Create Account

S60 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2021, 04:09 PM by SlashACM.)

Milestones should be up soon as well, and the link will be updated in the OP

syndicate Stampede

Here are this season's tasks for CW. The maximum is 16 TPE. Mix and match whatever tasks you desire, but the maximum TPE to be earned from this is 16.
The deadline is Sunday, August 15th at 11:59pm CT.
Please copy/paste the prompts (including the # of TPE) into your post; it makes it much easier to grade and track.

This PT is for SHL players and send-downs only; it is not for SMJHL rookies or SMJHL prospects.

One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Please feel free to PM with any questions or concerns.

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.)
So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Freaky Friday.. or Monday. Tuesday? Anyhow, I think the finals will be over by Friday barring some kind of Re-sim :grimace: Anyways, I forgot the plot of the movie but there's something about a fortune cookie and now you're in your mom's body! But actually, it's the body of an SHL player, one from Chicago or Buffalo! (If you are on Buffalo or Chicago, you can't be yourself, pick a teammate or opponent). Now that you are them and they are you, what do you do during the big game? Play amazing and turn a scrub into a superstar? Play like a bum and try to help the other team win? Oggle yourself in the mirror? The world is so exciting in a new body...

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (60 words min.)
Ugh, poetry is so 17th century, we're ditching that prompt. Earlier in the season I had you flex your songwriting in an SHL style parody, but this time you don't have a song to lean on. You're writing your very own diss track about something SHL related. A player, A team, A GM, anything. You can write a diss track about CW if you want.

Here are the rules: At least 12 lines (and at least 60 words total) but if you wanna do more go for it. I'm not laying out a specific rhyme scheme but there has to be rhyme in it. Be creative! This prompt is not for everyone, if you have a problem with it there are like 15 other prompts I made for ya. NOTE: THIS IS ALL IN JEST; ANYTHING OVERLY MEAN OR MALICIOUS WILL NOT BE GRADED. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the playerbase played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical.

Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse?

For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
I'm pretty sure y'all were doing the ring prompt in like 5 minutes on a website... so we'll do something harder. Sorry. Depict the championship parade of either team in the finals. Fans should be wearing the appropriate color clothes and the logo of the winning team should be depicted at least twice in the image.

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

Code:
11. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
-How good the PT/mPT prompts were this season
-How good these CW prompts are
-How much of a hunk that SlashACM guy is
-Oh yeah... we should talk about S60 stuff too I guess.. reg season and/or playoffs.

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?
b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?
c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Code:
14. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

CW TRIVIA LINK

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Code:
16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy?

Code:
17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
MILESTONES TBD (check back later)

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

cw piss also firsdt

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2021, 10:22 PM by Pythonic.)

CW Pass for simming also slash is a big ol' fatherfuckin hunk

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2021, 05:40 PM by Chevy.)

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Stromboli

Code:
So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

With the exception of Season 57 where Winnipeg went on a tear, each year in fighting a full blown rebuild has left some other successes to be desired.  This season, feeling the effects of the beginning of a proper rebuild had left many on the team, myself included, cringing at best as our morale and hope began waning.  On top of this, with the product snafu's and the official twitter account getting hacked (my attorney is still recovering from that incident as I type this), so far Season 59 has been hands down the worst season on record for me...both as a player and as a General Manager.   On the bright side though, I did end up getting selected to lead one of the junior expansion teams and with @Ace being selected as the new Winnipeg GM, I know the place is left in good hands...which is always a great stress reliever and silver lining.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Freaky Friday.. or Monday. Tuesday? Anyhow, I think the finals will be over by Friday barring some kind of Re-sim :grimace: Anyways, I forgot the plot of the movie but there's something about a fortune cookie and now you're in your mom's body! But actually, it's the body of an SHL player, one from Chicago or Buffalo! (If you are on Buffalo or Chicago, you can't be yourself, pick a teammate or opponent). Now that you are them and they are you, what do you do during the big game? Play amazing and turn a scrub into a superstar? Play like a bum and try to help the other team win? Oggle yourself in the mirror? The world is so exciting in a new body...
Freaky day indeed.  It was strange that day when I had bumped into Chicago netminder, Mat Smith downtown at Manny's.  I forget what he had ordered but I was waiting, of all things, for a "Four Kinder" sandwich.  He was excited to be in the Challenge Cup finals again and I had expressed my desire to eventually get there.  It was crowded in there that day so once he was leaving we couldn't help but bump into each other.   The next day it was strange.  I was in a different apartment, in a different bed...with a different lady beside me.  I was shocked at first before I caught a glimpse in the mirror.  HOW COULD THIS BE!  I WAS MAT!.  Remembering the great plot of Disney's "Freaky Friday" (both the classic version and the pre-mental breakdown version with Lindsay Lohan), I knew exactly what i had to do.  Mat is an accomplished goalie in his own right, but being just a little more veteran...and a master of taking pucks to the face (thanks in part to everyone seeming to take millions of shots when facing Winnipeg)...I knew that with the stronger defense of Chicago in front of me...I could easily help them steal the cup from Buffalo and set up Mat in the record books with an insane playoff save percentage and goals against average.  It would be legen......wait for it.....dary!

Code:
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.
The SMJHL is a development league, hands down.  The recruitment team brings people in, and its up to those teams in the juniors to keep people's interest as well as preparing them for the SHL.  While I can understand, and appreciate, the idea of all teams making it to the playoffs as a way to maintain interest and excitement...at the same time, it can skew expectations.  I believe with the addition of the Grizzlies and the Elk that it is time to take maybe, the top 12 teams only for the playoffs.  Introducing a sense of urgency and drive behind the idea of "we could miss the playoffs" helps add to the immersion and realism that some of us try to provide in the SHL overall.  

Code:
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the playerbase played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical.

Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse?
I understand, sans exploits, that FHM is still the greater sim engine of the two being compared.  With that being said, however, with the exception of of the Season 57 run in Winnipeg, all of Strom's best performances have been at the hands of Simon T Hockey Simulator.  It isn't the greatest thing in the world, especially just spitting out text based results that ultimately ended up in hours long post-fests on the forum for play by plays...but it is hard to ignore, that for many of us that started in that era, once we made the switch to FHM our careers dropped...some significantly and are still recovering.  If we had continued in Simon, I feel that I may have already had a challenge cup and hit career highs in wins, saves, and GAA just like many career goalies that have come before me.  Alas, I will never know but must do what I can to salvage a career inside of FHM and hope for the best.  If not, its to the retirement sin bin I will probably go.

Code:
Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy?
Considering I could only snag about $250,000, it was such a nice gesture of him to let me keep it.  We ended up doing, what any newly found rich person and a friend would end up doing.  We went to the strip clubs and made new friends in Jasmine and Myrtle (she had a huge thing for Luke and Manhattan.  Apparently she was originally from Queens).  Then we went and dropped a bunch at the track hoping to extend what we had left into something more and then ultimately ended up reserving an uber for the rest of the night as we went from bar to bar before ending up at Madison Square Garden for a Knicks game.  There was that incident where we were almost arrested at the Empire State building...but that's another story, for another time.

Milestones:  4

Total TPE: 19/16
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 11:13 PM by SFresh3.)

3 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 16 TPE
2 + 4 + 5 + 8 + 12c + 15 + 17

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.
I’ll attempt to assemble a team to become a Fighting Type Gym Leader:
First, I’ll grab @juniped‘s player Juni Panda, a super strong Fighting Type Pokemon.  I’m torn between making them a Pangoro because of the Panda reference, or a Machamp because they got better once they were traded (and for you non-Pokemon Masters, you can only get a Machamp through trading a Machoke).  I think I’ll go with the Machamp due to the symbolism there.
Next up would be @Fantobens‘ player Joseph Fantobens. With Texas’ Primary color being Black, lets have them be Scrafty, the Fighting/Dark Pokemon..
Follow that up with @bbp‘s bruiser Niccolo Livius.  With 20 in Fighting, and coming in at 300 lbs, we’ll give this beefy boy the big Fighting Type Hariyama.
Next will be @The__Y-man__100's player Boris Proshenko.  With how much Boris has had to move around the league (New England, New Orleans, Calgary, Montreal briefly, Chicago), I’ll give them the Flying/Fighting Type Pokemon, Hawlucha.
Finally, as Gym Leaders only have a max of 5 Pokemon, I will go with @LimJahey‘s player Boris Petrov, the SMJHL bruiser.  Since they’ve been inactive for a little bit, I’ll make them a Fighting/Ghost Type, Marshadow.
This is a well-rounded team with good Type Coverage.
    (210 words)

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE (60 words min.)
Ugh, poetry is so 17th century, we're ditching that prompt. Earlier in the season I had you flex your songwriting in an SHL style parody, but this time you don't have a song to lean on. You're writing your very own diss track about something SHL related. A player, A team, A GM, anything. You can write a diss track about CW if you want.

Here are the rules: At least 12 lines (and at least 60 words total) but if you wanna do more go for it. I'm not laying out a specific rhyme scheme but there has to be rhyme in it. Be creative! This prompt is not for everyone, if you have a problem with it there are like 15 other prompts I made for ya. NOTE: THIS IS ALL IN JEST; ANYTHING OVERLY MEAN OR MALICIOUS WILL NOT BE GRADED. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Great Lakes
Hot Takes
It was not a Division full of any fakes.

Number One
The Champion
But missing Playoffs was not fun.

One moved West
Stood the test
Leaving the rest of the League impressed

Two new teams
Joined the regime
But can they keep up their self-esteem

Continuing the tradition
Dominance by definition
Beating the rest of the League into submission.
(63 words)

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

I think the competitiveness that comes from a couple of teams missing out on the playoffs can really drive teams to be competitive throughout the whole season to be able to make the Playoffs, rather than just falling back into the Playoffs and making a hot run in those very few games.  Sure the SMJHL is a developmental league, and that more games is always more fun, but I think that having it be that there would be 1 team from each Conference that misses the Post Season will push teams to make sure they are keeping everyone active and involved throughout the whole season.
(105 words)

Quote:8. Graphic, 3 TPE

I'm pretty sure y'all were doing the ring prompt in like 5 minutes on a website... so we'll do something harder. Sorry. Depict the championship parade of either team in the finals. Fans should be wearing the appropriate color clothes and the logo of the winning team should be depicted at least twice in the image.
[Image: flFUXAn.jpg]

Quote:12c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.
I will forever be against the Buffalo Stampede team mascot.  The city of Buffalo already has plenty of teams with the buffalo animal iconography in the real world: the NFL with the Bills, the NHL when the Sabres had the Buffalo/Slug hybrid (buffaslug), and the Triple-A Baseball with the Bisons.  I just personally feel like it was a lazy selection.
(60 words)
Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Fresh

Quote:17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
1 Milestone Claimed

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/wiqZK8C.png[/img]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/6QlU4ci.png[/img]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 11:22 PM by hockeyiscool.)

It is once again time for the IIHF tournament and I think the results will be more similar to the results of last season’s tournament. I expect Canada to get back on the horse after last season's group stage that left Canada on the outside looking in. This is the last season that Frans Eller will be the anchor in Net as he fades into the sunset of retirement with mojitos at the ready Canada is still fielding Matt Kholin, Dick Clapper, Aaron Wilson and Gabe Johnson just to name a few of their 1700+ TPE players Canada also has seen tremendous growth from Rotticus Scott. So I expect Canada to finish top three in their relatively weak group and make an appearance in the gold medal game. Another team that I talked about having a breakout last season came true. Not only did Norway make the push out of the group stage but Norway even netted a bronze medal only losing to the gold medalist Japan. This coming season may be a little more difficult to get out of groups being in a group with germany, austria, great Britain, USA just to name a few it will be difficult to send Norwegian legend Goku Muerto away with a medal round game. This was made especially difficult due to the Austrian transfer of Wagner to Sweden and a youth movement led by Bjerg Sweden is primed to make Norway's group a rough one.  The one man band of Ekko Van Otter is back but he also has youth in the wings, the youth of Ole Olson and Vladmir Petrov coming into their own it will be exciting to see these two start to be primary producers for Norway.

[288 words] +3 

Code:

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?
b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?
c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

A) both these teams in the finals were absolute trash, I can not believe that they even made it out of the first round. Obviously they are both the worst teams and got lucky. Tampa is clearly the best team but suffered some hotdog bullshittery mumbo jumbo both of these teams won't be seem deep into the playoffs because they are both rotten 

(60ish)

b) both aren't impressive, oh wait getting the player hating prompt out of my system. I think Chicago's success has been more impressive building from the ground up. For buffalo It is difficult to not have the sustained success that you have when teams bend over in front of you and offer the equivalent in picks of their first born for players that leave  consistently. I hate to call out teams but I must say it feels like there is a buffalo multi in a different locker room.
(87 words)

c. I would like to nitpick the buffalo stampede's rink design they have had the opportunity to change the landscape of how rink design is thought of but have missed out. They could be playing in a rink that is on a pond in the middle of the great plains instead they are playing inside in the middle of a building...for shame.
(60ish)

d) the best player to play for either of these teams is obviously the man, the myth, the legend, the thunder from down under, the sultan of sticks, the defensive dynamo, it is none other than buffalo's very own it is viktor marius. It's because he was the best of either team throughout history.
(53 words)

16. +2
Bring Luke to the best 
Dominican restaurant that serves lunch and 
Serve him some steak with some garlic
Mashed potatoes. We will then participate in the pastime of climbing the street lamps as I'm sure we will still be living the glory days of the eagles finally winning something. 
After we have a nice candle night dinner I am gonna take him to meet mama...mama will make him a nice stromboli with meatballs so good it will leave him saying "mama'mia" and she will then give him the talk. We well then go to my bedroom where we will watch cops while playing with hot wheels during the breaks. 

(110 words)

15. Trivia- Verification Word: D.K.

17.  2 Milestones 

18. ISFL Affiliate  +3
      Different Forum Name: Footballiscool

17/16
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 01:16 AM by yosh.)

16 TPE

Code:

This was certainly quite a season for Vaseline Podcalzone. Naturally, it would've been an intriguing season for the Jesster Runner-up, having set the Seattle Argonauts' new rookie scoring record at 36 points last season.

On top of the many off-ice shenanigans that occurred (wikipedia articles being edited, the "Vaseline, Tide Pod and calzones bundle" leading to a recall due to poisoning from Tide Pod ingestion, and someone hacking Podcalzone's twitter account to leave behind some illegible spam in Cyrillic alphabet, Pod also found himself in an exciting position as the 4th Assistant Captain for the Argos. Although this was a season where he went through some really cold streaks, he still managed to have some really electric games, netting a hattrick against the Chicago Syndicate at one point in the later half of the season. On top of this, Pod got voted into the all-star game in the Last Man vote! The festivities were quite the time, and Pod even participated in some skills events.

Overall, this was a season filled with plenty of highs and lows and craziness for Pod. And he would gladly do it all over again if he had the chance.

WC: 195

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

My pokemon team would honestly be pretty exciting. Firstly, we would have to go with Pasta the Turtle, because if you've seen Torterra, well, need I say more? A big, bulky, turtle that can deal damage and also take plenty of damage with that elite defense? Now that's a top tier Pokemon right there.

Next, I would go with Satoshi Zigzagooney, who would either become a Zigzagoon or a Quagsire, depending on who you're asking. Maybe both? Either way, Quagsire is a very exciting Pokemon if you're ever watched the Youtube video "Acquire the Sire" (if you haven't, you really should go and watch it, it's amazing). On the other hand, Zigzagoon would be a very important utility man for my Pokemon roster, as he would likely slot in as an HM/TM Pokemon that gets the job done, chopping trees or surfing in the sea.

I'm pretty sure Vaseline Podcalzone would turn into a beeg yoshi and that's like the best Pokemon trust me. After that, I'd have (Clean) Andrei, who would become Arceus, and honestly, that's about all the Pokemons I need. Would this be a good enough team to become Pokemon champion? Maybe, maybe not. But it would be a really entertaining team to watch for sure.

WC: 210

Code:

I honestly think that doing 12 teams isn't a terrible call. I know that FHM has some issues with 14 team playoffs (not sure if this is completely true of I misheard), so maybe a reduced size playoff would be the better call to make. I know the goal of the SMJHL would be player retention for sure, so if a player misses the playoffs a lot of seasons, that's going to hurt their retention, especially in their early seasons in the Juniors. This is why I believe that 8 team playoffs would be too small of a scale. 12 teams means that two teams, likely the bottom from each conference, would miss the playoffs with a 14 team league. Given that success in the SMJHL is really cyclical at times, a team really shouldn't miss the playoffs for too many consecutive seasons, so it shouldn't be a complete heartbreak with 12 team playoffs. That being said, if there is a way to do 14 team playoffs, and it isn't a complete pain to do, that might be a better call to make.

WC: 183

Code:

A. Nah, there isn't any salt here. Both of these teams were regular season juggernauts that played extremely well. They absolutely deserve to be in the Challenge Cup Championship Finals, and if they had missed the Finals, it would have been a really shocking upset. So yes, this is a very well deserving championship, and should prove to be an entertaining matchup.

WC: 61

B. I honestly think both have their merits. For one, Buffalo's consistency in making the Challenge Cup Finals is admirable, but at the same time, Chicago being able to make it and win it while being a surprisingly new franchise is incredibly well deserving of some praise. Ultimately, I would have to go with the latter. The Syndicate have gone and gotten the job done in relatively quick fashion, and I'm certain that another Cup will only add to their success in a short span of time.

WC: 86

C. You know I honestly do not think that I am that great at nitpicking stuff. I guess if I had to nitpick something, maybe it's that the Chicago colour palette could work better with some darker colors. When I'm thinking of like a crime syndicate, I usually don't associate a bright yellow color with them.

WC: 55

D. I honestly don't know of any definitive name. If we were talking current, I guess I'd say Martijn Westbroek. He's been an elite forward in the league for a good handful of seasons, and was a huge part of their Challenge Cup winning team a few seasons ago. So I guess I would go with Martijn Westbroek.

WC: 57
Code:

Oh boy. Well, let's assume I barely got any money out of the heist, like $100 or something like that. It looks like we won't really have the luxury of fine dining.

So, to save up some money, my plan is to order some chicken tendies from somewhere (I don't know, KFC? Wendy's? Does Wendy's even have chicken tendies?), and that's going to be the dinner plans. Chicken tendies and uhh I guess I could get some juice boxes or something for hydration purposes.

Now, you're probably wondering by now, "what's on the entertainment schedule on this date yoshi", well, do not worry, because the entertainment schedule is going to be awesome. The plan is to rent out an auditorium at the movie theatre and Luke can have his pick of what movie to watch, be it Shrek or the most recent Fast & Furious movie. Frankly, both are amazing masterpieces that teach you the importance of friends & family, respectively.

So yeah, I think this will be a great date and will certainly be quite memorable.

WC: 177

Code:

2 TPE: S60 Milestones (Winger)

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]

Pt pass thx

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

ph

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 10:03 AM by By-Tor.)

I gotta say, the worst thing that happened to my player (and myself) this season was impersonating the entire All-Star committee. LOL. I had no idea what I was doing at the moment. Some fun came out of it, though, as everyone had a good laugh. Some high notes, I met some more friends in my LRs, and I am having a great time as a HO Intern. I made more steps into being an active part of the community, and, honestly, this has been the best season of the 2.5 seasons I've been here. For on-ice play, my player is getting better and better. I've doubled my point totals each season and I joke with Sparky that I'll have 64 points as a defenseman next season. A downer is losing both my GMs, but I have the highest hopes in their replacements. The one thing I wanted to improve in my player this year was his TA/GA ratio. It went from 30/49 to 40/23, so that is a HUGE win.

4. Written, 3 TPE (60 words min.)

So... I'm HO Intern and I had a problem,
This new girl issue that needs some solvin'.
She made a player without much thought,
Bad joke, bad name, she's in a spot.
I reach out nicely to try to fix
this whacked out name outside the mix.
She says ok, and I think I fixed her
But then she goes and names her new guy Hitler.
#BANNED
(True story)

I think we should take top 12. The worst team in each conference is usually going through a massive rebuild anyways, so they will pretty much never ever win. Top 12 will ensure byes for some top teams while also giving enough teams hope to do well in the playoffs. Honestly, if the bottom team missed , it might dissuade teams from doing a total rebuild like we saw in Nevada this year (no dig on Nevada, it'll be great in 2 seasons). Every team making it is just a little too much and if we expand even more, it'll have to change eventually. May as well start now.

a. I would say, yes, these teams deserve the chance to hoist the cup. Buffalo is just an absolute juggernaut. Chicago is good as well and I'm rooting for them. I would just like to say that I picked Chicago to be here! As for my opinion of the Great Lakes division...mehhh. I want someone else to win for a change.
b. TBH, Buffalo is more impressive. Some of these other SHL teams grind and grind and can never even get close to consistent playoff performance. For Buffalo to do it season in and season out is remarkable. I'm not sure if the GMs of Buffalo have some FHM secret that they should be sharing, but kudos to them.
c. What's up with Buffalo's logo? It's okay, but there could be so many better variations, right? It kinda looks like it was developed in the 1930s. Circle with words around a flat picture? Can't we have a bit of 3D? They can get away with it now while they are winning (like Boston Bruins), but the second they are in the basement it starts to stink even more.
d. Elizabeth Doyle is not only the best player for either team, she is also my favorite. She is literally the perfect goalie with 20s in pretty much any attribute that matters. In my opinion, Doyle is the reason Buffalo has this continued success. The season they lose her will not be a good one, just you watch.

15. CW TRIVIA, +1 TPE min. Verification word: Snape

Geek, Luke, and I take a trip down to Florida to meet up with the other two heisters, Sparky and Blitz. We go to the magically expensive land of Disney World where we let Luke choose 3 rides to enjoy while we blow all his money on funnel cakes. Luke chooses the teacups, tower or terror, and the Lilo and Stitch ride (so he can take a selfie with Stich and send it to BadWolf). Geek ate so much funnel cake, we literally had to drag him from the park. Blitz went a little too hard making fun of the mascot characters that he was impounded. Sparky went bar hopping in the park and authorities found him on top of the Epcot ball thingy. We were subsequently kicked out and banned.

Link
DEFENSE
Penalty Minutes -> 18 or fewer (16)
Hits -> 74 or more (91)
Takeaways -> 22 or more (40)
Shots Blocked -> 68 or more (83)
Powerplay Points -> 4 or more (6)
Take your pick

16/16 TPE

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2021, 02:54 PM by ValorX77.)

ISFL Affiliate PT +3 TPE
Task 1: After a very crazy season that once again ended in disappointment, Videl Valor decides to take out her old reliable diary in order reflect on some of the more memorable and happy moments of the season. The first happy moment was the twin shoot out/ Overtime wining goals in Quebec City and Kelowna. She doesn’t exactly remember a lot about it due to the concussion she suffered in the playoffs, but it went something like this: She stole the puck off of their top defenseman, charged down the ice, gets tripped up by said defenseman but yet goes five-hole on the goaltender to win the game and score the overtime winner. The next moment she did remember was her Lone goal in a 1-0 playoff win, "All you needed was Zhen Roza (@Vikian) being a goddess, and the speed and skill of our top lines, and you need to fouls the goaltender every time, I managed to get one by that time and that’s what I needed to do." (168 words +3 TPE)

Task 6: The offseason brings a lot of endeavors and journeys, but none so spectacular than the IIHF World Championships, the battle for diplomatic and hockey world supremacy! Who’s going to be on top of the hockey world this season? The top teams coming into the tournament this season are both from Group A, as two former rivals from the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries Duke it out, as the United States and the United Kingdom have both not lost a game as of late in early pre-season play, with Bobby Lane propelling the high powered American offense, and the UK has a mixed bag of solid goaltending and solid defense. Not far behind is Canada, Switzerland, and our defending champion, Japan. Japan has been riding the same duo that led the Chicago Syndicate to the finals, in Martjin Westbrok, and Ryuuji Minamino, and are looking to repeat as IIHF champions again, and stun the hockey world. In the toilet seat this season, are Latvia and Ireland, who both lack scoring depth or a solid core. (173 words +3 TPE)

Task 11: +4 TPE
Task 15: Word is Valor (+3 TPE)

16/16

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

PT pass for fileworker stuff and things

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2021, 08:06 PM by Leafs4ever.)

Code:

It was a tough year in certain respects. A few off ice incidents caused me some grief and my play on the ice was disappointing and I was never able to get out of it. Even with all that going on, we still did something that hasn't happened in a long time in Minnesota.

This season saw the return of playoff hockey to Minnesota. As a franchise, when you go through a drought like Minnesota went through, it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's been so long, you almost forget what it feels like to have any kind of success. Luckily, I was part of the team that brought it all back to the city. Our fans have been amazing and we wanted this for them and I'm so happy we did that. Sure, our actual playoff run was disappointing, but it wasn't about that. It was about finally taking that step and showing the league we're ready. I think this season was just the beginning and I hope it's the start of something big, for the team, the city, the fans, and myself.

(190 words)

Code:

I don't really think the idea of every team making the playoffs is a good one. I understand it's the juniors and you want young players to experience and grow in the playoffs, but I think you know what you're getting into when you join a sim league. The structure is very similar to real sports, you have fight for a spot in the playoffs. It gives players and GMs something to strive for instead of ignoring the regular season because it doesn't matter a whole lot. Let them get used to battling for the playoffs and make them learn that building your player will mean something. Also, now that players spend more seasons in the juniors, I think for sure they should be fighting for a playoff spot. Before, when there was turnover every 1-2 seasons I could see why everyone made it. Not now.

(146 words)

Code:

For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?

I've been through every era of SHL and I still fondly remember STHS. I understand the limitations that STHS came with, and I know why we made the switch to FHM. However, I still look back at the STHS days and long for them.

In STHS, my player might actually perform half decently. There's a lot of forgiveness in STHS for all TPE levels of players, so you can actually see your player produce. In FHM, if you're not loaded with TPE you just get buried by the elite. It's demoralizing and shortens a player's prime because they're only going to be good near the end of their career because that's their highest TPE point. In STHS, you can have elite players and still contribute as a role player. I know my player would of had a great season in STHS. At 1300 TPE, I would of been a solid top 6 centre and actually helped my team out. In FHM, I was awful, basically a liability on the ice, which is insane.

I miss STHS every day.

(178 words)

Code:
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is is a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

a. Buffalo deserves to be here just for having to go through Hamilton. The fact that they didn't even need 7 games to do it is even more impressive. Chicago, on the other hand, doesn't deserve to be here for one reason and one reason only. They got gifted Calgary in the semi-finals. Calgary is barely a team at this point and lucked their way to that point. Chicago got a cake walk into the finals. (75 words)

b. I think both are impressive in their own right. Buffalo having continued dominance for so long is consistency that every franchise wants to achieve. Chicago finding success in a relatively short time frame is great as well, it's what builds a fanbase. I'm going with Buffalo, though. Give me sustained contender ship. That's what I want out of my franchise, as a player and a fan. (66 words)

c. I really like the Chicago branding. The colours are unique, the city is great for hockey, and the logo is cool. However, the name Syndicate doesn't scream sports team to me. I'm more of a classic team name guy so I feel there's room for improvement there. However, I appreciate trying some different and I'm sure the players have latched onto it. (62 words)

d. In their short history, I think Martijn Westbroek is quickly becoming the greatest player in Syndicate history. There has been a few great players to come through, but Westbroek has the point totals, been in the elite class of the league for a long time, and has a championship ring with the Syndicate. That is the tipping point, along with the Playoff MVP Razov trophy. He will retire and become the greatest Syndicate. (73 words)

Code:

Verification: Strongo

Code:

Luke let me keep all this moolah after the heist. I'm not sure why me, but hey I'll take it. One catch though, I have to take the man out on a date. Time to show him a good time.

I pick Luke up in a stretch limo, complete with champagne on ice. I get the driver to take us to a secluded deck on the lake. There, I have set up a table for 2, under the moonlight, on the water, with our own personal chef and waiter. I asked around to find out Luke's favourite meal and had the chef prepare it for both of us. We enjoy our moonlit dinner and head back to the limo where there is now chocolate covered strawberries and Prosecco waiting for us. I take him home, walk him to his door and bid him adieu.

(144 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
15-6-0
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 3] [Pts 5] [+/- +6] [PIM 10] [Hits 12] [SB 38]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2021, 02:52 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Code:
Graphic, 3 TPE

[Image: image0.jpg]

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

[Image: image0.png]

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

Code:
14. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

Code:

On the ice, this was a super fun season as Calgary came into S60 as the 12th ranked team in tpe and by what all critics felt was a team moving towards irrelevancy… but the dragons ended up winning the division for the 4th time in the last 5 seasons… coming in 3rd place in the west.. winning our first FHM series ever…and getting to the western conference championships and falling just 2 games shy of the challenege cup championship! .. it was a beautiful thing to play high level hockey games at least 1 more time with dragon legends like Maxime Bouchard, Big game Choybuk and Kata Vilde.. and it was great to witness our young guys like Luukas Lilja, Richard LaFleur, #A-Rye Izzy and ZDenko Berenak enjoy such an exciting run so early in there careers.

Code:

Both definitely deserve to be in the challenge cup championship… Buffalo ended 51-10-5 which is good for the best record in the SHL.. Chicago was tops in the west at 45-19-2.. both teams won multiple rounds in the playoffs and both teams boast great player from top to bottom of the lineups.

#A-Rye Izzy = 16 points

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria