Create Account

"Hey kid, you want some DnD?"
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2021, 03:53 PM by hhh81.)

Hello SHL!

I am hhh81: former J GM, current HO Member, awards committee veteran, highly opinionated nerd, and all around fun guy. I'm here today to talk about one of my favorite interests: Dungeons and Dragons.

To cut to the chase, I would like to jump back into DMing again, and have a fun jumping off point for a campaign. I would like to get a group of people who'd like to play with me! I'd like to get a group of 4-5 players for the game. I'll be doing my own homebrew campaign in the Forgotten Realms/Faerun setting. I really love to tell stories with people, and I think this will be a great way to do that! I'm not planning on copying The Soogiest Bush's gimmick of "people playing SHLers playing DnD", so @sköldpaddor can rest easy her domain remains unchallenged! :D

Scheduling
Ideally I want to get into an every-other-week schedule for playing. I'm North American-based, so scheduling times may be tough for our friends across the oceans. I'm open to trying to figure it out. I'm looking at something between 6:30-10:30 pm EST on weekdays (much more time flexibility for weekends).

But wait, how can I join?
Group composition is really important to me; nothing is worse than getting invested just to find out the DM/group isn't a great fit for you and what you find fun! That's why I want to be sure the people will be a good fit (versus taking the first 4-5 people who are interested). If you're interested in learning more or potentially joining, I created a Google Form to collect a little info. This will help me learn more about your interests, schedule, and ideal game/play style!

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions! You can catch me on Discord at hhh81#1323.

EDIT: Someone already asked, but yeah, I plan to run the game on Roll20 likely with Discord VC

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

07-18-2021, 10:19 PMhhh81 Wrote: I'm not planning on copying The Soogiest Bush's gimmick of "people playing SHLers playing DnD", so @sköldpaddor can rest easy her domain remains unchallenged! :D

I feel honor-bound to remind everyone that was actually @lespoils' idea that I just unwittingly plagiarized.

BUT ANYWAY FILL OUT THE FORM PLAY D&D GO GO GO

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

applied

but actually, applied

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

You wanna explain how this title looks on the main page?

[Image: Screenshot-2021-07-18-195515.png]

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2021, 11:02 PM by hhh81.)

07-18-2021, 10:56 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote: You wanna explain how this title looks on the main page?

I am WHEEZING. I didn't know that happened but honestly... it's almost too good.

It's not that kinda game, folks.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

07-18-2021, 10:56 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote: You wanna explain how this title looks on the main page?

Big gooney vibes

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Also applied

sometimes being on the west coast sucks... this is one of those times.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

This sounds fun

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Applied.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26

Wish i wasnt a dimbi swede :(

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Applied. This sounds really awesome!

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Oh gosh, y'all. I planned to leave the form open for a bit, but with how many amazing people filled it out already, I"m already gonna have a hellish time firming up a group of only 5 players. I wanna play with all of you and could easily create two super fun groups from just what I have right now. Unfortunately, I only have so much time and mental energy and don't think I can commit to run multiple games.

I'm gonna close the form now and run with what I have. If someone else is interested in running a game, I can share my results with you! I see a pretty clear group that lines up schedule/energy/interest wise that likely doesn't fit as well with my schedule.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

for any PST people (or people whose free time aligns with PST people), I have been talking with @hhh81 and I miiiiiiight (heavy emphasis on might) consider throwing something together to run a campaign. I've never DMed before so there's a mountain of prep I'd have to do first but if that's of interest maybe just fill out the form and use coupon code "I'm a cool kid" or something idk

07-20-2021, 01:30 PMnotorioustig Wrote: for any PST people (or people whose free time aligns with PST people), I have been talking with @hhh81  and I miiiiiiight (heavy emphasis on might) consider throwing something together to run a campaign. I've never DMed before so there's a mountain of prep I'd have to do first but if that's of interest maybe just fill out the form and use coupon code "I'm a cool kid" or something idk

applied

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]