Create Account

Mike Hroch hangs 'em up
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2021, 11:56 AM by Jabs.)

Kraken Kraken Kraken Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Inferno Inferno Inferno Inferno Inferno

Backup goalie extraordinaire Mike Hroch announced his retirement from the Simulation Hockey League today, effective at the conclusion of the upcoming Season 61.

Hroch played three seasons with the Carolina Kraken, three full seasons with the New England Wolfpack, and what will finish as six seasons with the Atlanta Inferno, spending his days in a support/bench role for the entirety of his time in the SHL. The 7 foot, 6 inch goalie was an imposing figure on the ice - weighing in excess of 350 pounds, very early in his career scouts desribed his "Size" rating as 99 back when that terminology was widely used. But off the ice, Hroch was as cuddly as a cartoon hippopotamus. He enjoyed chatting with his teammates and gorging on fast food after a well-deserved win.

The Czech Hippo took the big leagues by storm in Season 53, leading all qualified goalies in GAA (0.70) while saving 95.8% of his shots with New England. He was selected in the expansion draft in Season 56 as a founding member of the Atlanta Inferno and also led the league in save percentage (95.8%) that season.

Though Hroch did not know much about hockey when he began tryouts for the SMJHL, it was his goal to go down in history as one of the best and most valued backup goalies ever to take the ice. Did he achieve that goal? I'm not sure, as I still don't know much about hockey statistics at all. If someone wants to write a magnum opus detailing Hroch's statistical arguments as the GOAT backup, I will Venmo you five American dollars.

Mike Hroch won the Four Star Cup in his rookie minors season with the Carolina Kraken. A major league ring has eluded him to this point, but Hroch recently accepted a one year deal with a home-town discount from @hotdog to try and win one before his knees give out completely. What is in store for Season 61, no one knows.

Inferno

OOC: Thank you to everyone who chatted with me and made my feel welcome during my time in the SHL. I had a blast during our championship season with the Kraken, and have enjoyed great conversations during my time with the Wolfpack and Inferno. I appreciate everyone in the aforementioned locker rooms dealing with my shitposting and tipsy banter as you tried to explain hockey to me. Thank you hotdog for being a great friend I hope I was worth the draft/expansion picks both times. Wink

Kraken    Wolfpack    Inferno
Player Page  •  Update Page  •  Twitter  •  PBE Affiliate
[Image: oie_t51Jz8170MQ6.gif]
[Image: ZvQVgxr.png]

1st ballot hof

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

the goat

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

what a legend

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Was an honor to play with you!

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

stick taps to ya jabs

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

salute to a legend!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

\_ \_ \_

Always been an honor, take care my dude!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Was amazing having you in Kraken! Happy retirement!

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

_/ _/ _/

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

legend

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

the man who stole a 4 star cup

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Goaltending legend

[Image: bloomfield.png]
[Image: NEW_Team_final.png][img=0x280]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/789216032630898779/789216043259265024/unknown.png?width=1103&height=613[/img]

Awesome career, fellow netminder!

[Image: Wally.png]

incredible goalie, incredible guy

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]