Create Account

S61 PT#3: Locker Rooms

Prompt 2:

I guess I’ll start with the Winnipeg locker room. It’s fairly quiet right now, but that’s not surprising since a lot of our active members have been traded in the recent rebuilding venture. I’d say the mood is uncertain, a lot of moving parts. But on the bright side it’s a chance to rebuild the culture into the shape that new management wants, so it’s one of those buy in now for the future rewards, which has merit.

Onto St. Louis. This LR is quite lit. Sparky is always being positive and bringing that energy to the table. There’s a bunch of good dudes in there and everyone is willing to help if you need it. There’s also a lot of members in there I hadn’t had the chance of meeting before, so it’s cool to get to know them.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Prompt 1: Alright who clogged the toilet... again??? Well at least they gave me the almighty power of redesigning this locker room so that doesn't happen again and that. To help resolve the backlog problem... we will have the state of the art toilets, ones with closed doors and such so that people can do their business in peace. Equipped with an entertainment system and sound dampening walls, everyone can go comfortably, but enough with the toilet problem. Since we are able to revamp the locker room, we will have the usual amenities like individual showers and lockers, but in addition to that we need things to spice it up like 360 surround sound stereos like in the movie theatres. In addition to that, we will have a gaming room where the team can do some team bonding and wind down after the games because you need an area to cool down after training or a game. That same room can have cold tubs and hot tubs for muscle relaxation. Personally, that's enough for me, but of course I can take some suggestions from others on the team.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Written Task: Write about your team LR. It can be in character, talking about your teammates, or a funny story that happened between them. It can also just be about your discord LR and the users in there. Whatever comes to mind, whether it's talking about how much you like them, or how goofy they are, just keep it nice. Funny moments or nice memories can be shared in this prompt, the choice is yours. (150+ words)

Today I'm going to discuss the Nevada Battleborn locker room. One of the biggest things for new users (and old) to know about Nevada is that ... well, we're rebuilding, big time. There were not a lot of alum who were active in the locker room, and prior to the S60 draft that Jess and Jax absolutely *nailed* by the way, there just weren't a lot of active bodies. And then they grabbed so many incredible users in that draft. Couple that with another season where they make a few trades, acquire a few more active bodies, and then they have a locker room that is starting to blossom into something special. It's not always crazy active, but it is always filled with great people and memories. You have users who are just making graphics for members of the team, just because. You have a few alum who just want to hang out and chill because they love it there, and you have some quiet wisdom that gets to come around because they want to just make sure things run smoothly, even if they can't give it all the time they need. It's a great place.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2021, 05:08 PM by Eynhallow.)

Locker Rooms
Prompt 2

Locker Rooms can be the heart and soul of a team.  This is where we see leadership working at its best.  Rinky McDangle is a member of the Colorado Raptors.  Their Discord Locker Room is generally quite active.  I really appreciate the fact that all TPE earning opportunities are identified.  Locker Rooms can be pretty amusing as well.  For example, in the recent expansion draft Rinky was left unprotected and was consequently claimed by the new Great Falls Grizzlies.  Very shortly thereafter the Raptors traded some draft picks in order to get Rinky back.  So, in the Locker Room (Colorado) it was bandied about how the Griz traded their all-time leader in ALL categories for a few draft picks.  Ya...that was easy….Rinky was the ONLY player oin the Griz at that time.

So, what is it about Locker Rooms ?  Arkansas pitching coach Dave Jorn says, "A lot of your success and failure is going on in the locker room. Your leaders are key to managing the locker room." Detroit Red Wings assistant coach Tom Renney echoes his statement when he says, “If you don't have good people, first and foremost, in your dressing room, it will be a long season.”

Locker Room Leaders serve as the critical creators, champions, and caretakers of your team’s culture. Through their words and deeds on a daily basis, trusted Locker Room Leaders mold, monitor, and maintain your team’s culture into one that is positive and productive for your team.

As well, Locker Room Leaders must possess a great deal of knowledge about the SHL and its workings in order for newer players to feel confident in what they are doing and what is happening to their persona.

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

Prompt 1: As I'm a man with 400 million dollars to spread amongst two locker rooms, I have a lot of considerations to make. First off, for Carolina I'd like to institute a sex room in honor of Adam Friedland/Bongo. As we are proud of our alumni leadership in Carolina, having the bone room would simply give a solid way for alumni and of-age locker room members to hang, as the add-on to the locker room would be the sex room in name only, and is really just a spot to hang out in the arena ahead of and following practices.

For Edmonton I think the obvious choice is to become more animal friendly in the locker room. There's no reason we can't have a marinara aquarium with a built in beach for Pasta the Turtle, or a built in pasture for Julio to graze on in between periods. Creating a more welcoming environment for animals in Edmonton would be at the top of my list. Expecting everyone to be able to preform at the top of their top of their games in the same conditions is foolish, and gently waterlogging the locker room so that Pasta can safely wade his way onto the ice is sure to be performnce enhancing, and help the Blizzard secure some dubs.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Prompt 2:  Newfoundland is my favorite section of the overall SHL community by far.  I feel so blessed and lucky to have been drafted by J and Corey.  Their eye for people more than SHL talent laid the ground work for a hustling bustling place.  It's always so supportive and fun and genuinely nice.  Everyone in there is a kind person and knows how to poke fun while not crossing the line into mean.  So many people with so many different backgrounds coming together and pulling in the same direction over something as dumb as a fake hockey league.  It really gives you hope for humanity.  I hope I get to meet at least a few of these people in real life because they're great friends and I'd be a much lonelier person without their support.  From the older alumni that predate myself, to my fellow 53s, to the additions we've made since us 53s took on more responsibility for running the team.  I don't know if our environment brings out the best in people or if we've just been that lucky to bring in so many great people.  Either way we're blessed to have this corner of the internet.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

The Toronto North Stars locker roomer is an amazing place because it has the one thing every locker room needs: great friends who are with you through thick and thin. What is better than going to work every day with some of the best people you have ever met and getting to play hockey with them? I know things can be a drag and that there are lulls in the season, but nothing makes hardship a softship like good frenships. I do not know why, but I am pretty proud of that sentence. I would not trade this locker room for the world. I would trade myself to get our team a cup, but real life stress is easy to forget when you stay up late chatting about random things with people from far away place. You really gotta love it. I have been blessed to be in this locker room and if anyone is looking for a positive place, you cannot go wrong with Toronto.

Go North Stars!

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

I will talk a little bit about the legendary Newfoundland Berserkers locker room, and the many exciting shenanigans that go on each and every day in that lovely large place.

Basically, the Berserkers LR is a very fun place full of beeg vibes and great times. You have plenty of legendary emotes ranging from jukesip (literally alexei sipping on a slurpee, but as a gif emote), to a lot of tylar emotes from tylurk to tysus (when the LR is sus) and tyge (prayge but ty). And of course there are a lot of emotes of yours truly, from the beegvibe to the cozybeeg to the beege (prayge but beeg).

There are plenty of different ways you can vibe out here in the Newfoundland Berserkers locker room. We have our league of legends players (the leegers), who play lots of leeg, the shots crew that take shots when pung, and the new squad of Reachers that play Halo Reach together.

And yeah, Halo Reach is way more entertaining than Leeg. I said it.

WC: 173 (answering the 2nd prompt)

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Prompt 2

Walking into a new locker room is never easy. Especially as an older player. Zhen Roza found himself staring at the door into the Colorados Locker room. Strange to see Blue and Yellow instead of Red and Black. Walking in, the fear was of anxiety and potentially not getting along with the new teammates. But as Roza stepped in he was showered with love from his new team.” I was shocked how nice everyone was. And the excitement in the air that we are going to do some great things. Obviously they lost a great goaltender in Seteki, only to get me. But they know I will play and try my hardest to win this group the Cup.” Even the coaching staff was impressed, “Everyone was excited for him to come in, we saw what he did in Anaheim especially in the playoffs and the excitement was in the air. Everyone showed up and pretty much threw a party for him the locker room. When that door opened it was so loud.”

[Image: vikian.gif]

I will be talking about prompt number 2, the one about the discord Locker Rooms, Although I would like to talk about like four of them, sue me.

My first, and by far favourite Locker Room would have the be the Kelowna Knights Locker Room. They made me feel insanely welcomed into the team, even before I was drafted. They found out I was available within like five hours of the draft and showed a LOT of interest in me,
and have always been willing to talk to me on a human level, about stuff inside the fake hockey world and outside as well. Great bunch of people and will forever have them in my heart.
Locker Room number two would have to be, the first team to draft me to the SHL, the Tampa Bay Barracuda, before they changed the logo to be sellable (Sellouts Much?) Joking aside, Again, they were very welcoming and I had a lot of fun there, I think we even got super wasted once or twice and played jackbox, but tbh I barely remember it, so you know it was a good time.

Third

Psych, 190 words.

Prompt 1...

We are going to blow out the locker room (so to speak). A nice big space for every player, with lots of room for each player in their stalls. There will also be a nice big new shitter area, because we all know group poops are what make a championship team tick. We would also be needing to add a hot tub along with a cold tub and a huge steam room. The showers would be large and big group shower, because steamy showers post game are what we all play the game for. The biggest improvement though would be the game room. Bags, shuffle board, bubble hockey...you name it, we have it. Some players may even beg to be a healthy scratch so they can stay in the locker room the entire game so they can hang in this giant bachelor pad. There is no shortage of fun in here, but it pales in comparison to what it would be when a championship is won. Darwin Koff ( @Lobbanet ) would be hanging from the ceiling....Sven Svechnikov ( @steveoiscool ) would be running around the room naked...and God only knows what that British bastard Alexis Saint-Michel ( @KenitohMenara ) would be doing after scoring the likely game-winning goal. All in all...it's a party in Vancouver.

219 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

[Image: Tku0Hht.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

PROMPT 2

It's interesting to evaluate the Montreal Patriotes locker room and talk about it as a whole, just because it's so young and in a lot of ways is still finding its feet. We probably have the highest proportion in the league of players who are "locker room leaders" but don't actually play for the team yet, just because we have so many great prospects who are leading the charge and helping to carry the slack and make it a fun room to be in. With an expansion franchise like ours, it's important to get people as involved in the locker room as much as possible, and I think there's always going to be room to improve that, but I like the way ours is taking shape, I like that people will talk about anything and everything in there and people feel comfortable and happy spending their time there, which is all you can ask for in this league really I would say. Hopefully the locker room continues to grow as the team does, and it turns into an even better place to hang out in the future.

Code:
187 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Prompt 2

I'm going to talk about the Anaheim Outlaws Locker Room, which has just experienced a GM turnover for the second time in three seasons. I think that @Talls has done a fantastic job initially when it comes to garnering new faces who are personable and integrating them into the culture that already exists in Anaheim. Despite some users' opinions based on recent events, Anaheim has always been a mature and pragmatic arena for discussion. I've been there since the very beginning, with Dangles as my GM and Jerry Mander as my player. I've watched people become legends from humble beginnings as Outlaws. It starts with the locker room! Many times there'd be 5+ people going back and forth about any subject under the sun. The initial class came from 6 or 7 different countries, which is quite remarkable. It was an educational experience as well as a fun one. I think of asll the GMs who have come through, Talls is the most interested in building the locker room beyond how it stands now. The newer recruits enjoy Discord bots (and I do too, the Pokemon game is mindless fun) and all that stuff a little more than previous generations. After Ace's quick turnaround to find something 'better' (surpriiiiise), the locker room can be in a great spot once again, hearkening to the S45-50 days.

Going with prompt 2 is an easy choice. The Carolina Locker Room is one of the nicest, funniest, and coolest discords I have ever been in, and I have been in a lot of them. Everyone is so friendly, and there has not been a single second where I have not felt welcome and enjoyed there. It honestly feels like more than just a bunch of dudes playing fake hockey chatting about drinking or posting pictures of pets, it feels like a real brotherhood in there. I can not even begin to describe how helpful a lot of the guys are when it comes to any issues anyone has in there. There are always people coming through, including myself, asking for advice with real life issues going on at the time, and almost every single person in that LR rushes to offer help and advice, whether it is just consoling words, or actual steps and processes on how to get through whatever is troubling the people asking for advice. The Kraken LR and discord is a whole is on of the most amazing places I have ever had the pleasure of sharing with strangers, and I would not ask for anything else.

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]