Create Account

s61 mPT #3: Trades

Nearly every week I trade a few minutes to look through the PT and mPT submissions. I like skimming through and reading any that catch my eye. They can still be a solid source for league content. Especially when the topic is relevant to the league. It also makes me wonder how many other people do this. I always got the impression that not many people read them, but I have no idea how many actually do.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

I feel like at this point I have traded a good portion of my sanity and life to this league. What I've received in return has been quite the dividend. Closing in on 21ish months here already has been quite the blast. Well worth the trade for all of the fun and friendships i've gained along the way.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

I went to automotive trade school, instead of joining the union I'm in now. I traded 4 years of an amazing career, for 4 years of getting shit on and disrespected at work by an asshole manager. Still glad I did it, for the most part.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

The first one that comes to mind is the crutch for waters and a 2nd trade I made when I was the gm of Hamilton. Crutch didn't really vibe well with the team, despite gaming together a fair bit at the time and waters desperately wanted to come back, so it felt like a no brainer. Crutch ended up retiring shortly after too.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

My lawyer has directed me to not answer this question. I will not be making a comment on any trades I've made for money or assets. Please cease and desist with future questions regarding such topics.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

Once upon a time, there was a Brazilian. A guy who just loved to drink yerba mate tea. It was one of his favourite drinks, the kind of stuff he usually set up whenever he arrived home. The proper way to drink yerba mate is to cook it for ten minutes, enough to get the water under the herb to bubble, thus pushing the derived product of the plant into the water.

Cut a lemon in half, squeeze the life out of the slices and then, you can choose whichever way you'll have it - drink it hot and deal with the flames or let it cool off and spend an entire day waiting for it to get ready.

Why is it relevant? Well, whenever he drunk it hot, he got traded. While neither trade was a bad thing, he just made it a mental note to stop drinking mate hot. Just in the off-chance, anyone else got creative behind his back, he didn't want to tempt fate.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Biggest trade involving Pasta the Turtle was when Edmonton Blizzard traded up during their draft to take Pasta the Turtle early. Such warm and fuzzy feelings. Love you @Keygan and @"TommySalami" !

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

First trade I remember doing as GM of Newfoundland was exchanging three picks in the S57 draft. 37oa, 38oa, 50oa and 63oa for 33oa and a future 3rd.

That ended up being @Nike, @Out of Toast and @lmao. Couldn't have asked for any better from our first draft.

Fun fact, the pick traded away at 33oa, Travis Konecny is currently playing for the Berserkers too.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

I traded a Friday night kitchen shift (probably the worst shift of the week), for discounts on Phoebe Bridgers tickets... in short, I'm going to see her in concert in 12 hours.

Code:
32 Words

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

I traded lots of my own in real life time to be an updater and earn massive amounts of money at one time. Still enjoying the fruits of my labor

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

I've had an interesting experience with franchise hockey manager 6. As a Red Wings fan, I played dynasty with them (that challenge mode or something). Essentially I tanked for 4 seasons but then the rebuild worked darn well. Back to playoffs for 2 seasons, then back-to-back president trophy, then 2 back to back Stanley Cups, then a few seasons around the top. Dunno, maybe I could push 3rd cup but 2 cups in 10 years are quite good.

The trade I'd like share

[Image: Screenshot-6.png]

That boy was a real defensive asset for many years.

At sim leagues I always trade away all the vets I have to start with a rebuild. Sometimes this works pretty well but not always and it's a long way if not.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

I have pretty much always payed for my sigs or always offered to pay for my sigs. I have been a grader for quite some time now so I know which style I like and will just PM the guy and ask if he can make me one for some cash

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

I made a trade with @sve7en in the J draft to acquire the 2nd overall pick to acquire a promising first gen showing serious interest in the league. While I believe it was a fair exchange of value based on comparable transactions, I learned that it isn't really worth it to move up in the draft for a first gen as it's hugely risky.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Back when I was a youngin' I traded my granola bar for a pudding cup. Still, this many years later, it is the best trade I have ever made and probably ever will.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada