Create Account

WJC and IIHF Medals

08-20-2021, 04:13 PMJKortesi81 Wrote:
08-20-2021, 11:55 AMCptSquall Wrote: I kind of like this too.

Just might get crowded for users who have been here so long that they are well decorated.
Though that sounds like a very minor problem at most.

Shush. Give me my 6 golds.

Its fine, i have lots of less valuable medals too Joe. Aside from gold at the WJC level both as a GM and a Captain.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

08-20-2021, 01:04 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: So yes anything is possible and we talked about maybe adding just gold medals, but even that floods the whole awards area.

I don't mind the idea of incrementing an award so it shows a gold medal with a little number 1/2/3/4/etc over it. The problem is someone needs to then keep track of how many medals a player has won and when they add a new one they have the extra effort of removing the old award and adding the new one while making sure it's the right number.. The awards section already takes up a ton of space for some older users, and every time we add one thing someone asks for more. My worry with adding IIHF gold medals even is that people will ask for silvers, bronzes, or wjc medals. That's a crap ton of work to manage. I feel like we would need a team to manage that, but we have to give a ton of access to get to that area, so you don't want to just give it out to anyone. @"luketd" tends to manage the awards more than I do, so maybe he could weigh in.

I can speak to this a lot more since I manage the awards + adding 2 more awards soon Hmm

In reality, the way the we do awards is already on the Scope Creep scale of being very large to manage

[Image: Capture.PNG]

To give a look behind the curtains, this is the current way it is layed out. It has the ones that are more set in stone, HOF, MVP, Simmer, 2k club. And then for the Cups they go by season, so its S1 -> Present for the Challenge cup and 4 star cup.

Which is a lot to manage, but it is manageable because its just adding a new one each season.

But like teddy said, if we give people access to that area, there is a lot of stuff in that area you dont want to give to people.

So the best way to probably do it, is just Gold Medals. but then its unfair for the people who won Silver and Bronze, as they also won a medal. Now with FHM and STHS bronze medals arent on the index, so that if we want proof of people winning it then it would be a lot of work.

Im not saying that it cant be done, but its a lot of work that I dont want to do. So if it something that IIHF HO wants to tackle so it be it

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 07:54 PM by artermis.)

08-20-2021, 11:24 AMPickle Juice Wrote: Each year the IIHF and WJC come and go and the winners are forgotten as soon as they are awarded with their payouts.
08-20-2021, 06:48 PMluketd Wrote: Im not saying that it cant be done, but its a lot of work that I dont want to do. So if it something that IIHF HO wants to tackle so it be it

For the record I have a list of all gold medal winners in WJC and IIHF history that I believe to be mostly complete, but it is only golds (however I'm also in agreement that we only need golds).

Non-index rosters were just taken from PbP pages and the rosters they had.

It's just my triple gold club sheet

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]