Create Account

The SHL But All Goal Songs are Kpop

So this may seem like just a shitpost, but inspired by a GM I will mention later, here are my opinions on what Kpop songs would fit best for each individual SHL team. A few notes before we get going: Some were easier to choose than others just because some teams don’t necessarily have kpop songs with similar themes as them. Also, this is not including the J, as some of those teams (Timber, Whalers, and Scarecrows immediately come to mind) have even less of a kpop song tied to them than some J teams. With the intro out of the way, let’s get started!

Atlanta Inferno Inferno

Fire-BTS

Fire by BTS is an easy choice here. BTS is the biggest kpop group in the world, and if you’ve only listened to stuff like Dynamite and Butter this one may surprise you. Fire is a great pump up song, and giving the fire based team a song literally name Fire is a great fit.

Baltimore Platoon Platoon

BDZ-Twice

The Platoon were tricky, so here was my logic. Platoon has an army play to it (Even though their logo is an eagle I know). So what better song than BDZ by Twice? A great goal song with an incredibly catchy chorus, the lyrics “Like a tank like a soldier” seal the deal for the Platoon’s choice.

Buffalo Stampede Stampede

Danger-BTS

This is the only other BTS song I promise. The Stampede really didn’t have much to go off of, as no kpop group has a song based around buffalo or the color green. So I went with the general feeling you’d have if a herd of buffalo were stampeding towards you, and thus we have Danger.

Hamilton Steelhawks Steelhawks

Cherry Bomb- NCT 127

Hamilton was another tricky one since there aren’t a lot of good bird themed kpop songs, so I went with one of the most popular idols from the Toronto-Hamilton metropolitan area, Mark Lee. Now he’s in 4 different kpop groups, but I decided to go with NCT 127’s Cherry Bomb because I think it’s the best goal song they have (Although Kick It would have worked as well but it’s my list). I thought of stuff like Jopping or 100 by SuperM but the “I’m the biggest hit” part of Cherry Bomb works so well as a goal song, especially for a team as successful as Hamilton

Manhattan Rage Rage

Red Flavor- Red Velvet

So no bull themed songs in kpop, and the only “rage” theme song I could think of was U Mad by Bobby, so I went with red. And what better song than RED Flavor by RED Velvet? An absolutely great song, I would love for any team to use it as a goal song, and I think it fits the Rage the best.

Montreal Patriotes Patriotes

So with a theme like the Patriotes, you’ve gotta be a bit creative. I decided to use the patriotism theme and go with Korea’s national girl group, Girl’s Generation, and their most famous song Gee. Gee is one of the most cherished kpop songs of all time and works perfectly as a BM goal song due to how much it’ll irritate opponents that don’t like kpop. I would love to see Montreal use one of the best kpop songs ever written.

New England Wolfpack Wolfpack

Howling- Victon

Ok so New England actually had a lot of choices here. The most obvious and popular option was Wolf by EXO, but Wolf really isn’t a great song and I think the Wolfpack deserved better. So I went with Howling by Victon. Less wolf themed and meme-y, but it’s a better song that still lends its name to a wolf theme. It may be a little slower than a traditional goal song, but I think if you let it run longer it works better.

Philadelphia Forge Forge

Excalibur- Kingdom

Philly probably took me the longest to think of one since there’s a surprising lack of metallurgy based kpop songs. However, hear me out. Forges were traditionally used to create weapons. What’s one of the most famous weapons of all time? Excalibur. Kingdom is a new group that debuted this year, and Excalibur is a banger of a song that would work very well as a goal song.

Tampa Bay Barracuda Barracuda

Dingga- Mamamoo

I had to go Mamamoo and Dingga here, specifically for the “Drink it like a like a like a fish” part of the chorus. A fun song about getting drunk with your friends, I think it fits the fun loving attitude of Tampa Bay in both logo and personalities, as well as tying back to the fish theme.

Toronto North Stars Stars

Star- Loona

Toronto get a fantastic song in Star by Loona. An English cover of their song Voice, its pretty easy to tie a song called Star to the North Stars. Plus with how big Loona is getting outside of Korea it works as a song to unite the masses (and I think it’s just a good goal song)

Calgary Dragons Dragons

Bang Bang Bang- Bigbang

So Bang Bang Bang is arguably a top choice for kpop goal songs period, and the main reason this works for Calgary is that their leader and main rapper is named G-Dragon. No brainer choice here, congrats Calgary.

Chicago Syndicate syndicate

(But Actually In The Morning by Itzy)

So this whole list is Corey’s fault anyway since we were talking about kpop goal songs in NL, and he’s the one who added a Wendy emote that I use to troll all the Whalers in EDM. So Chicago is getting two, because if I gave them the one that fits most Corey would complain. For Corey, I’m going Russian Roulette by Red Velvet. Knowing Corey’s track record with goal songs (JAJA DING DONG), a song that can annoy opponents easily is the norm, and the second half of Russian Roulette’s chorus will do exactly that, while still sounding like a solid goal song. However, the easy obvious better choice here is In The Morning by Itzy. Talking about the mafia, sounds like a good goal song, still kind of annoying, it fits Chicago so well no matter what Corey may eventually say (Red Velvey slaps though I get it).

Edmonton Blizzard Blizzard

Icy- Itzy

More Itzy! One of the best new girl groups in kpop, I wish I could use all 5 of their titles, but alas only In The Morning and Icy make it. Icy is pretty self-explanatory, since Blizzard=Ice. Icy is a bop, and I think the chorus works as a goal song. I though real hard about Ice Age by MCND here too, but it’s not a great song in my opinion so Itzy it is.

Los Angeles Panthers Panthers

Easiest choice on this list by far. I’ve told my gf that if I ever became GM of LAP the first thing I’m doing is making this the goal song. While AOA is controversial in kpop now due to scandals, Like a Cat is an amazing song, and another that fits the annoying goal song mold to a T. With either the main chorus or the “lalala” part with the claps working for the goal song, I think this is the slam dunkest choice for the list.

Minnesota Monarchs Monarchs

Crown-TXT

Another easy choice, Crown by TXT is a great song by a band that’s destined to get big outside Korea since they’re on BTS’ label and basically being groomed as BTS 2. Crown is their debut song, and while fairly cute, I think it works well, as what is a monarch without a crown.

New Orleans Specters Specters

Right so this is a personal fav of mine. Purple Kiss is a new girl group and this is their debut, and a dark themed song with “Purple on bloody top” as a main lyric only makes sense for the purple ghost themed team of the SHL. While Purple by Woo!ah was also a strong choice, the theming of Ponzona makes it much more viable for a team like the Specters

San Francisco Pride pride

Lion- (G)-Idle

Another one of the easiest choices to make, Lion by (G)-Idle is an incredible song, Lion obviously fits the theme of the Pride, and it’s a completely viable goal song. Not much else needs to be said, except everyone go listen to Lion.

Seattle Argonauts Argonauts

Warrior- B.A.P

So Seattle is tough since Argonauts are based on history and it’s not really something kpop would ocus on. So with argonauts being ancient Greek warriors, I decided to focus on the warrior piece and go with Warrior by B.A.P. A great goal song and a great “older” kpop song in general, I think it fits Seattle as well as anything.

Texas Renegades Renegades

Trespass- Monsta X

Trespass is the debut song of Monsta X, one of the biggest kpop groups still active, but it doesn’t seem like a slam dunk Texas song. However, it works for two reasons. 1, Joohoney has family in the Dallas area, and 2 Trespass’ video shows them being arrested and in jail, and if that’s not a renegade move then I don’t know what is. Joohoney’s rap is great with the “Excuse my Charisma” part potentially working as a goal song, but I think the chorus would work the best as Texas’ goal song, with both the song and members thematically fitting the team

Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

Starry Night- Mamamoo

More Mamamoo! For our last song, I went with Starry Night, as I think it symbolizes the Aurora the most, even though I’m aware Aurora Borealis and Stars aren’t the same thing. Starry Night is another slower song but I think it would work as a goal song, just not one that would annoy everyone like some others on the list. Overall a solid choice for Winnipeg.

And that’s it! Let me know y’alls thoughts and what songs you think would work for what team! Hope y’all enjoyed this fun kpop x SHL crossover.

Its like 1600 words maybe more idk

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpeg]

Imagine making a K-Pop list and not including Dreamcatcher

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

07-21-2021, 11:23 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Imagine making a K-Pop list and not including Dreamcatcher
Funny you say that, they're my favorite k-pop band by a mile but I couldn't find a title track that fit any of the teams, unfortunately (although I thought really hard about using In The Frozen for Edmonton anyway)

07-21-2021, 11:26 PMMinnesotafine Wrote:
07-21-2021, 11:23 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Imagine making a K-Pop list and not including Dreamcatcher
Funny you say that, they're my favorite k-pop band by a mile but I couldn't find a title track that fit any of the teams, unfortunately (although I thought really hard about using In The Frozen for Edmonton anyway)

Scream for the Manhattan Rage, ez clap

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

07-21-2021, 11:28 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
07-21-2021, 11:26 PMMinnesotafine Wrote: Funny you say that, they're my favorite k-pop band by a mile but I couldn't find a title track that fit any of the teams, unfortunately (although I thought really hard about using In The Frozen for Edmonton anyway)

Scream for the Manhattan Rage, ez clap
That's fair! Definitely not a bad choice!

:eyes: You know how much i love this BEEPBEEPBEEP!

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Baltimore already has an official unofficial Korean goal song

Excellent piece though. Do the J next.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

I approve

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2021, 08:08 AM by Zoone16.)

@minnesotafine Ima have to stop you right there but Kpop is korean pop. You go against your own article's title when you put a japanese song for the Platoon. Or at least the version you linked is in japanese. lol.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

07-22-2021, 08:07 AMZoone16 Wrote: @minnesotafine Ima have to stop you right there but Kpop is korean pop. You go against your own article's title when you put a japanese song for the Platoon. Or at least the version you linked is in japanese. lol.
Fair, but two things. 1. Twice is a Korean group 2. They have a Korean version of BDZ but they only have the video in Japanese lol.

I wish I had an opinion on these results

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

07-22-2021, 09:16 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: I wish I had an opinion on these results
Same

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

I C THAT I'M ICY

[Image: A12A5Km.png]

This is fantastic.

[Image: b8XI874.png]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

"This is the only other BTS song I promise." We could have had it all, Minnesotafine. Thank u for giving Inferno "Fire" at least. U a real one.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany