Create Account

S61 Seattle Argonauts Interested Prospects Thread

Hey! I'm Tig, the GM of the Seattle Argonauts of the SHL alongside my co-GM @reid. We've been in the league for a few seasons now, and we are continuing to build towards being a future powerhouse. A huge part of building an expansion franchise from the ground up is bringing in quality young players through the draft that will build their way into being some of our franchise's first superstars. There's going to be a ton of opportunity in Seattle, whether that be on the roster for your player or to help define a strong, tightly-knit locker room culture for years to come. Joining Seattle and building a franchise together will be a unique experience and we're excited to get to know this season's rookie class better as we approach the draft. Your responses to the following questions are very much appreciated and help us a lot in my preparation for the draft, so thank you for taking the time to fill it out. It gets a lot of the more boring formalities out of the way so when we follow up with you it's more of a conversation than an interview!

Code:
1. Do you use Discord? If so, how much?
2. How would you rate your activity on a scale of 1-5?
3. Do you prefer writing media or creating graphics, if either? Alternately, do you have a site job/would you want to take one on?
4. Is there anything coming up in your life that may affect your activity?
5. Outside of the SHL, what do you do for fun?
6. What's something you're looking for in a locker room?
7. What's something you bring to the table that would help a recent expansion team build for the future?

I'm looking forward to chatting with you more in advance of the draft this offseason!

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

ph

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

- Daily, multiple times daily. I'm in a score of servers and I just left a bunch so I can focus more on the ones that matter, including my drafting team.

- 5. Even with past players when I wasn't updating, I was checking the site and discords every day, so have a 5 since I'm planning to be a max earner in addition to that.

3. Do you prefer writing media or creating graphics, if either? Alternately, do you have a site job/would you want to take one on?
- Very good question. Considering I have no experience or real skill in graphics, I assume media would be my first choice. I was planning on doing a podcast or something if I got an expansion team, but obviously that didn't work out.

- I've got school and the related commitments coming up in the fall, but that hasn't hampered my activity in the past.

- Play IRL hockey, and vidya games notably. I've got a Discord server of close friends too and we do things together, both online and IRL.

- It's hard to put into words, but just good vibes. A happy team can be a losing team for all I care.

7. What's something you bring to the table that would help a recent expansion team build for the future
- Max earning I suppose. With this player I'm more interested in my player's success as opposed to championships, as I'd like to finally have a hall of famer. Activity's always important for an expansion team, but you guys have a had a short while to get past the "do or die" stage so I imagine that's less critical.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

1. big much
2. i'd say a 4 or so, it might fluctuate slightly but expect me to be fairly active, doing as many PTs as possible
3. i heavily prefer writing over graphics, also twitter. as for site jobs, maybe in the future but not right now.
4. not really, i'm in my gap year so i have plenty of free time
5. video games, watch actual hockey and F1, make food, learn languages
6. activity and good vibes
7. i can help with scouting future draft classes, i'm already doing some scouting work in kelowna so i've got experience and i want to help make whichever team i land on the best team i can

[Image: kILVP74.png]    [Image: qtbn8zh.png]    [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: Monochroma_Sig_2_1.gif]
Patriotes Knights Latvia Knights Latvia Knights Patriotes

Yep. I check everyday and chat a lot.

4.5. Been checking site/discord everyday, hopefully I can keep this up throughout my entire career.

I write media quite a lot.

Not really,

Big video game fan, and want to learn more about computers too.

I'm just looking for helpful people in the locker room, and a positive environment plus lots of activity.

7. What's something you bring to the table that would help a recent expansion team build for the future?
I can definitely help along with whatever the team needs. I've been scouting for Colorado right now, and would love to help out more. I am also a very motivated user, I want to be the best I can and will do anything to help the team win.

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Yes, too much.

No. I have jobs and a sustainable bank account.

Nope.

Gaming and I have my own small farm I run.

Tight-knit community welcoming of all types of people.

Top earning forward. Big time LR presence.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Yes. It's on my phone. I check it all the time.

5. This league is an addiction. It's replaced social media for me lol

I like doing both. Not the best at either, but I let ideas come to my head and I put them out. Since I joined about a month ago I've gone through 3 sigs and I'm improving with each one. I am currently Team British Isles co-GM for the WJC. I have applied for other jobs and its gotten me unpaid positions in GBs GM office and the IIHF HO too.

I'm the dad of a 10 month old. Anything could come up, but nothing foreseen.

Video Games, board games.

Fun and interaction. A team that is always building each other up even if we're losing.

Well I've earned every TPE I think I could since joining.  I am building an offensive minded winger, kinda like a poacher in soccer, but with more speed. I'm also active in the NBB discord and love meme-ing and joking with everyone.

[Image: Aleris-Sig3.gif?ex=66246b80&is=66231a00&...e44aac877&]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

Yes. Daily. I try to join in the discussions occuring on the Team Discord as often as possible!

I prefer media. I am not a graphics guy. I am not interested in a site job at this time, but as I get more comfortable in the league, I may look to pick one up.

No. I do most of my updates during down time at work, of which there is plenty.

Family stuff. Watch Formula 1 or soccer.

Friendly people. That is honestly the only thing that matters to me.

I am active, put in the effort to grab as much TPE as I can and play a role that isn't super common (Power Forward). I am a big team guy and am here to help us win!

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora