Create Account

s61 mPT #3: Trades

Whether we know it or not, we've all made trades in our life. Trading pokemon cards, swapping items from our lunch with friends, trading oxygen for carbon dioxide.

Your task: Describe a trade you've made on the SHL or your life. Bought a sig? Money traded for graphics. Signed a contract? Choice of team traded for money. Went to college? Degree traded for debt. Went to sleep? Traded consciousness for energy. Hopefully you get the gist. If you've GMed in this league or another sim league (or even played franchise mode in a sports game) you can also talk about those trades.

25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, September 12nd at 11:59pm CT.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.
This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

One of my best accomplishments in my lifetime si far was when at the ripe age of 7 years and in first grade I traded my chocolate covered granola bar for a prime charizard. Yes, THAT charizard. I dont know where it is

[Image: retu2.png][Image: iihf1.png?ex=65bcbcc0&is=65aa47c0&hm=800...d5443e8a9&]

Sven has traded all of his free time to become the co GM of both Great Britain IIHF and the Vancouver Whalers, all in the pursuit of becoming the best Sven in the league.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

I made a sort of trade with Fuzz when the Caps played the Canes at the start of the last season, that whomever lost the trade had to add something to their signature

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Lets just talk about the trade that brought de Pengu to Nevada. It wasn't a trade I made, but Nevada somehow managed to grab a capped stay at home defender for basically nothing and has since managed to convince that player to stay on in the future. The fact no other team took that risk is wild and Nevada still feels like they stole something.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

one of the best trades i ever made was when i traded a field hockey stick for an actual hockey stick as a kid. guess that worked out well huh

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

I once "traded" my black sidebar PS1 copy of Final Fantasy 7 to a friend for nothing other than the good faith that he would eventually give it back. Instead, he played it, then "traded" it to another friend of his. Long story short, I never saw my copy of Final Fantasy 7 again.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

Why does my body trade food for poop? Like, poop has no value in this current economy and by trading such from something that is so precious and valuable, I don't know why I always maintain this sort of compliance.

[Image: 8hp3ACT.png]

I am the Anaheim Outlaws general manager.  I just traded away every single active but myself for picks to recreate the team from the ground up.  It isn't nerve racking or anything.

Japan Outlaws Blizzard  Blizzard Outlaws Japan

[Image: Talls.gif]

[Image: aAYvaDO.png][Image: wFihEpr.png][Image: FcT7qtH.png][Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: o2NPreS.png]

We here at the Nevada Battleborn recently traded a lot of picks for some players from last season's draft - I know some of these trades raised some eyebrows since we didn't really make a lot of picks in this year's draft due to trading them, but honestly, we managed to bring in basically every player we had seriously scouted and really wanted to be able to draft last season, and I'm so glad we have them now.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

I traded my promise to be a semi-active, potentially discord LR guy to Acsolap into a full blown fully active top prospect future HO member and Challenge cup winner and potential HoFer...

I feel the site did quite well out of that trade...

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

I have been traded twice in my career, so I am still a relative novice at being traded and whatnot, but I will say, a new location with new people and new friends is always a breath of fresh air. Even if you love the place you are coming from (and I have) it always is a little exciting doing something or experiencing something new

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

A young and zestful Mike Izzy drafted by the Edmonton Blizzard was traded back in S36 to Calgary.. it was the first and only trade of my SHL career.. Edmonton should have kept the augment cause we had the greatest tag line in the “blIZZYrd”

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

At the beginning of last season my player was traded from Maine to St. Louis in the SMJHL. It was the first time in any sim league that one of my players has been traded. I don't hold anything against Maine for trading me but it still feels a bit weird on some levels.

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

As a 10 year old boy, I once sold a "camp" me and my friend made in the woods out of a couple of sticks and brushes, to another friend for 10 euros.
Easiest money in my life so far.

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska