Create Account

S60 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2021, 12:46 PM by Lowlycrib.)

ISFL Affiliate (3)

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid505171

Task 16: Milestones  (3)

+3 for achieving 3+ milestones

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3085672

Task #13 - (3)

A. The player that has the best name in this finals series is easily Slavakov Vladimirashenko, just the sheer amount of letters and syllables that this name requires to say would make any announcer have cold sweats and could be one of the most Eastern Russian names in the league off the top of my head with limited knowledge and makes it the best name in this series hands down
(69)

C. In the timeline where both Quebec and Vancouver make it to the finals would certainly be an interesting one, for Vancouver to make it to the finals they would need far better play from their goaltending and they have done that with an outstanding 1.5 goals against in this timeline rather than their bloated one in the real one. While Quebec also needs more goaltending they need their star players to come through with clutch goals and that's what happens as Mew Two turns their game around and pots an extra 10 goals in this series to propel them.
(99)

D. The key player for Newfoundland in their regular season run is their goaltender Evgeni Petrov who posted an insane 38 wins, 1.95 goals against, 0.914 save percentage and was the exact stud needed for their run. Anchorage's key player on the other hand was their star defenseman Gregory Goode who posted 62 points, +37 and 21 minutes on the ice per game as their bonafide leader.
(66)

Task 11 (3)

Well the season didn't go exactly as planned for Meeka Keprosoft although he got more playing time then he anticipated. Regardless, it's the offseason and that means a few things for Meeka, the first of which is taking a few weeks off to just relax and let his body recover after the rigors of his first full season in North America after making the trip over from Finland. Speaking of Finland, Meeka looks to make a trip back over the pond to see some of his family and old teammates after being away from an extended period of time for the first time ever. While relaxing and practicing are both fun, he is equally excited for the draft and hopes to land in a good situation for both the future and current part of his contract which we most likely see him enter back into the SMJHL to avenge his poor performances in the playoffs for the Kraken.
(158)

Task 8 (3)

Well, Meeka's first full year of organized hockey in North America has finally been completed. While he didn't exactly have the most outstanding stats in his rookie year, they were still pretty good enough to be happy with how the regular unfolded for the young netminder. This first season honestly did exceed my expectations as I didn't expect to receive as much playing time as I did but that's all thanks to the great coaching staff in Carolina that let Meeka figure out some of his issues during games rather than just practicing. Meeka for this next season in the SMJHL needs to become far more consistent in the results that he provided because far too often he can go from having a great 1 goal game to then collapsing for the next two and providing little support to the team. This was sort of evidenced in the playoffs where he had a good low goal game and the rest were all 5+ and ultimately led to the Kraken being knocked out round 1.
(174)

[Image: hbQ14G7.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 04:27 PM by Sebster.)

Task #16 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE
Milestones Claim

Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).

I think my favorite name of either team definitely belongs to Alimony Tony of the Anchorage Armada. The alliteration is beautiful and I get a real mafia vibe from it for some reason. Like this is a guy you do not mess with if you enjoy your kneecaps. Alimony Tony sounds like someone you want on your team, not on the other side of the ice.
(66 words)

B. This is the third season in a row the Anchorage Armada make it to the playoffs. Will they finally be able to win the cup?

I highly doubt that Anchorage will win the cup this year. This is not a slight to the Armada in any way, it’s just that Newfoundland is disgustingly good this year. If you don’t believe me, please reference my second Deep Dive where I take a look at the TPE distribution among teams in the SMJHL.
(56 words)

C. You're in another timeline where Quebec and Vancouver are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs compared to ours where they lost in the semi finals?

In this alternate timeline, Vancouver would beat Newfoundland 4-3. Vancouver already put up a hard fought battle the first time, so I think it would be just as difficult for them to pull off the win here. Alternatively, Quebec got throttled by Anchorage, falling in a sweep. If Quebec were to win, I think they would return the favor and sweep Anchorage right back for a 4-0 victory.
(68 words)

D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped get our finalists into the playoffs. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

For Newfoundland, they found their success with their goalie - Evgeni Petrov. Evgeni posted the 2nd most wins in the league and the 3rd highest save percentage as well. Anchorage’s star player was a skater - Mikhail Novikov. Mikhail led the team in points with a whopping 67, coming in just outside of the top 3 at fourth best in the league.
(60 words)

Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S61 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?
Requirements: 150+ words.
Willie is as surefire a prospect as they come. Eating, sleeping, and breathing goalie for the last 18 years of his life, Willie is ready to take the league by storm. After leading Sweden out of the Round Robin with a first place spot in their group, Willie is excited to get back to America and meet up with Wing Wang and Melvin on the strip. Once Willie takes the ice, you’re in for an entertaining night from puck drop to last horn. Willie can make the toughest saves look like absolute butter to the layman, and has a knack for finding the open outlet when clearing. If you’re a franchise looking for your cornerstone goalie, look no further than Willie Miller. Teams should be clamoring to trade Manhattan for the #1 overall pick, and Manhattan needs to disconnect all phone lines until after they submit the pick. It’s almost Willie time in the SHL.
(155 words)

Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.
All gas, no brakes. Since you need 150 words, I’ll go ahead and expand on that a bit. Every day is a rigorous training schedule with a combination of yoga, gymnastics, swimming, running, lifting, and ice time. When I am on the ice it could be 1 on 1s, 3 on 3s, 5 on 5s, shooting drills, vision drills, tracking drills, or passing drills. I personally prefer the 3 on 3s and the tracking drills. The 3 on 3s, really open up the ice and allow my communications skills to develop, while the tracking skills help me track the puck in real game situations. This leads to a more natural and effortless tracking of the puck in games, leading to saves, leading to wins. And we all know why we’re here. Wins, and that’s all that matters. Willie is out for a vengeance this season, and all of Nevada is on a revenge tour.
(154 words)

Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?
I think our team has the most to be excited about in the SMJHL. It’s no secret that Nevada was young this year, therefore bad. I know that I am already capped, and so is Melvin. Wing Wang should hopefully be capped midseason, and Sam/Aleris have been keeping up well too. Everyone in Nevada has been looking forward to the future, especially after last season, but we begin to see the fruits of our labor next season. What we’re really looking forward to is season 63. In season 63 (assuming I counted correctly), the season 61 class (season 60 smjhl) will be able to allocate 425 TPE! Given that almost everyone on our roster is season 61, we should absolutely ball out that season. That being said, don’t count us out next season. If we can get some more good talent from this draft, and get our shot counts into the double digits every game then you’ll start seeing something special here.
(163 words)

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

Task 1 +3 TPE

If I were not playing for Maine, I would want to be playing for Anchorage, I think I could impact om the defensive side as my players defensive abilities went way up towards the end of the season and I believe in the first round series win vs Anaheim I had an average DGR of 78 so even as a sub 300 TPE Player at the time of the playoffs I feel as that's solid enough contribution to the bottom pairing to give them a boost on defense and then the some skill and speed I have developed would be able to help their Powerplay some. I think if I could join the team they could play me in a couple of different roles at this point in my development and I would help give them an extra push to beat Newfoundland and win them a title for adding my work to all their hard work this season

Task 3 +2 TPE

I think we would have a groot jersey or even groot bobble head night with some of our players faces on them, the same with the jerseys, groots face in the middle instead of the logo with stormbreakers as the axes as we could try to jump on the comic book theme alot of teams do and try to continue to build with the younger fan base, we could also hold a skills competition and even a couples skills contest where winners get autographed and game worn apparel, let the fans get pictures and meet and greets with the players, coaches, front office members, along with a steak dinner at the end of it.

Task 4 +2 TPE

In this issue of Timber hockey magazine, we talk about how Luka Kovacsova the rookie and alternate team captain for this year's Timber impacted the team during the season and how his development lead to some standout play during his first ever playoff series and playoff series win vs Anaheim. 

Luka in his first playoff series didn't contribute too much on offense, however he was a lights out defender posting a 78 DGR average for the series and played some really quality bottom pairing minutes, I think it was similar to watching Alex Pietrangelo play when his offense isn't going that he can still shut down an opposing line. 

Task 5 +3 TPE

In Lukas downtime between after they were swept out of the playoffs by rival Newfoundland, Luka spent time between that and the draft going to do charity work back in his homeland of Slovakia by helping them building homes for those who don't have the necessary tools or the access to money for equipment and other necessary items.

When he wasn't managing those projects he was often working with the local summer kids programs at daycare and churches teaching them street hockey and buying them hockey equipment to continue to building towards the next great generation of Slovak prospects that will enter the SMHJL, hopefully they will have enough for a country to play for some day in world championships.

Lastly Luka spent his remaining time in Maine doing alot of the same work but he had more opportunities to bring in kids from day camps down to the rink and get real hockey practice in and teach them how to keep getting better.

Task 8 +3 TPE

I think I expected it to be alot easier to have a successful season than I actually turned out having, the start of my career was rough, the first 30 games or so. I started with a -30 and we were at the bottom of the standings playing for the race for the #1 pick. We had a locker room with some good guys who wanted to keep developing to push and build and get better and at about the 40 game mark we started to make games really hard on teams and even stole some wins to the point we were looking at some possible playoff matches and some series we could steal if we kept working and developing.

Overall we kept grinding and trying to get better and stole alot of our first playoff series and clutched up for a game 7 series win vs a team slightly more experienced and developed and we are going to build on that to get better going forward.

Task 12 +3 TPE 

My player will be a two way superstar Dman that plays on someone's top pairing. High end skating level in juniors that has pretty solid defensive awareness and has gotten alot better and more improved.  I think he's somewhere between a Makar and Pietrangelo type of player because of his size and skating, not a huge goal scoring type but more of a steal a pass or get a rebound off the goalie and skate it out to make the play on the fastbreak or even a slick move to best the goalie.

I will keep trying to get better and better and develop my player to the point it will be hard to keep getting passed over on and teams will be hoping I fall to them in the draft, I think I will be a good LR presence and will do what I can to help my teammates out on their tasks and money articles as well

Total +16 TPE
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 09:30 PM by artermis.)

Task #1 - 3 TPE
As an SMJHL free agent, I had the luxury of picking and choosing the team I joined at the beginning of the season. I prioritized teams that had the least depth at the wings, and had the most promise for me with regards to playtime in the near future. Kelowna obviously won that bid, with a potential second line rookie season, of which only a few teams could offer to begin with, and promises at a 1st line sophomore season. Not too far behind them, and only out of contention once they began signing other free agents, was the Nevada Battleborn. Similarly, they weren’t deep at their wings and it looked like a great spot to commit too, but other rookies made their free agent decisions faster than I did, and thus my decision was made, and off to Kelowna I went.

Looking at Nevada’s current roster, it looks like I’d be in a competitive fight for the 2nd line winger slots, which makes me happy in my original team choice, but seeing as Nevada has a large amount of depth scoring outside Jimmy Larkin-Conway, it’s potentially likely that a depth position may be one of more importance, but I doubt I’d be as impactful on the Battleborn, as I will be on the Knights and I doubt I’d improve their successes anymore, especially with Nevada also being at the bottom of the standings. Sorry Jeez Undecided

Task #3 - 2 TPE
Whatever fool gave Petr responsibility for a pride-related event is about to get fired. The event in question is supposed to be a Kelowna Knights-Vancouver Whalers old-school rivalry night, otherwise known as the Battle of British Columbia. However, Petr happens to be an angy boy, one fuelled by Czech rage and an intense nationalistic fervor. The event is supposed to honor Kelowna alumni over the years in order to hype the age of the rivalry, but Petr has a better idea: why stop there? Why not big out merchandise of Czech Knights alumni. Specifically busts, cuz everything looks more regal in bust-form. Czech hall of famer Mike Verminski (who isn’t even a true Kelowna alumni, considering he was traded to the team), Slappy McDoodle, Christoffer Bjornsson, Samee Iqbal, Johnny Yuma, and Kornel Kasparek busts will be handed out tonight in a glorious victory for the Czech nation. All who take part will never forget this night.

Task #5 - 3 TPE
Every summer Petr flies back to Czechia and stays in the great city of Prague in order to participate and help run the esteemed Vyskoc Hockey School. The Vyskocs are a father-son duo who after their long SHL careers have set up shop in the home country in order to help to train and build talent. The school takes players from all over the European continent, but with Marek being the Czechoslovakian Federation Head for over a decade, the focus at the camps definitely appears to have national sway with special attention to local talent. This is fine by Petr, who made a short appearance at the school prior to crossing the pond for his first junior season. Petr has dedicated his life to achieve the ultimate goal of Team Czechia winning gold for the first time in its history, and Petr will do whatever it takes to achieve this goal, including helping teach and building talent back in the home country. While Petr may be government property and may be a perfect specimen, the big picture is what matters. From appearances in small rinks in the countryside for Team Czechia, player advancement, and the Vyskoc school, to private 1-on-1 lessons in Prague. Whatever it takes.

Task #8 - 3 TPE
In my seven years on the site, I’ve only ever had one other player who max-earned so to speak (even though we’re only one season in, so I realize the concept doesn’t entirely apply) and that was Dionyz Vyskoc. Now, Dionyz had a purposefully weird build, and Petr’s is weird at this early stage as well, but I find it interesting that Petr has had a much better rookie season than Dionyz. Petr scored 24 points in 66 games, while Dionyz accomplished only 12 points in 50 games. Granted these were different sim engines, so build oddities aside they could affect the game differently, but with Dionyz having had a very successful juniors career, and a decently successful SHL career, I am quite excited for what Petr has to offer. I didn’t really set expectations early on, having recreated only after Japan won gold, thus missing out on some TPE and hurriedly rushing to find a team, but when early on I caught a whiff of success taking the form of two, two-goal games, I must admit I got extremely excited for the rest of the season. Things obviously slowed down, but it was a solid rookie season overall. With my build already accomplishing some SHL goals of mine with regards to attributes, and with my next goal currently being Getting Open (however I am at the 350 cap, so that’ll have to wait), I’m very excited to see how well I perform.

Task #10 - 3 TPE
Kelowna had a poor S60, but everything is looking up for S61. A strong rookie class of Leons Briedis, Sebastian Weiss, Sean Stevenson III, Duncan Mackenzie, Scott Thorn, and Petr Svoboda are all capped or soon will be. Yes the Knights may be losing some key players (now alumni), and especially in losing goalie Benjamin Blue II, but things can certainly be worse. Afterall, an 18-43-5 season leaves much to improve on and plenty of room for excitement. While Kelowna’s defensive core is only getting better without many changes for next season, expect large shake ups in the Knights Forwards depth chart as last season's rookies take to the first line. Goaltending will be a challenge, for Kelowna’s prospect and presumed successor to the aging Blue II, Jason Playstation, has plateaued. Luckily, this next draft looks to be chock full of goalie prospects, so while the idea of a rookie tender backstopping the team may be intimidating, the Knights are a team who spent plenty of time in their own end in S60 are well versed in defensive play. Nevertheless, change is in the air and a new era of youth is upon us. Look to Nevada for the only other dramatic shakeup next season, and let’s stay tuned to see who’s S60 class triumphs.

Task #16 - Milestones
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3088349

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup? 
Requirements:  150+ words. 

I think if there were one other team I would have liked to play for it would have been Colorado. The Raptors logo is sick and the team vibe seemed to be a good one when I talked to the GM's before the draft. Unfortunately things weren't meant to be and we never got to see what it would have been like. I feel like I could have fit in nicely amongst the roster as a bottom 6 center, fully updated possibly even cracking the top 6 Wink but in all honesty I think in the bottom 6 role I definitely improve their odds at a title although probably not enough to beat the juggernaut that was the berserkers. In order for that to have happened it likely would have taken all of the Knights draftees in the bottom slots to grease that wheel enough to take down the top dogs. In the end, just getting to wear that sweet sweet jersey would make it worth it to have played for the Raptors during the playoffs.

Code:
Task #3 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

[memo, not for public view] So we need to get rid of these #Killowna rally towels. They were really great when we were winning but now they are just sitting in the back, not selling and it's just taking up space. So the first home game of the season we are going to do a surprise fan appreciation night and give everyone in attendance two of these things. Then when the team does better and people start seeing the rally towels out and about again, the rest of our stock can sell through and we can start working on a new catch phrase that fits for that team.

Code:
Task #5 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

We are here at Kelowna General Hospital where the Kelowna Knights Center Sean Stevenson III is hanging out with patients, signing autographs, giving out tickets, and just being generally uplifting to all sorts of patients here. One hospital staffer stopped us to share what is so special about Sean's visit. "Normally when someone comes in, they come in and visit the kids and then leave. When the Knights put the request in they had us poll all of the patients we knew would be here so they could hit all of the rooms where there were Knights fans, they wanted to make sure they could bring as much joy as possible no matter the age. We had them visit kids as young as 3 and adults in their 90's who are just hoping to see at least one more title come to Kelowna. Sean had this to add "It is an honor to be able to come here and see the excitement in these guy's eyes even for a 4th line plug like me". That is the glory of juniors, they know yeah this guy may be the 4th line plug today but tomorrow he could be the pivotal piece in a championship run and he wears the Knights logo with pride.

Code:
Task #7 - 3 TPE
How would round 1 have gone down if the team matchups had been different? Which teams would be advancing to round 2? Would it have been more evenly matched? Less? (If you're on a team that had a round 1 bye, you can talk about round 2 instead)

If only we could have played Nevada :( If we had been able to play Nevada there is no way we go out in the first round in 4 games. Put the better teams against each other and let the bottom 2 teams slug each other around a little bit. Winner of the better series gets better seeding as the other team moves on as well. Then you have 11 vs 12 for what you may ask? For the 1st overall pick. Too long has the pick been decided by a robot fondling some balls. It is time to take it back to a better place and let the 11 and 12 teams fight for it in a best of 7 series. You are going to give yourself one hell of a series too. A bunch of young guns looking to help their odds of getting even better the next season and for just a little bit they can forget how awful they were lol.

Code:
Task #9 - 2 TPE
Which series of these playoffs up until the finals has been the best / most thrilling and why? Write a short recap of which series you personally enjoyed the best and talk about the key points of the series, along with what ultimately led to the final result of it.
Requirements: 100+ words.

For me it was undoubtedly the Kelowna Knights versus Quebec City. No one believed we could do anything in the series so there was no pressure. We all just went out and had as much fun as we possibly could. We knew what the other teams thought, we knew what the fans thought, we knew what the league officials thought. QCC moving through in 4. Well we went out and had to make sure that we made them sweat as much as possible. We were able to draw blood but unfortunately being a young team we just couldn't finish the job in any of the games and ended up losing in 4. But we have laid out our plan of league domination and with all of our draft capital this season and all of our top earners from this last season we are going to blow some people up over the next few seasons and I look forward to QCC being one of them to wash the taste of this sweep out of my mouth. Congrats to them on the win but I don't ever want to see it happen again.

Code:
Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.

Milestones

Quote:Task #3 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
The final game of the season, the big clash: boats versus octopus. Anchorage versus Carolina. An entire season's worth of preparation, dedication, and desperation all had led up to this no-going-to-decide-anything moment. What was awaiting the anxious fans at the doors to the rink? None other than a figurine of a kraken taking down a boat. Simple, but to the point: we own the high seas. Anchorage, however, was up in the season series, so if anything this game was going to tie things up for the Kraken. But it was not meant to be. Kraken fans went home that night with their figurines extremely disappointed in their team after a 7-2 loss.

Quote:Task #6 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the two teams in the four star cup finals (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
Every winning team starts with two things: an elite goalie, and an elite center. My first two picks for this fantasy lineup are none other than Newfoundland's own Robert Black at center and stalwart netminder Evgeni Petrov. Black led Newfoundland with 71 points while Petrov locked things down with a .914 save percentage and GAA of 1.95. To lock up the blue line, I would pick Anchorage's Jean-Locke Zidane and Newfoundland's Aleksandrs Balcers. Both defensemen were in the top 4 of their respective teams in terms of takeaways while Zidane led Anchorage in both shot blocks and hits and Balcers led Newfoundland in points by a defenseman. My choices for wingers would actually both come from Newfoundland as well: Jesse Trudeau and Leon Athanasios. Trudeau, much like Black, was a top playmaker with 41 assists while Athanasios led the way for Newfoundland with 30 goals. Both players were sound defensively as well, which makes me believe that this fantasy roster would be extremely formidable in both ends.

Quote:Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?
Tanner Fox came into the league hoping to, at the very least, be what his older brother Michael was: a strong and dependable player in the SHL. To get there though, he would have to first get through the SMJHL. While he did not end up in the junior's home of his older brother, he ended up in a place that Michael did end up knowing very well: Carolina. Their home. There wasn't a juniors team in Carolina when Michael was drafted to St Louis, but it was fitting for Tanner to end up starting his career in a different place. Tanner also had a much better start to his career than Michael did, and Tanner is a defenseman! Tanner put up a stellar 11 goals, 25 assists, and 53 shot blocks in his rookie campaign. To top it off, Tanner was nominated for the league's Top Rookie, an honor Michael never got. As a matter of fact, Michael never got a player nomination in either league, so Tanner is feeling pretty good about the start to his campaign.

Quote:Task #9 - 2 TPE
Which series of these playoffs up until the finals has been the best / most thrilling and why? Write a short recap of which series you personally enjoyed the best and talk about the key points of the series, along with what ultimately led to the final result of it.
Requirements: 100+ words.
Anchorage and Colorado. SMJHL playoffs, Round Two. Colorado takes three of the first four games in close fashion as each of the first four games were decided by one goal. In fact, there was only one game in this series that was not decided by one goal: Game 7. After going up three games to one over Anchorage, Colorado proceeded to lose the next two games in overtime to the Armada, both by a score of 3-2. Heading into Game 7, in such a back and forth series, Colorado was hoping to squeeze one more win out to advance. Anchorage had other plans as they were relentless in their efforts to advance, taking the deciding game by a score of 5-2.

Quote:Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.
Tanner Fox found himself in a very rare happenstance as a player heading into the SHL Draft: he knew where he was going to end up. It did not matter how anything went that day, Tanner Fox knew he would eventually don the teal and orange for the Los Angeles Panthers. Tanner started his summer with a little break to have some time to himself. A little meditation, self reflection, relaxation. As the summer progressed, Tanner found himself in Los Angeles working out with the defensive mastermind known as Keith Lee. Most of those workouts were focused on his core strength and stamina, with a little bit of time spent on how to read plays and how to properly forecheck and backcheck. Heck, Lee even practiced his knife throwing to help Tanner get a little more brave. To end the summer though, Tanner and his wife took a trip down to the Caribbean to relax and mentally reset before a new season began once more.

Quote:Task #16 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE
Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.
+3

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Task #13 - 1 TPE
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
Bean Beanman. Putting aside the elegance of the consonance and alliteration, the simple beauty, nay, joy in repetition is wonderful (why, yes... that was a Prince reference). But even then, ask yourself, why "Bean"? What could this mean? Well, in the Orson Scott Card classic "Ender's Game", Bean was the nickname of Julian Delphiki III. A self-deprecating nickname, in fact, which belied his immense value (due to his staggering intellect), but also somewhat ironic, given that beans are a staple food in many diets. So, I contend that this name is not only linguistically beautiful, but it also conveys the player's great value through a reference to the humble haricot, and one of the most intelligent characters in literary fiction. Fight me.

Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

A rookie season is always tough, but if you have the resilience and determination to ride the initial waves, you start to adjust. By the end of the season, if you've put in the work, you can feel really proud of your development and contributions. Of course, there are some disclaimers here, mostly relating to the team environment you're in, and your role within the team... but in general, by the end of your rookie season, you should feel relatively comfortable with your game.

This is exactly how it went for Jamal Nightingale. In the regular season, Jamal performed well enough, finishing as one of the Raptors' top four defensemen by most relevant metrics. He averaged a defensive game rating of 69, which is nothing to sniff at. In the playoffs though, we got to see just how far he had progressed, with multiple excellent defensive performances as the Raptors fell short.

Nightingale himself would admit that while he met his own personal aims -- establishing himself as a top four defenseman on his team, breaking 100 hits and blocks -- overall the season could have been better. Some coaches have suggested he round out his game by developing his offensive contribution a little, and this appears to be the goal for the coming year.

Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

It's difficult to really appraise what exactly went wrong for Colorado last season in the playoffs. The team played well, everyone was prepared, it just wasn't to be. There is perhaps a sense of inexperience playing a part, though, and that absolutely won't be as much of a factor next time around. The rookie group from last season have all matured fantastically, and within a year have reached a point where it's not a stretch to say they can go toe-to-toe with some of the more experienced names in the J.

A crucial point for the Raptors if they are to improve on last season, will be another successful draft and integration of those new rookies. This will require some names to "step up" and take on roles of leadership within the locker room, helping the newcomers to identify and then either mitigate, or eliminate, their weak points. For last season's rookies, they'll be looking to round out their game a little better, too.

Task #11 - 3 TPE

After spending a lot of time in the not-quite-tropical climate of Colorado this season, Jamal Nightingale is most looking forward to a return to Jamaica to catch up with family. He has skipped the family reunion the past few years, instead focusing heavily on developing his ability, and now that he has completed a first season of professional hockey and been drafted to the Seattle Argonauts, it's time for a break. "Uncle Mo said I really should take a break this time," Jamal explains. "It's good to grind but you have to have balance, otherwise you flame out. So I'm going back home for the first time in about five years."

Jamal is quick to note that this doesn't mean he will be taking it easy though, stressing that he'd be working on several aspects of his game in preparation for next season. "I've never liked losing," he laughs. "So if I don't want that to happen again in the playoffs next season, I need to do everything I can to be the best player I can be. Taking a break first just lets me recharge and be at full capacity for when I get back into things."

Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S61 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Jamal Nightingale brings size, strength, decent speed, and perhaps most importantly an apparent desire to get physical. His ability to read the play is very strong, and his skating ability is good enough that he doesn't look out of place at this level. Coaches will be pleased with his quiet, yet consistent work ethic, and willingness to put his body on the line. Already emerging as a strong option on penalty kill units, due to his highly physical playing style and laser-focus on shutting down forwards, there is little doubt he can develop into a solid SHL defenseman at the very least.

There are caveats, however. The most significant among them concerning his almost complete reluctance to develop his ability with the puck thus far. As things stand, Nightingale will need some serious development of his game if he is to contribute to the offensive phase without risking turnovers when he's in possession. His puckhandling is not terrible, and he has at least some talent in picking out a pass, but on offense, he appears to be almost an entirely different player when compared to the assured shutdown defenseman we have seen.

Task #16 - Milestones - 3 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3083946

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2021, 01:10 PM by KlusteR.)

Code:
Task #3 - 2 TPE
Requirements:
The idea is pretty straightforward - one of our rookies, esteemed Chef Emeril Lagasse, was tasked by the marketing department in Newfoundland to come up with 20 game time snack ideas to share to our fans in attendance during one of our games.

Well, it has now completely devolved into chaos. General Manager Nhamlet then started providing some recipes of his own, and in the blink of an eye - half of the team's roster was already writing down their own recipe from their little corner of the world! With such diversity in background in the Berserkers' locker room, the ideas were wide-ranging - perfect for an entire cookbook!

So while the pamphlet with the original 20 recipes will be handed to the entire attendance for one of our home games against the Carolina Kraken, a Berserkers Cookbook is well under way, and should see the stores around the time of the pre-season camp.

(151 words)

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
For Jannik, this season was one of learning experiences. He knew the team that acquired him via draft day trade had confidence in him to grow into a more prominent role as seasons will go by, but spending an entire season and barely playing on the penalty kill? Jannik had never known that, as he was the premier shutdown D of his U18 team in Bern.

As he was paired with Sabarro Torreta, another Swiss defenseman that is more on the offensive side than Nordstern is, he was tasked with taking long-ranged shots to help out in the offensive zone. He shot an impressive amount of times to the net, and an even more impressive amount of those were on-target. But even with 171 shots on the season, Jannik could only muster a lowly four goals in 66 games. He also added 13 assists to his scoring tally, and finished dead last for points in his team with 17 - a team, which I may remind you, was super stacked, and broke all sorts of records for the regular season.

However, Jannik is still very satisfied with his season. Not only did he eventually win a Four-Star Cup in his rookie season, he also felt like he had a positive contribution on the line-up, finishing first in the league in Corsi For % and Shots Against per 60 minutes, which shows that his defensive play translated perfectly to the SMJHL. It won't be enough for a Rookie of the Year nomination, but that doesn't bother him. He knows his role shines less than others, and it's cozier in the shadow of the big scorers.

(272 words)

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
When you just won a Cup, you tend to go a bit crazy! The celebrations after the Four-Star win were intense in the Newfoundland Berserkers' locker room, and throughout downtown St. John's. Jannik stayed in town for another 3 weeks, celebrating with his teammates, and his family (thanks to the Tegernako family for paying for their plane tickets!) once the partying was done.

After the draft was concluded, and his media tour as a fresh new face in the Monarchs' franchise in Minneapolis/St. Paul completed, Jannik returned home in Bern to spend most of his summer there visiting high school friends, playing tennis, going hiking, and simply enjoying himself before his training regimen would kick in once more for the opening of the training camp. The fresh air of the mountains smelled different, after all these months breathing in the saltiness of the ocean side. Jannik breathed deep, and exhaled with a grin. Even if the salary is better in North America... Europe is where it feels at home.

But the month off was over in a flash, and the Nordstern family gathered at the airport once more to say their heartfelt goodbyes and best of lucks to Jannik, now a sophomore for the Newfoundland Berserkers, and a newly-crowned Minnesota Monarch.

(212 words)

Code:
Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
B. This is the third season in a row the Anchorage Armada make it to the playoffs. Will they finally be able to win the cup?
C. You're in another timeline where Quebec and Vancouver are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs compared to ours where they lost in the semi finals?
D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped get our finalists into the playoffs. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?
B. It seems the tag of "good, but not good enough" is starting to stick with the Anchorage franchise, does it not? Four straight Four Star Cup appearances - but since their win in season 57, it's been failure after failure, falling to Québec City, Kelowna, and now Newfoundland. However, the fact that they achieved this feat is nothing short of monumental, and they must be commended for it. But I'm certain it still has a bitter taste in their mouth, despite the accolades... (83 words)

D. It is no wonder that two out of the three MVP nominees (as voted by the committee) were present in this series. Robert Black has been an outstanding pivot for the Berserkers' top unit throughout the season, finishing with 71 points (23 G / 48 A) in 66 games in the regular season, and Gregory Goode, an fiery offensive defenseman that the Armada will be sad to see graduate, led all defensemen with 62 points (15 G / 47 A), as well as Powerplay Points (21). However, it's a good thing we're not talking about either player's playoff performances... (97 words)

Code:
Task #14 - Latecomer Special - 2-3 TPE
So I see you waited until the end of the finals to complete your tasks! Well congrats to [TEAM] on winning the Four-Star! Reflecting back on the series, what were the keys to [TEAM] taking the finals? Name 3 key points that resulted in the series playing out the way it did.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 100+ words for 2 TPE, 150+ for 3 TPE.
As an insider of the Newfoundland Berserkers' locker room throughout the playoffs, I can tell you there were three key factors in our win over the Anchorage Armada.

1. The god-like performances of Evgeni Petrov, a.k.a. Reno. However, most people don't know what lit a metaphorical fire under his ass, but those privy to training sessions know that Jonas Johansson, another keen signing by General Manager Nhamlet, has been an incredible get for the team, and Petrov in particular. Knowing that you have competition from within, that your position is never 100% secure - we saw it in the coaching staff giving Johansson a reward for the two home games of the sweep of the Maine Timbers - tends to either bring the best or the worst out of a player, but Petrov took it in stride, and improved as the match-ups became harder, even posting an impressive shutout in the Cup-clinching game.

2. The leadership core taking the control of a game, one at a time. The depth within the line-up was impressive to watch go to work, and every piece of the engine contributed in their own way, on or off the score sheet.

3. Munk, our locker room mascot making visits during our games. Munk luck is seriously OP. It gave Buffalo AND Newfoundland a cup? rito plz nerf

(220 words)

Code:
Claiming 3 TPE

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Task #15 - Podcast, 3-4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S60 season (on or off the ice)
- S60 playoff round-up
- S61 predictions

Can be done solo or with a partner!
Requirements:
1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

[/url][url=https://soundcloud.com/jeff-hopkins-259874348/s60-championship-week]Podcast with H0PPY75 for 4 TPE

PBE PT 3 TPE

Task #12 - 3 TPE

Joe Burrow is a very interesting draft prospect and one I definitely think is flying under the radar. Burrow had a solid rookie season with the Quebec City Citadelles in the Simulation Hockey Major Junior League. He recorded a total of 24 assist and 8 goals in his first season. Burrow does have a few concerns on the defensive side of things. Burrow just lacked the physical aggression the Citadelles hoped to see. Burrow’s line had a -6 plus minus on the season. There is potential in him to improve defensively but in my honest opinion I did not see enough of him on the offensive side of things to cancel it out. I expect Burrow to go in the 17-40 pick range with a likelihood of him going in the mid to late 20’s as a top 10 2nd round pick. The future is bright for the kid but there is some work he needs to put in this offseason if he wants to take the next step in his career 

172 words
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2021, 11:08 PM by UberBJ.)

Total TPE Claimed: 16

Task #1 - 3 TPE
Requirements:  150+ words. 

I would want to go to the Maine Timber. Mostly because I have a history there for 4 seasons and enjoyed the team immensely. Clem Fandango was also their mascot as an DFA for a while, leading him some credence to being there if he wasn't a glorious Falcons.

I think I’d slot in as a 2nd line defenseman and could arguably push for 1st line minutes. I think they lack a true goalscoring threat out of that back and they have a dire need to score goals with the amount of fast breaks they allow. Speaking of fast breaks, I think Clem could help mitigate those with his speed on the ice and positioning. He is a consummate teammate with 26 assists that he could spread around to make his mates even better.

Most importantly, the Timber are nothing without their mascot. Losing him was arguably the greatest loss in their season, no, their history. He is a talisman the players can gather around and be inspired by.

Task #3 - 2 TPE
Requirements:

At the Detroit Falcons fan day, the first 1000 fans in the event will win a free stuffed SKREEE The Eagle plushie. This is a commerotive item that can't be obtained anywhere else! 

Special features include: 
  • A randomly chosen Falcon’s jersey for your SKREEE plushie. 

• One of 21 catch phrases that will help you cheer on your fighting Falcons. 

• 2 D cell batteries, one for backup power for your new plushie friend, and the other for throwing at Scarecrows players. 

• A voucher for 3 Soaring Thunder Ale’s, redeemable for this game only at the south stadium beer vendor. 
Make sure to get there early to guarantee yourself a once in a lifetime item! 

Task #4 - 2 TPE
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 100+ words.

Matchup – 1st Round – Detroit Falcons vs St. Louis Poopscrows 

Player comparison – Spicy McHaggis vs Clem Fandango 

Positions – DEFENSE 

In a riveting round 1 matchup of the SMJHL playoffs we see two young rookie defenseman squaring off to try to give their team the edge in the cup race. While both are defenseman, they could not be more different in play style. MacHaggis brings the old school defensive stalwart mindset where he will outlast his opposition and stop shots on the net to keep the score low, whereas Fandango is a more offensive asset. Everyone saw that on display during the regular season when MacHaggis put up a +/- of –2 to Clems 0, and had a notable 13 points less on the season. Overall, it will be interesting to see if defense or offense prevails in the playoffs. 

Task #7 - 3 TPE

Round 1 wouldve been massively different if the Falcons and Outlaws had swapped seeds. Lets take a look at both series and how they wouldve been different. 

Originally, Anaheim and Maine took their series to 7 games. However, I suspect that if Detroit and Arizona had swapped, the series with Maine would've gone down much quicker and with a different result. Detroit was fearsome during the regular season matchups with rivals Maine, and their counter play with a heavy forecheck would've destroyed Maine within 5 games. While Maine puts up a strong fight here, they lose every game (except game 3) by 2 goals or more. The Murphys have their way with goalie Bloody Oath, keeping him to a .889 save percentage. 

On the other hand, originally the Scarecrows swept the Falcons in their series. If they play Anaheim, this goes to 7 games and ends with the Outlaws advancing. The styles of play are just too drastic to ignore, where the Outlaws could outshoot the crows to the point of winning in OT 3 games by pure attrition. Despite a save percentage of .957, the sheer volume of shots chip away and lead to the round 2 berth for the Outlaws. 

Task #8 - 3 TPE

Clem Fandango’s first season was one of genuine satisfaction and a hint of wonder. Overall he had a good start to his career, bolstered by a strong team around him and great coaching to get him to his maximum potential. 

Defensively, Clem didn’t show up much in the blocking category or even steals. Luckily the management knew this gap in his game could be covered by a strong defensive line pairing, which helped shore up his issues. On the other hand, Clem showcased his inner goon where he was top 5 in the league in hits. One thing was made sure of, he was not going to let his opponents get points without a little pain. 

Offensively he was a revelation for a rookie defenseman. While he didn’t lead any point statistic overall, he did contribute to 32 points in his first campaign, with 26 of them being assists. Showcasing his future role as a top teammate in the attacking third, he’s expecting to hit 50 points next season. 

An unfortunate mar on his season was his #3 overall appearance for most penalty minutes. Some say he is undisciplined, but after seeing the PIM at a perfect 69, analysts are just saying “Nice”. 

S60 Milestones + 3 TPE

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

Task #3
A specific game hasn't been decided yet, but sometime next season the Nevada Battleborn will be giving out noisemakers (Boom sticks, whatever you want to call them) to all fans in attendance. These wont be any normal noisemakers however, they will be in the shape of moose antlers in support of Melvin-Majestic Moose. The Moose from Sweden is one of Nevada's top upcoming prospects and what better way to celebrate their success than to give away some massive noisemakers. It will be quite a sight in Nevada to see all the fans banging together Moose antler shaped noise makers and it is sure to liven up the arena, fans and players.
(111 Words) + 2 TPE

Task #8
With my first SMJHL season wrapped up I would say that I preformed up to my personal expectations. I wasn't expecting much because I knew I was going to be on one of the worst teams. I will say however that my personal expectations changed more than once throughout the season. I made Patrice very defensive and put a lot of TPE into faceoffs and other defensive stats, so I wasn't expecting the most offensive production. However, mid season Bergeron Jr. Started to pick it up and was producing goals and assists at a much higher rate I thought possible. This stretch of games spanning about a week made me believe
Bergy JR. could end the season on a hot streak. (This didn't happen). Bergeron ended the season just above .33 points per game which exceeded my beginning of the season expectations but not my mid season expectations. For next season it would be nice to improve offensive production, but defensive output is always nice as well.
(167 words) +3 TPE

Task #10
Well this is something most of the players of the Nevada Battleborn have been thinking about all season... Next season. We have plenty of exciting rookies who are earning lots of TPE and improving their players every week. Next season is also exciting because there is little prospect of current roster players getting called up to the SHL. It is always sad to see familiar faces go, but next season for Nevada should see very little of that. Just like this season the locker room should stay buzzing and that is always something to look forward to. For a team who had a horrible regular season and then got swept 4-0 in the play in round of the playoffs the prospect of performing in the playoffs and playing meaningful hockey. The Battleborn also have a high draft pick to look forward as they had the worst record in the regular season. While this rookie may help this next season they will most likely help Nevada further down the road.
(169 Words) +3 TPE

Task # 12
Patrice Bergeron Jr. is a bigger built center with high hockey IQ. He can win puck battles along the boards with his big frame and also make the finesse plays that players half his size struggle with. He might not be SHL ready as fast as some of his peers may be but he shows a really great work ethic and could easily catch up or pass them with time. For a first season SMJHL rookie Bergeron Jr. is great on the faceoff dot and outperforms his peers by a marginal amount. This is something that any hockey team can use and SHL teams are on the lookout for in young prospects. Patrice could use some work on his skating and SHL teams would like to see a jump in his offensive production before he is given a shot in the big league. When it comes to off the ice Bergeron has been known to be cocky in interviews, but it has never seemed to spill over to his teammates or coaches.
(172 Words) +3 TPE

Task #16 https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3086485 + 2 TPE