Create Account

Rinky is Confused.

So, as you likely know, I log on a couple of times a week to do my PT's and catch up on Rinky's performance.  Yesterday I checked the new content and found that I had been traded from the Great Falls Grizzlies to the Colorado Raptors.  There was an effort made to ping me, but, for some binary reason, I didn't get the message.  So what went down >  How did I become a Grizzly in the first place ?  (not that I mind in any way).  I was a Raptor before, and now the Raps have given up substantial assets to return Rinky to Colorado.  The best I can surmise is that the Grizzlies selected Rinky in some kind of expansion draft and the Raptors felt that Rinky was an important enough cog in their machine to get him back to the Mountains.  If someone could shed a little light on this matter, it would be greatly appreciated.

From Rinky's point of view, it was more than a little unnerving.  He woke up one fine morning to discover that he was going to have to make his way to Great Falls.  OK, so no biggie.  Trades and drafts are all part of the business.  It's all about a team trying to find that elusive winning combination.  It has nothing to do with the player personally....unless you are Sean Avery.  Rinky hadn't even the time to pack his toothbrush when he found that he didn't have to go anywhere because he had been traded back to the Raptors.  He immediately contacted his GM to thank him for the huge vote of confidence.  He also mentioned that he hoped that he would be able to make the trade worthwhile.  After all, the Raptors did give up a player, Fedor Sotakov  and 5 draft picks to reacquire Rinky and the Grizzlies' S61 Fourth Round pick.

Subsequent to all of the foregoing, when asked, Rinky said that he felt that he would have a larger role on the Raptors in future seasons with them, more time on ice and more production.  His off-season have seen a boost in his attributes by 76 TPE.  The combination of these two things should result in an increase in overall production and, hopefully, greater team success.  Rinky also said that he doesn't know what the future hold for him beyond the current season, but whatever that future is, he hopes to be a contributor.

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

Heya, gonna move this to SMJHL media as you posted this in the wrong section. Smile

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Hey there Rinky I can shed some light on this.

Rinky was part of an overall expansion draft deal that was negotiated in order to keep you on Colorado. Sure, you could have been protected by your GM, but for whatever reason you weren’t.

We could have kept you on the Grizzlies and not have batted an eye, however for us being a new expansion team, PICKS are our valuable currency.

So the deal was negotiated: we select you to protect and keep you in Colorado in exchange for an IA player and a multitude of picks to help us fill out our roster.

Raiden was extremely pleasant to work with (Wulf has great relations with him, as do I from WJC/IIHF) so it was logical for us to jump on this mutually beneficial endeavor.

Hope that clears some things up.

08-21-2021, 09:55 AMZoone16 Wrote: Heya, gonna move this to SMJHL media as you posted this in the wrong section. Smile
Thanks.  I do want this graded for $$$$.  I assume that will happen with it being moved ?

08-21-2021, 10:05 AMGeekusoid Wrote: Hey there Rinky I can shed some light on this.

Rinky was part of an overall expansion draft deal that was negotiated in order to keep you on Colorado. Sure, you could have been protected by your GM, but for whatever reason you weren’t. 

We could have kept you on the Grizzlies and not have batted an eye, however for us being a new expansion team, PICKS are our valuable currency.

So the deal was negotiated:  we select you to protect and keep you in Colorado in exchange for an IA player and a multitude of picks to help us fill out our roster.

Raiden was extremely pleasant to work with (Wulf has great relations with him, as do I from WJC/IIHF) so it was logical for us to jump on this mutually beneficial endeavor.

Thanks.  That is what I kinda figured.  I wouldn't have objected to playing with The Griz, btw

08-21-2021, 10:33 AMEynhallow Wrote:
08-21-2021, 09:55 AMZoone16 Wrote: Heya, gonna move this to SMJHL media as you posted this in the wrong section. Smile
Thanks.  I do want this graded for $$$$.  I assume that will happen with it being moved ?

Yep.
the "Graded" section is for articles that have already been graded and paid out.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

08-21-2021, 10:54 AMZoone16 Wrote:
08-21-2021, 10:33 AMEynhallow Wrote: Thanks.  I do want this graded for $$$$.  I assume that will happen with it being moved ?

Yep.
the "Graded" section is for articles that have already been graded and paid out.
OK.  Thanks.

Rinky you are our Raptor!

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

08-21-2021, 11:20 AMmicool132 Wrote: Rinky you are our Raptor!
I have to admit that I really was kinda confused when I saw all this and the humorous comments on discord that the Griz had traded away their all-time leader in points, hits, PIM etc.  But when you are the only player I guess that works........Ya, lets see what Rinky will do this coming season.  I was able to apply about 75 TPE so his attributes are a bit better than before.  Go Raptors

08-21-2021, 10:34 AMEynhallow Wrote:
08-21-2021, 10:05 AMGeekusoid Wrote: Hey there Rinky I can shed some light on this.

So the deal was negotiated:  we select you to protect and keep you in Colorado in exchange for an IA player and a multitude of picks to help us fill out our roster.

Thanks.  That is what I kinda figured.  I wouldn't have objected to playing with The Griz, btw
I know, and if it were under different circumstances we probably would have kept you…
however just like building relationships with the players, keeping good relations with other GM’s are equally important lol

08-21-2021, 04:00 PMGeekusoid Wrote:
08-21-2021, 10:34 AMEynhallow Wrote: Thanks.  That is what I kinda figured.  I wouldn't have objected to playing with The Griz, btw
I know, and if it were under different circumstances we probably would have kept you…
however just like building relationships with the players, keeping good relations with other GM’s are equally important lol
Yea, don’t wanna burn bridges in the old man’s GM Club amirite

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]