Create Account

A Thorny Thank you

This media piece is a thank you to all supporters.

Firstly to all the Kelowna Fans out there, Thank you, thank you, for all the support this season. It’s the fans that make all the hard work the team puts in worthwhile. The season ended on a bit of a down note, losing to Q-city in a landslide. I don’t want to take anything away from the great game Q-city played, but I can’t help but think if only our team hadn’t come down with the “Lobster Pox” which is a very contagious, non-fatal version of Smallpox. The final score would have been much different. And as a health warning to all, you have to be careful when celebrating in some clubs out in Montreal, you can catch some stuff. It may end up being Lobster Pox or something else. Some people think it is worth the risk, I mean Montreal is great after dark and I don’t mean at the ballet, but you need to be careful.

So now on to how the knight’s will get better and achieve our ultimate goal of winning the championship. Everyone on this team needs to dedicate themselves one hundred percent into getting stronger, faster and tougher. Do we need to shoot better, do we need to pass better, do we need to work even harder...of course we do. That’s what champions do, but first everyone on this team needs to look deep into themselves and really search to find out if they are ready to do what is needed to win. I expect the weight room here at our training facility to be busy this off season, it is actually just the local gym in town, so to all our fans out there, come on down and join your favorite team as we build ourselves up for the new season. There’s a Timmy Ho’s just down the street too.

In closing, thanks again to our supporters, we failed like a beached whale at the end but gave all we could like a tapped out maple tree. I look forward to the next season with vigor and a full heart, knowing that the fans will be back cheering us on to victory. The championship is within our sights, with diligence and good ole hard work, it will be our destiny. And of course after we jettison the dead weight from the team(and you know who you are).

Scott “Thorny” Thorn