Create Account

Nour Punishment + HO Accountability

Hey SHL Friends,

This past offseason SHL HO came under some criticism for not posting Head Office hiring threads for the last few seasons. That's directly my responsibility, so it's something I'd like to address here to give some background on, but also acknowledge that criticism and my own shortcomings as Commissioner regarding this. My hope is that by the end of this, you will all have a better understanding of this situation, and have a bit of faith restored in the current SHL Head Office group. Transparency has always been important to me since I joined SHL HO, and I want to continue to make it a priority. Addresses like this are a big part of that.

So, a little context, SHL Head Office posts job applications once a season, with (typically) 2 or more seats opening up for applicants. Head Office members are on a 2 season term before their seat is up, and following this term, they can re-apply for their expired seat, or end their tenure in SHL HO, opening the door for some new blood in the room. Well before I took over as Commissioner, for at least a few years now, SHL Head Office has typically operated under the concept that, if somebody's seat has expired, they've excelled in their role as a Head Office member, and they re-apply, they are typically given their own seat back through re-application. I know that was something going on during Eggy's tenure, as well as Corey's tenure, where I first joined SHL HO.

Now, a little bit of my own thought process. I have been incredibly fortunate to have hands down the best Head Office team during my tenure so far as Commissioner, and it's been such a blessing to have guys like Luke, Reid, Patty, Spooked, Tommy, HHH and Allegiant to help me with our shared goal of making this site the best place it can be. So when it came time to post applications, I opted not to if I knew the seats that were going to be available would have seen their former holders re-applying for the job, and I did this for 2 reasons. Firstly, as I said above, the team I've had thus far in my time as Commissioner has been nothing short of fantastic. They're driven, they're passionate, they're full of ideas, and the synergy we all have working together has been a big reason why we've been able to function so effectively as a Head Office group. When I sat any of them down, and they expressed interest in returning to the role, I knew for sure I wanted to bring them back because I can see first hand just how valuable they are to this team. That leads into my second reason. When HO Applications have gone up, while we're not swimming in applications, we do get a fair amount of interest, and a lot of the applications are thorough, well written and full of good ideas. I didn't want to have people write really detailed and involved apps only to end up sticking with my current team because they reapplied and I've seen how effective they are first hand.

All of this said, the decisions I made regarding all this were wrong. If I wanted to change the process for bringing in/rehiring HO personnel, I should have explored changes to the rulebook first, discussed it with my team, and made better attempts to communicate these things to the site, who expect consistency and reliability from us. Even if I intended to re-hire the people who had proven their worth to the SHL Head Office, I still should have put applications on the site, at the very least for the sake of clarity and communicating the process. I apologize to the entire site for these missteps, they fall on me.

With all this out of the way, I've never been a big fan of dishing out blind punishments alone when its clear there's an issue with the system as a whole. A lot of you raised some really excellent points about how we expect timely and accurate work from our GMs, with punishments and accountability measures if they don't meet these requirements, while SHL Head Office has expectations as well, but no checks to ensure they're held accountable for these things. So, before we get into the punishment, I'd like to present to you all some changes we're going to be making to the SHL Rulebook, specifically to SECTION III - Head Office Rules.

These changes can be found HERE.

In summary, we'll be adding a 3-strike write up system for all members who are a part of SHL Head Office. The best way to sum this up is basically the wording in the brand new Subsection 12, which reads:

Code:
SHL Head Office members (including the Commissioner and Co-Commissioner) are subject to receiving write ups when they have failed in their responsibilities as Head Office members, either in the scenarios stated above, or at the discretion of the SHL Head Office, when necessary.

The slight vagueness here allows us to write up HO members for specific matters, like those listed in SECTION III, but also allows us to hand them out at our own discretion, whenever we feel an HO Member has failed in their duties.

FINALLY, with these changes taken into account, the punishment is as follows:

- @nour (that's me) will receive a fine a $3,000,000 deduction from his (my) pay for the S60 Season.
- Nour (me again) will also have a write up attached to his (my) record, which will remain in place until the start of the S63 season.

Shl

Thank you to everyone for reading this through. I apologize for the long wait on this, like I mentioned above I realized the issue we had here went beyond just a missed hiring thread and was more a systemic problem regarding HO accountability, so I wanted to discuss everything with the team to be able to present this to you all as a punishment + a positive change, rather than just a blind punishment. I'll see you all again in this season's State of the Union!

On behalf of the SHL Head Office,
nour

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Scrub

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

This sucks and you're an idiot

[Image: rotti.gif]

This is really fair, nice job Nour

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

If you actually write a rule that gets you removed from the commish job I'll quit this league you fucking goober

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

We all love the job you’re doing Nour, but you don’t have to lie about enjoying working with Patty.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

07-19-2021, 07:36 PMMinnesotafine Wrote: We all love the job you’re doing Nour, but you don’t have to lie about enjoying working with Patty.
[Image: DistantFakeAsiaticmouflon-max-1mb.gif]

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

free my dog

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Wow, I escaped my time in HO with zero write ups, go me

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2021, 08:15 PM by WannabeFinn.)

How much salary is there left to fine at this point lol broke boy

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

smh corrupt HO, making rules and breaking them immediately

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Nour has a funny mustache

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

07-19-2021, 08:15 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: How much salary is there left to fine at this point lol broke boy

Nour was inactive with his player for so long he thought his bank account only existed to pay fines.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Lol I'd have gotten 15 write ups in a day when I was commish.

I don't know you, but you're clearly doing a great job if not posting a job application is your big sin.

Wow this nour guy really hates nour