Create Account

Add an optional Discord ID field to the player creation tool

Some people who have trouble with the site might not even realize that there is a Discord or see the rookie mentor PM (or forget about it as things can be overwhelming at first). If they are more familiar with Discord and list it in their creation post, we might be able to help them come around either via the mentors also sending their initial PM on Discord or team's scouts who won't have to look everywhere to find it.

I think we're at a point in the league's history where Discord plays such a huge role it warrants adding it to the player creation tool instead of always trying to get people's Discord IDs by other means like the IP Thread.

Field has to be optional for privacy reasons obviously.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Yes please

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

For sure, I had no idea there was a main SHL discord for quite a while. Undecided

[Image: A12A5Km.png]

I know drunkenteddy had some legitimate reason for this not being included last time it was brought up, ofc I don't remember what it was but I tried my best

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2021, 04:52 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

Player pages can't be updated by the player but someone's discord ID could change. We also want people to be able to control if their discord ID is visible on the site or not, which they can do through the user control panel. I will see if I can add the discord ID field when accounts are created instead, it may help more people to fill it out.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]