Create Account

S61 SMJHL PT #2 - Tactical meeting

PBE Affiliate

PBE PT

G A Y H E G H O G

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

peepee poopoo

[Image: Cody-Rhodes-American-pro-wrestler-2022.jpg]

For Skoda's line it is pretty simple for their tactics. First they must get the puck. Then be able to pass it and skate into the offensive zone. Next its all about positioning here. One in front of the net, on in the other side of the puck and one with the puck. This part is vert crucial. The winger with the puck will pass it to the other side to the waiting winger. But this winger will not shoot he will pass it to the center in front. But hold up the center is not going to shoot he is going to pass it back to the winger who passed it to him. Next that winger will pass it to the defense who will pass it back and forth twice. Then the left defensemen will end with the puck and pass it to the winger on the left. This in turn will cause part 3 of the tactic. Nothing but shooting. Only taking shots from here on out and no passing. You touch the puck you must shoot. This line is full of shooters only. Defense is optional for this line.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

Tactics can change a little bit, especially if the team happens to lose a few games, or if a line isn’t performing well juggling functional lines may help benefit everyone and get 3 or 4 working lines. For an example of the juggling, my player Christian Kinsinger’s tactics were changed from Quarterback, after a tough start, to “in the press box”. Kinsinger’s tactic has been Quarterback including after being let back in the lineup, thanks to his offensive talents. To pair with a offensive talent like that you need someone reliable next to them. Like a Karlsson, you need a Methot next to them, and for Kinsinger you have reliable fellow rookie Ben Jammin as an old school defenseman. The combination of the 2 is a classic (maybe even… old school?) defensive deployment tactic of an offensive guy with a long leash and the stay at home reliable guy there to cover up the empty space. Those GMs in Kelowna have some pretty good tactics I’d say.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Skoda isn't much of a tactical genius despite his love of board games, Skoda feels as though there is this one special set play that he drew up that will take his team over top and bring the team to the next level. The play is quite simple, and in that it is so beautiful. The play revolves a break with both wingers and at least the center or a speedy defenseman. The play involves both wingers running crossing routes, but full on obliteration of the other players cover, and preferably directly in front of the net so that the trailing center has time to wind up an absolute bomb and bang it in from max distance. Now there is a pesky thing called the rules but Skoda figures that the best offense is a completely made up offense that is so stunning in its efficiency and danger that the refs would be too mind blown in order to actively call the rules as they see them.

[Image: Off.gif]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: lZacrUG.png]

The Kraken head office wanted to have a talk with Ka Chow about the upcoming season and to talk about tactics and how and where the head office expects him to play for the season and their expectations. They open the meeting by asking how he wants to play personally. Ka Chow responds "I would like to play a two-way game and try and make plays in both ends". The head office then goes on to tell him that he will be playing with Tanner Fox this season as the third pairing on the defensive end. With so much veteran presence on the back end, they don't see him playing on the power play and a 3rd paring on the penalty kill with Vincent Fox as his partner. They said that he showed great promise in the preseason and that over the 66 regular-season games that things can change if things are not working.

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png] [Image: iB9r7kM.png]

Paired up with Barry B. Benson and Sam Siege, Jones’ is a really good compliment to the other skills on Regina’s second line. Benson has all the playmaking skills to get the puck to either of his linemates, and Siege is a hard working counter attacking forward that can turn the puck back to the offensive zone at a moments notice. Then there's Jones. Hard hitting and aggressive in the defensive end, once he hits the offensive end is when all hell breaks loose. With Benson and McNast being the two main guys to start the passing in the zone, that leaves Jones free to just cause havoc in front of the opposing teams netminder. If the puck drops down low, Jones smothers the opposing players and aggressively gets the puck back under Regina control. He has the skills to be useful moving the puck around the zone and cycling, but you know the first place you will find him is parked right in front of the net.

Quote:168 Words

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]

PBE affiliation

The day I stepped into the locker room for the first time everybody greeted me and we immediately strategized and talked about where I stand amongst all the goalies. I was thinking in the back of my head, "Will i get second string" or "Will I get third string". Coming into this all the other teams who scouted me were all telling me I wouldn't be the starting goalie for the team. But then as I hear the words come out of my coach's mouth that I would be the starting goalie for them I was jubilated. I had a bad preseason but I guessed I showed some nice stuff on the ice so I earned the starting goalie spot. So to answer the question where I stand in the Tactical side of my team is, im the starting goalie for my team and doing decent through this first week. All of the defense lines have been really helpful to me so I couldn't have been on a better team to start my career.

(Words: 177)

[Image: unknown.png]

UPDATE PAGE

As an un drafted free agent I am looking to join a team that will be able to utilize my ability to be very offensive and be a wizard with the puck on my stick. I look forward to being used in very heavily offense situations on five on five hockey and then also used a lot on the power play to be able to utilize all of my talents to the fullest extent. I really think one special situation a team could use me for is putting me on forward every once and a while. I am very good with positioning at any position on the ice and I want to be able to help my team the best I can in any way. Looking at the defensive size of things, it would not be the best idea to put me on the penalty kill just yet un less it is needed badly.

154 words

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Sitting down with Ham, it was clear what my role was going to be at the start - play hard, play fast, and pass often. Until I got my skates underneath me, I was going to be a bruiser - third line, making sure that the other team couldn’t take a second off on the ice. I was expected to sit at the top of the break, and feed the puck. I swallowed hard, and looked him in the eye.

“I don’t want to do that, Ham.”

Ham blinked.

“That’s where we’re gonna play you, mate. You’re a rookie for now - we’ll see how you progress and if we can bump you up a line. But my main goal is to win this season - and you’re gonna be a cog in the machine that leads us to back to back cups.”

I exhaled. I knew that I was going to have to be a team player, but I wasn’t sure I wanted to get pigeonholed into a role I didn’t want to play.

Ham looked at me.

“Does that sound good?”

I smiled.

“I’ll do my best to make it a hard decision on you.”

[Image: vo42C2b.png]
[Image: hTIaaQX.gif]
HIT SOMEBODY

Cheers to tweedledunn and supertardis101 for the awesome signatures!

As a defensive center with a focus on face offs, and starting out on the 4th line for the Kelowna Knights, I think its pretty obvious what type of role I will play for my line and my team. I expect to play low, but hard and grindy minutes against other teams. Offense, goals and even points are not a main objective for me to have. Limiting other teams opportunities and wearing out the other players is what I want to have. Even taking huge defensive zone face offs, winning them and jumping off of the ice for actual points getters on the team is who I am as a player. I have DJ Monaco, an aggressive fore-checker on my left wing and Wayne Glensky, a counterattacking winger on my right wing, so we go hard into the boards and try to keep our opponents just there, against the boards and tired. As I grow as a player in the SMJHL, I hope that I will be able to dish out more assists and become a bit of a play maker, but defense is my first and foremost priority as a player.

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

Alright, I know absolutely nothing about hockey so its basically impossible for me to formulate a good strategy. In the status quo I'm gonna go with our strategy being to avoid playing me as much as possible. First, there's no way a dino is good on skates. It just isn't going to happen. Second, I think I'm the second best GK on the team which means we should probably be playing the best guy so we can chase titles. That makes a lot of sense to me. Third, if I don't know anything about hockey and can't skate I assume my player knows nothing about hockey. So you're putting a dinosaur who isn't even our best GK on skates and in front of a goal in a game he doesn't know how to play. That feels like a recipe for disaster, so we should relegate Skating Dino to the end of the bench to guard the water cooler and hand out towels.