Create Account

S60 DFA Bounties #3 - The Future

Breezing through the playoffs, and already to our third DFA bounty:

With playoff hockey going on in the league, you can feel the excitement in the air and your draft, the real start of your SMJHL career, coming closer. It makes you wonder where this could all lead to eventually..

Written Task: What are your goals in the leagues? Long term, mid term, short term; what are you hoping to accomplish with your player, or hoping to find on the teams you join. Are you looking for individual succes, and maybe even a HoF induction, or will you focus on team success?  (250 word min.)
Graphic Task: Create a hockeycard for your player, including at least your render, name and the logo of an SHL team you could see yourself playing for.

Reward: $500,000 for doing one of the above

Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S61 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S62) are eligible for this bounty.

There is no need to claim this anywhere. After grading the money should pop up in your account 'automatically'.

Deadline: Sunday, August 8th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

I think everyone hopes to make it to the Hall Of Fame when they create a player , no matter how unrealistic that maybe. There's a lot of luck involved when it comes to success  in sim leagues. You can  be a high level earner that gets drafted to the wrong team and your stats suffer for it a a result. It's not unlike what's happened to other  great athletes like Connor McDavid or Calvin Johnson in real life. McDavid is the best player in the world but he's yet to win a Stanley cup because the Oilers are a bit dysfunctional. That's the nature of the beast.

I’m more focused on awards then records. Records are great but records are meant to be broken. If you're the MVP of S68 then you're the MVP of S68, No one can ever take that away from you. It would be amazing to be the all-time leading goal scorer in the SMJHL or the SHL but those are lofty unobtainable goals in my eyes. Obviously you should shoot for the moon but a little bit of realism isn’t that harmful in my opinion.

Just being a solid first line winger on a playoff team is a good, realistic goal for me. Maybe you’re not the best player in the league or the most popular but if you can have an important long term impact on a franchise then you can get your name in the record book  alongside a lot of absolute hockey legends. And you might your  number retired or your jersey hung in the rafters someday. Who knows? Repaying the teams  that take a chance on you by drafting you is a good feeling.

Quote:283 Words
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2021, 10:51 AM by Thunder39.)

[Image: 6nITKt2.png]

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]

My short term goals for my career are to get as good as I can, as fast as I can. I hope to take advantage of the expertise that the more seasoned members of my juniors team will have. I dominated in school and in youth leagues, but I have a lot to learn if I am going to find the same type of success in the SHL. My mid term goals are to win and to win a lot. I want to lead my team to multiple championships and be remembered as a player who brought much success to my team. My long term goals are to have a career that leaves a lasting legacy. My eyes are set on the hall of fame and if I play to my potential, I know there is no reason I should not be in the hall of fame one day in the future. I hope to put up numbers that will get me remembered as an all time great and maybe even be competitive for a record or two. Obviously there are ways to play that greatly prioritize individual success or team success almost at the peril of the other, but I do not see them as mutually exclusive. If I am playing at my very best and finding individual success, then my team should also be finding success as well. I truly believe that there is a happy medium between sacrificing everything for your team and sacrificing your team for everything where both team and individual will find the greatest success.

My general goals in the league are to be a part of a championship team. I want to be a key contributor to a team that will fight for the championship right away - but I know how lofty a goal that is. My more realistic short-term goals are to be an important bench member for a competitive team. I want to be able to contribute as I raise my TPE score and learn from the more veteran members of my team that are around me. One day I would love to be a player that retires on the top - breaking records, being a key contributor for a cup run, and being elected into the hall of fame. Throughout my career to this point I've played with a fire and passion that I have used to establish a name for myself. On a more global scale I would love to be a contributor for Canada's national team and the quest for gold medals on the world stage, whether that be off the bench or in the starting lineup. I don't think that individual success and team success are necessarily separate things - and I will do my best throughout my career to mesh the two together. Ultimately, that balance between team success and individual success is a fine line to walk - but when pressured, I would probably lean more toward team success. Ultimately, the best stat in my opinion is championship wins, and being able to do that with a group of people that I can call my teammates is far more important to me than being the lone star on a losing team.

276 words

[Image: vo42C2b.png]
[Image: hTIaaQX.gif]
HIT SOMEBODY

Cheers to tweedledunn and supertardis101 for the awesome signatures!

My short term goals are to join and be a productive member of a great Juniors team. Greatness, in my mind, is not weighed simply on wins, but on the type of people on the team, the locker room activity, and the positivity. I'm really seeking the right fit in this league right off the bat, and I'm hoping I can find that in the draft, especially with my willingness to do whatever my team needs of me.

My mid term goals are to help my Juniors team be as successful as we can, both on and off the ice. I look forward to being an active and positive LR presence, while also continuing to gain TPE and be productive on the ice.

My long term goals are to get drafted into the Majors and again find a great team fit, while contributing to a winning squad. As with anything, a championship is the ultimate goal, and I'll do what I can to get us there!

Ultimately, I want to fall in love with the league like I have with ISFL. I have met so many fantastic people in that league (and I know many of them are in this league, as well), and I truly enjoy the atmosphere, diversity, and intrigue good locker rooms bring, along with the thrill of the scouting/drafting process, game strategy, and enjoying the sim and statistics. I would love nothing more than to grow to love this league and take a league job or team leadership role down the line.

(260 words)

[Image: CnPenxE.png]