Create Account

(Graded) Deep Dive #2 - The Kelowna Knights
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 04:20 PM by Opera_Phantom.)

The Kelowna Knights struggled this season, to say the least. Second-last in the league in S60, the Knights were only superseded by the Nevada Battleborn who were indeed in a class of their own, while the Knights at least were somewhat close to the Maine Timber. The primary source of the difference between the Timber and Knights arises in the form of goals against The Knights spent much of the season in their own zone, something which will allow certain players to excel and I will highlight later, but ultimately games must be won in the offensive zone. Naturally, Kelowna stance in their own division is much worse, with both the Anchorage Armada, and the Vancouver Whalers having very successful seasons.

Kelowna's play in their own end led to some statistical accomplishment from the roster though, as fore fronted by rookie defenceman Leons Briedis, who would end the season in second place in blocked shots. Scott Thorn also ended the season with the 4th highest shooting percentage among defencemen, and Benjamin Blue-II stole several games over the course of the season, which earned him the third highest GSAA, while saving the fifth most shots with the fifth highest save percentage, 5th most shutouts, all while only playing 48 games, only good enough for ninth in the league.

Outside of the first line of Danny C, Cian McFelter, and Gerry Atrick, offensive production was spread out on the team, and even with the first line in mind, there are no individual standouts. However, in situational states, Satoru Goju leads the way handedly in even-strength goals, Danny C in powerplay goals, and Sebastien Weiss interestingly with the only shorthanded goal for the Knights.

In other stats, I'd be remiss if I did not mention that Petr Svoboda led the team in shooting percentage (:eyes: ), while Patrick Toes played the most for the team, at least for skaters, also Toes is responsible for the team's only fight (which was a loss :( ). With his nearly league-leading total, Leons Briedis easily leads the team in blocked shots.

Unfortunately, Kelowna's lack of success continued into the post-season, ending quickly with a sweep form the Quebec City Citadelles in the first round. While this early exit means there's few stats to pull from especially when compared to the finalists, interestingly enough Adriano Donini scored one of the two shorthanded goals scored in the entire playoffs (thus far) and as a defenceman. Benjamin Blue-II did not see nearly as much of his success from the regular season carry over into the postseason.

The Knights would score only five goals in those four games, Danny C assisting on three of them, and Gerry Atrick scoring the team's only powerplay goal to counter Donini's shorthander, but Gerry's prowess also gave him the team's highest shooting percentage at a 22.2%. Finally, Sebastien Weiss lead the team by quite a margin in defensive game rating, which is especially interesting as game ratings did not have a dramatic front-runner in the regular season.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Approved!

+5 TPE @artermis