Create Account

WJC and IIHF Medals

Each year the IIHF and WJC come and go and the winners are forgotten as soon as they are awarded with their payouts.  I think it would be awesome if the medalists were all awarded a gold, silver, or bronze medal on their account page (where they would get a donor badge, or a four star cup if they won it) to commemorate their international victories.  On top of it just being a cool idea, I also think it may help increase interest in the games so that they are more than just an offseason buffer.  I have absolutely no idea about how the HO would go about implementing this, or how much work it would actually take to apply this retroactively, I just think it'd be neat.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

I agree, lemme show off the hardware

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

I kind of like this too.

Just might get crowded for users who have been here so long that they are well decorated.
Though that sounds like a very minor problem at most.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

It would be way, wayyyy too crowded lol

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

You can just do 1 medal of each, then have the season as a tooltip hover. If someone has multiple, just keep adding to the tooltip

08-20-2021, 11:59 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: It would be way, wayyyy too crowded lol
Could this be fixed by a number on a medal instead of one medal per win?  Like if someone has 2 golds, 3 silvers, and 4 bronze's their account page would have a gold medal with a 2 on it, a silver with a 3, and a bronze with a 4?

08-20-2021, 12:01 PMsteveoiscool Wrote: You can just do 1 medal of each, then have the season as a tooltip hover. If someone has multiple, just keep adding to the tooltip
I like this idea

We've talked about this a bit in the past, the hard part would be deciding on screen economy. There's an adjustable limit to the number of badges that display, but no way for us to let users choose which badges display on their posts. Users with like 30, 40 awards will get badges bumped which also feels bad.

08-20-2021, 12:01 PMsteveoiscool Wrote: You can just do 1 medal of each, then have the season as a tooltip hover. If someone has multiple, just keep adding to the tooltip
technically anything is *possible*, but the badge code wasn't made in house. so that kind of thing would be custom PHP code modifying an existing module that we might have source code for?

and if anyone wants to volunteer for that hit up @DrunkenTeddy, I'm sure he'd love the help

Heck yeah! Let us show off that bling!

[Image: Spicy_Funko.jpg]
Player Page             Update Thread

I like this because I just want more badges

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

So yes anything is possible and we talked about maybe adding just gold medals, but even that floods the whole awards area.

I don't mind the idea of incrementing an award so it shows a gold medal with a little number 1/2/3/4/etc over it. The problem is someone needs to then keep track of how many medals a player has won and when they add a new one they have the extra effort of removing the old award and adding the new one while making sure it's the right number.. The awards section already takes up a ton of space for some older users, and every time we add one thing someone asks for more. My worry with adding IIHF gold medals even is that people will ask for silvers, bronzes, or wjc medals. That's a crap ton of work to manage. I feel like we would need a team to manage that, but we have to give a ton of access to get to that area, so you don't want to just give it out to anyone. @"luketd" tends to manage the awards more than I do, so maybe he could weigh in.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

08-20-2021, 01:04 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: So yes anything is possible and we talked about maybe adding just gold medals, but even that floods the whole awards area.

I don't mind the idea of incrementing an award so it shows a gold medal with a little number 1/2/3/4/etc over it. The problem is someone needs to then keep track of how many medals a player has won and when they add a new one they have the extra effort of removing the old award and adding the new one while making sure it's the right number.. The awards section already takes up a ton of space for some older users, and every time we add one thing someone asks for more. My worry with adding IIHF gold medals even is that people will ask for silvers, bronzes, or wjc medals. That's a crap ton of work to manage. I feel like we would need a team to manage that, but we have to give a ton of access to get to that area, so you don't want to just give it out to anyone. @"luketd" tends to manage the awards more than I do, so maybe he could weigh in.
Cutting it off at Gold probably would be the best call, it definitely could get messy otherwise.

08-20-2021, 11:55 AMCptSquall Wrote: I kind of like this too.

Just might get crowded for users who have been here so long that they are well decorated.
Though that sounds like a very minor problem at most.

Shush. Give me my 6 golds.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Yeah this would probably be the best way to do it if at all, but not sure if it's even possible. This gets suggested a lot and the best argument against will always be just how crowded that would get so fast

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa