bad) that happened recently should be reason enough. I'm sure this year many of them will be proud of me, because despite not having won any cups so far - and they know how hard we've been trying with Toronto - I did win my first major individual award after last season as the league's best goalie. My parents and my sister already celebrated with me last off-season, but all the other family members that I don't see that often will likely be talking about that one. Followed by all the drinking of course. That's what I'm mostly looking forward to. Less talking, more drinking.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

[Image: PW5HTzW.png]

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

The SHL All Star break happened to line up nicely with the Pritchard family reunion in Cardiff, UK this season. Since Rhys didn't make the all star team, it was a good chance for Rhys to attend the function, which he hasn't attended in several years. This created quite a stir among the Pritchard clan, of which Rhys is the most high profile member. However, being one of the youngest of his cousins, Rhys is always the butt of many jokes and ribbings. Being a hockey player in a family of rugby and football fans doesn't lend itself to the types of questions that you'd expect to get as a professional athlete. "You still doing figure skating, Rhys?" his uncle asked him. "What do you do again Rhys? Is that a hobby?" prods his Great Aunt. It was however, a nice chance for Rhys to introduce his new fiance to his family for the first time, so that was nice. But mostly it was about as boring and uneventful as any other person's family reunions go.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

PBE Affiliate PT +3 TPE

Jasper Maximov's mother is none other than West Kendall Platoon *ahem*legend*ahem* Maria Maximova. Although she was never the best, she was beloved in Florida and her number was even retired by the team.

She was very involved in her son's hockey career while he was growing up and even if she has taken a back seat in recent years, she still likes giving him her opinion and unsolicited advice. That always makes family reunions awkward because Jasper and the Aurora aren't performing as well as Mom would like. Jasper's babushka is also present at most family dinners and she loves to argue with her daughter so she always takes Jasper's side on everything even if she doesn't know anything about hockey. Jasper is her favourite grandchild and she makes sure to let everybody know.

To make things less awkward, Jasper is always quick to change the subject to his many "conquests". His babushka is notorious for being a little too interested in people's personal lives and she pestered his mother for a long time until she met his dad and he wants to make sure she doesn't do the same with him. Because yes, talking about his sex life is less awkward than talking about hockey when his mom and grandma are concerned.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Finally saving up enough money, Zoltan was able to make it back to the secret location where the cult of Zoltan has its headquarters. Zoltan of Simulation Hockey league fame is one of the only members that is typically seen out in public. Coming back home is always nice and grounds Zoltan back to his roots. The kids and adults that still stay at the compound do watch the games and really enjoy seeing Zoltan in action. Eating a typical meal of rice and chicken its like having your own personal fan club. Its important to take a step back and recommit to the lord and savior Zoltan. These trips always reinvigorate Zoltan and give him that much needed boost to finish up the season strong. Tampa is finally getting ready to make a playoff push and Zoltan could use all the energy and extra blessing that he possibly can. Of course Zoltan has to deposit his cash deposit for his lord. its the only way to get the blessing.

170 words.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

[Image: rhEpSfC.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

[Image: pt4.jpg]

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

We're bringing it wayyyy back. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114370

Marcel went back to Buchs, Switzerland, for his family reunion. All the Becks were there. His parents, Janne and Gerta, were playing host to the whole crowd on their nice estate. (Coaching hockey in Switzerland is really paying off). After Marcel got settled in, he started talking to his sister's new husband. (Welcome to the family, bub!) For some weird reason, Marcel's new brother-in-law, Jimmy, was a big time Detroit Falcons fan. I'm not sure if Jimmy realized that Marcel played for the Scarecrows, but all Marcel could do was keep a smile on his face and suppress his inner rage. How could the newest family member be a fan of the worst team in Marcel's league? Inconceivable! 

Well, as the weekend wrapped up, Marcel decided to enlist the help of his brother to prank Jimmy. Jimmy had it coming anyways, right? So they all went out for "matching bro" tattoos and convinced him to let it be a surprise. They proceeded to get the Scarecrows logo tattooed on each of their bodies. Good times.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

PT Pass

[Image: 66818_s.gif]