Create Account

S61 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places

Aldo Huber was immediately on the Kelowna Front Offices shit list as the young Swiss center arrived to the pre-season training camp a day late. Touted as one of the physically strongest players in the SMJHL draft, but near the bottom for his school studies, Huber got on the wrong flight from Switzerland to Abbotsford International and somehow ended up in New Mexico. Once he actually got to the locker room to meet his teammates, the team presented him with a chunk of swiss cheese in his locker stall to potentially start a nickname within the team because like swiss cheese, the young man was not all there. Through their hands, the Kelowna coaching staff were smiling and laughing at the prank and presentation, the players brought Huber out to the ice and showed him what type of training they would end up doing that day. He missed the easy opening welcome day to camp, so straight to business for Aldo Huber.

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

Finn McNast came in as an unknown entity to the Draft. He never expected to be picked highly, in fact he had a nice dinner with his family while the first few rounds ticked by. Given that only half the teams had contact McNast, he wasn't sure exactly where he would go. McNast got the call later that night from the Regina Elk stating that they were excited for him to join the club. There was a mix of relief and excitement as he walked into the locker room and greeted his new teammates. It was easier getting to know everyone given that there were other new faces around and everyone was very pleasant. But underneath that jovial behavior was a shared belief that what we were bringing together could be special. It felt like the first day of a SMJHL dynasty.

After a long day wondering if he would be drafted at all, Shoyo Hinata was drafted by the Colorado Raptors. When he heard his name, Shoyo jumped out of his couch and sprinted to the airport. He had to get to Colorado and meet his teammates. He nearly got lost in the maze of the LivWell arena. All of his stress fell when he met his teammates. Everybody was there to welcome him. All his teammates introduced themselves and some even proposed to show him around. He was surprised to see the commissioner in the locker room, he was there to welcome all the Raptors rookie. Shoyo was happy to see that his fellow countryman Sanjuro Tsubaki had been drafted by the team too. Maybe they will be able to play on a line together.  The team then went to Taco Bell, it was the captain Angus Mcfife that was paying for everybody.

Words : 153

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

Well, first of all I actually was not drafted. Alex Kidd the left winger from Finland was actually taken from some post draft free agency thing we have here so I got to choose my own team. After doing some tasks and claiming some catchup TPE I was able to get invited into the Quebec City locker room and was able to meet a lot of familiar faces such as evok, burrow, infidel, hordle, guriin, deadly player, hoppy and zeagle. Some of whom are actually players for me in the Super Casual Football Sim League. It was a very warm reception as most of these are my friends and I know them quite well so was nice to be part of another league here. They have been very helpful getting me the help I need to make the best player possible in this new league I am now a part of. Hopefully for a long time

Code:
156 words

[Image: lZacrUG.png]

Lewis had just been drafted into the hockey league. He was excited to stretch his legs and run around on the AstroTurf of the hockey field. He had arrived in Great Falls, unaware of the city’s field hockey capabilities. Lewis was also a bit of an outsider due to his surname, HamiltonIsBlessed has a certain connotation throughout these leagues so things didn’t seem so well. Lewis went into shock as he walked into the Great Falls locker room and saw a pile of skates, pads and large hockey sticks. He instantly realised he was no longer in a field hockey team, he had joined the violent, brutal sport of Ice Hockey. He was distraught but his new teammates realised this and instantly came to his aid. Throughout the opening few weeks of his time in his new sport, his new teammates helped Lewis show him the ropes. They taught him how to skate, how to use the stick correctly as well as the rules of the game. The teammates were a great help to Lewis as he started his new adventure in his new sport.

Merlin Metzler was a little late to the party at Newfoundland- but that just meant that all the other players on the team were already on hand to warmly greet him. There was some surprise that he didn't go to Detroit like his uncle, but Merlin has never been particularly like his uncle beyond their shared passion for hockey, and Merlin has a desire to distance himself from the man anyway. He did manage to show up just in time for the send downs to treat the new kids with an expensive dinner, and already knowing how these things worked, he managed to avoid getting stuck with the bill for the entire thing. There was also opportunity to practice with the rest of the team, and Merlin was able to show something he was very much like his father for- a fearless blocker of shots. St John's is a fantastic small town, and Merlin looks forward to bonding with everyone on the squad for the years to come.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Vin Bangsa-Wamy has just walked into the Colorado Raptors locker room for the first time. Most of the returning players were already in the locker room as most of them wanted to get there early to welcome in the new rookies. All of the Raptors were in various states of undress as they were preparing for the first practice of the season. As Vin walked in, some of the players noticed and started to tap their sticks on the ground. As they started to tap their sticks, the rest of the locker room started to join in. Vin took a couple steps towards the middle of the room and looked around with a giant grin on his face, super appreciative of the warm welcome and smiles from the rest of his team. After a couple seconds, the team started to cheer and bombarded him with hugs, hand shakes, and other warm welcomes for the team's first round draft pick.

Code:
159 Words

After the prospect showcase, I flew back home to be with family in time for the draft. I was worried I would be watching late into the night to hear my name be called. When I did hear it at just 23rd overall from the Regina Elk, I was super excited to take the flight to Saskatchewan to meet my teammates for the first time. After our initial greetings, I was told just how special my first goal from the prospect showcase was, even though it took 25 games to get it. And it was true, it was an absolute beauty of a goal, so I'm glad my new teammates could recognize my abilities so quickly. It did not take long to hit the ice with my new team as I began my training for the upcoming season, which will prove to be a very special one as it is the first for this expansion team. I am very excited to get to be a part of it.

(169 words)

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

Sunday, S61 SMJHL draft, Gordie is nervously waiting for the call to tell him he has been selected.  As picks fall off the board round by round, the draft enters the 4th round.  Suddenly a GM reaches out and tells Gordie to be ready, he’s unsure but now believes he will be selected soon.  The GM of the Regina Elk who reached out is now on the clock but selects another player and Gordie returns to his anxious waiting state.  Then only a few picks later the draft screen displays “The Regina Elk selects Gordie Goodenough 50th overall”.

The announcement corresponds with a message from the GM welcoming Gordie to the new expansion team the Regina Elk.  Soon after Goodenough’s junior career is kickstarted, being welcomed into the locker the team provided a clear path for what’s next.  As Gordie got his bearings around Regina’s facilities learning about each room, the team explained the Rookie Tasks, and gave advice for player development.  Now Gordie has a training plan that will help him develop into a contributing center for the Regina Elks as they embark on their inaugural season.

(188 Words)

[Image: ReginaElkLogo.png][Image: ReginaElkLogo.png]

[Image: Sig-4.png]

After declaring for the S61 SMJHL Draft, Stephen was on tender hooks waiting for his name to be called, he had no doubt that he was going to be drafted. Though as the first round of the draft came and went he was still waiting, the second came and went and still no phone call from any team. Was his confidence starting to bite him in the back? Into the 3rd round, surely this had to be it, and so with the 43rd overall pick, he was drafted by the Anaheim Outlaws. And so that were he would start his professional career. The first time he walked in to the locker room, he stopped right on the edge of the door trying to memorize this moment he worked so hard to get too. The first face he saw was Sconnie McHitts, who immediately came over to welcome Stephan and introduce himself. Sconnie then introduced Stephan to Tallas the GM of Anaheim. There were lots of rookie starting with Anaheim this season and so a large fun get to together was organized, including Pizzas (the only junk food to be allowed this season!) a few beers and other drinks. The team also laid on a trip to a go-kart ring the following day, hopefully the trip would engrouge the competitive nature of all the player and act as a way breaking though the ice in a competitive but friendly environment. (239 Words)

Ezra Wong walks into the locker room for the first time. All of the players are already in the locker room, as Ezra had to meet some of the coaching staff before meeting the players. All eyes were on him, being a descent of the Wong family lineage and all. From hall of famers like Ben and Hunter, to players with well respected careers like Gabriel, and then failures like Logan, the pathway for Ezra does not look as straight forward as it did for past Wongs. There was finally a bust. After a short awkward silence from the players, the captain of the team went up to Wong and congratulated him on making it to the team. The rest of the players welcomed Ezra to the team, before beginning the first practice. The team let Wong do his first skate around all on his own, just like the pros do on a rookie’s first career game. This won’t be the only time Ezra takes a lap for himself, but he is ready to begin his pro career.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

Entering the draft, Kentaro Kikuchi had many teams showing interest in him. He declined interviews from some, citing lack of positional opportunity. He made it clear that he wanted to go to one of the expansion teams, Great Falls or Regina. All social effort was put into those two teams. The strategy clearly worked, as Kikuchi went to Regina in the 4th round. He entered the locker room with a pepto bismol covered hot dog in his hand. A very intimidating choice of snack, he was immediately introduced by the team GM, Overdoo. The introduction was to hopefully lessen Kentaro's intimidation. A fighter by choice, he was asked to tone it down a little for the upcoming season. The social customs are much different here in Regina. Kentaro likes to express himself through humor and sarcasm. He felt at peace when Rebecca Montagne constructed a nice portrait of him. Something he showed off to all his family and friends. (159 words)

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

PBE PT

Christian Kinsinger sat around on draft day for a lot longer than expected. That had him pretty down as we went into the 3rd round and he was still on the board. Fortunately for Kinsinger, he didn't have to wait too long into the 3rd round before finally being selected by the Kelowna Knights. At that point it was mostly relief to finally have a home, but once Kinsinger finally found his way to Kelowna and met his new teammates, the excitement kicked in. Everyone seemed not only excited to have Kinsinger there, but they were so excited to be able to get him at such a late pick in the draft. Everyone was very welcoming, and it was a lot of fun even from day #1. There was no special party or anything, but just a very nice welcoming from everyone for Kinsinger and all the rest of Kelowna's new draftees.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]