Create Account

Abolish owners create appeals committee

Who wouldn't want to have more than 2 actives person voting on appeals?

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

I've been thinking about this since the mPT about things you like and dislike about the site, and I think punishments/appeals are definitely some of the biggest things people are wary about. Having a committee that people can trust would do huge things for the League, only question is how to formulate said group

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

08-20-2021, 07:32 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: I've been thinking about this since the mPT about things you like and dislike about the site, and I think punishments/appeals are definitely some of the biggest things people are wary about. Having a committee that people can trust would do huge things for the League, only question is how to formulate said group

Maybe we can inspire ourselves on how the pbe does (i am not sure about the isfl). But in all case, i'd lean more to trust a group of 5-7 users making calls on this than 2 people.

If not this, please let us ignore regression rules like the other rules get ignored.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

08-20-2021, 07:33 PMEvok Wrote:
08-20-2021, 07:32 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: I've been thinking about this since the mPT about things you like and dislike about the site, and I think punishments/appeals are definitely some of the biggest things people are wary about. Having a committee that people can trust would do huge things for the League, only question is how to formulate said group

Maybe we can inspire ourselves on how the pbe does (i am not sure about the isfl). But in all case, i'd lean more to trust a group of 5-7 users making calls on this than 2 people.

Definitely include around that many people yeah, but how do we decide them? Popular vote could lead to popularity contests, assignment by the group would lead to corruption & nepotism, what other options are there?

S66 Damian Littleton

Can’t abolish the people who decide if they get abolished smh

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Thread says abolish owners? It has my support

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

08-20-2021, 07:35 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
08-20-2021, 07:33 PMEvok Wrote: Maybe we can inspire ourselves on how the pbe does (i am not sure about the isfl). But in all case, i'd lean more to trust a group of 5-7 users making calls on this than 2 people.

Definitely include around that many people yeah, but how do we decide them? Popular vote could lead to popularity contests, assignment by the group would lead to corruption & nepotism, what other options are there?

Hired people vetoed by ho and a majority/ two third of gm? that way we could ensure that those who are actually affected have a voice in it.

08-20-2021, 07:54 PMEvok Wrote:
08-20-2021, 07:35 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Definitely include around that many people yeah, but how do we decide them? Popular vote could lead to popularity contests, assignment by the group would lead to corruption & nepotism, what other options are there?

Hired people vetoed by ho and a majority/ two third of gm? that way we could ensure that those who are actually affected have a voice in it.

This definitely seems like a good start to a good compromise. Ensuring we have some sort of checks and balances is a good move

S66 Damian Littleton

08-20-2021, 07:35 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
08-20-2021, 07:33 PMEvok Wrote: Maybe we can inspire ourselves on how the pbe does (i am not sure about the isfl). But in all case, i'd lean more to trust a group of 5-7 users making calls on this than 2 people.

Only first gen players, and they only serve one season. Set an approved time for the first scouting message to go out, and that's the end of their term. Just hope we have new first gen players ready to step up.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

08-20-2021, 07:59 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
08-20-2021, 07:54 PMEvok Wrote: Hired people vetoed by ho and a majority/ two third of gm? that way we could ensure that those who are actually affected have a voice in it.

This definitely seems like a good start to a good compromise. Ensuring we have some sort of checks and balances is a good move

For transparency, I'd say all conversations get logged in discord, or are carried out completely on the forums where they can't delete posts.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 08:32 PM by Ruggsy.)

As I was scrolling through the 1000 pages today I saw someone mentioning SHLPA which sounds pretty cool. But obviously as was said it totally depends how thats decided. Imo I think it would be cool to have a group of people that not so much has final say, but are more another voice to make sure noones rushing to a conclusion.
Something like (chosen by their respective peers):
- an owner
-two established SHL GMs
-two established J gms
-a 'person of the people' (like someone who is known for being extremely pro new players while still being established)
-someone else idk
The idea being that everyone gets an actual voice. The thing that worries me is that this should not be "a level above HO" It should be a group that says "wait lets take another second to look at this because this seems kind of weird" then together with HO comes to a reasonable conclusion that is best for the league

Edit:
08-20-2021, 08:05 PMwumaduce Wrote:
08-20-2021, 07:59 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: This definitely seems like a good start to a good compromise. Ensuring we have some sort of checks and balances is a good move

For transparency, I'd say all conversations get logged in discord, or are carried out completely on the forums where they can't delete posts.
Even I can hard delete posts on the forums, in the end its completely about truth and what the rules say

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

08-20-2021, 08:22 PMRuggsy Wrote: As I was scrolling through the 1000 pages today I saw someone mentioning SHLPA which sounds pretty cool. But obviously as was said it totally depends how thats decided. Imo I think it would be cool to have a group of people that not so much has final say, but are more another voice to make sure noones rushing to a conclusion.
Something like (chosen by their respective peers):
- an owner
-two established SHL GMs
-two established J gms
-a 'person of the people' (like someone who is known for being extremely pro new players while still being established)
-someone else idk
The idea being that everyone gets an actual voice. The thing that worries me is that this should not be "a level above HO" It should be a group that says "wait lets take another second to look at this because this seems kind of weird" then together with HO comes to a reasonable conclusion that is best for the league

Edit:
08-20-2021, 08:05 PMwumaduce Wrote: For transparency, I'd say all conversations get logged in discord, or are carried out completely on the forums where they can't delete posts.
Even I can hard delete posts on the forums, in the end its completely about truth and what the rules say

All of this i would love.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 09:16 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

Member when DC was a thing back when HO didn't really do anything? And now HO actually been working on stuff for IDK how long, DC really should make a comeback. Perhaps with HO handling appeals instead of owners? I got nothing against the owners at all, great people(except Eggy who's a ponyfucker kekw), but most of them are more or less inactive at this point, so seem kinda weird to have like 2 people appeal stuff.

my 2 cents

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Just pay @grok 5M a season and run every decision by him and he gives a thumbs up or down. Best 5M they'll spend

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]