Create Account

s61 mPT #3: Trades

I think the coolest trade I have been a part of is when I was traded from the Calgary Dragons to the San Francisco Pride on my birthday. While did not make the trade directly I had to wave my no movement clause for it so I did have some say in the trade and wonder if I was the first player traded on their birthday

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

I have fortunately been lucky enough to have not been traded yet, so I need to get creative. How about the time in middle school when I was told selling stuff is against the rules but trading was okay and I tried to convince one of the teachers that trading a soda for a dollar was not the same thing as that person buying said soda?

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

I’ve traded a lot of time that I can never get back in to participate in the SHL. Sometimes I wonder, was it a worthy investment? Then I say who cares.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Well the first ever player trade I made as a GM was a 2nd and a conditional 3rd for a 425 TPE player in Teddy (Luc Blouin). Sure we only had him for one season, but overall it gave us an extra boost when we needed it.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

I traded sleep for the SHL and I'm still not sure if it was a worthy trade. This site has given me joy, stress, and other feelings that are indescribable.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

When you consider this you will come to realize that life is a long series of trade-offs.  You drive a pickup because of its towing and hauling capacity, but you have traded fuel economy and performance for those features.  We trade cash all the time for good and services.  My biggest trade was early retirement.  Here I traded money (in pension income) for a whole lot more time....time that was mine, not directed by the powers that be.  Glad I did that one !!!

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2021, 04:50 PM by SchwarzNarr.)

This season in the ISFL I made a trade to grab user @G2019 in the ISFL draft. He wanted to come to our team, and we wanted him on ours, and 10/10 I would make that trade again in a heartbeat.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I have purchased two sigs for my time on the site. I ordered them in rapid succession as I had a hunger for more sigs, and despite them being free sig shops I paid a combined 8 mil for them because, shiiii they were really good. I've also heard of past trade offers about me, and while I don't want to leak them, it's a nice ego boost to hear about those.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

I think that the most surprising trade that I've ever made as a GM in ISFL was when Faelax requested a trade from my team. It came out of absolutely nowhere. He even asked to be removed from our private LR. Not sure what we did, but hopefully he's doing well. Cool dude.

[Image: petrov.png]

I spent nearly a year in Head Office.  Effectively trading my mental health to try and better the site in any small way I could.  It was a good experience but it's a trade that should only ever be made for a short time.  Head Office functions best when there's new blood coming in every so often.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

I've never been traded as a player, but the one that's probably going to stick with me is the trade to get Gabriel Johnson on the Blizzard. It was the first time I was in the driver's seat for a SHL trade negotiation, and I think we came out of it pretty well.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Luffy Richard traded a great career as a greeting card writer for a very mediocre career as a hockey player. He would not change a thing especially since he plans to make hockey-themed greeting cards when he retires.

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

I didn't make it myself but I was traded from Tampa Bay to Winnipeg. It was kinda weird. Now I'm on a team with 0 wins. But I'm no longer on the Outlaws so that's a plus.

[Image: duncan_png.png]

There are two trades I have made that I would like to talk about. The first, involves my TBB teammates and the crazy shit we get into. The second, involves a real life trade.

A couple months ago I decided to trade in my Saturday nights to become the DM for a TBB DnD 5E group. In addition to the time I use on Saturdays for them, I also trade extra time throughout the week to make sure I have everything ready to go for them, including making all the content I own in books available through the DnD Beyond website for them to use.

Now for the real life trade. Back in 4th grade, I let a friend of mine borrow my copy of Jade Cocoon in exchange for borrowing his copy of Final Fantasy Tactics. I had beaten Jade Cocoon recently and wanted to beat FFT. We discovered a few weeks later that we were being transferred to a different state. I told my friend that I needed my game back and I would give him his back. He never remembered to bring it to school and I never got my game back. Final Fantasy tactics has become one of my favorite games of all time, but it has released on so many platforms whereas you cannot even find a used copy of Jade Cocoon nowadays. Even worse, I let a friend of mine borrow FFT in high school as he had never played it, and then his house burned down.

[Image: jericson112.gif]
[Image: 5p7vOwY.png][Image: NA3IV5m.png]

This one time in grade 3 I traded with this kid on our Pokemon games, his like level 80 charizard for my lvl 40 onyx, then the little shit went and cried to his parents that he wanted his stupid charizard back since he worked so hard on it.
I never gave it back, buyers remorse is a bitch.