Create Account

S62 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places

The members of Kelowna Knights gave me a warm welcome and the General Manager duo talked with me a lot before or after the Draft. I was really surprised in a positive way about the team so I went in the locker room with many positive feelings and expectations. My first step in the Locker room was amazing. All were hyped and full of love. There is also a really good athmosphere and hope to go forward together with us prospects. After the first step all are there for helping each other and I really like that. I was looking for excactly a Locker room like that. Helpful, amazing and nice members in the locker room. Now I really hope that we will have a good start in the pre season and later also for the regular season. The team cant wait for the start and the locker room is very hot for the start.

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

The moment I came through the locker room doors i was welcomed by an excited Kelowna Knights team. After my pre-draft interview with the Kelowna Scout, it was on the list of places I wanted to go. I realized in the first 30 seconds it was the right place to be. There were no Welcome signs, there was no cake or balloons. There was just a handful of roster players ready to welcome us in. Ignaz Pleyel ( @VillageBC ) thought it would be funny to try a rookie initiation but that died as fast as it started. Other than that, the team was really excited about the draft, who they picked, and the prospect of what we could achieve this coming season. The excitement in the air was better than any welcome sign. After a solid few hours of meet and greet, I was taken to the equipment manager to get geared up for training camp and the coming season. Things were definitely better than I could have imagined.

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

It was a pretty low key affair when I entered the locker room for the first time which is just how I like it.  Everyone was very welcoming and I couldn’t have asked for a better start.  I just introduced myself and made it clear I was ready to work, and I have a lot of work to do.  Someone started speaking in Belter Creole as soon as I entered the locker room, and as I'm a huge Expanse fan, I really appreciated that.  I returned the greeting but then we had both reached our actual limits with that language and went back to normal English.  People like Aksel @mer, Brady @BLBertrand, and Samuel @Tanner have kept the place lively.  @Evok and @Faelax have been very accommodating too.  They keep the place lively with game nights which I haven't been able to participate in yet unfortunately but I'm hoping to in the future.  My first week in the league has been great.  It's funny because before the draft, I had scratched off Quebec as a possible destination.  That all changed when I actually spoke to their GM and scouting department.  I remember telling Tim Riggins @Jearim during the combine, "I kind of hope I end up in Quebec."  After having great conversations with most of the teams and talking to different scouts, I still thought it wasn't likely since they didn't pick until 11th.  As trades were made and people got selected before me, I started to feel like a plinko ball.  While I would have been happy to play most places, I really feel like things landed just right on draft night.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Warrior's story with the Raptors started on the day following the snow storm of the century. When he entered the locker room for the first time, everybody instantly noticed a heavy stench. ''Dude what is that smell?'', yelled one guy. Another player whispered to his teammate: ''Smells like 2-stroke smoke''. Little did they know, he rode all the way to the city on his trusty mount. Warrior dropped his heavy bag. Metallic clunking noises resonated across the room as the crumpled empty light beer cans collided with each other. That's when everybody understood he was one of them. One of the boys. Not a single drop of Gatorade was consumed that day. An incredible amount of hot dogs had to be delivered to the arena. From that day on, a goal was set: fill the cup with that sweet nectar. The team would never ever back down when facing adversity.

I pull up to the ice rink in my brand new bright red sports car with the top down at around 10 AM in true California style with a brand new thousand dollar suit and an even more expensive watch on my wrist. I pull off my brand new Oakley’s and get out of the car and head around to the trunk. I pop the trunk out and pull out another new addition to my collection since my first contract hit my bank account, a brand new hockey bag with all new gear. I head in to the ice rink noticing a sign on the door that says “CLOSED FOR THE DAY: ANAHIEM OUTLAWS TEAM BONDING.” Must be in the right place I think to myself as I show my new team member pass to security. “A new rookie, huh? You’re gonna love it here in sunny California.” The guard waives me back to a locker room with a giant Outlaws logo on the door, I push open the door and I freeze

POP POP

Everyone is dressed in cowboy costumes and Eddie Creller is shooting toy guns at Borje Sameulsson who has a pair of toy guns in his hands as well. “Aw man let’s do it again,” Borje whines. The two men turn around “1, 2, 3!” They both turn around at the same time and pull their toy guns up

POP POP

What the hell did I get myself in to? I think to myself…

Need a sig :-/

I was in Boston visiting family while the draft was happening. I had been waiting for the big moment for so long that I thought I would have been ready to go as soon as my name was said. Turns out that I was not. All the way from Boston to Regina I was a nervous wreck. All of my fears and anxieties vanished as soon as I got off the plane. There was a whole cavalcade of representatives from the Elk as well as the die-hard Elk faithful. There was a make shift parade all the way to the practice rink for the first team meeting that we had. As a new team, Regina really went all out to develop the bonds needed for a good hockey team. The other rookies and I all received a king’s ransom worth of goodies to help get us through are first few weeks in Regina: a whole wardrobe of Elk branded clothing, coupons for restaurants around town, and best of all new equipment for the upcoming season. All in all, it couldn’t have been a better first interaction with the squad and I can’t wait for the season to start.

(198 words)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

GREAT FALLS, MONTANA -  Brain Brettski has just landed at the Great Falls municipal airport, as he steps off the plane he is greeted by his GM's as well as a line of fans with signs welcoming him to the great city of GF! Upon talking to Brain about this first impression of the city, he had these remarks to say; "This is the warmest welcome I have gotten in a while. It reminds me of my home town a lot, same small town atmosphere, but bigger at the same time. Everyone should experience something like this in their lives, and I am truly grateful this city has welcomed me in such a way. I can't wait to give back to them!"

Brain's first trip to the clubhouse was shortly afterward. As all the rookies trickled in, there was a big welcoming banquet to meet and greet current and former players of the organization. Today was all about the welcome, and having a blast doing it. Hockey talk was abundant, but also just getting to know one another and their interests outside of the game and building these relationships are so important for the ice. After the banquet, the rookies got treated to local Great Falls attraction, the Sip 'n Dip Lounge, the mermaid bar in Great falls. "I've never seen anything like it," Brain commented. "This has been a great first experience with everyone on the team and something I will never forget in my life. I can't wait to get to work tomorrow with the guys, and give my all to them in return for this."

Brain is quite looking forward to the season this year, and has very high hopes for the Grizzlies!

Agent Tesla: Alright Dave you have spent your first day with the team. What was it like when you first walked into the locker room?

Dave: It was the most brutal hazing experience I have ever been through having played hockey for decades. You did a really good job talking them into just flat out ignoring me as I walked in. Nobody said a word to me just talked about how they were happy to have Heinrich on the team, and then acting confused that I wasn't there even though I was right in front of them.

Agent Tesla: None of them said a word to you?

Dave: No! It was like I wasn't even there.

Agent Tesla: Did you not put on a body before going to work Dave?

Dave: Put on a what?

Agent Tesla after a profusely drawn out sigh: You are a spirit now Dave and that means that you need to possess a body for people who are not spiritually aware to be able to recognize your presence. I left you a note and a loaner for you in your apartment.

Dave: You mean the mannequin with a bloody note stabbed to its chest that just said 'remember this' was supposed to tell me to possess it?

Agent Tesla: Yes! Now I have to go apologize to the team for you being late for your first day. If not for you already being signed they would probably pull the offer after a stunt like this Dave!

Dave: Great. I'll prostrate myself to them in person just as soon as I figure out how to possess a corpse.

Agent Tesla: You do that Dave!

Code:
Word Count: 278

Walking into a locker room for the first time is always nerve racking. Pushing the door open, taking a step in and not knowing what to expect will cause anyone to be anxious. This was not the case as any anxiety entering was soon relieved with a calm presence. The GM was there and waiting, welcoming all the new faces joining the Berserkers for the first time. Rashford was also there greeting the rookies, helping them find their spot in the locker room and assisting them getting adjusted to the SMJHL. The rest of the boys were welcoming and making the locker room feel like home. Talks of sports and food begun to dominate the conversation. After formal and informal greetings talks of the preseason quickly began to become the central focus. Speculation on what teams would place where and who would get the most points for a rousing discussion. This was only the beginning of the journey with this team and with my teammates. A bond was created upon entering the locker room for the first time. A bond that will last several years regardless of where we all end up

Devin Williams-II walks into the locker room, he looks around, everyone looks at him, he looks back at them. what the heck? he looks just like that one guy, his name was like .. gerry something, but also his name was like his fathers name before him, so why the heck do they look so similar? boom, crossover episode, they're all the same bloodline! except, somehow different, his father before him was a lumberjack.

his entire team explodes into a manic frenzy, nobody knows how to react to this future legend walking into their own locker room, everyone wants an autograph from his forefathers but also no one wants to act like a fangirl expecting the treatment of a legend from him. they all erupt in cheer as he takes his seat in the middle of the garbage bin, for they know that's his rightful throne, no one questions his decision, like his father before him, that's his destiny.

158 words