Create Account

Great Falls Grizzlies Presser [RTG Presser: 834 WC, 100% to Wulf]]
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2021, 07:03 PM by Chevy.)

[Image: kyZVVOB.png]
General Manager Strom Chamberlain at the first Press Conference for Great Falls.

After several days of receiving some magnificent applications, and some...well...not so magnificent ones, along with several hard hours of deliberation I am pleased to announce that the Great Falls ownership group along with myself have come to a conclusion and selected a Co-General manager that we believe will help lay a proper foundation for this new franchise of the SMJHL.   Before I turn the mic over to him though, here's a cool graph showing the total responses and flow of the applicants over the past several days:

[Image: sankeymatic_2400x1200.png]
This is a chart, with some cool colors.

Now, without further adieu, I would like to introduce to everyone the Co-General Manager of the Great Falls Grizzlies , @Fluw , who will now take your questions.

07-20-2021, 11:16 PMDuff101 Wrote: Will you be providing Montana Silvertip strain weed as a giveaway?

Also are we to assume the brand and logo are finalized despite (to my knowledge) no official media piece?

Hey Duff!

For your first questions, our attorneys are looking into it!

As for the second question,

Our branding was revealed last Friday on Hockey Talk Tonight. It was originally the Montana Grizzlies however due to some external issues we had to change it to the Silvertips which has now been finalized.

ACapitalChicago Wrote: Smh just had to leave us in HO, huh? Jokes aside, congratulations! It's gonna be a shame to lose you in HO but we're super excited to see what you guys pull off in Montana. What things are you guys looking forward to most with your first season? Do you have any rivalries in mind?

Sorry ACAP, I am going to miss being on the HO team a lot! And thank you!

Honestly me personally, I am excited to really put the ground work into making this team a success, it really feels great to start with a team that has no history, and really be a part in creating that.

As for rivalries only time will tell at this point, we will have to see how the next season plays out, stay tuned!
Duff101 Wrote: As a group what do you feel your biggest strength is?

Conversely, what is your biggest weakness?

Well honestly speaking strengths wise, I would say with starting a new expansion team you have the ability to model the team in your vision, and really start things going from the ground up. Building a culture, attracting new player etc. I personally think we have started on the right foot, but since we are so new I am sure the strengths and weakness will evolve as we go.

Biggest Weakness would probably be not working together before, Is it a weakness? I don't personally think so as the team dynamic has already been phenomenal, but really time will tell on the weakness front.
overdoo Wrote: Fluw, why do you think you're the best candidate for the job?

What is the weirdest thing you've seen Geek do?

Does pineapple belong on pizza?

1. You really came out swinging on this one. Honestly speaking that decision was on Geek to determine if I was the best candidate for the job, me personally I was happy enough to be given the opportunity to even apply for the Co-GM spot. Now that i am here, I guess if I would have to give an answer it would be that Gming is a dream of mine, dream come true, and I personally love running all aspects of a team. That drive/passion really I feel lifts me up, and getting the opportunity to be in a few war rooms learning the ropes, and on both the WJC and SJHML HO has really prepared me into being a Co.

2. I have not seen anything yet but rest assured I will keep my eyes open!

3. Uhh this may or may not get me fired but yeah I do love me a Hawaiian Pizza, it is my go to if I get a slice.
Nhamlet Wrote: Any organizations, GMs whether on SHL or irl do you want to emulate and what parts of them are what you aspire towards?

So obviously we want to make ourselves stand out, and be unique but which team doesn't. Seeing as we are currently heading towards and expansion draft and in the SMJHL my answer to this would be QCC and how they managed to be an expansion team, build culture and win a cup within a few seasons. My personal opinion is that is the gold standard when it comes to expansion.
Benpachi Wrote: As the masterminds behind the expansion picks, would you say you enjoy the cruel and calculated destruction of beautiful and precious hockey families, or the inclusive dental benefits more?

Oh, definitely not the cruel and calculated destruction of beautiful and precious hockey families, let's go with the inclusive dental benefits please!
*Strom steps back up to the microphone*   

That'll be all.  Thanks everyone and we look forward to seeing you all in Season 61.

Will you be providing Montana Silvertip strain weed as a giveaway?

Also are we to assume the brand and logo are finalized despite (to my knowledge) no official media piece?

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

Congratulations FLuw!!!

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Smh just had to leave us in HO, huh? Jokes aside, congratulations! It's gonna be a shame to lose you in HO but we're super excited to see what you guys pull off in Montana. What things are you guys looking forward to most with your first season? Do you have any rivalries in mind?

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Congrats, @Geekusoid and @Fluw!

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Congratulations @Fluw!

Japan Outlaws Blizzard  Blizzard Outlaws Japan

[Image: Talls.gif]

[Image: aAYvaDO.png][Image: wFihEpr.png][Image: FcT7qtH.png][Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: o2NPreS.png]

Congratulations Fluw!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Fluw is an excellent choice

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

@Fluw is a damn stud!! Congrats!

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2021, 10:23 AM by Fluw.)

Thanks for all the well wishes! I love you all! I will be responding to the questions shortly!

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

07-20-2021, 11:16 PMDuff101 Wrote: Will you be providing Montana Silvertip strain weed as a giveaway?

Hey Duff!

Our branding was revealed last Friday on Hockey Talk Tonight. It was originally the Montana Grizzlies however due to some external issues we had to change it to the Silvertips which has now been finalized.

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

07-20-2021, 11:21 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Smh just had to leave us in HO, huh? Jokes aside, congratulations! It's gonna be a shame to lose you in HO but we're super excited to see what you guys pull off in Montana. What things are you guys looking forward to most with your first season? Do you have any rivalries in mind?

Sorry ACAP, I am going to miss being on the HO team a lot! And thank you!

Honestly me personally, I am excited to really put the ground work into making this team a success, it really feels great to start with a team that has no history, and really be a part in creating that.

As for rivalries only time will tell at this point, we will have to see how the next season plays out, stay tuned!

07-21-2021, 04:02 PMFluw Wrote:

Hey Duff!

Be the weed team cowards

Any other questions?

As a group what do you feel your biggest strength is?

Conversely, what is your biggest weakness?