Create Account

S60 SMJHL PT #6 - Playoff Dreams

We have been very focused on the playoffs over here in Quebec City. It was our goal from day one to get to the playoffs, and then once we get here to make our run to the championship, we are not going to be satisfied finishing runners up, or losing a series. It is not something we want to happen nor is it something we would accept. It is a huge opportunity for me to show off my final skills before the SHL draft but my main focus has to be on doing whatever I can to help my teammates and my team game by game, series by series, day by day. We are not ready to go out early, we are not ready to go out at all this is our chance, this is our moment, this is our time. There are is something special about this team and something special about playoff Hockey. It is now or never and we are ready. LETS GO QUEBEC CITY!!!!

With the regular season winding down in Maine we find ourselves in a position to attempt to make another playoff push. While the regular season definitely didn’t go the way we would have liked but none of that matters now. Now it’s time for playoff Hockey a place where we found ourselves last season winning games no one gave us a chance in. The Saplings are working hard to improve for one final stretch of the rookie season. Ready to do the impossible and bring home the cup. We don’t want to hear that it can’t be done we feel like we took the next step on the back half of the season and are ready to prove it to the league. If we lose in the playoffs it will not be because we were out worked. The Timber have been pulling longer practices with emphasis on skating endurance and stick handling skills. The only question now is will the extra work translate on the ice?