Create Account

Season 60 Hall of Fame Ceremony
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 10:55 AM by KenitohMenara.)

[Image: 110px-Hockey_Hall_of_Fame_Logo.svg.png]

Date: Sunday 15th August 2021
Time: 4:00 PM EST

Greetings Hockey fans, I am Alexis Saint-Michel and it is that time of year again for the hall of fame ceremony. As another season of hockey comes to a close, join me and the Hall of Fame committee as we welcome more legendary players to the Hall of Fame.

Iam Essellemm
Kristaps Ball****
Gary Grease****
Hercules Rockefeller****
Cedric Robinson****
Bobby Watson***
Alex Winters**
Cameron Carter II**
Charlie Schieck**
Liam O'Callaghan*
Reginald MacIntyre*
Nicholas Williams*
Aleister Cain*
Jack Tanner*
Rafe Ulrich*
Jon Toner*
The Dude*
Emiko Spector
Ti-Guy Emond
Anders Christiansen
Tor Tuck
Brock Nuck

Looking forward to it!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

25 minutes to show time

15 minutes to show time

10 minutes til show time

5 Minutes til show time

Interesting field this year..

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

GARRRRRRY GREASEEEE COME ON!

It is said that we are the writers of our own life stories. Some are triumphs, some are tragedies. Some gather dust, while others become best sellers. In hockey, every story has the same hopeful ending. To lift the cup above your head and skate off into the sunset, remembered for all time as a hero player. Life however rarely allows such chances. Injuries, lack of play time and a number of factors beyond your control can destroy any chance of your storybook ending.

For some players, the lights of the Simulation Hockey League are just too bright, the stage too big and the expectations too grand. They never reach their full potential and thus, their stories gather dust. The few who can stand up to the factors, the scrutiny, the endless training and demands from all directions, they become great players. For the few who achieve greatness even in the face of those impossible odds… become legends.

“Never forget BB, you are the greatest one!”

“Oh Trevor Wilson, he rises to the occasion every time!”

“Tig Murphy, We can never thank you enough!”

“Oh Esa, when will we see your like again?”

Their stories end with the rise to immortality, to the hall of legends where they are remembered for all time. Stories they have written over a lifetime of hard work, sacrifice and struggle become recognised as some of the best. They become part of sports greatest library… The Hall of Fame.

And now, The Simulation Hockey League proudly presents, the SHL Season 60 Hall of Fame Class

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen and welcome to Toronto. Here at the historic hall of fame building, we welcome the next class of hall of famers. Before the ceremony today, I walked around this incredible building, taking in the history and the stories of players of long ago. Seeing the stories and careers of these legends fills me with the same pride and joy that I always get when I host these wonderful occasions. To be given the privilege to host this event as many times as I have is something I treasure dearly. To the players who are entering the hall today, I say this. I have been given the distinct honour and privilege of welcoming the new class of legends. Welcome and thank you for coming. To the players who have been chosen to enter the hall, allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your accomplishments and your legacies. You have achieved the dream that every player holds dearest and even as a new chapter of your life begins, know that the stories you told in hockey will be treasured.

May your names be remembered, now and forever.

Now without further ado, let us proceed with the ceremony.

It's Cedric Robinson's time!

Also, Tor Tuck feels like a first-ballot guy. Dude put up some great career stats!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 04:08 PM by KenitohMenara.)

Before we proceed, the Commitee would like to congratulate the Buffalo Stampede  Stampede for winning the Challenge Cup. Buffalo has always been one of the top teams in this league for the last half decade but something always prevented them from getting to the promised land. This season and these playoffs, however, proved that this year the Stampede would not be denied their place in history and now they stand tall above all others as champions. Congratulations once again to Buffalo.

The committee would also like to congratulate the Newfoundland Berserkers Berserkers for winning this year’s Four Star Trophy. Years of close but never close enough results can wreak havok on a teams mental fortitude. Some wondered if Newfoundland's window had come and gone. The team would not only remain focused but proved themselves to be the best team in the SMJHL this year, so once again, Congratulations.

As always, the Committee performs a ranked choice voting system, this year we had 8 players receive votes for the Hall of Fame. 2 of those 8 players were inducted. Each player had to receive 35 votes from the committee to be inducted. The committee wasted no time getting these two incredibly talented players in the Hall of Fame. Before I announce the three inductees, I would like to take this time to congratulate those who were recognised by the committee but did not earn enough votes.

Kristaps Ball - 3 Votes

Career Regular Season stats: GP: 600 | G: 88 | A: 270 | P: 358

Ron Mexico Trophy Nominee (S50)
2 Time Scott Stevens Trophy Winner (S48, S50)
Aidan Richan Trophy Nominee (S48)

No matter where he went or what season it was, Kristaps Ball defined the work ethic expected of an SHL defenceman. Over his 11 year career, Kristap would push himself and his teams to the limit, always wanting to try and taste glory. He is most fondly remembered for his time with the Barracuda, where he would win the Scott Stevens award for best defenceman twice and both times would eclipse 50 points.

Forever in the hearts of those he played with! Thank you Kristaps!