Create Account

Brainfarts of a deranged man
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2021, 03:20 PM by Accka.)

So.. I quite often do alot of mock-ups or "attempts" at doing new sigs, jerseys and logos. I never post these anywhere other than maybe in the team LR, because, obviously, I only post stuff to get them graded and I only finish like 40% of the stuff that I start. So tonight I thought maybe I'll not just ramble to myself in the LR and instead share it with everyone on the site and try to make a buck with the stuff that I would normally never post.

None of this will be written in a good or comprehensible way, because I'm just spewing poop outta my brain.
On todays(tonights, this mornings? It's 4:12am as I'm typing this).. While typing that, I had to get up to get some cold black coffee, because I'm too lazy to make it fresh right now and I also never use milk or sugar with my coffee. This being a tradition that I started last year while intermittent fasting. Now back to tonights topic, which is making an alternative jersey/logo for the Whalers. A thought that I've had quite a while now, because much to my surprise, the team doesn't actually have an alt or a 3rd jersey and I feel like we deserve one.

First style that I thought of was this 8bit videogame type-ish whale, with some 8bit font around it, which I think would look cool if done right, but as always I stopped after 10minutes of work on it.. I'll get done with it at some point, it shouldn't be too hard of a project really. 
[Image: unknown.png]
This is what it looks like. I chose the font because it was 100% free to use, even in a commercial way. I feel like I'll have to look for another one though, because it doesn't look proper to me.
The logo is the shoulder patch (or something idk) of the actual Whalers? So pixelate that bad boy and we're good. Maybe change the hue a bit.

The second idea that I had, was another very simple one to execute and another one that you could very easily sell on a site without getting taken to court. Oh yeah, that was one of the other reasons that I wanted for the team to get another logo, because the current one is a mix of two actual team logos, which I don't think you could sell? Idk, but yeah so the idea was just a simple take on the 70's font style jersey that for example the Jets have, or perhaps one similar to the Ducks wordmark one?
Here's a picture of what I'm referring to. As I said, both incredibly easy to create(if you're good at photoshop(that's not me))

[Image: unknown.png][Image: unknown.png]
Yeah, here you see why I stop with these attempts most of the time. I'll have to come back to this at some other time(most likely never).
I like the idea of this the most, but we'll have to see if I'm good enough to execute my thoughts properly here.

Here's the last of my ideas that I'll probably explore at some point, by merging them together. Use the colours from the whalers jersey, the bruins setting, but use the caps style with it's white background on it.
I like this idea alot aswell, it's very simple and simple is nice.
E: Oh yeah and add that harpoon in that bad boy cause why not?

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=117798 follow up

Site word counter: 666

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska