Create Account

[2x First Media Bonus][Presser] Keeping Up With the Citadelles

With the start of 61t SMJHL season merely hours away, I was able to catch up with a few members of the Quebec City Citadelles organization - some past, present and what the future has in store for the powerhouse from La Belle Province. For my first ever media production for the SMJHL I decided to hang out with the Citadelles, who are seeking out their second cup after being new addition to league but four seasons ago. After losing two key pieces in their captain Mew Two, and alternate captain Brian Davenport, the Citadelles definitely have big shoes to fill.
Stick around to find out what their co-GM Evok has to say about the bright future of the organization:

B: first off - how are you feeling going into the season, and how do you expect to fill the holes left by Mew Two and Brian Davenport?

Quote:Evok: I'm really looking forward to this season! I think with the new rookies we drafted, we will manage to achieve great things and push for the cup this season. As for the whole left by our captains, i think we have players who are ready to step into their shoes and are hungry to show what they can do, such as Greyson Cooper and Konstantin Selich on the forward side. Even the sophomores are developing greatly this season. We also acquired Stan Din'desque from the Anaheim Outlaws to help us this season.

B: speaking of the new draft class, who do you feel is going to make an immediate impact for the team? and who do you think is going to surprise the most people?

Quote:Evok: I think most of them are actually going to have a great impact on the team. The best surprise we had was seeing the talent of Brady Bertrand had for someone drafted so late in the evening. I think he will be able to reach a potential that many gms didn't expect him to have! Aksel Fiske is already fitting super well in the locker room like we expected when we drafted him at 14 overall. Being able to grab Skating Dino, who will more than likely be our future starter, and Not Deadly in the middle round will pay off in my opinion. Finally, attracting the free agent Alex Kidd to the team will round us up and we are still on the lookout for another forward down the line.

Next, we were able to catch up with Kev Kevens, who played a huge role on the roster that brought the Four Star Cup home to Quebec City in Season 58. He has some high praise to give to the organization where he cut his teeth:

B: what do you think are the biggest differences from this team to the S58 team that won the cup?

Quote:Kev: The S58 team had a lot of players from the inaugural expansion roster from S55. The biggest difference now is that most players weren't a part of those early years and have come into a QCC team that has already established expectations of being good. This team is trying to live up to the QCC name while also forging their own identity

B: What do you think are the biggest roles that need to be filled?

Quote:Kev: A solid 1A/1B goaltending duo is probably what this team needs most right now. Nor Dekes will soon age out and it hasn't been determined yet if Skating Dino can fill those big shoes left behind

B: Speaking of the young guys, is there anyone from last weeks draft that stuck out to you, in either a good or bad way? How would you grade the QCC draft?

Quote:Kev: The most recent QCC draft did wonders for the team. There are a lot of new names showing up on the roster that I don't think many people expected to make such a splash. Aksel Fiske, Brady Bertrand, and Alex Kidd specifically have been very impressive so far.

B: and lastly, what are your expectations for the team this year?

Quote:Kev: I once again have very high expectations for QCC this year. After using the S55 and S56 seasons to build a solid foundation, the Citadelles have been a dominant force in the year every season since. They're always near the top of the standings with other consistently good teams such as Newfoundland and Anchorage and I don't expect this year to be any different.
And Lastly, we'll hear from the future of the Quebec City Citadelles; I was lucky enough to catch a few players hanging out around the locker room and they provided me with a few quotes about the upcoming season and a few of the challenges that lie ahead:

B: how are you feeling going into the season? The Citadelles had two key players move on from the org, how do you think it effects the locker room?

Quote:Alex Kidd: First off buckaroo, I am feeling amazing, not only is this my first season back in sports but it is my first season ever in the Simulation Hockey League. After leaving pro wrestling and just itching to come back to a crowd full of my fans I felt it was time to save this league from it's own demise bringing some showmanship and flair to the table that this league desperately needs to keep itself relevant. Not only do the Quebec City Citadelles grab themselves a player who is going to put butts in seats but he is also going to be the best damn player on the team. It doesn't matter who gets in my way, I will backstab, betray and fight any person in that locker room back there who thinks they can take my spot. If you don't mind me asking who are those two bozos that left us? Actually never mind it does not matter who they are. This organization just signed their franchise player who is going to make this team a dynasty. This team is going to be so dominant that those two idiots who left us are going to feel like they made the worst choice they could make in their entire career. So this is a warning call to all the teams that could not meet my demands during free agency. 

B: we're expecting good things from you this year! How do you feel about being one of the vets and leaders of this young group?

Quote:Greyson Cooper: I hope so! It feels really good that Quebec trusts me to be a leader for this team. My goal coming to the Citadelles was to become a leader on & off the ice & help the team as best as I can. It’s an exciting time for us, we had a great draft & having some new faces & some strong vets on the ice this season is going to be awesome. I’m really looking forward to it.

B: this is a really young roster, there have been key pieces move on and a lot of pressure on the rookies - how do you feel you will contribute immediately?

Quote:Brady Bertrand: I have a lot to prove here. It's my home town team - I've been cheering for the Citadelles since I was a kid and it's an honor ad dream come true to be here. That being said, it's an earned opportunity. Everything I've worked for since I was kid brought me here, and being a sixth round pick definitely puts a chip on my shoulder, I need to work hard, get in the corners, throw the body and remind people why I'm here.

All in all, it looks like the expectations are high. From management, alumni and fresh blood - this team wants to win now. Whether the talent is there to bring another cup home to Quebec City remains to be seen, but at the very least the desire remains. This young group has everything to prove, since the Citadelles came into the league they've had a strong showing, it's now up to the players to leave it all on the ice and forge a fresh identity for themselves. What kind of history will be made this season? Only time will tell...

[Image: image0.png]
Sig by @Ragnarr

Lets effing go !!!

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

First media and first goal in the same night?? Killing it

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Let’s go!! Citadelles

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]