Create Account

S60 SMJHL Championship Week

Task #4 - 2 TPE

Columnist: My co-reporter and I had a chance to stop by the Maine Timber locker room today before their big game against the Colorado Raptors. We really wanted to take a look at what Maine Timber’s goalies Rusty Remao and Bloody Oath do before a game to help them get in the zone. First, we met up with Bloody Oath to ask him about his pre-game rituals. “Before each game, I really like to blast “In The Air Tonight” by Phil Collins” he said. “I’ll turn it up loud and drum it out on my locker door before I hit the ice, it really allows me to operate at peak performance.”. Comparatively, we also spoke with Maine’s other goalie, Rusty Remao. “Before each game, I create at least one “Woman yelling at cat” meme usually related to the opposite team losing or needing to try harder, and post it on reddit. There’s something about that cat getting yelled at that really makes my day.” - Not quite what you would expect from a couple of top tier goalies but what can you say, if it gets them performing as well as they usually do, you can’t really talk badly about their rituals.

(202 words)

[Image: RG2yOzP.png]
Credit: Ragnar
[Image: W3cWGCN.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png] [Image: 3XEVZeB.png] [Image: jO2Di2N.png] [Image: NwdnVLP.png] [Image: o2NPreS.png]

Task #5 - 3 TPE

Rusty Remao’s wife during her time in college was the president of her school’s Red Cross club and has continued to volunteer with the Red Cross even after graduating. As a result of this, Rusty has (and continues) to spend a lot of time working donation events at local schools, churches, and medical facilities around the area. Rusty has made efforts within the league and in the community to help advocate for blood donation and the benefits blood donation can have in communities around the world, especially in areas with low donation counts. Specifically, this season, Rusty will be working with League management to get players out and donating at the first annual “SHL/SMJHL Blood Battle”. For this event, donation counts will be tracked between teams in the SHL and SMJHL. The league with the higher donation count across the board, will receive bragging rights and each team on the winning side will be issued a small Red Cross patch for their sweaters to commemorate the victory.

(167 Words)

[Image: W3cWGCN.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png] [Image: 3XEVZeB.png] [Image: jO2Di2N.png] [Image: NwdnVLP.png] [Image: o2NPreS.png]

Task #11 - 3 TPE

This offseason, I will mainly be spending a lot of my time catching up on playing video games which I don’t get to do a lot of during the main season. (Rusty likes to practice, almost too much). I’ve been missing my time spent playing games like Project Zomboid, FFXIV, American Truck Simulator, and Arma 3 among other things. There are also new games on the way like Diablo 2 Resurrected and New World. Other than that, I plan to get in some outdoor activities that I love. Kayaking, Biking and Golfing. Usually, golfing isn’t something you think of for a hockey player but it helps to keep some of that hand eye coordination going during the off season, as do a lot of video games I play. Kayaking and biking are mostly just there for the exercise. Other than that, I’ll probably watch some TV and maybe take a few naps.

(152 words)

Task #10 - 3 TPE

Season 61 was not an easy season for Maine Timber. This year, Maine Timber picked up a lot of new players and our team overall is one of the youngest in the league. With that, comes a lot of inexperience and rough games. Since most of our players were new this season, we had a rough time against these other teams in the league that are a bit more established. But, our coaching staff and management is playing the long game. In picking up all of these new players and looking for real talent in those choices, Maine Timber is setting itself up for a strong come up in the next few seasons. As long as our players continue to grow and work on themselves, we will have a very strong team. Our TPE count is high and our team has a really great culture to help us build together. If things keep progressing well, you can expect to see Maine climbing the ranks and claiming that cup soon.

(169 words)

Affiliate for 3 TPE - ISFL PT
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 01:29 AM by Omniscius.)

Task #8 - 3 TPE

So for my rookie season, I am really proud of myself and my growth over the year. I made a lot of new friends and really formed a bond with the players in the locker room. I don't talk much to the rest of the league, but I certainly think of my teammates as my friends. I honestly think that's what set us apart this season. We had solid team chemistry and I learned a lot from the older players. Our coach is great and he helped develop my game. I think next season we'll keep putting the work in and make sure I'm ready for whenever Petrov gets deservedly called up to the pros. I performed above average in the league and above my expectations. I got more games then expected and managed to put up some impressive numbers like having the second highest gaa in the league. I think if I develop consistency I'll only show my true talents and help Newfoundland continue our momentum into next season
(170 words)

Task #11 - 3 TPE

This offseason is about putting work in the gym and studying last year’s footage to learn and absorb all I can. I’m young and I still feel I have a long way to go in terms of improvements. I really enjoyed my first season in the SMJHL with the Newfoundland Berserkers and I believe we will be in for some more success next season. I’m excited to be drafted into the SHL as well soon and getting to know my new teammates better. I think Newfoundland is the perfect place for me to develop as a goalie and hopefully continue bringing more success to the team. I feel like since joining as a free agent during the season I’ve come to really improve on my stamina, skating, and positioning allowing me to really compete on another level. This summer though, I look forward to fishing and maybe even going back home for a bit to visit family and friends. I think after putting in such a concentrated team effort towards the 4 star cup, we all need a bit of rest and down time. Once I get back into training camp though, I’ll be aiming to really push myself for a even better year.
(word count 204)

Task #16 - 3 TPE

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3084270

[Image: png_20230208_222443_0000.png][Image: johanseen.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 05:08 PM by dylanjj37.)

Task #3 - 2 TPE

When the Kelowna Knights decided to hold a fan appreciation day, they need to pick a game and a super cool gift to give out. Picking the game was easy. It would be on the second game of the season because second is the best. Second, they needed a super cool gift. They decided to give out biscuits which would be chosen by the players. This would not be great as a commemorative gift as they won’t last but they would be put in a biscuit tin with the faces of all the Knights players which fans could keep after they ate all the biscuits and they could store other things in it.

Task #16 - 2 TPE

milestones

Task #13a - 1 TPE

The best player name in the finals is very easy to pick as there is one stand out player. Pasta the Turtle wins the prize of best name as pasta is my favourite food so it is very cool to be named after it and I also loves turtles so being a turtle is great. Combine both and it makes a truly amazing name.

5 TPE

Task #3 - 2 TPE

COMING SOON! The Newfoundland Berzerkers DESKTOP HOCKEY GAME! Includes 2 miniature hockey sticks with custom NL logo tape, 1 miniature puck, 1 miniature regulation ice rink, 2 snap on nets, and 1 NL ‘Zerks miniature logo flag! Bored at work? HOCKEY. Start a (fun) SMJHL rivalry with your coworkers (for fun). The rink has small bumpers so the puck doesn’t fly around too much on the slick plastic stickers. The package also includes special edition miniatures of Emeril Lagasse in his chef coat, Pasta the Turtle, and a slice of Toast. Look forward to Zerk Fan Appreciation Day next month!

Task #5 - 3 TPE

As a professional chef and now hockey player, I have had some amazing opportunities in my life, but I recognize that not everyone is as lucky and blessed as I. In my downtime in Newfoundland, I like to get some of the boys together to work in soup kitchens and/or food pantries to benefit the community. One of my favorites to go to is the Bridges to Hope Food Aid Centre. Their tagline is “neighbours feeding neighbours” and that has always resonated with me. One of my favorite events they do is “Bag to School” where we get the time to pack bag lunches for children whose families aren’t able to provide them anything! I love helping the community and bringing my love of food and hockey together. The Zerks are such a giving team, it’s nice to see the different channels they are willing to go to help the local community as well as other charities across the world.

Task #8 - 3 TPE

I came into this league not expecting very much from myself. I am a bit older and have already established myself in my career (BAM!), so this was really just for fun! I am very surprised with how well I have done this season. I have really found a comfortable home here in Newfoundland with the Berzerkers. Not only have I learned more about how to play the game, I have learned more about myself! After every game, the team announces the “Zerk of the Game,” or ZOTG. This is whoever hard carried the team, whether we won or lost. I was lucky enough to get three ZOTG this year, when I expected NONE. My ZOTG goal for next season is 5, not too much but more than this season. I have gotten 13 goals this season as well, after not expecting more than 5. I am very proud of myself and I am excited to see what I can do next season!

Task #9 - 2 TPE

The most thrilling series for me was between us
(the NL Berzerkers) and the Vancouver Whalers. We decided to step up the consequences of how well we played by adding in a little pledge fundraiser in. Not only were we excited to win, but we were more focused on the individual stats of the team. I pledged $1 for each goal we scored in the series and ended up donating $20 to a foundation to save ocean animals like whales and dolphins. It added a different level to the games and was a super fun series! I would love to do something like this in other series in the future.

Task #13 - 3 TPE

A.) Guy Fieri, from the Anchorage Armada, is my favorite player name currently. I love this man, his children call me Uncle E. I was actually convinced to join the league by Mr. Fieri. He is an amazing man, chef, and hockey player. Even though we are playing against them in this series, I can’t help but silently cheer for my pal.
B.) The Armada has a very good chance of winning this season, but hopefully Newfoundland can kick them out this series! It’s been a tight few games, everyone has been on the edge of their seats. The Armada is a great team and if they win, they definitely deserve it, but I hope they lose to us, the ‘Zerks. 
D.) Leon Athansios and Evil AllBran are definitely huge parts of why the Zerks got so far! Obviously, the whole team is working hard and absolutely KILLING IT, but the two of them are on another level. With 61 goals in between the two, they have brought us to the finals! Just a few more games and superstar performances from these two and we WILL Definitely have the cup in our hands.

Task #16 - Milestones - 2 TPE

[Image: MJFOsSL.jpg]
 [Image: jVFaBhU.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 12:40 PM by Blastmeaway.)

Task #11 - 3 TPE
It is officially the offseason. Fortunately we in Anchorage got to play for the Four Star Cup, seeing as we did make it past the first round of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League Four Star Cup Playoffs. Unfortunately we in Anchorage did not win the Four Star Cup, as we ended up losing in six to the Newfoundland Berserkers. Circling back to the offseason discussion as it is time to take a break and look forward to the SHL Draft, many are asking how is Towelie spending his time during the offseason. Towelie is planning to spend his time, leading up to the SHL Draft, playing more hockey in the World Junior Championship because it started during the Finals and me, Towelie, had to make many international flights both directions to be able to play in the World Junior Championship and the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League Finals at the same time.

Task #16 - Milestones
+3 Milestones

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2021, 03:10 PM by ReaperComePepegaAim.)

Task #1 - 3 TPE:

If I wasn't playing for the Maine Timber in the playoffs, the best team for me and the best team to be in for me is the Quebec City Citadelles. A big and important reason is that english is not my first language. I speak in french and Quebec is the capital of my province in the Canada. To be in this team would make me proud. Also, in Quebec, people speak my language and this is something that would make me better to be able to speak my first language to other people sometimes. I think I would slot into their roster, because of the energy that I bring to my teammates. Energy is always good. If my player play with Quebec he would be energetic and happy. Good vibes and energy can make big difference in a game, so this is why I think my player can make a big impact on the team. Playing for quebec would for sure increase their chance of winning this beautiful cup and especially when people from my province is cheering for their french player. A lot of energy and determination can come out from the cheerings. 196 words

Task #5 - 3 TPE

Alexis Paquette is a very nice guy, he have always love the help others, but this time Alexis decided to do something big that he never have done before. Alexis Paquette have an autistic brother and he absolutely wanted to help autistic people by organized a big event. The event was in the arena of the Maine Timber. Alexis invited people to play with him in the arena for a couple of dollars but for only 15 minutes with 12 people on the ice. This event bring a lot of Maine Timber fan to the arena and the event lasted for a week. Surprisly, this event has accumulated a lot of money. Alexis Paquette give all the money to an organization that is helping autistic people. Alexis Paquette was very proud and happy of what he have accomplished. He's autistic brother was very happy when Alexis said what he have done for the autistic people and he's brother hug him with tears of joy. What a beautiful moment that was. 170 words 

Task #16 - 2 TPE https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3086448       

TPE (8/16)                   

Alexis Paquette
Popcorn                                                                          Center                                                                                                        Ahh                                

Team Canada              Maine Timber                                                                    
 This season I am going to be the wood that can't be burned

Task #1 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs. Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster. Would your player make a big impact on the team? Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?
Requirements: 150+ words.

Konstantin Selich would most likely be playing for the Anchorage Armada if he wasn't playing for the Quebec City Citadelles, the reason for that is quite an easy one. Anchorage actually at one point held the #3 overall selection in Konstantin's SMJHL Entry draft and wanted to use that selection to pick him but Quebec City traded up for the #1 overall pick and made it known that he was their target. Somehow Anchorage still managed to trade back again with Anaheim and got decent assets in return. As for where Konstantin would slot in? It would be in the slot of current Armada rookie Towelie. Selich might have been only marginally better but in the big picture it wouldn't have had helped the Armada that much in the quest for the Four Star cup. Konstantin prolly would have played a slightly more two-way focused playstyle compared to Towelie who excelled in the offensive side of the game while showing some flaws on the defensive side.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 08:34 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?
Requirements:  150+ words.
If I were on a different team in the playoffs I would be on Newfoundland. I'm assuming that I get to choose whatever team I want as if I were going through free agency to a new team. Newfoundland has a totally stacked team so that's why I would want to go there, but I think I can definitely see how they could use Zadina in the playoffs. All of their offensive talent is there but who's going to play on the PK? Zadina's game revolves on creating offense through good defensive play. It would give him a great opportunity to improve on his defensive game too so that's a win win situation. Even on a bad team like Kelowna this season he was almost +10 in giveaways/takeaways. It also gives the Berserkers some really good depth scoring and if anyone on the team gets injured he can slot in on any line on the offense. That would definitely improve Newfoundland's chances of winning the cup.

Code:
Task #3 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.
For fan appreciation day the Kelowna Knights are going to be handing out foam swords at the gate of the game! The swords are going to have different player's names printed along the blade with the jersey numbers printed on the hilt. Whenever the team scores a goal the screens will flash and tell the fans to swing their swords in the air together. It's going to look totally sick and we'll use the video that comes from it in the future as a promotional video for the team. A little more creative than a foam finger but it's sort of the same idea.

Code:
Task #4 - 2 TPE
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 100+ words.
- GRAPHIC: Team logos and player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.
We're going to be comparing the top 2 superstars on each team.

Newfoundland - Ric Charlesworth
Ric Charlesworth is the 1st line center for Newfoundland. Through the playoffs he scored a whopping 12 goals and 7 assists. Of those 19 points there were 17 scored at even strength. The offense that he generated was absolutely bonkers.

Anchorage - Cole Carter
Cole Carter is one of the top wingers for Anchorage. His game is really balanced, you can expect him to provide great defense while generating offense as both a goal scorer and as a playmaker.

Key Hidden Stat: Giveaways and Takeaways. Charlesworth had 11 giveaways and only 1 takeaway while Carter had 7 giveaways and 7 takeaways. While Charlesworth had 4 more points it looks like Carter might be the better line driver of the two.

Code:
Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
B. This is the third season in a row the Anchorage Armada make it to the playoffs. Will they finally be able to win the cup?
C. You're in another timeline where Quebec and Vancouver are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs compared to ours where they lost in the semi finals?
D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped get our finalists into the playoffs. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?
A.) The best player name in this series is by far Towelie. No first name or last name, just Towelie. I never thought I'd see the day where a literal towel was potting 20+ goals an killing it in the playoffs but here we are with him having an incredible rookie season in the smjhl.
B.) It's tough to say but honestly if I have to pick a team I'm not choosing Anchorage, I'm going with Newfoundland. That team is seriously just way too good for the SMJHL. Lots of players that are at the rookie cap and lots of players that are at the 3rd season cap. They're an unstoppable force.
C.) Well to start with for Vancouver to get past Newfoundland the wheels would have to absolutely fall off the bus, That team is an unstoppable force so I'd say that the players all must of gotten sick or been unable to play due to a non hockey related disaster. As for Quebec City getting past Anchorage, while the series was 4-0 I could see it happening if Nor Dekes stands on his head for the series and The top 6 pop off.
D.) When it comes to Newfoundland I don't think there was one key player. They had 6 skaters score more than 20 goals. It really was a team effort. For Anchorage it was Cole Carter. His CF% Rel was among the best on the team, and the same goes for FF% Rel. And he scored over 30 goals with a PDO below 100. Absolutely incredible.

Code:
Task #6 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the two teams in the four star cup finals (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include player renders and team logos
F: Ric Charlesworth - The top goal scorer of the playoffs. Definitely the kind of guy that you want as your top line center, especially if you can find some wingers to help drive the line.

F: Cole Carter - This guy is a great two way winger. He scores goals, he can thread the needle from anywhere in the offensive zone and he'll backcheck hard to break up a play and get an odd man rush the other way.

F: Maxwell King - King is the perfect playmaker to have on your top line. It's great to have goal scorers but you need someone to set up your goal scorers and he's exactly the player to do it.

D: Shion Okamoto - A pure offensive defenseman. He'll pot goals himself but he'll also create plays from the blue line. A perfect QB for the powerplay.

D: Jay Sink - While Sink is great in terms of offense, his real asset is his ability to create turnovers through the neutral zone. Pair him with an offensive defenseman and he'll do wonders for the transition game.

G: Evgeni Petrov - By far the best goalie in the league. Best SV% and win to loss ratio of any starter in the playoffs, 2nd best GAA of any starter in the playoffs.

Code:
Task #16 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE
Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.
+2 TPE - Milestones

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2021, 10:31 AM by Lazyeye.)

Task 1: Looking at both teams in the SMJHL Final, while I feel most people would play for the juggernaut that is Newfoundland, I'd prefer Anchorage. This is really only because I have lived there for four years and really enjoy their branding. The armada was a team I wanted to be drafted to going into this season prior to being drafted to the Battle born. As where I would fit into their role. Based on TPE and my build I think i would fit in to a second or third line center role coupled with a few of their lower TPE forwards that emphasis in scoring. This would create some addtional depth in the line up causing the team to to overall be a little less top heavy in the finals. As history has shown, teams that get some additional secondary or tertiary scoring tend to make deep runs or become champions. A depth center never hurt anyone.  -164 Words

Task 3: [Image: js5DYqK.png]

Task 5: Ahlo Kysoka deep down has a soft spot for animals. As he was growing up in Norway, he would volunteer during the off season at the local shelter; a tradition he has brought to America. In conjunction with the Nevada SPCA, Ahlo Kysoka hosts a monthly meet and greet at local shelters in the areas while he volunteers his assistance in taking care of the animals. Any adoption during the meet and greet includes a signed Kysoka Neveda Battleborn Game worn jersey. The event has grown in popularity and is extremely popular among younger fans who can coerce their parents into adopting an animal all while meeting their favorite hockey player. Ahlo still likes to volunteer during his downtime outside of the meet and greets to ensure the animals get proper care and love. He himself owns two cats, Kylo and Ahsoka, both of which he adopted from a shelter. It is his way of giving back to the program that brought him much joy. -165 Words

Task 8: This season, while disappointing for the team overall, was quite successful for Ahlo Kysoka. I originally made the player as a defensive centerman with a touch of playmaker but has slowly morphed into a playmaking center. By season's end, I was getting top line minutes and ended the season with 27 assist and a .5PPG average which is at least double what i expected to get. As prepping for next season, I will be focusing on emphasizing on the strengths, especially playmaking and defensive play. With two high octane scorers on each wing, I think our line and the NBB as whole will surprise a lot of people next season. I have consulted both NBB and my new SHL team to decide whats the best way to build  being that I'm closing in on the second year cap, I'll be focusing passing, faceoffs, and offensive/defensive reads. Looking at the 425 cap, I'll look to add some additional points to shooting, stamina, and accuracy -164 words

Task 13:
A. The best name by a long shot is Towelie. The guy is probably asking his teammates "Anyone wanna get High?" between periods while netting 20 ginos in his rookie season. It is not often you see an inanimate object have so much success in the SMJHL but he is defying expectations -51 words

B. I don't believe so. Newfoundland is a level above everyone being the only team to eclipse 100 points this year. While Anchorage would have what it takes any other year, I don't think they have the line up to beat Newfoundland. The Berserkers had single digit losses through the regular season with 10 more wins than the armada - 58 words

Task 16: Milestone +3

+16

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?
Requirements:  150+ words.

If I were not playing for the Vancouver Whalers of the Simulated Minor Junior Hockey League, I would most like to be playing for the Newfoundland Berserkers because they won the cup, the primary reason for selecting this team is because they won the cup during the current playoffs.

If I were to replace a player to be able to make myself fit onto the roster, I suppose I would have to take the position of Billy Brooks, as we are both young defensemen who threw a lot of hits and score a fair amount. I would place myself in to all of them important roles because I am the best defensemen in the league, without a shadow of a doubt.

I would likely take the spot on the first power play and penalty kill, alongside the first pairing, maybe even with a dear friend Pasta the Turtle.

Ultimately the goal is to win the cup, and they could have done so even quicker with my expertise on the ice.

Code:
Task #14 - Latecomer Special - 2-3 TPE
So I see you waited until the end of the finals to complete your tasks! Well congrats to [TEAM] on winning the Four-Star! Reflecting back on the series, what were the keys to [TEAM] taking the finals? Name 3 key points that resulted in the series playing out the way it did.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 100+ words for 2 TPE, 150+ for 3 TPE.

The three biggest reasons for the Newfoundland Berserkers winning the Four Star cup finals are as follows:

Pasta the Turtle: The 10th overall pick from the season 59 Simulated Hockey League draft, Pasta the Turtle has gone on to show the Blizzard were correct to select the reptile early in the draft despite concerns over speed and agility on the ice, I do not want to go and look at stats, but I can assure you he was a crucial part of them winning a cup.

Slavakov Vladmirashenko: The 16th overall pick from the season 59 Simulated Hockey League draft, Slavakov Vladmirashenk has gone on to prove any doubters wrong in his selection process. He was a crucial force but not because of on-ice contributions, but off ice.

Emeril Lagasse: I have never met Emeril, but I have been reassured that they and they alone are the spirit behind the Berserkers, and without them they would have gone nowhere.

Code:
Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3083449

Code:
Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
B. This is the third season in a row the Anchorage Armada make it to the playoffs. Will they finally be able to win the cup?
C. You're in another timeline where Quebec and Vancouver are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs compared to ours where they lost in the semi finals?
D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped get our finalists into the playoffs. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

The best name from either team in the Four Star Cup finals would be without a doubt in my mind Pasta the Turtle, the reason behind this selection is purely because he realizes who he is as a person and embraces it fully without any shame or concern over what people think about him. He is who he is.

No, and the main reason for this is because I have begun writing this piece of task after the conclusion of the playoffs, essentially I am a savant in regards to determining who will and will not win the playoffs, and because Anchorage has lost already I would be an absolute idiot to select them as having a chance.

If the matchup in an alternate timeline happened and the finals were Vancouver and Quebec City what would have had to have had happened is both Vancouver and Quebec City would have had to have outscored the opposing teams (Newfoundland and Anchorage) a total of four times over the course of 7 games.

The goal scoring prowess of Evil Allbran is what has allowed the Newfoundland Berserkers their continued success this season, and the entire idea of hockey is to put the puck into the net more times than the opposing team and Evil Allbran did this more times than any other players on the Berserkers roster.

Code:
Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S61 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

"Conner Tanner, the hulking 6 ft 6 inch giant out of Osaka, Japan has been making waves in this seasons draft class due to the fact that he was originally deemed ineligible for selection and would be automatically placed into the farm systems of his fathers team the Edmonton Blizzard, but rumours began to swirl and eventually became reality when Tanner's father sold the Blizzard to a Japanese accounting firm. This left Tanner as a relatively unscouted player heading into the draft due to scouts not wanting to waste time on an ineligible player."

"Many scouts upon learning that Tanner had become eligible still did not rush to scout him, as they felt his connections to the Blizzard organization were too strong and would ultimately pull him back there after his initial rookie contract. When prompted about this Tanner stated that all he has ever known has been the light blue of the Blizzard and he would have a lot to think about going forward."

16 TPE

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Task #1 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs? Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?
Requirements:  150+ words.

the first team to come to mind when i saw this prompt was the Newfoundland Berserkers… and not even because they won the cup. Newfoundland was one of the teams to hit me up before the s60 J draft. so, maybe theres another timeline out there where Eddie is on the Berserkers. of course, i wouldnt trade being drafted to Carolina for it but this is a hypothetical situation anyway. that being said, i do enjoy the Berserkers branding so its somewhere i wouldve been fine with going to. if i were drafted to Newfoundland it looks like i would have most likely been taken in place of RD Jannik Nordstern (drafted 8th OA by DET and traded to NL), who looks to be on par with Eddie statistically. Jannik has a leg up in tpe and its near impossible to guess how Eddie would have done in his place so i cant say that i would have made much more of an impact. NL obviously won with the roster they have so who cares if i had?

178 words

Task #5 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

actually there was a charity event that i recently attended with my father, David Kastrba. Manhattan had announced that they would be donating to charity after the end of this past season and my dad was one of the players who would be donating. you see, the Rage knew they were in a position where they would have to rebuild so they figured “why have some fun with it?”. they decided they would unleash a beast of a rising star in the league, Juni Panda. Panda was known for being a tough guy so management had the brilliant idea to tell him “listen, dont hold back, hit every MF’er you see out there.” then announced to the team that theyd be donating to charity for every hit the team racked up over the course of the season. so where do i come in? well, if you know anything about my dad you know that he liked to play physically as well and he decided that he wanted to give everything he could in the last season of his career. he wanted to donate along side the organization so we spent a lot of time training together, making sure he could continue to play his way until the very end. it was a very fitting conclusion to his time with the team id say. and i mustve made some sort of impression along the way cause i get the honor of following in his footsteps, being drafted by the very same team myself.

252 words

Task #6 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the two teams in the four star cup finals (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Include player renders and team logos

LW - Cole Carter Armada
its no secret that when forming a dream team you will want to select an elite sniper. you dont have to look very far down the league’s top goal scorers list to find a player who is competing in the finals. the Armada’s Cole Carter had 32 goals this season, good for the second most goals in the SMJHL in s60.
C - Mikhail Novikov Armada
this one was a little bit of a toss up for me. Newfoundland’s Robert Black was very close in comparison to Novikov, scoring just 4 more points (all assists) but averaging almost 2 more minutes a game. its tough to think that Mikhail couldnt have done much better with that sort of ice time.
RW - Leon Athanasios Berserkers
why not throw a player who can do it all on the other wing? Athanasios was an even 30 and 30 in goals and assists, and put up a respectable 79 hits in s60.
LD - Aleksandrs Balcers Berserkers
you need a defenseman who can move the puck? look no further than Newfoundland’s Aleksandrs Balcers. Balcers earned 46 helpers this season and was a key piece in the Berserker’s success.
RD - Billy Brooks Berserkers
no combination of hockey players is complete without some grit. Brooks knows how to lay the body and do whatever else it takes to keep the opposition at bay. while his 134 hits are impressive enough his greatest contribution is his league leading +/- with a staggering +56.
G - Evgeni Petrov Berserkers
i know this team is chock full of Zerks but how can you blame me? Petrov had the second best GAA in s60, first place belonging to a goalie that only played 2 games. couple that with the 4th best save % and i think its clear that choosing Evgeni Petrov is a no brainer.

313 words

Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

i believe the Carolina Kraken have a whole lot to look forward to in the coming season. they have already shown that they can hold their own against the league's top teams over the course of this past season, where they fought hard enough to earn a first round bye in the s60 playoffs. they would fall to Quebec City 4 games to 2 in their series but getting there is no easy feat for a team as young as Carolina is. while watching players move up to the big leagues is always tough its worth noting that the Kraken have a slew of young talent ready to fill those shoes in the coming season. 3 of their 7 most recent draftees all fall within the top 15 players of their class in terms of earning tpe and with that many younglings eager to make their mark on the league Carolina should be as excited as ever for the future of their team.

163 words

Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

i decided to take it easy in the time leading up to the draft. i was pretty comfortable with what i was able to achieve in my first season in juniors and i always find that its important to take it easy so that you dont burn yourself out. just a bit of time to yourself in order to clear your head can do wonders and let me tell you, that is exactly what i needed. once i was drafted to Manhattan it was time to put my head down and go back to work. there was training camp to attend on top of getting back to my daily practice and conditioning routine. i was also able to afford a league renowned personal coach and we will be doing a lot of work this offseason. just trying to tighten up my game in a few areas. so far we have focused on my passing, getting into better position to block shots, and my balance on the ice so i can play more of a physical game.

176 words

Milestones +2