Create Account

Catch-Up TPE

So today I was pinged in a Deep Dive talking about the top 5 picks of the draft, nothing unusual yet. I'm at 226 TPE, with what I think is all I can claim to date, having recreated when the retirement post happened. But I see in the article that JayWhy, who created in the same SHL week(SHL weeks start on Mondays, it's when a new Activity Check is posted and when you can claim another Training), is at 230 TPE. Odd. I know there's 1 of the 4 extra TPE that he got from the Mock Draft, because he had 1 more right answer than I did, but where's the other 3? I start searching in his update thread, but nothing jumps out right away as something I hadn't claimed yet. That's when I see he claimed week 5 of Catch-Up TPE, while I claimed week 4, awarding him 3 more TPE, which is strange because again, we created on the same SHL week. But reading the thread, he did no mistake and actually claimed the right week, because according to that thread, catch up TPE weeks start on Sundays.

Why on Sundays you might ask. I reached out to a SMJHL HO member and the answer I got was that it's because the Trade Deadline happened on a Sunday. I do understand that, but it still doesn't make it right. So here JayWhy was able to claim the same AC I did, and the same training, but got 3 more TPE from the catch-up because of a technicality (and rightly so again, JayWhy is absolutely not in the wrong here). It is only 3 TPE sure, that's why I'm not Madge at all and I'm posting here in the SHL Discussion section rather than making a full on TD, because I think it should still be fixed to be fair to everyone. The TDL lands on any days of the week, we shouldn't base the whole thing on that. JayWhy didn't miss anything compared to me and other Retirement post creates, so he shouldn't get any more than us. You should get more Catch-Up TPE because you missed more weeks.

Here's my proposition. Week 0 of Catch-Up is the week the TDL was in, no matter how long it is. The people that created in that week get to claim the AC and the Training of that week, so it's only fair. So in the current case, week 0 would only be a day, Sunday the 17th of July, the day of the TDL. Then week 1 would be the next week, because following the logic of the Catch-Up TPE (I don't necessarily agree with how much it's giving, but I'm following what is currently being used), and they would get 3 TPE for the AC and Training they missed the week before. And so on and so forth

I posted this here cause I wanted to hear what other users thought, after I feel I got a pretty underwhelming answer from the SMJHL HO member I spoke to, pretty much only telling me that it was based on the TDL and that's how it was, and maybe they would look into it in the future, but I didn't feel like my point was understood.

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

tfw user that creates later ends up with more TPE because of catch up, SMJHL HO please fix

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

makes sense

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

NGL i don't think there should be catch-up TPE at all for Re-creates, but that's just me. I thought Catch-up TPE was supposed to give new users who found the site late a shot at catching up.

I'm not going to fall on a sword debating it though, that's just my take on it, lol.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

08-25-2021, 04:48 PMWashed-up trash Wrote: NGL i don't think there should be catch-up TPE at all for Re-creates, but that's just me. I thought Catch-up TPE was supposed to give new users who found the site late a shot at catching up.

I'm not going to fall on a sword debating it though, that's just my take on it, lol.
i actually agree with this, catch-up should really only be for people who create during the season to get them at least close to the rest of their draft class

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Catch up tpe bad change my mind

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

I apologize that you felt your point wasn't understood, however I wish you would have talked more to me about it so I could've understood it. I told you we'd look into adjusting it for the future, I'm not going to guarantee that we'll change it considering the next TDL isn't set for 66 something games through the season, as well I'm not sure how we'd go about retroactively fixing it for this current season's catch-up TPE. However, we definitely could have talked more about it had you felt the need to.

Fwiw I think @"Washed-up trash" has a valid consideration about not allowing re-creates to claim catch-up since the original intention was the focus on first gens who had no idea about the best time to create. However, I also worry that discussion could lead to situations where people who left or retired for one reason or another are dissuaded from returning at an inopportune time because they'd be behind as well.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

And here I am, a S54 first gen who created 40 minutes before my draft. Oops.

Catch-up TPE is a thing?

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

double all rookie TPE, abolish the 350 cap, seize the means of TPE

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Abolish the 350 cap fr tho

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Everyone talking about Ketchup TPE when I'm over here eating Mustard TPE. 0 calorie TPE my friends.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

vote of no confidence in catch up TPE masters

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

So this is how catch-up TPE dies . . . with thunderous applause.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Yea, kill catchup tpe!

but let me keep mine

Fine Hamilton

[Image: lebbish.gif]