Create Account

S60 SMJHL PT #6 - Playoff Dreams

Looking at how the Maine Timber went through the regular season, a lot of people might not think that we can do anything in the playoffs. Though anyone that's been watching close enough might be more willing to bet on an underdog. A lot of the young talent on Maine has been growing at a steady pace, and they are completely different team than when the season started with everyone having gotten more comfortable with each other and on on the ice over the course of the season. A Cinderella story to watch, the Maine Timber are coming into the playoffs near the bottom in standings, but now that the playoffs are here all the teams are once again sitting with zeros across the board. A perfect opportunity for us to show the progress of the season and just how much we've grown, we can and will compete with the best teams out there, the Trees are putting the league on notice this playoff run.

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: hbQ14G7.jpg]

ISFL affiliate
username: 37thchamber

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird

since we know that we aren't that good, what the Nevada Battleborn have been doing is hanging out outside of the locker room and having fun. Sure, we are still training and stuff, but with this season looking bleak for us, we are just gonna ride what we get and have fun with it.  We all really like eachother, and we have that locker room chemistry that is always important. And we know in future seasons, we will be a force to be reckoned with, but in the meantime we are just enjoying ourselves however we can and appreciate all the good times and the memories from this season.  We are anxiously awaiting the next couple of seasons where we will be good, but until then we will appreciate the vibe we have created in the locker room and the fun times we had.  Reminiscing back on the season, I think its safe to say that Willie is the MVP. Even though he has the most losses of any team, he also has the most saves by far, and that's something to look forward to have continue on within Nevada.

[Image: SS.png]                                        [Image: image0.png?width=268&height=375]                                        [Image: ACapSiege1.png?width=500&height=362]

Playoffs baby! After a long hard fought… Really… Really hard fought regular season the Nevada Battleborn are ready for whatever the playoffs throw at them. It has been a tough regular season for the Battleborn as anyone who has been following the league knows. We are taking in a simple mindset to the playoffs. Yes we could win it all. We could pull off the greatest upset in all of history (There have probably been bigger upsets but this sounds coolest). But most likely we will fall. We know the odds are against us as the youngest team but we know just being able to play is a good opportunity and we won’t waste it. With all of our high potential rookies coming up it is better to go in with a lax mindset but not take the opportunity for granted. We must play to win like we have been all season and if we lose we know we have more than one more opportunity coming to get it right.

Detroit is preparing for the playoffs with a series of pranks.

Kermit Murphy has had his house TP'd and Pingy saran wrapped the lid of his toilet. Kermit hasn't been home yet, so I'm sure the recent rain has made the toilet paper worse and hopefully the toilet works out.

Podan Povanovic had the wheels of his Audi stolen and left on cinder blocks. We're actually not sure who did this, but since it is Detroit its a 50/50 chance of it being a teammate or just a person off the street. He could not be reached for a quote but has been scowling ever since.

Rookie Clem Fandango woke up to find all of his underwear (under armor included) had the crotch cut out. Oddly enough, this barely seemed to phase him and is more concerning than anything to his teammates.

Detroit's front office does not approve of this method of preparation for the playoffs, but at least the team will (mostly) be in good spirits for the first round.

177 Words

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

PBE Champions Week Affiliate

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

To say that morale is high in the Newfoundland Berserkers locker room going into the playoffs in Season 60 would be under-selling it immensely. After all, they did just pulverize the old league record for wins (56), points (115), and point percentage (0.871%) after a wildly dominant season (and it would've been even worst, if not for our Achilles' Heel, the Anaheim Outlaws... of course it had to be them.) All four lines and three pairs are contributing - and even in net, rookie Jonas Johansson has been making waves after being acquired a few games in to back-up Evgeni Petrov. The players all know they can rely on one another if a pair is struggling, or if a line just doesn't click offensively. For now though, we're simply biding our time in practice, revisiting our special teams tactics, and awaiting whoever comes out of the first round to prepare ourselves for the battlefield. We know this is far from a done task, but after such a regular season, the only true way to cap it off would be with a Four-Star Cup. As a rookie defenseman, Jannik is prepared to put his body and soul on the line for the ultimate trophy.

(209 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

The Citadelles are just preparing for the upcoming playoff round as they usually do. The GM pairing of Evok and Faelax is quite experienced in the postseason and is giving their players so extra assignments in regards to every players' responsibilities. Even though the upcoming opponent are the defending champions called Kelowna Knights the players shouldn't take this as an easy round even tho the Quebec City team is the favorites. The Knights just have to rebuild after winning the cup and only were the 2nd worst team of the regular season. The Citadelles will have to rely on their goalie Nor Dekes quite a bit this series since you never want to concede one goal to many to the opposition. Offensively the eyes will be on Mew Two as well as Greyson Cooper who are one of the main offensive powerhouses for the team. Kian Hamilton will have to show some excellent two way play again as well as the rookies having to show that they can pull their weight in the postseason.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

The Kelowna Knights are preparing for the playoffs by doing a lot of different things. Firstly, it is very important that they are in the right frame of mind and so every morning the team comes together and they take part in yoga and meditation together where they picture themselves winning the playoffs and also get to stretch their body. Secondly, to take away some of the stress and pressure they are spending time going and doing fun things like golf and going to the beach which helps them not be too stressed about playoffs. Of course, they are also still practising very hard because they would love to win and so spend a lot of time practising. The team also spend a lot of time in their homes napping because recovery is very important and everybody loves sleep. Sleep is essential and if they don’t nap they won’t be at their best when it comes to the playoff games.

Honestly, we were preparing for this the whole season. We knew from the get go we would make it, as everyone makes it in the juniors, but anyway. The only thing we were waiting to find out was whether we would be serious contenders, a dark horse, or a pretender. Let me tell you, we found out. The whole league found out that Whale Naysh and they are here to bring the 4 Star Cup to Vancouver. The training intensity has stayed the same. Because everyone knows that this is a team effort. For ASM and Tater to be #1 and #2 across the league in points, everyone pitched in. An assist here, a block there, a screen a little further. Nothing changes. Same concentration during the tape watching sessions, same willingness to work during ice time. Everyone is locked in. Even during the team bonding activities, it is obvious that every Whaler has one thing in mind. The Cup. And everyone knows that the person next to them could be the one to carry the team if need be. And that's what separates us from the other teams. Having trust in each other. Nobody even bothers locking their bedroom door in the clubhouse. That's how much we trust each other.

What a season for the Vancouver Whalers, not only finishing 2nd in the league but also having players with the most goals, points, hits, and shutouts. Overall, it was a very successful regular season, and the Whaler players are looking to carry some momentum into the playoffs and hopefully win a championship. In the practices leading up to their first playoff matchup, the players have been doing full team scrimmages against each other in order to stay ready. The coaches have been screaming at the players all week about how the regular season means nothing if you cannot compete at a high level in the playoffs, and you can see some players taking it to heart. For example, as crazy as this may sound, in just 4 scrimmages Alexis Saint-Michel has scored 12 goals. He has taken his game up to the next level, while singlehandedly embarrassing the 2nd string rookie goalie.  The team is looking more ready than ever before, and everybody believes that they have a real shot of bringing the trophy home to Vancouver.

The Colorado Raptors are preparing for the playoffs by having some team get togethers. We have had some good games but also some bad ones but all in all the talent is there. After we finish practice, the veteran players are taking the rookies out for dinner to help build team chemistry. With the way the season has shaped out, we have a few players that joined the team later in the season. These dinners have been great to actually talk to the new guys and even players you don't get to hang out with as much. Last week after practice on an off day, the whole team went to the bowling alley and played a few games. There were some heated moments and even Raptors legend Juni Panda made an appearance. Ever since that bowling outing, we've really felt closer as a team and that has made us more prepared to go into the playoffs.

Code:
156 Words

Unfortunately, us here at the Battleborn realize we aren't primed to make a deep fun for the four star cup this year. The team is still extremely young with a majority of the core being rookies. We started the year with the lowest average TPE of all the teams and it was very early on we realized this will not be our season. But there is hope, as we saw the season wind down, we started winning more games as our collective TPE rose. This year in the playoffs we are just looking to possibly take off a few games from the Armada or possibly win the series, but overall just keep updating, keeping everyone active and focus our sights on Next year. The battle born are going to be the team to beat in the next coming years and I'm really looking forward to grabbing a few four star cups before I head to the SHL.

157 words

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

My team has prepared for the playoffs by continuing to do what we have all year and that is win games by whatever means necessary, often times during the regular season I would find myself intentionally charging at players, knee on knee collisions, anything that could potentially give our team an upper hand if push came to shove in the playoffs. Any time a player is nursing an injury that might otherwise have not happened if not for me I can be happy, I am a reason my team is succeeding because I ensure our players are kept safe and the opposing teams players are consistently in a position that they may get hurt in.

Sometimes people ask me if it is hard to do what I do each and every night and I smile and laugh because I find what I do to opposing teams to put my team in winning positions to be fun, to see these lanky 18 year old kids crumple like paper is enjoyable to me. I personally have been in the weight room night in and night out to ensure I am at my strongest so that when the playoffs arrive, I will be demolishing opposing teams regularly.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]