Create Account

S61 SMJHL PT #2 - Tactical meeting

You've settled in into your lockerroom and gotten to know all your new teammates. The preseason went well, and your GMs want to talk to you before the upcoming regular season games. They're trying to pieve together your line and would like your input on the tactics and strategy they have in mind.
Written option: What kind of tactics is your line going to deploy? How does your player fit into these tactics? Can be 5-on-5 tactics, special teams, defensive tactics, offensive tactics, surprise us.
Must include 150 words.
Graphic option: Show your player in his/her tactical role. Must include the role and player name.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S61 SMJHL Rookies (S62 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE or NSFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, September 5th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

This is a broad question, as tactics can be very specific or very broad on a team and it can depend what type of opponent you are facing. Creller is a very agile player who likes to battle in front of the net, but against teams with physically strong defenders his methods need to change a little. While not a small player, his gameplay would need to adjust against larger defensemen who can bench press cars, taking his game more into the corners and beating them in a race to the slot when the puck is free.

As for an actual tactic to employ, a 1-2-2 system through the neutral zone, while employing a crash the net style upon entering the zone would work well, but also depends greatly on whichever linemates he currently has. Sconnie McHits and Connor Bouchard would be a good trio but having good defenseman behind them is key as keeping the puck in the zone is crucial

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

When playing goaltender you need to coach your team as much as you can, there are no specific instructions for your line, you just need to be there and stop the pucks from going in. While the pre-season went a bit rough for Rebecca Montagne, the backup posted win after win, while Montagne played in the losses. She needs to get used to her teammates more and hopefully the next few games will help grow her towards building a better communication with the players in front of him. A lot is expected of both Albert Luck and Titanus Mosuru who will be forming the first pairing, while Finn McNast and Theo Berglund will be the second pairing. The third pairing will be Josiah Hansen and Petyr Olindyr. With these six players in front of her, Montagne hopes to be able to get her first win of her career tonight, but she can’t do it alone, she needs to be able to trust her defenseman making the right decision.

The first opportunities to achieve this will happen today as Montagne will play against the Anchorage Armada and the Great Falls Grizzlies, two teams that probably will be hard to beat, Conner McLavish will play against the Kelowna Knights, who are expected to do worse than the other two.

Words: 217

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

it's no surprise to anyone that Alexej Komarek is an offensive weapon in the making. His skillset as determined by scouts leading into his availability in free agency were highlighted by his soft hands and his natural ability to always be in the right place at the right time in the offensive zone. With that in mind, we can expect Komarek to be deployed as one of the go to "finishers" on his line. That said, his passing is nothing to scoff at either, so realistically the coach could slot Komarek into any line that needs a little bit of a spark offensively. Being a young player, it's still unsure if Komarek will see powerplay time. He has the tools, but not the experience. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take over the mantle of running power play 2 at some point during the season. as for other special teams, his below average defensive ability probably keeps Komarek off the PK and his average skating makes him an option, although probably not the best one, for 4on4 time.

Jarrow is looking to do whatever he can out there to impress the coach. He is likely going to be seeing limited ice-time to start his career but when he is out there he will try and limit his opponents chances. Get in hard on the forecheck and finish his checks when they are there. The Armada coach has recognized that Jarrow is a unique and special player and has tried not to get too technical with the x's and o's. He is aware that with some players a different approach is needed and Spack is one of these players.

The ultimate goal of this season for Jarrow is to get acclimated to the North American style of game, and his teammates. In addition, his hopes are to play well enough to gain the trust from management to be given a chance on the penalty kill and perhaps even be given the opportunity to shadow the opposing teams best player in a shutdown role. Of course this isn't going to happen today or even tomorrow but with hard work, dedication, and a bit of luck, Jarrow can achieve his dreams.

[ 194 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

Hello! Jeff Larsson is known for his solid defensive game, so he is on a 2-way line along with Konecny and AllBran. His role fit is an embarrassing 3, but he's still hoping to be able to produce at a better level than what we saw in preseason, as we saw him get updated into a 234 TPE player. Playing on this line with this company should be a good test for Larsson, as he will likely be returning to shutdown/defensive responsibilities as he was in the prospect showcase and in preseason, where he had almost the same line mates but with Konecny as his center instead of Andrews. Larsson wasn't able to produce at the level that we were all hoping for in the showcase, but he put up a respectable 2 goals for 3 points in 7 games, and this was before he got updated. Keeping him in a similar position but with more TPE should prove useful for the Berserkers, but we shouldn't see much change or adaptation needed from Larsson as he's played shutdown duties often enough.
This PT (not including this message) was 182 words according to wordcounter.com

Links: Updates | Player Page | Bank
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2021, 10:20 AM by duffleman2002.)

When you are playing goalie you need to be there for your team and coach, and the team needs to be there for you. My job is to stop the puck from going into the net and giving my team a chance to win night in and night out. The pre-season was a bit rough for me, but as I get to know my teamates and as they get to know me. We will be able to trust each other. As a goalie the team defense is important to block shots the goalie may not be able to stop, or block passes arcoss the ice or clearing the puck out of zone. All these factors help a goalie and help the team win. With Marcel Beck and Matej Winters on the first pairing a lot is expceted of them to help with proctecting the net, while Ethan Bouchard and Mars Stanton make up the second pairing, even being on the second pairing can be a big help to a goalie.

(171)

[Image: duffleman2002.gif]

I am lined up with SD Core and Pope Coswi, we are starting on the 4th line but what we will bring isn’t the typical 4th line you have seen. Although we still may be gritty, we are also dangerous offensively. More so than you might think. First with SD Core, he is a shadow, he will be taking down the oppositions best offensive threat on the opposing line. While SD is shutting them down, he opens up Pope and I to be the offensive threats, Pope being a playmaker will set up the plays, and with me being the garbage collector scorer I will be dunking them into the net. However, I am also good at passing so I am not the only scoring threat there is, although Pope is a playmaker, he can set up plays that give him the easy goal. We will be the most dangerous 4th line you will face.

Be ready if you can, the tactics in mind speaking just offensively SD is our 1st guy in as he will be ontop of the other teams players, think Brandon Tanev like, while Pope will be our puck carrier with me being 3rd guy in to collect on rebounds or get open for a one time pass, with our amazing D-men ready to also be a back up shut down force behind SD.

Berserkers Patriotes Finland
[Image: EX8JdSr.png][Image: yGcdOWc.png][Image: Bphj82E.png] [Image: BxfKXyg.png] Credit to Redderder15 for the sig
[Image: UDU9SiD.gif]

Aksel Fiske made a modest performance in the preseason, picking up 1G, 1A, and a game winning goal during shootouts. After some feedback from coach Faelax and some extra time in the gym, he’s prepared for the season.

The lineup for the season has Fiske LW on the 3rd line, with Selich as his center and Bertrand as RW. It’s a solid start on a team like Quebec, and French Canadian Bertrand is an excellent winger to pair with. There’s only one issue.

Fiske is not good at picking up languages - English was hard enough, and he started that at a young age - so when his Canadian teammates would gossip in French he’d just zone out.

He can’t rightly do that when the GM and coach are planning tactics. When Evok heads back to her office, he bothers Bertrand.

“What did they say?”

“We need to hug the boards, we’re missing breakout opportunities. Watch for Yankovic’s wide pass.”

At practice the next day, it’s the same.

“What was that?”

“When Selich gets the puck, he’ll sprint ahead and we’ll maintain a triangular formation behind.”

And after practice ends.

“What did they tell you? Was it a new formation? Should I be passing instead of shooting? Skating around the goal until there’s an opening?”

“… they recommended a poutine place.”

Fiske needs to learn French.

226 words

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Well Ignaz Pleyel, we were a little light on goals last season and we really like what you can bring to the table. Your net front presence game is good, you're big and strong with good balance and able to push off the defense and get open when needed. While it's a big ask for a rookie season, we are going to push you up the lineup and give you a chance to shine on the 2nd line. You've been working hard in pre-season though and you've earned this chance. If you can put up some numbers there, we'll look at some power play time but first we'll focus on the even strength game. We've paired you with defensively responsible line mates while you get acclimated to the speed of this new league and continue to work on your skills when you don't have the puck. You've already improved quite a bit from the draft, we have confidence you can do this.

174 Words.

[Image: I3BTEQc.png] [Image: oMh09WY.png] [Image: pxjucze.png]

Zayne Dangle shines in his defensive role, not so much on the offensive part just yet. Currently, the plan is to play more of a shutdown style defensive player with Rovolio Clocksberg Jr. Updating to a 229 TPE player should see the offensive abilities start to shine. While we will see a lot of time on the ice with the 4th forward line, they are just as capable of scoring. Speedy forward Shoyo Hinata should be able to race in deep and win the puck battles on the dump in. Then you can expect to see Dangle take big shots from the blue line as Vin Bangsa-Wamy plays a playmaker role and looks to dish the puck out in the offensive zone. Sanjuro Tsubaki will look to find a favorable position on the ice to use his incredible sniper-like shot to put puck into the net. Expect as the season moves forward to see increasing offensive ability from the 3rd pair defense.

(161)

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

ISFL Ultimus Week
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2021, 11:52 AM by Michiganonymous.)

[Image: 5JCX5Al.jpeg]

[Image: michiganshl.gif]

Well, the Detroit Falcons only have two right wings on the roster right now and Oskar Von Walther is technically the highest right wing on the team by TPE so he could theoretically slot into the first line but his poor showcase and pre-season performance probably makes that highly unlikely. I think it's more likely he lines up on either the second or third line with Monsieur Pingu or Marco Barengrub at center respectively.  I believe the Falcons experimented with playing Pingu and Wet Jeans (a natural left wing) on the right wing so you could have a line Pingu-Murphy- Yan Dollf as your top line with Von Walther-Barengrub-Zukal or  SixNine-Barengrub-Zukal as your second line which would then make Von-Walther-Rivic-Daz your third line. It depends on how the skills of each player mesh and what the Detroit General Manager thinks is the optimal lineup. Traditionally I would put Von Walther on either the first second line because he is primarily an offensive player but you could argue that because his defense is so bad, he'd have an easier time defending the other team's third line offense then their first line offense.

I obviously wouldn't play him on the powerkill at all because he's absolutely not there from a defensive standpoint.

Quote:210 Words

According to the coaches, it sounds like I'm (Cup Noodle) going to be employed on the 2nd defensive pairing as well as the PP And PK. The hope is that I'll be able to get forward from defense and provide another proven option that can either open up the ice with deft passing or even fill the slots myself, looking to creep into the middle of the ice just behind the front line. As a defender though, it will be crucial to have the awareness to be able to read the play and pick the right moments to go forward, while also being ready to turn and chase if necessary. On the powerplay, I'm hoping to be a real difference maker as I'll turn into basically a 4th offensive player who can collect at the blue line and collapse down on the defense, or play off the puck and find the zones to collect a pass from behind the goal and elevate it to light the lamp. All of this will obviously be buoyed by a solid defensive effort, but I really hope to be a sparkplug that can lift the team offensively when necessary.

(199 words)

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: image.png]