Create Account

Season 60 Hall of Fame Ceremony

Jon Toner - 6 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 866 | G: 127 | A: 372 | P: 499

1 Time Scott Stevens Award Nominee
1 Time Scott Stevens Award Winner

For a decade, Jon Toner would star in LA as the face of the Panthers defensive core. He would give the Panthers faithful a show every night he was on the ice. A panther for life, his finest season would come in Season 59 where he would win the Scott Stevens award as the league's best defenseman and even in retirement, the Panther faithful remember his accomplishments vividly

Thanks for everything Jon!

Bobby Watson - 7 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 751 | G: 291 | A: 309 | P: 600

1 Time Ron Mexico Award Nominee
1 Time Jay McDonald Trophy Winner

A man who touched the hearts and minds of many fans during his career, Bobby Watson would prove his credentials everywhere he went. From his early days in Toronto to his dominant showings for Minnesota, Bobby would eclipse 500 points and would be recognised as the leagues top scorer in Season 46. I will always hold the greatest respect in my heart for those who reach the heights of the MVP award and Bobby would always put himself in contention for that award.

A Toronto and Minnesota legend.

Anders Christiansen - 9 Votes

Career regular season stats: GP: 882 | G: 249 | A: 435 | P: 684

2 Time Ron Mexico Nominee (S39, S48)
Aidan Richan Trophy Nominee (S48)
Jay McDonald Trophy Winner (S51)

If you could describe Christiansen in one word, it would be consistency. No matter the team, no matter the time, he would always perform at his best. Most fondly remembered for his time with the wolf pack, Anders would be clutch goal scorer that would lead his teams to victory when he needed them. A man that everyone should look to when it comes to coming up clutch.

Thank you Anders for all you have done for us!

Cedric Robinson - 16 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 374 | W: 207 | L: 124 | OT: 30

2 Time Challenge Cup Champion (S46, S48)
3 Time John McBride Trophy Nominee (S49, S50, S53)
1 Time Ryan Jesster Trophy Nominee (S46)
1 Time Anton Razov Trophy Winner (S48)
1 Time Mike Honcho Trophy Winner (S50)

I can already hear the Buffalo fans STILL complaining in the back but keep in mind I am just the host here and not an official member of the committee. But really, I do feel that Cedric should absolutely be considered for the hall. Especially how clutch he was when the moment needed him to be. When you become a legend for a team as old an prestigious as the Stampede, you deserve some respect. Cedric did all you could ask for a goalie, make big saves and win playoff games when you needed him to step up. His finest season, Season 50, was where his talent truly shone, winning the Mike Honcho Trophy for fewest goalies allowed.

A Buffalo Legend in Net, now and forever

The Dude - 19 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 648 | G: 131 | A: 345 | P: 476

1 Time Ryan Jesster Trophy Nominee (S40)
1 Time Scott Stevens Trophy Nominee (S43)
1 Time Scott Stevens Trophy Winner (S45)

Another player who reached many different people, The Dude would play in many different cities and for many different people. He is most fondly remembered for his time with the Texas Renegades where he would prove himself to be a defence to remember. Always in the discussion for the Scott Stevens award and always leading his team deep in the playoffs, he is remembered for his cool demeanour and timely plays.

The Dude - Simply awesome

Thank you to all the players who I have mentioned. To even be here and earning votes from the committee is to your everlasting credit. You are a credit to not only yourselves but to the sport we all love. Once again, I thank you for your contributions and wish to express my gratitude in helping pave the road for me to have a future career in the SHL.

And now, Ladies and Gentlemen without further ado, allow me to introduce the class of the Season 60 Hall of Fame.

[Image: rHzU5WC.jpg]

Aleister Cain - 54 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 477 | W: 286 | L: 149 | OT: 41

1 Time Challenge Cup Champion (S54)
3 Time John McBride Trophy Nominee (S46, S51, S53)
1 Time Anton Razov Trophy Winner (S54)

To be a franchise goalie is a tough task in itself. To win a cup when the whole world thinks you can’t is another. Aleister Cain not only did both, but he finally ended a curse that hovered around a city since its debut in the SHL.

Originally drafted by Edmonton, Aleister Cain is most fondly remembered when he joined the New Orleans Specters in 46, where he would play until the end of his career. There were many highs and lows for the man they called “The Dark Warrior” but one sentence always lingered around the team. One thing they could never shake:

“Oh Challenge Cup, won’t you ever come to New Orleans?”

That was the feeling going into Season 54. NOLA was still waiting for its first challenge cup. They needed a miracle and Aleister Cain would be the man who back stopped the Specters to the top of the mountain. With one of the finest playoff performances ever performed by a goalie, Cain would give the Specters the cup at long last and earn him the Anton Razov award for playoff MVP. There truly is nothing more I could say about Cain that could describe his career better than that.

A NOLA Legend for life and the man who brought the big cup to Bourbon street. Thank you Aleister
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 04:36 PM by KenitohMenara.)

[Image: C5lrMxo.jpg]

Tor Tuck - 100 Votes
Career Regular Season Stats: 1082 | G: 135 | A: 516 | P: 651

2 Time Challenge Cup Champion (S45, S49)
1 Time Ron Mexico Nominee (S51)
2 Time Scott Stevens Trophy Winner (S44, S51)
1 Aidan Richan Nominee (S44)
2 Time Turd Ferguson Winner (S47, S49)

To talk about this player is… to talk about more than just a singular man. We are talking about a player that would define more than 15 years of hockey for a team. A man who would change the face of hockey for a region and would be a beloved hero for so many people. It is my honor to talk about the career of possibly the greatest defenceman ever to play for the Edmonton Blizzard, Tor Tuck.

For 18 of his 20 season career he would call Edmonton home. Over that time he would do many things for the Blizzard and he would inspire more hockey youths in Edmonton than can properly be measured. He would be a captain in the locker room and would galvanize his teams to victory. Some say he would take penalties on purpose to try and force his teams to work harder and win games while under incredible pressure, I mean it’s one way you can explain his positive +/- score at the end of his career. He would be a key member of the team that would bring home the cup to Edmonton after a 17 year drought.

What can you truly say about Tor Tuck that hundreds of thousands of people haven’t already said. If any young player out there is looking for inspiration, I would highly recommend you seek out video tapes of TT. A man like him will be studied for years to come and rightfully so.

Tor Tuck, Edmonton and the SHL can never thank you enough!

And with this, I now bring this year's hall of fame ceremony to a close.

Before I leave, I wish to offer my congratulations once again to the nominees and the three newest members of the Hall of Fame. You have all had storied careers in the SHL and we will remember you fondly.

I wish as well to thank the league and the Hall of Fame Committee for giving me the chance to host this year's show. This has been one of the greatest honours of my life to induct these worthy players to the hall and host this ceremony. It has been the most incredible experience revisiting the history of the league and learning all about its stories. Hopefully one day, I can look back at this moment as I get my chance to be in this hall.

For now though, from the Hall of Fame in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. This is Alexis Saint-Michel Signing off. Thank you and good night!

Congrats Erm and Slash

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Smile

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Buffalo legend Tor Tuck

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Wowza I'm famous!

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

Congrats guys well deserved!

Cheers

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite