Create Account

Recruitment and Fantasy Sign-Ups
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2021, 11:55 AM by DELIRIVM.)

Talking about this, in the Baltimore LR, we realized that recruitment went up after fantasy sign-ups. I feel like this creates a difficult situation for new recruits. Especially considering fantasy is used to gain TPE and help solidify the bank account. Hopefully moving forward we can make sure that recruitment is done before fantasy sign-ups are done. While I know there is a late sign up form, and the recruiters should be pushing this to the new signups that came over from reddit recruitment, I believe that we should have these two teams communicating more closely to avoid creating a quagmire where new recruits are even more confused about what they can do on the site. 

I think both teams do a great job and I applaud their efforts, especially considering how smoothly both went, but when interacting with one another it leaves a bit to be desired. Maybe scheduling this together might be the best option.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

I'm for it. Sack those responsible.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

I mean, sign up for fantasy started in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Groups were created after finals ended. Especially how slow people are to pick people I don’t know if pushing back the start of fantasy groups is worth it. The wait list is basically signups pt2 for people who missed it

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Also to add on to what Luke said. Recruitment goes up roughly 5 days or so before the SMJHL draft as to not have a mass number of our new recruits sitting around with not much to do. If they become too bored then they're more likely to not log back into the site. So we try to time it with them to have enough time to do some things but also not enough time without anything going on for them.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

maybe if we slowed down the off season to a reasonable pace... nah

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

08-18-2021, 12:03 PMluketd Wrote: I mean, sign up for fantasy started in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Groups were created after finals ended. Especially how slow people are to pick people I don’t know if pushing back the start of fantasy groups is worth it. The wait list is basically signups pt2 for people who missed it

Fair point. Good to hear this info. Hopefully the mentor teams are making sure to push this to the new recruits!

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

Gonna start by saying I agree that would be a good thing.

The recruitment timing is seemingly strictly set based on getting a lot of people in right before the draft because people quit at that stage if there's too long before the draft. Obviously having one more thing for them to do in fantasy would only help with that aspect. 
On the other hand fantasy timing seems to be strictly based on making sure it gets done before the season starts. I don't know about you but I've definitely been in groups where I have to pick my last player up the day of Sims because people were taking too long. 

Move the fantasy and risk groups not finishing in time, move recruitment and risk losing people. Obviously there's solutions to this somewhere but it's a bunch of moving parts. 

Also we aren't pushing anything to anyone once they get on. That would be a mentor thing. We just get them here and grade their rookie tasks everything else is mentors unless someone specifically asked us a question I guess. Not like I would tell them no it's not my job lol
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2021, 01:29 PM by spooked.)

Either way, SMJHL draft is too late to recruit before fantasy, and if we move either that draft or the fantasy the rookies will have a week or two of nothing before or after the draft that could cause more avoidable inactive users. If anything we just need to make sure that all the rookies are aware of late sign up fantasy through JGMs and Mentors and then make sure they all get a group no matter what.