Create Account

S61 SMJHL PT #2 - Tactical meeting

Code:
Written option: What kind of tactics is your line going to deploy? How does your player fit into these tactics? Can be 5-on-5 tactics, special teams, defensive tactics, offensive tactics, surprise us.

Entering into my rookie year for the Kelowna Knights as a two-way defensemen, my plan is to be a versatile player who can exceed in all situations whenever I step onto the ice. I don't really know too much about strategy and tactics in FHM so I will try to explain how I would utilize myself and my linemates. 

We would look to have a balanced attack when entering the offensive zone, our playmaker could make nifty moves to deke out the opposing defender or if we can't enter the zone we will utilize the good old dump and chase technique!

With the powerplay I hope to get some powerplay time eventually but I built myself as a two-way defender so if Kelowna has a better option on the blue line for the PP that would be optimal.

On the PK, I hope I can be a steady presence here to help shutdown the opposing team's PP and kill off whatever penalty we were assessed with. 

Ben Jammin will look to be a player who can be used in virtually every situation and adapt to any tactic his coaching staff require of him. 

(193 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

When the Timber coaching team sat Viktor Krunk down to discuss his role on the team, they quickly realised that he hadn't been attending his English lessons, and that they would need the translator again. Half an hour and a Russian speaker later, Krunk was told that he would be a fourth liner on the Timber. His role will basically be to take some ice time if people get too tired, but he will fulfil the role of a two-way forward in those minutes, bringing some energy to the ice while the real players take a break. He is expected to get up and down the ice, and give it everything he's got in order to impress the coaching staff with hustle, effort and aggression.

Krunk sees himself as a sniper, but to score goals you have to be given the ice time to prove yourself, so he will be coming up the hard way. His translator didn't relay a lot of his response to his coaches. It wasn't very polite.

[Image: crunksig2.png]

Now that I've met the team, my coaches are starting to really believe in my offensive abilities. They were impressed with my physicality, which was already on the high end for a new draftee. However, they did take issue with my inability to get open. I kept looking down the wrong end of the ice on the offensive end. They also want me to work on my defensive game. But, I'm a quarterback? My role is to get the play going and facilitate offense. I've been working really hard on my passing and offensive read. I think that on the powerplay, I'll be able to command from the point and really put us in a good position to win the game. I feel very confident in that regard. As for my defensive game, ya I guess I'll work on it a bit. I've made improvements in my checking. My shot blocking and hitting are still very basic and I know my coaches are going to want me to work on that. I don't see myself on the penalty kill right now, but that's fine. Gives me more energy to work in the offense in other parts of the game.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2021, 07:54 PM by CapnCooper.)

Dirty Boots, while on the 3rd line 5v5, will be responsible for blocking shots and keeping the puck out of their zone during attacks. Boots is offensively minded and will be looking to send a breakout pass if managing to get possession of the puck in his own end. Boots will be doing his best to keep a position on the power play where he looks to contribute offensively. As a quarterback defenseman, Boots will aim to have high possession numbers and use his talented passing ability to look for open players to score the goal. Boots of course will go for a shot if there's an open lane but will more than likely go for the assist before the goal.
As the season goes on and as Boots gets to know his teammates he's hoping to know exactly when and where they are on the ice. Once they get up the ice there should be a puck waiting for them. At the end of the season Boots is hoping that have contributed offensively as a team player and to help the team rack up points while staying in the plus.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

The Falcons have had tremendous success in the past utilizing power forwards in the league, many of which have turned into top scorers and been league MVPs. SixNine Jr. coming into a fantastic spot is poised to build off that success and learn from some of the best individuals the league has ever seen. It is expected the line that he plays on will utilize him strongly in a checking role, one that punishes his opponents and ensure that they know what is coming and where the freight train is at all times. This fear within opponents should give rise to his teammates flying under the radar and sneaking in for the takeaway and ultimately the goal. SixNine will also use this talent to put the puck in the net, as he hopes eventually players in the league will bend over backwards and give him the puck at all times so he has a free shot at the net whenever he wants. There is a slight chance SixNine will be used in a more defensive role, but it all depends how the early parts of the season trend.

(188 words)

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2021, 10:09 PM by shan3p.)

Theo Berglund is currently slated to make his season debut on the second line as a 2 way defenseman. He will be looked at to play a balanced role, not sacrificing our defensive structure too much to jump up into the play.  His defensive partner is currently looking to end up being Finn McNast, A 6ft 2 2 way defenseman from Las Vegas, United States. This should give our unit a lot of flexibility going into the season, which the coach should appreciate.

Additionally, Theo is still waiting for the powerplay units to be announced. Theo is hoping to make the second powerplay unit at some point in his rookie debut, after learning the systems and techniques from the other talented offensive players on the team. Hope is obviously of course still there for making it out of preseason, as Theo has flashed his offensive awareness by scoring a few goals during this time.

[Image: ReginaElkLogoAlternate.png][Image: ReginaElkLogoAlternate.png]

Jay O'Neil is billed as the next big shutdown defenseman in the league, his main goal is to stop the other team from scoring while letting his teammates score in the other end. Ideally I get paired with a high offense defenseman to balance out the line and make sure we stop the other team no matter who is on the ice. While he's on the ice, Jay O'Neil's main goals are to block shots, get hits and takeaways; all of which he'll do by spending most of his time in the defensive zone. He can't be afraid to chase the puck carrier and make sure to get in their face. He really excels on the penalty kill where is main strategies will be to get in-between opponents to block the pass and to get in front of the net to block the shot while avoiding screening their own goalie. He's a strong, defensively minded defender who knows where he needs to be on the ice to stop the other team from scoring and how to get the puck to his offensive minded defenseman pair.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Coach decided I was a loose cannon and that he had no other choice than to play me by myself...

Just kidding, well kind of. Goalies don't have lines! But I have been told that I am the starting goalie for the season. Not a lot of rookie goalies get that opportunity, so I plan on making the most out of it. I am working with the conditioning team to work on all aspects of my game, as I want to be a well rounded netminder. There are definitely some areas, though, that I'm focusing in on, that I think will give me an edge over the competition. I want to make sure I'm always cutting down angles to the net, that I'm reacting quickly to the puck, and that I'm getting back into position as quickly as I can when I'm not. Any goalie you ask is going to tell you they want to start every single game, but this is a team effort, and I'm going to make sure that I don't push myself too hard and hurt the team. I'm going to give it my all and prove that I am the right pick to be the starting goalie for the Great Falls Grizzlies!

Quote:216 words

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

I am a moldable young player. Look at me, I just go by what my coach says to do.

I mean, to a degree at least. I follow along with the plan because in juniors you can only do so much to a build anyway. I asked my general manager to advise how he wants me to play considering it is his team and his lines. I was advised to be pass heavy, and am being deployed as a Gretzky's Office player type. This is actually somewhat exciting, as I haven't seen this style utilized much and while I understand it may not yield great results, why not take the chance to experiment a bit in juniors?

I will be our second line center, and appear to be lined up with Archangelo Scaradog Jr, who will one day be my teammate in Manhattan, and Big Newff, the team captain. Scaradog is a speedy foward and Newff is a perimeter shooter, so I am going to be curious to see the dynamic. Realistically, we have three players that aren't playing much defense and will be looking to do three separate things in a way. Scaradog is transition offense, Newff is kind of a set up for a one-timer type, and I will be more slow it down and cycle. It could work fine, Scaradog gets the entry, I get the puck deep and I find Newff for the scoring opportunity or Scaradog moving around and maintaining our cycle to get that look. Or it could bomb, as three guys go deep and need the puck on their stick and struggle to find a way to play without it. Time will tell.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

The Quebec City Citadelles have put together an entirely new 3rd line of mostly first year players, who were drafted last week by the provinces capital. After losing two key pieces to call ups from their SHL clubs in their captain Mew Two, and alternate Brian Davenport, the Citadelles are relying on some vets to step up and fill out their top six - leaving the 3rd line open for the new draftees to show them what they have.
Drafted in the first round, 14th overall, Askel Fiske will be lining up on the left wing. the 6'2 winger from Norway plays a fast paced transition game - he likes to carry the puck through the neutral zone and across the blueline with controlled zone entries. Fiske is more of a passer than a shooter, but displays a rare gift that allows him to find open team mates and make plays that you would not have thought as an option.
Konstantin Selich is the only player on the Citadelles third line that was taken in last years draft - going first overall with a pick acquired from St. Louis. Selich is hard to miss, the 6'2 center weighs in at 210 pounds, he has hands, speed and is not afraid to throw the body around. Fiske and Selich together have the potential to be electric as Selich pots pucks coming to him from unexpected areas.
With the last pick in this years draft, the Citadelles selected Brady Bertrand in the 6th round. Another big body, Bertrand comes in at 6'2 214lbs to anchor this line on the right wing. Perhaps the strongest player in this years draft, Bertrand is a boom or bust prospect - he will be expected to fish pucks out of the corners and finish plays when they come to him. If he cam prove to be solid defensively and show that he has the ability to keep up wit these two, the sky is the limit for him. 

[Image: image0.png]
Sig by @Ragnarr

The Zerk Squad is a fairly deep squad with some absolutely committed rookies. I have been brought in to Quarterback / Run the Powerplay for this team and look to use high offensive IQ with a great all around offensive skillset to pull that off. The Berserkers are known to fire a ton of pucks at the net, and my players role is to ensure that our goalscorers are being fed the puck as efficiently as possible.

At five on five, my role does not change substantially. Paired with a very solid defender, my player is tasked with breaking out of the zone quickly, with good puck movement without being a defensive liability. The Zerk Squad plays a tight defensive game with many defenders focusing on a good two way game. We are not a team to give up too many open opportunities and are backstopped by two quality goaltenders.

Look for Mikko Rashford to be firing the puck at will in the offensive end as we have two very proficient garbage collectors who love to muck it up in front.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Finn McNast is an all-situations defenseman whose strategy could most easily be described by a moderate oncoming ocean tide. McNast's goal in 5v5 situations is to consistently and confidently push play in the offensive direction. To provide a constant, suffocating resistance to opponent's forwards. Wearing them down shift after shift, always working alongside teammates to amp up checking pressure while closing gaps as the game proceeds. Eventually this will lead to mistakes and rushes in the opposite direction. When the tide turns McNast can adeptly either find a streaking forward with an outlet pass or carry the puck himself into the offensive zone. On the PP McNast is much more of a traditional PPQB than a shooter. He looks to carry the puck around the umbrella which will open up offensive opportunities. With enough time and chemistry the tic-tac-toes will start to materialize and the scoring (and wins) will start to pile up.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2021, 05:01 PM by Pickle.)

Being a fairly well rounded player on the fourth line with the Battleborn I am expecting that the coach will want to try a variety of strategies with us, and I think that with my stats I can handle them all. Does he need some defensive play? I have the stats to somewhat handle that. Does he need some speed? I have the perfect stats for that. Does he need the fourth line to stay on for a bit longer to give the first and second lines some rest? I definitely have the stats for that. I can cope with any strategy that the coach needs to me to adopt. Some better than others, but I can cope with them all. I will probably be best and speed and endurance and do the worst at defensive situations where we're leading by only 1 or 2 and we need some defensive help. But at my worst I am somewhat competent and at my best I am one of the best in the sport at it. I am the jack of all trades. 

ISFL CW

Lewis HamiltonIsBlessed was recently informed that he has been put on the 4th line of the Great Falls Grizzles, he of course wasn’t aware what they meant until he was told that meant he was at the bottom of the rotation with the least amount of minutes compared to the rest of his team mates.
His line was full of these players that were getting miniscule minutes so there tactics had to be sharp, effective and poignant. His line only contained offensive players so the trio had to combine for some quick and efficient play.
Lilcoque will be out there on the ice with great stick skill and attracting the defensive focus while Isyanov is out there being the supportive act in a great 1-2 punch. While HamiltonIsBlessed will be out to wreck people and knock them off their feet. Lewis will also be trying to get into fights in order to get his team and his fans amped up to build forward and get the victory