Create Account

PT Announcement

Hello all,

It's kind of a hectic week between the wonderful apps I've received for PT grader and deciding what to do about several of the submissions I've received over the last couple of PTs. I'm pleased to make two announcements on some changes on the way PTs work going forward.

Introducing... Dual Point Task Prompts

You log on to do your PT, you read the prompt, and go.. fuck. No idea what to write. It's a grind to get to 50 words, and you're not even halfway done. I've been there, you probably have been there. That's actually how I felt about the "How did you improve in the offseason" type PTs. I like writing about my player, I like building the lore as well, but there's only so many words you can get from "I trained positioning and checking".

When I took over I remembered how I felt about those PTs and gave a lot of thought about what I would prefer to write about. Maybe something kind of silly, something I could write some weird irony into. I know probably no one would read it but I could chuck the link in the LR and maybe get a laugh or two from my friends. So I set out to write that kind of prompt. And to those of you who enjoyed them, thank you so much for supporting my prompts and letting me know they helped you enjoy a typically boring part of the SHL. To those of you who didn't enjoy them, but didn't complain, I respect your grind and ability to just get the work done and get the tpe and move on. To those of you who didn't enjoy them, and let me know that fact in many various ways... I understand the frustration. You might have been accustomed to the old style and this was an unwelcome change. Some of you were more disparaging than others but I've done a little trolling myself so maybe I set myself up for it. At any rate, this past PT drew a very adverse reaction from some members so I sat down and thought about how to avoid this situation in the future.

So, it's a bit more work, but for every PT going forward I will try to offer two prompts. One on-par with the current PTs, maybe something wacky or a little different from the sim-related ones. For those who have fun with those, don't worry, they're not going anywhere. I will also offer a traditional PT talking about the site, sim, or players or something along those lines. Those who have been missing those will hopefully be happy with the prompts I write for those. I want to note that you must choose one prompt. I'm not going to subject the grader to mix-matching of the two prompts. If you write something for both prompts, you will only be graded for one. That's literally the only catch though. Otherwise there will be tons to write about so more people should be happy! Yay!

Malicious Submissions

Now to something.. not so fun. This actually started with my FIRST mpt last season. Some of the submissions were just fucking mean. I was caught off guard because I figured that's something you say in your discord to your friends, bitching about the PT director. Not something you write in your actual submission that they likely will read or at least be notified of. This continued on and off for the season with people being upset about the prompts but nothing really too bad in the PTs or the suggestion box. I sympathized a little with those people but I was gonna do things my way, at least for the first season while I got my bearings. Again, thanks to those who grinded through and just kept it private.

This season feels more... I dunno. Amplified. The heated mpt got some malicious prompts which is expected I suppose but I put a disclaimer in the prompt so I was hoping people wouldn't be super fucking mean there. But this pill PT hoo boy. I'm not going to link the submissions in question but some of these were just unnecessarily mean and in my eyes, malicious. Insulting my intelligence, the prompts I've worked hard to bring to y'all for the past season (contrary to popular belief, quite a bit of thought goes into these PT prompts). Like yeah I was offended because what the fuck. Who sits down to write a PT and takes shots at the very person who wrote it. I guess I learned the answer to this question this week.

I can hear them now: "The black pill was a setup for that kind of thing, what else would they write". And yes, I included the black pill option with these folks in mind. It was a chance for them to roleplay writing prompts that they would like to complete themselves, kind of a wishful thinking deal. There were SEVERAL acceptable submissions that did this, where people just imagined being PT director and wrote the kind of prompt they would bring to the SHL. I had no problem with these, they were fun and creative. They didn't mention me very much and didn't have to.

There was also a submission that was critical of me that I will actually call out because it was probably the best black pill submission I read.

@gaby wrote:

"Let's go with the black pill for this weekly point task. Not that I think Slash is doing a poor job, but since he became the PT director quite a few people are unhappy with his PT choices. I appreciate the creativity like most members behind those and of course there are going to be flops, but I feel like we need to bring back topics around the sim. I've been here a long time, I remember back then when Pris was in charge people were complaining PTs were boring and repetitive. By getting the job, I would bring 2 options to write 150 words about. One would be hockey related and the other one purely random. That way I feel like everyone would be happy. I would also allow everyone to write them in their primary language. It would make things easier for people like me whose English ain't the best. Anyway I highly doubt graders read it all and just check if the minimum words is respected."

I gave this one a chefs kiss. THIS is exactly how you write a PT that is critical of me but still respectful and shows human decency to the person writing the prompts. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this submission and I have deemed it the opposite of malicious. Just a job well done here.

SO enough about how I got here. I've decided this week after reading these submissions and DMing with some site members, I will no longer be allowing malicious submissions in PTs of any kind.

I understand this is a two-way street and some prompts have left it open for these kinds of submissions so I will do my best to write prompts that do not fish for these kinds of answers. BUT it will still not be allowed no matter how you interpret the prompt.

This has been a disclaimer in mPTs for some time, and I will be adding it to PTs as well going forward. But I want to put this here just so I am absolutely crystal clear:

No malicious submissions will be awarded TPE for any point task. The grader will determine whether or not a post is malicious after consulting with other graders. You will not be warned if your post is deemed malicious and forfeits TPE. If you are unsure of whether or not your post will be deemed malicious by a grader, either PM me or erase what you wrote and write something else.

I'm kind of disappointed it's gotten to this point but I'm not gonna fuck around with this anymore. The PT subforum is not a place to trash other users. You can do that in the thunderdome, or better yet, just bitch about it in your LR. Bitching about site members in the LR is like the lifeblood of the SHL. Keep it there and not in the PTs.

I think that's all I have for now, but I'll answer questions in the comments or you can DM me if you want (I prefer discord tho)

Thanks guys, much love
-Aleister

SUMMARY FOR THOSE WHO DON'T WANT TO READ ALL THAT
-You will be offered two prompts in PTs
-You can only choose one to write about
-Malicious PT submissions will be awarded 0 tpe
-If you are unsure about your submission, ask me or write something else

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2021, 04:47 PM by wumaduce.)

I'm down for the dual tasks.

Also, fuck the people who want to hate on you for giving them a task to earn tpe. Coming up with them is probably one of the worst jobs on the site, and I would never wish it on anyone. Thank you for stepping in and taking it.

Finally, dock them tpe for a malicious pt.

Edit -

Where are the haiku
Bring them back, slash, God damn it
I love you buddy

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Can we bring back getting a pass on the PT if you suggested it?

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Shoulda named names smh

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Fuck the haters, keep up the good work

@SlashACM I would only say positive things about you and portillos

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

is mayonnaise a malicious PT?

09-05-2021, 05:09 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: is mayonnaise a malicious PT?

if you have to ask, it probably is

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

Thanks for the work you are doing! I went and read this weeks PT just now out of curiosity. As a new user a thread like that is a huge turn-off to someone wanting to get involved more in the SHL. Why would people want to spend there time growing the community for that. Joking or not. I would have started with 0 TPE this week. I'm glad to see you taking suggestions into account and offering a way for everyone to be happy.

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

Golly it sounds like maybe you should have included a chill pill for some folks in that last one.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

I love the fun more interesting PTs, haters gonna hate

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]

09-05-2021, 05:03 PMSerpe x 13 Wrote: @SlashACM I would only say positive things about you and portillos

im here to talk about portillos

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Public Service Announcement from the Js PT team:

- Js will not have dual prompts for now. But if it works in the SHL, and it's going to be a permanent thing we will look into implementing it as well.

- We do support the non-grading of malicious content and want to make absolutely clear that malicious submissions for Js PTs will not be accepted either.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

09-05-2021, 05:31 PMLime Wrote:
09-05-2021, 05:03 PMSerpe x 13 Wrote: @SlashACM I would only say positive things about you and portillos

im here to talk about portillos

portillos gang

09-05-2021, 05:29 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: Golly it sounds like maybe you should have included a chill pill for some folks in that last one.

grape one i think