Create Account

S61 SMJHL PT #2 - Tactical meeting

Paul Koivu is going to be playing on the first line with the GOAT Cole Carter and Alimony Tony. The main idea of our tactics is that both Koivu and Tony are very good at passing and making plays, and Cole Carter, also known as GOAL Carter, is very good at scoring goals. So all we do is pass to Cole Carter and he puts it in the net. But eventually, the other team realises that, so it doesn't work anymore. But that's when part two starts. The other team starts covering Carter very well, which makes me and Tony completely open. And that's when we score. After that, they don't know what to do. If they cover hard Carter, me and Tony are completely open, but if they start covering us, Carter finds a way to get open and we pass to him and he scores easily. This is why the first line for Anchorage will be one of the best in the league

165 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Yannick Svoboda is a player who knows how to play on both ends of the ice. In the offensive zone he is a pass first type of player who enjoys setting up his teammates for some goals. Off the puck, he is tenacious in trying to strip the puck off the other team. Eventually, he would ideally have a role on both the powerplay and penalty kill, but as he develops his offensive talents more he is only killing penalties for now. Starting the season on the third line, he is lucky to be paired with a goal scoring winger on the other side, so hopefully the line will be able to provide a slight boost to the team's secondary scoring. For now he will mostly settle into providing some defense to round out the bottom 6. In the future, however, look for Yannick Svoboda to appear more and more on the score sheets, as well.

(157 words)

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

Sanjuro Tsubaki is an offensive weapon, and while he’s still trying to find his best place on the ice, the current plan is to place him somewhere on the right side of the net (right meaning the goalie’s right, Tsubaki is a left winger) and have him set up a good shot, take in a pass, and fire as hard as he can, right past the goalie. His role is that of a sniper, meaning that his job is to find holes in the defense and shoot through them, both from long and short range. He needs to be able to shoot quickly, so fast that the goalie or defender has no time to get set, leaving them unable to stop the puck as it flies past them. He needs to be fast, to get an open and clear shot without being intruded upon by a defenseman. He needs to be able to receive passes cleanly, since misjudging a pass may lead to a bad shot or even turnover.

Code:
169 words

Here at the Nevada Battleborn, we pride ourselves on working from the back end up. As with boats, the entirety of the hull has to be one solid piece and any holes need to be plugged as soon as possible. 

Well we’ve solved our problem with our patented (pending) breakthrough idea, every person on the team consumes one single potato right before the match. This one potato provides plus one stamina to everyone on our team and gives our team that extra edge! That extra stamina allows everyone on the team to communicate better, not being hungry means we’re less likely to be agitated, allows a later drop off which gives us an edge in OT, And weirdly allows blocked shots to hurt less? Not sure how that makes sense but that’s what the data shows. 

Enough about off-ice tactics, on the ice we employ the tactic known as quick passing to get the puck out of our zone, just a simple one-two, or a one-two-three pass and we’ve managed to avoid danger and are able to quick-transition into a swift offensive zone attack.

(184 words, I checked with google docs this time  Wink )

Merlin Metzler doesn't necessarily consider himself a dab hand at tactics, but he knows how to handle his blue line. It's a two person effort. It's important that he deeply trusts the man down the other end of that blue line. The best blue lines are manned by twins, some say- people who are truly in sync with each other, down to finishing each others sentences. Perhaps the best blue line of all was guarded by a married couple- a pair of high school sweethearts who had also been to the same middle school, elementary school and kindergarten. Indeed, a strong marriage is the best way to set up a blue line, for in the best marriages, when one falters, the other picks up the slack without thinking, without even needing to comment on it or seek approval from their partner. It was in this spirit, therefore, that Merlin Metzler first decided on his plan with Sabarro Torretta.

"You go right, and I'll go left."
"Got it."

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

So in talking with my teammates, I'm going to just tell them to play their game, but if nothing is clean, gimme the puck and I'll try to do the rest. I'm not going to be a one man show, but I'm gonna be willing to take messy shots. As long as they don't get blocked and create odd man rushes, it's all good. We've got a fast line, so we're going to be all over those rebounds and loose pucks.

My player specifically will be working on the tactics of peppering the goalie with shots. Ya know, the shotgun approach. Something's gonna hit.

I told my teammates about this and they just responded with "so there's a chance?".

I told them that I'm already at a twenty percent shooting percentage and that something is obviously working. I'm down to clown and just keep throwing pucks at the net. Some of em' have eyes and they find the back. I'll take that while I'm young.

I'm definitely going to be working on my accuracy, which makes it even easier. Get open, take the shot, score... at least some of the time.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Special teams and defensive tactics are the specialty of Aleksei Volkov. This Russian fourth line center is looking to improve his game in important areas of the game and be a crucial part of the success for the Maine Timber. Currently averaging about 10 minutes of ice time per game Volkov is looking to progress (207 total TPE, if math is correct), improve and pay his dues. Sitting at a minus two after 5 games is unacceptable and the only way to improve that stat is to focus on defense. Poke checking, hitting, winning those defensive zone faceoffs. You know the drill. This center isn't afraid to assume his role on the Timber and fill a role that is necessary for success. Any role that is asked, any line that Volkov is deployed on, he's ready to get it done. Drafted in the fourth, Volkov is looking to turn heads and show other teams that he should've been drafted higher. (163 words)

ISFL Ultimus Week - Affiliate

[Image: CnPenxE.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2021, 10:26 PM by rodrigo363.)

We are a young team with a lot to grow in the different facets of this beautiful sport, but that does not prevent us from having a great game and trying to advance day by day. Being in this organization forces you to play great hockey and with the passage of time with the companions we got to know each other and with the help of the experienced ones we are adjusting things to achieve victory.
I belong to the third line and as a playmaker I try to take the initiative to cross the zone and be able to partner with the wings to achieve triangulations to score or directly assist or assist them to score goals. We do not have an offensive attitude but we know how to act as a counter-attack, being direct to take advantage of the spaces left by the rival to score goals and thus reach victory.

So I’m a total hockey newbie and don’t really know what lines are but here goes. Tactically wise this year the Anaheim Outlaws are looking to play a nice swift free flowing game of hockey, with the intention of moving the puck quickly from one side of the rink to another with little time of keeping it still. The idea behind this resolve around our team of mainly rookies not have the best technical skills. So be employing a fast flowing game, the time needed for skill full play should be reduced. However as the season progress the tactic will change allowing for more time to be spent on skilful moves to create the required space. For my player Stephan Gill (Centre) Im to be unitised in an playmaker style role. Trying to create the opportunity for other members of the team to score. As the team and season progress these tactics will change to best represent the specific skill that our management team require. So hopefully midway through the season the tactics should be similar to the rookies but different enough that any team will have to find news ways to counter them.

PBE PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Jacques has a lot to make up for due to his unwarranted and small disposition. He does what he can to make up for this. He has many aspirations, such as owning a lifted pickup with giant truck nuts underneath. Truly a visionary. Anyways, the way Lilcoque will compensate, I mean approach the game is simple. ATTACK. The best attack is attack and the best defense is an attack from behind, thats right, Aggression will be on display as forechecking makes up for the giant void in Jacques trousers. Really it is simple, no matter where Jacques is placed, the attack is attacking, the puck must be hounded and Ezra Wong must be given the puck. That is the mission statement and end all. Unfortunately the Coach disagrees about attack, and thus there is no room currently on special teams for the under endowed, however Lilcoque feels there will be growth in the future.

I am currently on the third line of the Anaheim Outlaws, I am being played as a defensive player and upgrading my stats to match that. We are going to try and assume a counter attacking defense, hopefully with my speed we can start putting something together. I still need to upgrade my handling and passing to be able to fit more into this scheme however. There has been some discussion about putting me on the penalty kill as well which I find interesting, and would love to be a part of. We have another potential center joining us as well who would join my line, he is a sniper and would allow us to generate much more offense. Overall our line, and our team, have a lot of work to put in. This is our rebuild season and we are expecting the worse, however we are preparing for the near future everyday.

WC:153
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2021, 11:25 PM by Gordon Bombay.)

PBE introduction PT My username on PBE is Honda.

• Kentaro Kikuchi is the trigger-man of his line. He has one of the best shots in the SMJHL. He's not a one trick pony however, as he spent his childhood perfecting his skating. That speed will be important when getting open for his teammates. He is also quite strong, and can outmuscle his opponents to gain the open ice. Kentaro's teammates will always be looking to pass him the puck in order to get some free assists. Especially on the powerplay, where he can set up in a certain spot. In the defensive zone, Kentaro is not afraid to lay out in front of giant slapshots. He's also very good with his stick, thanks to great hand-eye coordination. Any opponent looking to enter the zone will probably lose the puck when trying to get past Kentaro. All-in-all, Kentaro's playstyle will be of a strong, physical sniper. Despite his low draft position, he will be the one to watch in this upcoming season.

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]