Create Account

Add a [better] warning about retirement

08-09-2021, 08:53 PMsve7en Wrote:
08-09-2021, 08:37 PMSlashACM Wrote: I assume this is what is being referred to https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=117915

Actually this one is the core one, idk if Tri knew before hand and I'm not gonna make assumptions there. It just reminded me of this

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=108347

you acting like i didnt speak with tristan about it and what would be the best for him/the team. He was aware before unretiring.

[Image: 826847802797588551.png?v=1]

i understand the concern though

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Might be worth putting a " - 15% tpe unretire penalty" or something like that next to the retirement button that people press to then type their retirement post or something like that.

08-09-2021, 11:44 PMhockeyiscool Wrote: Might be worth putting a " - 15% tpe unretire penalty"  or something like that next to the retirement button that people press to then type their retirement post or something like that.
There's a retirement button?

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

08-09-2021, 11:46 PMSlashACM Wrote:
08-09-2021, 11:44 PMhockeyiscool Wrote: Might be worth putting a " - 15% tpe unretire penalty"  or something like that next to the retirement button that people press to then type their retirement post or something like that.
There's a retirement button?
Yeah, the hyperlink to the retirement threads. Maybe have the warning not on the hyperlink of the main page but somewhere close to the player retirement title at the top of the thread when you are in the specific player retirement thread I'm not entirely familiar with the site organization and if you can add a visible description at the top of that thread.

just pin a thread in the forum thats titled "warning: you will lose 15% of your TPE if you decide to unretire"

bada bing bada boom

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Simply changing the "rules" title to something like "Rules - read first" or whatever could help.

I've seen threads from the old forum(?) that used to have some sort of subtitle. Is there a way that can be added on this forum as well? One I'm referring to is one in here. It shows up in a smaller text size under the actual thread title (this thread I'm referring to). If that's possible, that's something I would use here.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

08-10-2021, 12:02 AMhockeyiscool Wrote:
08-09-2021, 11:46 PMSlashACM Wrote: There's a retirement button?
Yeah, the hyperlink to the retirement threads. Maybe have the warning not on the hyperlink of the main page but somewhere close to the player retirement title at the top of the thread when you are in the specific player retirement thread I'm not entirely familiar with the site organization and if you can add a visible description at the top of that thread.

A separate pop-up window or intermediate screen that comes up before forwarding you to the actual retirement sub forum sounds like what you’re looking for. And while I admit that would make it easier to see, I still don’t think that solves any problem worth solving for the few people who have retired/unretired.

https://exceptionnotfound.net/bikesheddi...s%20wasted.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

We give a warning with 24h notice to make a change when people create with stupid builds, couldn't the same be done with retirements?

[Image: lespoils.gif]

If you're dumb enough to not read the big topic at the top called "rules", You deserve the 15%.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

08-10-2021, 08:21 AMlespoils Wrote: We give a warning with 24h notice to make a change when people create with stupid builds, couldn't the same be done with retirements?

PBE has this and I think it’s a good policy (24 hour grace period to cancel the retirement, after which the TPE penalty kicks in). People on this site (and others, that’s just the internet) can be kinda awful to each other, and it’s human nature to get emotional. I’m not going to sit here and say I’ve never been in a depressive funk and had the thought “screw this, this is not worth my emotional distress” because somebody was being a butthole. Obviously I’ve never acted on that impulse but I think it would be nice to have a grace period in case somebody retired because they were having the worst day and somebody said something that pushed them to the point where they wanted to quit, and then realized once they slept on it that maybe things weren’t so bad after all.

I don’t think people are necessarily too “dumb” to read the rules, but giving them a little wiggle room to walk it back if they made a decision they regret wouldn’t hurt anything.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

08-10-2021, 08:56 AMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: If you're dumb enough to not read the big topic at the top called "rules", You deserve the 15%.
100% this, also if you allow people to unretire within a day or anything like that it's just opening the door for a load of dumb april fools retirement posts

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

08-10-2021, 10:12 AMdankoa Wrote:
08-10-2021, 08:56 AMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: If you're dumb enough to not read the big topic at the top called "rules", You deserve the 15%.
100% this, also if you allow people to unretire within a day or anything like that it's just opening the door for a load of dumb april fools retirement posts
Just retire and unretire every 24 hours

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

08-10-2021, 10:12 AMdankoa Wrote:
This happens anyway tho just in media

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

or all retirement posts get flagged and have to be approved from HO within like 12 hrs, with a warning first like hey you sure you want to retire?

I understand human error, and honestly not reading the rules. Doesn't mean there shouldn't be fail safes.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]