Create Account

S60 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 07:29 AM by Mutedfaith.)

Berserkers NEWFOUNDLAND BERSERKERS Berserkers
V
S
Armada ANCHORAGE ARMADA Armada

The S60 SMJHL finals are upon us, and we will see the Newfoundland Berserkers face off against the Achorage Armada for the Four-Star Cup. As is tradition, these finals will come with a bunch of TPE available for you guys, in the form of Championship Week!

Here's how this will work: there are several tasks, each of which is worth varying amounts of TPE for putting in a little effort, for a maximum of 16 possible TPE total. You can complete them in any order and do as few or as many as you would like.

ONLY S60 SMJHL ROOKIES (S61 SHL DRAFTEES) CAN EARN TPE FOR CW TASKS. If you signed after the trade deadline and are going into the S61 SMJHL Draft, that's not you.

You may claim affiliation from an NSFL or PBE PT for 3 of your 16 TPE total.

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup? 
Requirements:  150+ words. 

Code:
Task #2 - 3 TPE (graphic only)
The finals are always a great time for SHL hopefuls to get their name on the map. Make a hockey magazine cover regarding a specific player in the finals, either rookie or send-down, to hype them up.
Requirements: A player render, the SMJHL logo of the team the player plays for (and/or SHL if they're a senddown), the name of the hockey magazine and a tagline about the player in question.

Code:
Task #3 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

Code:
Task #4 - 2 TPE
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 100+ words.
- GRAPHIC: Team logos and player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.

Code:
Task #5 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Code:
Task #6 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the two teams in the four star cup finals (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Include player renders and team logos

Code:
Task #7 - 3 TPE
How would round 1 have gone down if the team matchups had been different? Which teams would be advancing to round 2? Would it have been more evenly matched? Less? (If you're on a team that had a round 1 bye, you can talk about round 2 instead)
Requirements: 150+ words.

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

Code:
Task #9 - 2 TPE
Which series of these playoffs up until the finals has been the best / most thrilling and why? Write a short recap of which series you personally enjoyed the best and talk about the key points of the series, along with what ultimately led to the final result of it.
Requirements: 100+ words.

Code:
Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

Code:
Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S61 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Code:
Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
B. This is the third season in a row the Anchorage Armada make it to the playoffs. Will they finally be able to win the cup?
C. You're in another timeline where Quebec and Vancouver are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs compared to ours where they lost in the semi finals?
D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped get our finalists into the playoffs. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

Code:
Task #14 - Latecomer Special - 2-3 TPE
So I see you waited until the end of the finals to complete your tasks! Well congrats to [TEAM] on winning the Four-Star! Reflecting back on the series, what were the keys to [TEAM] taking the finals? Name 3 key points that resulted in the series playing out the way it did.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 100+ words for 2 TPE, 150+ for 3 TPE.
GRAPHIC: Includes a player render and a table with the 3 keys to the series results.

Code:
Task #15 - Podcast, 3-4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S60 season (on or off the ice)
- S60 playoff round-up
- S61 predictions

Can be done solo or with a partner!
Requirements:
1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

Code:
Task #16 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE
Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.
>>>> Milestones thread can be found here <<<<

DEADLINE FOR ALL TASKS: Wednesday, August 18th @ 11:59 PM EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 02:18 AM by natedoeshockey.)

Task #1 - 3 TPE

If I were not playing for the Carolina Kraken, and could choose one of the playoff teams to play for, I think I would choose to play for the Newfoundland Berserkers. I chose this team because I remember talking to their upper management pre-draft, and they all seemed like cool people...and they are also in the finals, so that is always a fun time. As far as where I would fit into their roster, I would probably be playing on the 4th line, so more-or-less the same role I played on the Carolina Kraken this past season. I think my player would make a big enough impact that he would be strong 4th line presence, similarly to how I was on the Carolina Kraken this season. I do think I would improve their chances at winning a cup, because Patya is a big time player and an even more big time winner. Also, I think Patya would fit within the personality of the team's overall identity, being that of the berserker. Patya grew up in Russia, so even though he may not be the biggest and strongest guy on the planet, he has that irrefutable Russian grit to him.

(199 words)

Task #3 - 2 TPE

For the first game of the season, the Carolina Kraken are proud to announce a special fan promotion! In cooperation with, and provided by, our sponsors and partners, the Carolina Kraken are excited to say that each and every fan in attendance for the day will receive a commemorative player-autographed bobble head of the team's newest and greatest Russian player, Patya Perevalov! This bobble head features Patya in the signature home orange Carolina Kraken jersey, and comes complete with full game gear setup and Patya Perevalov's signature in silver ink on the bottom of the included base! What time is it? It's Patya time! Only with the Carolina Kraken!

(109 words)

Task #5 - 3 TPE

This past season, Patya Perevalov had the distinct honor of working alongside NEXT for AUTISM, a charity that seeks to address the needs of people with autism and their families. The charity is very near and dear to Patya's heart, as one of Patya's best friends from their time growing up together in Omsk, Vitali, suffers from autism. He was often shunned by their community in Russia, as they are taught to be strong and not weak, which for Vitali, was rather difficult, more often than not. Patya has been sending some money back home to his friend to help out, and thought that he should do something in the states to help, with his newfound fame. He has made several large charitable donations to NEXT for AUTISM, and also works with the children and families to give them a moment's respite from the daily struggles of trying to cope with, what can be, a strenuous and debilitating mental disability.

(160 words)

Task #6 - 3 TPE

C - Robert Black  Berserkers
Not really sure what to say here. Dude has a huge point total and a name that makes him sound like a S-tier pirate. Pirates are cool. Points are cool. Put them both together and you get this guy. Also, he's British. Sounds like someone who would punch you in the face just for looking at him wrong. A solid choice to center the team.

RW - Leon Athanasios  Berserkers
SHL equivalent of the Greek Freak. Greek Freak won an NBA title. Can this guy follow suit? Again, huge point total. Verified burier of pucks. Cannot think of a better right winger for this team.

LW - Cole Carter  Armada
A big Swede. Some might even say massive. 6'5" 225? Holy shit, buddy. And oh, by the way, he can score too. Big man with hands? You love to see it. Put some size and strength on that first line with the skill. Perfect for left wing.

RD - Gregory Goode  Armada
The literal assist god. This guy had 62 points as defenseman. Not bad for a kid from Tulsa, Oklahoma. Did you even know that they play hockey in Oklahoma? I did not. I thought it was just a bunch of losers saying "Boomer Sooner." Could not field an dream team without this beast of a man. The best right defenseman in the SMJHL.

LD - Aleksandrs Balcers  Berserkers
A really tall Latvian. Another assist machine to feed the forwards. Put up really good numbers this past season. Has a cool first name that looks like it should have another vowel, but it does not. A last name that almost sounds like "ballsacks" if you say it too fast. This team needs balls, so we got them here with our left defenseman.

G - Evgeni Petrov  Berserkers
Russians are the best. Everyone knows this. So what do you do with a Russian? Play him between the pipes. This guy was nuts all season. He only lost 4 games in regulation and another 2 in overtime. Has a 0.914 save percentage. This dude blocks biscuits in his sleep. No way I would pick another goalie from the available choices.

(Somewhere around 350 words)

Task #8 - 3 TPE

All things considered, I think this season went pretty well for Patya Perevalov. I would be lying if I said I was not hoping for more, but given my role within the team, I think I excelled. It would always be nice to play more minutes and get more points, but I think I was a very valid contributor for a 4th line winger. I thought that maybe I could make a run for rookie of the year, or maybe even somehow luck into a spot on an all-star team, but I really do not think I came close to achieving that. I am okay with it, as I would rather set the bar high and fail then set it too low and just crush my expectations. For next season, I think I just need more of the same. I will keep earning and improving my player and eventually get to the point where everyone who has ever doubted me will be sorry. 

(163 words)

Task #9 - 2 TPE

In my opinion, the most enjoyable series up until the finals was the Anaheim / Maine series. I know some people may not think so because the winner was inevitably going to have to play the Newfoundland Berserkers, but watching an upset is always a good time, especially in the way it happened. Anaheim wins game 1 and it looks like business as usual. However, Maine takes the next game in overtime, and then proceeds to win the next two games by one goal each, and Anaheim finds themselves in a 3-1 hole. They narrowly escape defeat in game 4, getting a 1-goal shutout win for Zhen Roza. They get another shutout win in much more dominating fashion in game 6. It looks like Anaheim finally woke up! OH NO! THEY WENT BACK TO SLEEP TOO SOON! MAINE WINS GAME 7 IN OVERTIME WITH THE ONLY GOAL OF THE GAME AND THE UPSET IS COMPLETE! I really think this was a classic case of underestimating your opponent, and Anaheim paid the price for it.

(173 words)

TOTAL TPE EARNED FROM TASKS: 16 out of 16. We did it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BONUS TASKS (in case a prior task does not meet requirements)

Task #10 - 3 TPE

Yes, we did unfortunately get eliminated earlier than most of us would have liked, and did not get to send the few veterans we are losing out on top. That said, honestly, the Carolina Kraken have a lot to look forward to next season. Our rookie class is extremely engaged and active, and that should carry over into the draftees coming in for next season. On top of that, I believe all of our rookies should very easily be capping TPE before the season starts, as I believe we will all be in the 330-340 range after the post-SHL draft training that we can fit in. Also not to go without mention is that we are retaining almost our entire line-up outside of a few players, so we should be able to make a really strong push next season that was even better than this past season. I think it is safe to say that next season for the Carolina Kraken is looking mighty fine.

(165 words)

Task #13

A - 1 TPE
As mentioned a bit in my dream team post, I am going to go ahead and declare that Robert Black has the best name in this series. Again, total badass pirate sounding name on a team that very much fits that identity, at least in my opinion. Also, I just want to throw out a suggestion here and say that he should have a tagline like I do with "#PatyaTime" except that his should be something like "#GetRobbed."

(78 words)

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 04:21 PM by Drokeep.)

-Task #1 (3tpe)
The only correct choice is the Quebec City Citadelles for one reason (the most important one at that): they have the best goal horn in the whole SMJHL. Who wouldn't want to play for a team with that plays such a bop when you score? I'd actually invest all of my tpe to become a sniper and get it to play as many times as possible.

As for my current player, I feel Hans would be a perfect fit for QCC and their future. With me as an addition. They'd have a rookie that immediately contributes to the team, but also has a lot of growth left, so in 2 or 3 years I could be leading the defense.  I am also 100% committed to getting my team a cup, so I would do anything in my hands to get them the 4 star cup (as I am doing now with Colorado).

-Task #3 (2tpe)
During the classic rivalry game between the Colorado Raptors and the Anaheim Outlaws, the raptors organization prepared a very special gift for their fans. The one and only, super collectors edition, Angus McFife VIII bobblehead! This bobble head honoring the captain of team, shows him sporting a home jersey and with his full equipment. By his feet there is a small cup in honor of his most famous quote throughout the team and the league... "I am gonna win the cup". But our management is not cruel, and have made sure every fan in the arena gets 1 of these bad boys to take home!

-Task #8 (3tpe)
Overall, my first rookie season was a great one. I performed even better than I was expecting. As a right Defensive player, I ended with the most points amongst rookies in the Colorado Raptors, which is not an easy feat with such a stacked draft class. As for my own expectations, i felt I achieved most of them. I was active in the LR, generated a decent amount of media and even got a couple of jobs.

There is one glaring weakness with me that I want to address, and its my defensive skills. They started a bit slow and as the season went through, I definitely started improving those, but I am nowhere near my full potential. Im looking to be as shutdown as my rookie pairing partner Nightingale. As this next season progresses I expect to see my defensive game elevated and to contribute more to the team as a whole.

Task #9 (2tpe)
The best series of the playoffs has to be Anchorage vs Colorado. Despite the fact that my team lost, it was as close as a series gets. All games but one were decided by a 1 goal difference. This is a level of parity that was scarce in the playoffs, with so many sweeps happening in every round. It also had the storyline that Yanno Rosejac, former Raptor goalie that was traded earlier in the season, was playing his old team in the 2nd round of the playoffs. He showed up and proved to Colorado that it might’ve been a mistake to let him go.

Task #10 (3tpe)
The Colorado Raptors, despite exiting earlier than they hoped, have a lot of things to look forward to. They main reason is that 5 of this season starters were rookies, which means they will be considerably better by the time next season rolls around. Another big thing is that, despite losing a couple of key players due to inactivity and being called up to the SHL, most of the main core remains intact and ready to make a run for the cup. With the captain staying 1 more season, it feels like next year has to be a deep run for the cup, with all the stars aligning for Colorado to try and lift the 4 star cup.

Lastly, a lot of the really dominant teams will start to decline, with teams like Newfoundland, that only have 1 or 2 rookies, so this young Raptors squad will swoop in and take a cup in the near future!

Task #13 (3tpe)
Evil AllBran takes his award easily. Imagine not only having to play against AllBrann, but one that its evil. If you are a player on the opposing team, your knees would be week before you even touch the ice. I do want to give second place to the mayor of flavor town Guy Fieri, who is obviously a standout player and person.

B. This is the third season in a row the Anchorage Armada make it to the playoffs. Will they finally be able to win the cup?
Anchorage has a chance to win the cup, but NL looks unbeatable. At no point in this season has NL looked weak, while Anchorage had a tough patch towards the end of the regular season. The vital part of the matter is that Anchorage’s window is closing and if they don’t capitalize this year, the rebuild might put their plans on hold.

MILESTONE (1TPE) https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3083462

TOAL: 17tpe (Max of 16) 

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2021, 09:02 AM by WithTheMoose.)

ISFL Affiliate (IsaStarcrossed) - 3 TPE

Task #1 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs? Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster. Would your player make a big impact on the team? Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?

This one is super easy for me because I know where my heart leads me. If Adelie de Pengu had played on any other team in these playoffs, I feel like it absolutely would have been for the Vancouver Whalers. You see Adelie waddled his way onto that roster as a waiver pickup last season and he found that he fit into their culture very well. He enjoyed the GMs, he enjoyed the other players, and even the alumni were fantastic. He wasn't overwhelmingly good when he was last on the team due to the lack of practice in the sport, but now that he has a season under his belt and is as good as you can get for a rookie in this league, I think there was potential for him to have a big impact with the Whalers. Who knows, maybe his lock down defense would have been just enough to tip the Whalers past that edge and get them into the championship game!

(166 Words)

Task #3 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)

It just so happens that with his history in sim leagues, Adelie de Pengu already has a signature item that he has used to boost sales across all his teams. He has a patented krill flavored ice cream that he designed and has made himself and many of his contracts have included demands that his own particular brand be sold at all home games. It really has become a cult classic among his teams. Because of this it is only natural that Anaheim ask him to use his patented designs to help at fan appreciation day! One free krill flavored ice cream for every fan who comes to get a signature from the fantastic Adelie de Pengu.

(117 Words)

Task #5 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.

This one really hits home for Adelie. You see, Adelie's friends and family are in great danger due to the impacts of climate change. It started off slow, but as more and more ice melt the negative impacts to the communities of Adelie's home have been getting hit harder at a more and more rapid pace. While his particular species of penguin is fairly resilient and could potentially survive without the ice, their numbers would dwindle at incredible rates and other species he considers friends such as the emperor penguin would go extinct entirely. That is why Adelie is a key member of the Global Penguin Society. They are a nonprofit organization who are completely dedicated to the conservation of habitats for all know species of penguins in the world. Adelie holds regular fund raisers for the GPS that include meet and greets and even cookouts hosted by Adelie where he prepares everyone incredible fish. He also donates his game checks to the society as well. He gives everything he can to save his friends.

(175 Words)

Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

Honestly Adelie has never really held any standards or expectations for his personal goals on the field or the the ice in this case. Instead, Adelie has always defined success on the team and how it was performing and if his efforts helped the team to succeed. In that sense, Adelie feels like he let down Anaheim in quite a few ways. He came into the season expecting Anaheim to be one of the best teams in the juniors and he was excited to be a part of that and to be the piece that would help push this team to greatness. Adelie started off strong as for a couple weeks he led the team in blocked shots and had one of the highest number of forced turnovers. He fell off hard towards the end of the season though and that is when the team started to struggle. They lost most of their last 20 games, stumbled down the standings, and ultimately got knocked out early in the playoffs. Pengu let them down, but he looks forward to helping them rebound next season with an even better personal performance.

(189 Words)

Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

Pengu looks forward to training up this off season and hitting every available opportunity to improve his play and get better. Pengu prided himself on being one of the elite defensive talents coming into this season, but at the end of it he learned that he has a long way to go! As such he will be doubling down on training and be working to impress scouts for the next level. He is fully aware he'll be spending a few more seasons in the juniors league with his beloved Anaheim, but you have to always be looking forward and at the moment the only way forward is the SHL draft. Most league authorities have Pengu going in the top five of a pretty stacked draft class and he would be doing everyone a disservice if he didn't work his tail off to prove that he is worth that spot. So no vacation for this penguin. Only work, work, and more work as he pushes himself to the next level and exceeds all expectations.

(173 Words)

Total Earned Tasks: 17 TPE (Max 16)

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 05:29 PM by Lobbanet.)

Code:
Task #3 - 2 TPE

Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan
appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a
special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of
the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given
out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head,
etc.)

Requirements:

- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.

We are going with the ASM (Alexis Saint Michel) towel where he drinks tea, so the crowd can wave that during the game. All the goals he has made this season is just increadible. And the fact that he will play another season is just fantastic. If you guys dont watch world juniors, do that. He is doing a fantastic job as a simmer. Makes me wanna cheer him along even more the next season. He broke records this season but the next season is when we will destroy everything  and go for a fantastic run with ASM running the show. ASM for everything. Towel, bobblehead, soap. Whatever. ASM ASM ASM!

Code:
Task #5 - 3 TPE

Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a
community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such,
many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering
their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations.
Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with,
or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a
photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported
by the event.

Requirements:

So this season, Darwin Koff and some other players from the team got invited by the community to a hike in the mountains with some BBQ and everyone sleeping in tents. It was a nice 2 day trip during the bye before the playoffs started.  Darwin showed all the kids how to hide candy inside their hockey gear and still stay in shape to play games during the season. One trick to this is to get along with the coaches so if you get caught they will just ignore it. Also a big plus if you can get along with the captain so he dosent rat on you. But Sven is usually cool so that isnt a big issue. It was overall a very pleasant weekend in the mountains. Hopefully we can make this trip again next year and make it a tradition. The kids were so happy to be along with all of the VAN pros. And we are always happy to help all the kids.

Code:
Task #6 - 3 TPE

Make a dream team of players from the two teams in the four star cup
finals (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick.
Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.

Requirements:

GRAPHIC: Include player renders and team logos

Forward: Alexis Saint Michel
Explanation: Top scorer in the entire leauge, scary guy to play against. Better have a spare set of underwear.

Forward: Markus The Tater Jager
Explanation: Most points in the leauge, figure out the rest. He is the best playmaker in the entire SMJHL. Period.

Forward: KEWK Kekkonen
Explanation: He is so damn scary to play against its not even funny. Make one simple mistake and he scores. Very very good player all around.

Defence: Gregory Goode
Explanation: The most dangerous defenceman in the leauge. Fantastic playmaker and dangerous player. Watch out guys.

Defence: NeverBrokeAgain YoungBoy
Explanation: Damn freaking NBA, sad that he will be gone next year. Such a fantastic player that eat minutes and play like a god every game. Good luck in the SHL!

Goalie: Olof Karsikko
Explanation:Who else.. The freaking wall from Finland that refues to play wjc. Also makes amazing graphics. So good, all the time. And the shutouts, cmon Olof calm down.

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE

You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new
chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your
rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself
individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

I didnt expect much from my first season. I got paired to the fourth line and did what they asked me to do. As the season went along and my TPE got higher the goals  and points started to come and our line started to become dangerous at some games. Not every game, but sometimes we freaking rocked it and carried the games and it was awesome. The last few games Dex and Pyth let us play first line minutes and holy damn we won and i scored 2g and 2a in 2 games. It was awesome and made me very happy for me and my linemates. Strawberry Sailfish might not care so much but i care for him and Barry alot and hope we play well every game we play. If i could get a fight or two next season that would be great as well. Im as happy for a goal as for a fight or like a 10 PIM misconduct you know.

Code:
Task #10 - 3 TPE

So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look
forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does
your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have
another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

Well damn we will lose some players, for sure. But we didnt have the stacked oput 425 this season anyone, and our team will be better next season. And we finished 2nd this one. So eah damn right, it will be even better next year. We will keep our star players, and our bottom players will be alot better. So I am optimisctic about next season. And perhaps the let me play on the third line, who knows. I really liked our third line this year it was quite lethal. And those guys, Ragnars and Elvis will be even more lethal next year. So good luck facing that. And our fourth line will smash skulls all season long, if they let us play together another year. We need to wait for the new prospects to join and then we will know right. But it will be super fun to enter the next season and see what we can do as a team!

Code:
Code:
Task #12 - 3 TPE

Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a
journalist covering the prospects of the S61 draft class. What do
possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it
comes to potentially drafting your player?

Koff has said he is happy to play wherever he is welcomed to play at. First or fourth line dosent matter to him, all he want to do is give his heart and soul and just play some hockey. Darwin said he is as happy to get a 10 PIM misconduct as scoring a goal. That might raise some ears but thats the truth going in to the draft tomorrow. His goal is to stay with the same team his entire career and that includes lose some games. As for the future, he is optimistic to play in the big leauge after 4 seasons in Vancouver. He will play wherever he is needed, SHL or SMJHL. And he wished to have a dialouge when that time comes. When the time is ready, he said he will step up and show that he is ready to play in the big leauge and face all the opponents over there. He is not limited to the juniors but are happy to stay as long as it is needed.

Code:
Task #13 - 1-4 TPE

A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just
the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).

C. You're in another timeline where Quebec and Vancouver are the two cup
finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs
compared to ours where they lost in the semi finals?

D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance
throughout the season that helped get our finalists into the playoffs.
Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the
regular season and why?

A. I really really like the name Jason Playstation, he might not be the best or most active player in the draft but holy crap i like that name. It is so smooth and common yet powerful and soft. Its like a sensation in your mouth. Jason freaking Playstation. And a goalie as well. So nice.

B. Yeah but the format is stupid as for now. 1 and 2 gets a bye and face eachother in the semifinals. Makes no sence at all. Thats why they went to the finals three years in a row and havent won it yet, and wont win it next year either. Just pure and dumb fools luck all the way. Not a bad team at all, but not a top 2 team either.

C. So this is the proper timeline where we face the correct team right? Yeah then VAN would win all the time. We got the skill, we got the grits and we got the hot dogs. We got everything. The thing in this timeline is that Newfoundland got unlucky with the sim, they are so powerful and overpowered this season its not even funny. They deserve to win the cup hands down.

Milestone ( 1 TPE )

Total TPE: 21 (16 max)

[Image: croppad.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 11:19 AM by DarkCanuck29.)

Task #1 - 3 TPE
If the world turned upside down and Duncan Mackenzie was not lucky and #blessed enough to be playing for the Kelowna Knights, the greatest team of all time, I would like to play for the tire fire of an organization that is the Vancouver Whalers. They are clearly a strong team, having made it to the semi-finals this year, and that just does not sit right with DMack. There is no way the Whalers should be higher in the standings than the shining beacon of light and comradery that is the Kelowna Knights. So I would love to play for the Whalers, slowly taking them down from the inside, poisoning the locker room atmosphere and generally stinking it up on the ice. Through my mediocre efforts, Kelowna would return to their rightful place as best in British Columbia and the folks on the coast would be put back into their rightful place at the bottom of the standings. 

Task #3 - 2 TPE
On October 4 2026, for the first game of the season, the Kelowna Knights gave every fan in attendance a commemorative picture of the Four-Star Cup. The picture showed every member of the Championship Team dressed in futuristic space attire and positioned around a set designed to look like the interior of a spaceship, with the Four-Star Cup front and center. It was campy as all heck and very silly, however, the photo was also available to purchase for fans who could not attend the game, with all proceeds going to the Kelowna SPCA. The picture sold very well, allowing the SPCA to expend their dog facilities.

Task #5 - 3 TPE
Duncan Mackenzie is a community man. He would rather be a beloved journeyman who bleeds for his town than a superstar who is seen as above the people. When the opportunity came for DMack to support the local Kelowna SPCA, he immediately jumped at the opportunity. He loves animals and Kelowna, so this was a match made in heaven. The event began with a photoshoot of DMack with different dogs, each given a humorous Hockey Nickname like Barkie Nichols or Wayne Barksy in order to encourage the adoption. DMack then volunteered his time inside the shelter, conducting the day to day tasks of an employee there and getting to know the people and animals who live in and around the shelter. The day finished up with a community pancake dinner, where DMack worked the griddle, throwing down epic pancakes for those who attended. The event was a huge success, with many of the dogs being adopted that very day!

Task #8 - 3 TPE
The expectations for Duncan Mackenzie were never very high going into this season. He was a Third Round Pick, a project, with the belief that he would need several years of work to mold himslef into that tantalizing Power Forward model that every team covets. DMack fell short of where he wanted to be overall statistically, however, he did start to come into his own towards the end of the season. He spent much of the season on the fourth line, and deservedly so. His -35 for the season was atrocious, but he began to tighten things up defensively later on. He scored 90% of his points in the final 15 games of the season, which shows a remarkable improvement as he began to feel comfortable in the league. His 94 hits fell short of his target of 100 that he set for himself prior to season start. Overall, he was one of the poorer players on the team, but his improvement towards the end of the season is encouraging and he is trending towards becoming a very good player.

Task #12 - 3 TPE
Duncan Mackenzie came into the SMJHL touted as a punishing, physical player who can score and play sound fundamental hockey. In his first season for Kelowna he showed flashes of the potential he has to be just that, but he still has a ways to go before he can perform to that in the big leagues. He is projected as a high upside mid-round pick, with his potential, work ethic and locker room attitude all helping to draw attention to him. There are still some question marks about his game, but his major improvements on both sides of the puck at the end of the season showed his quality and should help GMs overcome their doubts. One area that stands out for Mackenzie is his ability to play physical, but clean, only picking up 18 PIM while recording 94 hits. This ability to stay out of the box and in the game should translate to the higher levels of play. His skating is average, but he still has room for improvement. Overall, you can expect to see Duncan Mackenzie picked in the middle rounds and solidly in the SHL in a few years time.

Task # 16 - 3 TPE
Claim Link +3 TPE

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

ISFL Affiliate +3 TPE

Task 3 - +2 TPE

The Nevada Battleborn are so excited to have the Commemorative Antler Game! One game this season will be dedicated to our antlered players and the first 10,000 fans into the stadium will have the opportunity to receive specialized antlers created for the arena in particular. These moose antlers will feature cupholders, much like those acclaimed beer hats, and straws, as well as pocket storage, and solar panels for charging your devices while you are outside. While it might seem a little bit overwhelming to wear on your head, this keen light-weight design is absolutely incredible at keeping you cool outside of the arena. This will be given out at the last game of the season, to help all our antlered friends grow them during the offseason.

Task 5 - +3 TPE

Charitable events are near and deer to Melvin’s heart. As a resident who floats between Denver, Colorado and Las Vegas, Nevada, Melvin has interacted with quite a few charitable organizations, but the most important to him has been raising money and awareness for soup kitchens and food banks throughout the areas. Having once been a starving moose himself, he understands that there is only so much you can do and control when you are desperate for food. Therefore, he looks at finding time to donate money, goods, and just his time to these locations as much as possible. In the evenings, even after a game, you can often find him at a soup kitchen, dishing up and cooking, as well as just hanging out with the various members of the community. Melvin often donates his uniforms and other signed items for these organizations to auction off, as well as just providing them to the kids of the community for them to enjoy. Giving back in any way to those less fortunate than a moose who found a hockey team is his favorite pastime.

Task 9 - +2 TPE

The best playoff series that was the most thrilling for me was the one that got away (and that will never actually be kept on record, due to sim errors). While it was great to know that everyone was actually updated the way they were supposed to be, the best part of the playoffs this season was when Nevada was actually able to win a game against Anchorage. We aren’t supposed to win, not with the rebuilding that had been happening this season, so for the entire locker room to know that we were able to take a game, was absolutely an incredible feeling. Sure, we kept the high going throughout the second set of playoff games, chanting and cheering RAMS IN ___, but it was definitely great knowing that even in FHM, David can sometimes topple Goliath.

Task 10 - +3 TPE

Alright, Nevada got eliminated this season, yeap, that sounds accurate. And Nevada was last in the standings, yeah, we expected that too. But here are some of the pieces that we didn’t quite expect - Willie Miller to be an absolute monster in the goal net. Sure, he still let in lots of goals, but damn, considering the number of shots on goal he took this season, it is something that he did masterfully. Add to that the fact that almost all of the team are brand new young rookies, we have a lot to be excited for next season. There were very few of us on the roster that were even at 350 TPE, let alone 425. This alone means that we are going to have a much better start to the season. Sure it’s not going to be easy as we have to fight against the teams with more sophomore capped players than us, but we shouldn’t be absolutely stomped every single game. We should be able to be competitive with some of the other teams, and it shouldn’t be a surprise when we win games. Knowing that more of the team is going to be starting off strong is something that every single Battleborn should look forward to.

Task 11 - +3 TPE

The offseason is Melvin’s favorite time, but also one of his busiest. While he is able to navigate the realms of hockey and football at the same time, as soon as the hockey season finishes, he is back to the grind trying to make sacks and tackles on the football field. As some of his teammates take a break and relax for a bit in the hockey world, Melvin will be heading into the ISFL training camps, and looking at his scouting reports to make sure that he is able to find the right candidates to draft into his team. Couple that with needing to recondition his body in a slightly different way, reset his football stances and more, and Melvin always finds himself with quite a bit of work to do. While he might enjoy a weekend off here and there, the moose has done nothing to make sure he can actually enjoy his hockey offseason, not in the way others might.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 06:59 AM by Muerto.)

Task #5 - 3 TPE
Requirements:

Grogu definitely believes in giving back to the community, and he was thrilled to be part of the Outlaws' participation in the 'Hockey Fights Cancer' outreach. Grogu was part of the 3-on-3 team the Outlaws sent to Disneyland, along with other professional hockey players from other leagues in the area, but also for kids in the community who dream of a chance to play with the pros. For a whole day, kids got to join in the venue set up to play road hockey games right in the Magic Kingdom! It was a great day as families took photos with the players and also a lot of the characters/mascots of the Disney empire! It was a special moment for Grogu to have so much fun with all the hockey-loving kids, and knowing that the efforts were going to combat a terrible disease. Grogu dedicated his time to a special child he had met on a previous visit to the Children's Hospital, where he had befriended a young boy who was ill with leukemia. Sadly, the lad had passed away without a cure, so Grogu wore his name on his sweater and wore number 11 for the age of the kid. He signed autographs and took pictures all day without complaining because he knows that people with cancer have it a lot tougher than him and don't get to stop just because they are tired or hot.

Task #8 - 3 TPE

Going into this season, I knew that my player Grogu was going to be playing 4th line minutes - the Anaheim forward core was quite strong with the players a season or two ahead of me already at their caps, and had earned their spots higher up the depth charts. However, even 4th liners have to be somewhat good, or at least not be a detriment to the team while they are on the ice. So I focused my training early to be a little more defensive-minded. Being responsible in our zone and be able to keep the puck out of our net would be the most important thing I could do. I feel I succeeded in this endeavor as my plus-minus rating was never a negative all season long! I was most pleased however that I wasn't a total slouch with the offense, scoring 12 goals on the season I felt like that was above expectations! Overall given that my expectations were somewhat tempered just knowing that I wouldn't have much ice time or special teams play, I feel it went well. For next season I will have hit my target of being 350 capped to begin the season, I just have a few attributes to boost like stamina and speed, then I will be able to see where I need to improve the next season as with the 425 build!

Task #9 - 2 TPE
Which series of these playoffs up until the finals has been the best / most thrilling and why? Write a short recap of which series you personally enjoyed the best and talk about the key points of the series, along with what ultimately led to the final result of it.

The first round series between Maine Timber and Anaheim Outlaws was the most thrilling for sure. First of all, it was the only first round series that was not a sweep, so the other 3 series were pretty boring and one-sided. But in the MNT/ANA series, it was a goaltenders battle with both sides taking turns stymieing the other offense. Despite the Outlaws having a stronger showing in the regular season, Maine was able to steal a win in game 2 with a thrilling 3 OT marathon, evening up the series after Anaheim had taken game 1. The Timber then played very strong in front of their home crowd, taking both games by a score of 2-1, with goalie Bloody Oath shutting the door tightly. The pressure was all on the Outlaws as they faced alimination, but they rose to the challenge as their own goalie Zhen Rosa played magnificently to post 2 straight shutouts and send the series to a final and deciding game. Game 7 was all you could ask for, with both goalies blanking the other team through regulation, until finally Maine completed the upset by winning the game 1-0 in overtime.

Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

The main thing to be excited about is there will be an increased number of 425 capped players on the roster next season, and that most of the rookies from S61 will also be at the 350 cap - so the team has done a great job of building around players who are dedicated to training and improving. As we have seen, a team with the right plan can turn their fortunes around in as soon as 2-3 seasons with great drafting and encouragement to keep at it. There is also the excitement of 2 new teams joining the league, and an expected strong draft class, which will also be exciting to welcome new rookies to the team but also sad as we know we might lose someone in the expansion. The team certainly be excited also as the Outlaws will be welcoming a new General Manager aboard so there will be some good buzz around the team with that, and the hopes that they will be able to take Anaheim to the next level and take a run at the 4 Star Cup!

Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S61 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Center prospect Grogu Mandosson of the Anaheim Outlaws is an interesting case in this draft. Up until the start of the playoffs, he was not eligible to be drafted as his rights were protected by the Winnipeg Aurora. However, the Aurora management made a swap and chose to release their rights to Grogu and instead opted to protect a different prospect in Bjorn Viggoson to have his rights in the draft instead.
So now Grogu becomes eligible to be drafted by any team. He has been a solid TPE earner, sitting currently 13th in this draft class. His build is currently more defensive-oriented, but he showed he does have some offensive instincts as he potted 12 goals in his rookie season despite playing 4th line minutes. It is perhaps understandable that he could fall in the draft - could teams be leery that he would return to Winnipeg anyway, so no point wasting a high pick on him? On the other hand, perhaps a team could convince him they are a good fit and look to bring in a player who has the potential to be the best out of this draft class down the road? I feel he is a bit of a wildcard that based on talent alone he should be a top 5 pick but with questions about his potential long-term loyalty could see him fall right out of the first round.

Task #16 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE
Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.

CLAIM LINK : +2

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 10:10 AM by Opera_Phantom.)

Task #3 - 2 TPE
Requirements:

Sports without fans are not really the same as the whole atmosphere is what motivates players. So, with fans returning to the arenas, the Maine Timber will be giving out miniature cups to every single annual seat holder, as a token of the organization appreciation for all the support.
So it is going to be a whole lot of miniature awards, that are going to be distributed at the first game of season 61. Every single fan is going to be called out by name and take a picture holding it with their favorite players.
Just a heads up, this ceremony is probably taking at least 6 hours. Easy stuff.

(110 words)

Task #5 - 3 TPE
Requirements:

Jay Cue is not a very charitable person. But, after his agent getting on his nerves for the billionth time, that he should definitely show up to some random community project to get a few more social media followers, he decided to just go to some soup kitchen in a shady neighbourhood in Maine.
It all worked ok, Cue just talked for a bit with the organisers, served some meals to underprivileged citizens that are just having a rough time in life and are in need of an opportunity, took some pictures with kids and fans and in the end left a hefty sum check (money given to him by some Maine Timber "boosters" and companies that want him to advertise their products.
In the end, he spent a decent few hours away from home and all the hockey scene, something that high profile athletes desperately need sometimes. And, who knows, maybe he comes back to help again in the future.

(161 words)

Task #8 - 3 TPE

To be fair and really honest, i have no idea on what was expected to happen with Cue's first season in the minors. My whole modus operandi was to really search for what the important stats were for the centre position and try to get as much TPE as i could to improve those same stats. I think i did a good job at it, while i am still a bit upset i missed on fantasy football, even after i tried to get in for a while at a perfectly reasonable time, to no avail.
Understandably, Cue was not on the ice for the time some other (better) players were, so all his hard work behind the scenes has that in mind, he really wants to be on the ice for as long as possible and be the offensive reference for the team. He scored a few goals, with some more assists, but nowhere near the top of the league. And he wants to be there.

(166 words)

Task #9 - 2 TPE

In my honest opinion, the Maine Timber - Anaheim Outlaws was the most exciting series of this season playoffs.
The Timber got to the games as underdogs, due to them finishing in 10th place versus the Outlaws 7th, but managed to beat them in a Game 7 decider. They were even 3 - 1 up after game 4, missed 2 chances to finish them off and had to resort to a 1 - 0 Game 7 win in OT.
Incredible scenes for a very young Timber team and we have to believe that the key point of this series was their another OT win in game 2, that got them level in the series. At that point they understood that everything was possible.

(120 words)

Task #10 - 3 TPE

The Maine Timber were eliminated on the playoffs, as one who follows the league would expect. But wait, for a team that that finished 10th out of 12 teams in the SMJHL, it was not a very big surprise to see them go out on the first round of... But wait! They were eliminated for real, but on the 2nd round of they playoffs, as they managed to beat the 7th placed Anaheim Outlaws, 4 - 3! And they did this with one of the, if not the youngest team in the league. What does this mean for the future? That this team is growing very steadily, their players are very active and updating every week, so the only way to go from here is up!
I know that the league is pretty even, so even if you have a great regular season, you can have a disappointing playoff run, but with the roster improving at the current rate, i can see us making a splash later on.

(167 words)

Task #11 - 3 TPE

With the 2nd round playoff exit with the Timber, Jay Cue's focus went straight into the draft and his possible landing spots.
As a Center, he his very aware that at least half the league is not looking at him with their first pick, as they do not really need to get one for the future. Still, he feels like he has a lot more to offer than his "position", so if these teams do their homework, he knows very well he can persuade them to get him as early as possible.
After a pretty underwhelming season on the ice, he already was scouted by 5, maybe 6 teams, which is not that bad. As a late create, Cue is spending the offseason working on his game, trying to improve his stats as much as possible, but with the TPE deficit he has if we compare him to "older" users, him being drafted in the first round is probably not very probable.

(162 words)
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2021, 01:41 PM by Crazylemire.)

Task #1 +3 TPE
If Kayden Pale wasnt playing for Quebec he would want too be playing for the team who won it all in Newfoundland Berkerers. I Choose Newfoundland simply because they tore the leauge apart in regular season too playoffs putting on a god damn clinc for other teams goalies a guantlent. I dont think Kayden Pale would of made too big of impact on team besides in locker room where he will try and help each and every teammate improve plus put his best foot forward each night in hopes that Quebec and get there next win . But with slotting in roster Kayden Pale would proubly be getting third line defenseman minutes over in Newfoundland just like he found in Quebec. I think Newfoundland was on a journey too win it all with or without Kayden Pale but it would of been an amazing journey to take apart of. Congrats Too Newfoundland on such an amazing journey an for taking it all in the end. *165 words*

Quote:
Citadelles
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2021, 01:44 PM by Ace.)

Task 1 – Where Else? - 3 TPE
If I was not a part of the Anaheim Outlaws, I don’t really know where I would land. Carolina Kraken, perhaps? I know Sve7en from my time with the Kraken with Frans Eller, and the management team I am familiar with. Other destinations include Maine as I think I have a good relationship with Toast and other folks over there. I would likely click in on the 3rd line for either team, bringing a physical agitating presence and hopefully opening up some space on the ice for the real offensively creative players. I don’t particularly believe that Bjorn Viggosson’s presence on either of those rosters would make a tremendous impact on their viability of Four Star Cup contention. I would probably just end up putting them on the penalty kill far more than what they were before, haha. It would be interesting to play revisionist history though.

Task 3 – Fan Appreciation Night - 2 TPE
Thanks for coming out to fan appreciation night here at the Anaheim Saloon! We’re here to see the Outlaws face off against the Anchorage Armada, and remember fans, Boat Team Bad!
For the first 500 fans, we are giving out a commemorative Cowboy Hat. Each hat will be signed by the Outlaws captain group, making it a cherished one of a kind item for every die hard Anaheim Outlaws fan! Please note, this hat only comes in one size, so it may not fit your head and is designed to be a piece of memorabilia, rather than apparel. Go Outlaws Go!

Task 8 – Rookie – 3 TPE
I just completed my rookie season. For a bit there, when the Outlaws were rolling, I was in the rookie scoring race. That was a treat and a lot of fun. Unfortunately, it was unsustainable and I quickly got stuck in the doldrums of mediocrity and the production came to an end. We made the postseason and were looking to really make an impact, but it didn’t work out that way. Zhen Roza did a great job of forcing a G7 after a rough start of the series, but we just weren’t able to generate the needed offense. I need to work on my strength to maintain puck possession, and to convert more on the opportunities that I am given when I am on the ice. Once that’s done, I know I can be a big time contributor on a contending franchise. I can not wait for that to happen.

Task 10 – Elimination – 3 TPE
Yep, we got eliminated. We were the favored team in the standings, we were the deeper squad, and yet again, the Anaheim Outlaws fall to the Maine Timber. Where have I heard this before? At least the Timber were quickly dispatched by their friends up the East Coast. We turn the page to next season. We won’t be losing too many teammates. It’ll be an exciting time in Anaheim – we will have a new GM taking over and looking to make their mark on the team. I am hopeful that a new perspective will translate to a stronger on-ice product. I will be going into the season at 350 TPE, wishing I could play at the 425 cap. I think we will be positioned to at least be in the postseason discussion, and I think we will be able to contend against the new expansion franchises as well. Time will tell!

Task 11 – Offseason Szn – 3 TPE
Oh yeah, Bjorn Viggosson is gearing up for the SHL Draft. His agent has reason to believe he’s definitely heading to Winnipeg, so scouting is off the menu. Bjorn went hope to Sweden where he is enjoying his summer with his feet up and sippin’ on fine spirits. He’s joined his local youth hockey program where he is participating as a mentor for summer hockey camps as these young Swedes are looking to take the next step in their development. He’s also working hard in the weight room, looking to get gains and extra swole for next season in Anaheim. He’s just signed a contract with a pre-workout brand to become the face of their marketing. Tre Kronor Protein Powder! It’ll give you the strength of the Vikings! Skal! One thing is for sure, the offseason after your SMJHL rookie season and having the SHL draft is one of the craziest for any member of the SHL community.

Task 13 – Quick Hits – 2 TPE
B – Yeah, I think this is the year that they get over the hump. Boat Team Bad and all, but they’ve been there a lot and keep ending up the Bridesmaid and never the Bride. Gabe will be tired of this and looking to add an exclamation point onto this remarkable run that the Armada have been one.
C – They were able to bring down the juggernauts. I had NL-ANC in my predictions, so the results we are seeing come as no surprise to many. More often than not, the favored teams are victorious, and this is what happened in the reality we all live in. It would be interesting to consider this alternative Finals though.

TOTAL TPE: 16

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 05:37 PM by Crazylemire.)

Task #1 +3 TPE
If Kayden Pale wasnt playing for Quebec he would want too be playing for the team who won it all in Newfoundland Berkerers. I Choose Newfoundland simply because they tore the leauge apart in regular season too playoffs putting on a god damn clinc for other teams goalies a guantlent. I dont think Kayden Pale would of made too big of impact on team besides in locker room where he will try and help each and every teammate improve plus put his best foot forward each night in hopes that Quebec and get there next win . But with slotting in roster Kayden Pale would proubly be getting third line defenseman minutes over in Newfoundland just like he found in Quebec. I think Newfoundland was on a journey too win it all with or without Kayden Pale but it would of been an amazing journey to take apart of. Congrats Too Newfoundland on such an amazing journey an for taking it all in the end. *165 words*

Task #3 - 2 TPE

Quebec is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of 1 fan Apperication game of the season, where the players of Quebec will hand out a special commemorative items to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. Quebec Pokemon/ Hockey Trading cards of the whole team too show the love and support fans have given too the captain of Quebec Mew Two.
Also some other items given away on this fan apperication night was the Gm Evok idea too show love too the kids of quebec by handing out stuffed Owls, this shows to have paid divideneds having the house loaded with parents and kids

*117 words*

Task #4 +2 TPE

In This Article we are going too look at 2 of the most promising talents the SMJHL has seen to date and compare them and see who is better , in this article we will be evaluting centermen Mikhail Novikov of Anchorage Armanda and Centermen Robert Black of Newfoundland Berserkers. Novikov From Moscow, started in season 60 from Russia 6'0 foot 202 pounds, Player look alike as Kirill Kaprizov rocking the number 39. On the other hand we got Robert Black who is from Edinburgh, Great Britain 6'0 foot 188 pounds same height but bit lighter than
Novikov.

Offensive Ratings

Screening Novikov (7) Black (5)
Novikov is a bit better at screening than Black
Bigger body harder too move out of the front but both players arent too skilled at screening

Getting Open: Novikov (14) Black (15)
Both players are tremindous at getting open Black has just slightly the edge.

Passing: Novikov (14) Black (14)
Both good at passing cant deterime who wins this catergeroy

Puckhandling: Novikov (14) Black (15)
Both very good Puckhandlers edge slightly too Black though

Shooting Accuracy: Novikov (13) Black (13)
Both ok Accuracy cant quite determine a winner even tho Black had more points he was on better team

Shooting Range: Novikov (9) Black (10)
Black just slighty has better shot

Offensive Read: Novikov (15) Black (15)
Both very simular too close too call

EDGE: Black in offensive Caterogeys Black is just a bit better than Novikov just slighty being better at getting open, Puckhandling, shooting range while Novikov holds the edge in screening

*260 words*

Task #6 +3 TPE

If i were too make a dream team from the 2 finalist we had this year in the four star cup finals between Newfoundland and Achorage it would have too start with centermen who had the best game rating of those 2 teams at a average of 69, Robert Black from Newfoundland,
On the right side i would have Leon Athanious of Newfoundland who posted a average game rating of 65 this playoffs among best of these two teams right wingers, and for the left side i would have too put Cole Carter out there instead of Treadeu posting a 73 average game rating and being the biggest star on all of Achorage this year i gotta go with Cole Carter, for the Defenseman i would 1st have Aleksandrs Baclers of Newfoundland as my go too first defeseman holding the best game rating on all of newfoundland with 73 this guy is a beast too play against, and too pair with Baclers i would go baxk too Achorage where i would bring in Jean-Locke Zidane too play along Bachlers, Jean-Locke Zidane had an average game rating of 72 just under the likes of cole carter and Bachlers. Too throw in net i would have to go with superstar stopper in Yanno Rosejac he put up a resepectable 69 average game rating over these playoffs an impressive feat but this goaltender .

*230 words*

Task 10

+3 Tpe

Quebec just was emilianted from playoffs during Kayden Pale's first tenure with the team, Kayden Pale was playing along side forward turned defensemen veteran of the SMJHL Kian Hamilton jr on the 3 pair of defense it was a bitter defeat in game 6 of the semi finals a few of the older players moving on most notiable captain Mew Two who is going onto the big leauges, but this doesnt stop Quebec and Kayden Pale and rest of the team from not moving forward an getting ready for next season with a load of the players being young and willing this could be a team too look out for next season the expanison protection list was showed too the players and the team is willing too try and keep all there younger talent and work on them and try more on them while leaving vavluable older players such as Kappa Kappa on the board for the new expanison teams. If the kids can pull together next year could be an amazing year for quebec.

*175 words*

Task 13

Task #13

A. The player from the 2 finals teams that i think has has the best name in this series has got too be Robert E. O. Speedwagon, he is a Speedwagon so his last name sticks pretty well, with a speed rating of 14 his is just trailing Jesse Treduea with average speed of 15, Speedwagon has done good this season and despertely wants to win it all we will see if this ends up paying off for Newfoundland and Mr.Speedwagon.

C.Kayden has a deep sleep and dreams into another timeline where Quebec and Vancouver are the two cup finalists. What went right for Kayden Pale and Quebec these playoffs compared to where they just lost in the semi finals. In Kaydens dream he dreamed it was game 7 ot of finals next goal takes home 4 star cup, Kayden is begging for a shift since being 10 mins into and not touching the ice yet this OT, Evok gives Kayden that chance and Kayden goes hard and recieves a breakway pass by his D partner Kian Hamilton junior, he gets it dekes out goalie they WIN Kayden Pale game winning OT goal the crowd goes wild.

*199 words*

Quote:
Citadelles
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2021, 03:48 PM by efischermann.)

Task #3 - 2 TPE
For Fan Appreciation Day we designed a custom dual bobble head with both Alexis Saint-Michel and Makrus “The Tater” Jager celebrating a goal. Why these two do you ask? Well, ASM led the league and set a Whalers record with 38 goals this season, while The Tater didn’t want to be out done, so he decided to lead the league in points. The bobble head has the two skating towards each other with their arms raised high in the air celebrating one of the many goals they combined for this season. It will be a massive hit for the fans that was handed out at the team’s first playoff game against St. Louis, and something that can be held on to as a keepsake when they break their own records again next season!

133 words

Task #8 - 3 TPE
With all things considered, where I was drafted (middle of the third round) and how little I was scouted coming in, I would say my season was one of the more successful in the class. Coming in a bit later to the party, I have still been able to maintain the top 10 in the TPE rankings, exceeding even my own expectations, and have also been very active. The Vancouver locker room is absolutely amazing. There is so much support there, and so many people who honestly care about making each player and the team better. I was lucky enough to be paired with Sven Svechnikov during the season, and our pairing was dynamic, especially once I began developing throughout the year. He taught me a ton as I grew through the ranks, and while my offensive stats don’t jump off the page, I was very pleased to end the season on the plus side of plus/minus, and with a pretty decent offensive output. For next year, I will be maxed out in TPE, so the main point of improvement will be banking as much as I can to prepare for my next bump.

194 words

Task #9 - 2 TPE
Easily the most thrilling series was between the Vancouver Whalers and the Newfoundland Berserkers. The top two seeds meeting in the semi-finals are never what anyone wants, but that’s how it currently works out around here. While Newfoundland has been the heavy favorites all season long, Vancouver has a bunch of scrappy youngsters that put together one hell of a season. While Newfoundland had a blowout win in game 1, Vancouver never let them out of their site. When people thought the series was going to be over with the Berserkers up 3-1 in the series, Vancouver bared down in game five to force a game 6. While the final score in game 6 seems a bit lopsided, Vancouver kept it tight the entire game until the very end. In what was likely the real finals, the Whalers gave Newfoundland all they could handle.

144 words

Task #10 - 3 TPE
The most exciting thing for Vancouver is all the players returning. Next year was always going to be the year we could really make a run at it. The success from this season just showed how promising this team actually is. Coming into the season, outside of the Whalers locker room, no one expected much from us. Winning the division this year and having the second best record in the league is just the start. There will be a couple players moving into the SHL next season, but the majority of the core is staying. The leagues leading goal scorer, Alexis Saint-Michel, and the league’s leading point getter, Makrus “The Tater” Jager will both be returning. The teams’ starting goaltender Olaf Karsikko who led the league in shutouts with eight will also be back. The teams’ promising rookies like Darwin Koff, Conner Tanner and Landon Fischermann should all be maxed out going into the season. All of these things combined lead to some very high expectations for the Whalers next season.

171words

Task #11 - 3 TPE
This offseason I am going to be training hard. While I might be close to capping out, I am no where close to satisfied. I want to build up those banked points as fast as humanly possible. I am hoping to be depended on more with Vancouver next season and deep into the playoffs. I am also hoping I turned some heads this season in order to set myself up for the upcoming SHL draft. I want to be someone that is counted on after falling in the SMJHL draft. Getting bounced in the semi-finals has been more than enough motivation for me to want to come back and get after it hard next season. Going to take a few days to recharge the batteries, and then get right back in the gym and on the ice so I can be ready to roll the second the puck drops the ice in season 61.

154 words

Task #12 - 3 TPE
Landon Fischermann is a young up and coming defenseman that projects very well at the next level. He is a speedy, puck-moving defenseman who has a ton of drive and grit and is someone every team should want to have in the locker room. A kid who has leadership and a future captain written all over himself, Fischermann is a prize to whoever decides to take him in the upcoming SHL draft. Someone who is extremely dedicated to his task, Landon will exceed any expectations that are set for him. The biggest negative for Landon is he expects his same level of determination from all those around him. Being from Southern California, he grew up watching a guy like Kobe Bryant run the town. Someone who would show up and scream at his teammates if they weren’t giving as much or more effort than he was. He will bring that level of passion and fire to any team.

Strengths: Defensive Ability, Speed, Passing, Offensive Zone Awareness, Hockey IQ

Weaknesses: Shooting Accuracy, Shooting Power

173 words

16 TPE out of a Max 16

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 06:01 PM by Jayba1t.)

Task #3 - 2 TPE

Requirements:

Next season, as we begin to welcome fans back, Colorado will be bringing out a few bobbleheads and rally towels for certain games to really bring out the Raptor spirit. First off, we will have the Noel Blanchet night, on game 7 (in recognition of Blanchet's jersey number, #77), in celebration of Blanchet breaking the all time SMJHL assists record. First, there will be baskets off green and red apples alike all around the arena, free for everyone to take and eat, while celebrating the amounts of amazing dishoffs Blanchet made in his record year. A Blanchet bobblehead will also be given out to everyone. The second promotional day scheduled will be Kekw Kekkonen's bobblehead giveaway on games 6 and 9 (in recognition of Kekkonen's jersey number, #69), celebrating Kekkonen's explosive 30 goal season. A beautiful replica of Kekkonen's mighty shooting stance, along with the obligatory :kekw: stamped on there. Along with that, everyone will get a nice Raptors rally towel to swing around when KEKW, or anyone scores a goal. Let's go Raptors!

(174 words)

Task #6 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the two teams in the four star cup finals (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.

Requirements:

LW Jesse Trudeau
Jesse Trudeau is a very potent scorer and playmaker showed by his 25 goals, 41 assists and 66 points. He balances out his scoring, and has great hockey sense, IQ, shots and passes. His balanced offense on both facets of the game will mesh well with Blanchet and Trudeau,

C Robert Black
Robert Black is more of a pure playmaker, as he can really dish off accurate and timely passes to his teammates. His 54 assists broke the all time SMJHL record, so he can pair well with Saint-Michel and Trudeau. Blanchet will mostly focus on getting the puck onto the sticks of Carter and Trudeau, while winning his faceoffs.

RW Cole Carter
Cole Carter is what this line needs to round everything out, a pure goal scorer. He tallied 38 goals this season, most in the league and while his shot isn't the most powerful, it still gets the job done well. He also gets open at the right time too.

LD Aleksandrs Balcers
Aleksandrs Balcers is a tough, physical but also very offensively talented defenseman. He can shoot pucks on net, but has a very good pass to help out teammates. Balcers transitions the puck well, and has decent defensive numbers too.

RD Gregory Goode
Gregory Goode, similar to Balcers, plays a more offensive oriented game, by getting pucks, moving them up ice and distributing them. Goode also blocks shots, and has a superb one himself. He scored 15 goals, good for 2nd in the league.

G Yanno Rosejac
I went with the best all round goalie, and that was Rosejac. His glovework, amazing reflexes and positioning are all among the best in the league, so it is no wonder his stats show for it too. He has a strong Save percentage, while maintaining a high game rating.

(303 words)

Task #8 - 3 TPE

For Max Manning, it was a decent first rookie season, with highlights and some lowlights throughout the year. He finished off the year with 3 goals, 15 assists and 18 points, while playing on the team's 4th line with Gabe Gooney Waters Harrak and Donald Jr. Trump. Overall, Manning mostly lived up to his title as a playmaker, setting up plays and scoring chances for his teammates. Even though most told me 18 points and 15 assists as decent, I think I personally underperformed a little to what I expected. I was looking for more around 10 goals and 30 points ish, but I am still happy with what I produced overall. Unfortunately, there was a time where I could not score a single goal, which was so frustrating. However, I kept going, updated and finished off the season with an alright stat line. Next year, I'm really looking forward to step into a bigger role on Colorado. Go Raptors!

(160 words)

Task #9 - 2 TPE

Although this may be a little biased, I truly do believe the Colorado-Anchorage 2nd round matchup was a one for the ages, and an exciting, thrilling and fun one to watch. After being swept last year by Anchorage, Colorado set out for some revenge on the Armada in this year's matchup. Whilst Anchorage did have a pretty strong team, Colorado put up a fight, and even came on top with the 3-1 series lead until they just could not finish it off. The highlight of the series was mostly all the games to be honest. The first 6 games were all decided by 1 goal, and 3 games went to overtime, with the Armada winning 2 of them. At last, Anchorage managed to win 5-2 on Colorado home ice, taking the series win and moving on. GG Anchorage. 

(138 words)

Task #10 - 3 TPE

Even though we eventually could not put away the series, I believe there is a lot for Colorado to be excited and happy about in the coming seasons, especially next one. First, the Raptors S60 SMJHL draft was a one to remember, and executed fantastically by GMs Jumbobone and Ruggsy. 5 of the 6 picks (Graf, Harrak, Trump, Manning and Nightingale) have all been active and 4 currently rank top 20 in TPE, while Nightingale is at 33. At this rate, this rookie core take a huge step next year in improving and supplementing the team's stars that are already here (Kekkonen, Nishimori, Nystrom, Gobbledygook, McFife XVIII and Seteki). Next year, I believe we will have a dangerous team, that can contend against any powerhouse, with a potent offense, rock solid defense and brick wall goaltending with the rookies climbing up the progression. In no time, the Raptors will have strong up front stars, along with plenty of depth and supporting members. 

(162 words)

Task #13A - 1 TPE

A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).

Personally, my favorite name I have seen so far would be Anchorage defender Bean Beanman. It is quite simple, nothing very complicated yet it has a nice ring to it, while being easy to pronounce and say. I also have a slight bias to food based names, and the spelling of the name appeals to my eyes. Overall, it is simple, fun and a memorable name.

(66 words)

MILESTONES 2/3 TPE Milestones

TOTAL TPE: 16/16

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 12:40 AM by Aleris.)

Task #1 - 3 TPE

Funny story. I almost signed with Maine instead of Nevada. I was brand new to the site and so nervous and giddy that people had reached out to me. I also had no idea what I was doing, and did not know that it was a Maine GM who DM'd me. Ultimately I went with Nevada. Would I have helped Maine in the playoffs? Probably not. They seem to be on the up swing, they beat Anaheim in Round 1 which tells me they have a strong squad that improved throughout the season. Of course getting past Newfoundland this year is a tall order for any team. Maybe I could have helped them take a game, but its a tough match-up this year. In the long run, I imagine I would have helped, being a rookie and earning as much TPE as I could this season. Would I fit on there team? Yes, an elite goal scorer like me would fit on any team. You heard it here first. Maine/Nevada final in S62. (approx. 159)

Task #3 - 2 TPE

Well as you may know, The Dodge Ram 1500 Hellcat Memorial Arena we have a casino where you can gamble while you watch elite hockey. So of course, as any smart business manager would do, every attendee to the opening game against Carolina was given 500 chips to gamble away. All the chips are collector items as well with our captain Melvin's head on the chips.  We host a variety of tables for blackjack, Texas hold em, and my personal favorite, New Mexico Five Card Face Up. For those that like wheels and dice there's roullette and craps. Even a chance to cash your chips in (a lot of chips) for a Dodge Ram 1500 Hellcat Battleborn Edition! (approx. 120)

Task #8 - 3 TPE

First season in the books and I think it went very well. If you check. I was 2nd to last in ATOI for Nevada, yet finish in the middle of the team for points and 5th best in Goals. As well as a 15% shooting percentage. I would say pretty good considering the time on ice. For my first season, I did exactly what I wanted, scored goals. As for my expectations, I really came in with none. Undrafted FA (not through any fault of my own) plus being brand new to sim leagues, I didn't know what to expect. I knew I would be on the 3rd or 4th lines and not see too much playing time, but I did feel like my player improved throughout the season, as more and more goals games towards the end. Some scouts say I need to work on my defense, but that's boring. I want to bulk up and shoot pucks. (approx. 183)

Task #9 - 2 TPE

Colorado vs Anchorage has got to be the best series of the playoffs. We had two teams headed in opposite directions at the end of the season. Anchorage falling at the end of the season and letting Vancouver snag the North West division. And Colorado. A team who battled with Anaheim for the South West, but pulled away at the end of the season and was looking hot. For the first 4 games Colorado really looked good. They were winning games by one goal and jumped to a 3-1 series over Anchorage. Could the Dinos upset the Boats? Then Game 5 went to OT and Anchorage stayed alive, and then did it again in Game 6 (again in OT)!! With a 3-3 series, Anchorage showed up and beat Colorado 5-2 ending their hopes on an upset and a sigh of relief from Anchorage. (approx. 146)

Task #11 - 3 TPE

Well I returned to Swansea after Nevada got knocked out. It was nice to be home after living in literally an oven for a season. I've made sure to catch some of the other playoff games on the tele. I was pulling for Vancouver, but it is what it is. I've been busy though. I was selected to be co-GM/player for Team Great Britain, so I had to get together with Ruggs McOoooh and pick a squad. Then I worked out at the rink in Cardiff (I would hope to one day build an ice rink in Swansea) doing skating drills, puckhandling, lifting weights. I'll admit one thing. I have not been eating healthy since I got back. I'll need to get back on the gameday diet for the WJC. I have had a few SHL GMs reach out to me. It's weird, like your selling yourself. I want to go 1st overall of course, but who doesn't? I really don't know what to expect come draft day. (approx. 180)

Task #13C - 1 TPE

In my alternate timeline, Quebec City was declared winner over Anchorage because it was a fashion contest instead and Quebec City's colors are much prettier. Vancouver won over Newfoundland because the league decided to give them a Finals appearance due to their rebranding. You see, Vancouver decided to rebrand right before the series. They moved away from the bloodthirsty Whalers and more towards the cute and cuddly Vancouver Clownfish (with the color pallet of a creamsicle!) (approx. 77)

Task #16 - 2 TPE
S60 SMJHL Milestones

16/16 TPE

[Image: Aleris-Sig3.gif?ex=66246b80&is=66231a00&...e44aac877&]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]