Create Account

Cooks and cooking enthusiasts of the SHL, give me some recommendations!

I'm in a rut. I haven't read a cookbook that I've actually felt excited about for YEARS and I feel like I'm in a cooking rut just recycling the same old recipes over and over and over. Thoroughly uninspired. I need some recommendations! Cookbooks, recipes, whatever!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

We've actually been using the cookbook that was made by my old elementary school principal. I'll have to get the name later on its been pretty great stuff we don't normally make.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 12:08 AM by Aleris.)

Spam Fried Rice. Spam, Rice, Seasame Oil, Soy Sauce, worcestershire sauce, onion, corn, peas, carrots, garlic, and some salt and pepper!

I've also started doing Beef Bowls with hamburger instead of tacos. It basically making tacos but I use teriyaki, soy sauce and brown sugar instead of taco seasoning. Then I mix with a veggie and rice or quinoa

[Image: b8XI874.png]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

lasaga

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

salt, fat, acid, heat is a good book. helps you think differently about cooking in general if you've not read it.

middle eats is a good youtube channel to check out if you want to learn about cooking middle eastern dishes (and obi is just a really nice guy)

babish culinary universe is also a good youtube channel if you want relatively quick overviews of cooking from various backgrounds etc.
he mostly tries to replicate things from pop culture, but his explanations are simple and informative.
he also has a basics series to give you a foundation for cooking various things
(his jerk chicken video recently was passable, despite the many complaints in the comments from jamaicans; better than most "professional chefs" ive seen attempt it at least, and mostly the right ingredients/spices etc)

oh, and if you ever want authentic jamaican recipes, i can hook you up. ping me on discord or something. i dont check the forums that often tbh

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird