Create Account

S61 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week

As a recent member of the Detroit Falcons, I have learned that our strongest rivalry in the Simulation Hockey League are the St. Louis Scarecrow. It is long fabled that this rivalry only exists because of Scarecrows facing off against birds, but I have learned some things about this rivalry going much deeper than that. Apparently the GM of the Scarecrow was a former Falcon. It's not just rivalry but betrayal that fuels this fire.

As I spend more time in the Detroit Falcon locker room, I notice the emotions of the team and certain players. But when our next game is up against the Crows, the atmosphere changes. They can't wait to get on the ice to face off against the team that seems to hate us just as much. My first game against the Scarecrows was fierce. It was the hardest checking and one of the roughest games of my career but I was sure to give the intensity right back, and I intend to do so every time we play.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

[Image: 4lLg8ju.png]

[Image: michiganshl.gif]

I would say Anaheim's main rival for this season would be the Great Falls Grizzlies. There isn't really any beef between the two teams, but I do know two players on that team. Both unnamed players signed as free agents after the draft. While that's nothing to be too upset about, the fact that I knew both individuals does make it kinda sting a bit. It would've been really nice to have been able to play with them, but instead they decided to sign together and head off to Great Falls (wherever that is).

Now, I would like nothing more than to see them lose every game especially the ones we play them in. According to the index, they're just ahead of us in the standings...which again, kinda stings a bit. However, being just 5 points behind, I have to like our chances. The Outlaw will only get stronger as the season progresses. Great Falls beat us 5-0 in our opening game this season, but look for us to even up and lead in the season series in the near future.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

I would have to think that the biggest rivalry for the Great Falls Grizzlies is the Regina Elk. I'm not sure how you come into the league as an expansion team and not try to do better than the other expansion team.

As of this posting, we're down by two games and four points to the Elk. Right now, I'm not terribly worried. We have a lot of practice time that will show, and we've been working hard on lines and team chemistry.

When you look at the two teams, Jaeger Jones is absolutely tearing it up on the ice. As a rookie, he's putting out insane numbers. 16 points in 19 games is nuts for a veteran of the league as well.

On the side of the Grizzlies, we've got our highest scorer in Grogu Mandosson. He has 14 points in 20 games.

The problem right now for the Grizzlies that the Elk have handled is the defensive play.

While we in Great Falls want to do better than those in Regina, we're definitely both pissed at each other and using each other as a measuring stick to see where we are in our growth.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Being an expansion team into the league this season, the Regina Elk really do not have a lot of rivalries to speak of. The closest one to filling that role for us is probably the Great Falls Grizzlies, simply because they are the other expansion team for this season. I know it would mean a lot to our team if we finished as the better of the two expansion teams, and so far we are off to a good start with the Elk sitting at 18 points to the Grizzlies' 14. Neither of the two occasions the teams have faced each other have been very close. The Elk won the first match 5-1, while the Grizzlies won the second one 4-1. So not much history between the two sides so fat, but there is plenty of time for them to continue to build on their rivalry. It will be a close race to see which expansion team can come out on top this season.

(164 words)

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2021, 12:54 AM by MDavidson.)

[Image: S61-SMJHL-PT-3-Rivalry-Week.png]

[Image: ReginaElkLogo.png][Image: ReginaElkLogo.png]

[Image: Sig-4.png]

As a member of the Great Falls Grizzles and a rookie in the league, there isn't any personal rivalries for me as I haven't played in the league yet and there aren't any teams to rival because the Great Falls Grizzles are a brand new expansion team into the league. 

As a result of this, there has to be only 1 response for the Great Falls Grizzles biggest rival, it would have to be the other expansion team that came into the minors this season, the Regina Elka. So far this season, the results are split 1-1 with each game resulting in a blow out victory each way. The rivalry will be sure to grow over time as each team completes more games and seasons, and they will be comparing themselves to each other as they entered the league at the same point. 

Who will be the best team? Only the future will tell but now the players and fans will engage in the rivalry. 

(169 Words)
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2021, 07:39 PM by Risky_Potato.)

Here at NBB, we don't have many rivals, mostly because we're always a friendly bunch of people who never get rowdy Wink According to our GMs, Anaheim used to be our biggest rivals but I'm told they have done a complete rebuild. So my best guess at our current rival right now would be that darn program called Franchise Hockey Manager, it keeps giving us hope just to dash it. Too many games where we've had the advantage just to let in multiple goals in the last 5 minutes of the third period. But I digress, I think our current team rival would be the team that took away our boy Sam Siege, the Regina Elk. Normally if you see an Elk in the wild, you’d feel joy and excitement at seeing a cool animal, but not those dirty Elks from Regina. According to rumours around the locker room, Regina is by far the smelliest team in the league, followed closely by the Colorado Raptors (Hygiene wasn’t invented till we evolved into homosapiens).

Easy choice here, Maine's top rival is Newfoundland. They wouldn't see it the same, but I mean, come on now. This is pretty obvious.

Maine has made what I would call miracle runs in the playoffs, as just winning a round as one of the worst teams in the league is always a surprising and spectacular thing. However, every single time they always run into the juggernaut that is Newfoundland.

It has been SIX straight seasons that Newfoundland has eliminated Maine in the playoffs, starting in S55 when they met in the Four Star Cup Finals and Newfoundland won 4-2. Since then, whether it be first or second round, the Berserkers and the Timber have faced off at some point and the Berserkers always win. At this point, I don't know if it's a mental thing for the tree team or what, but they are always seeming to fail when they hit head to head with Newfoundland.

It's that old saying, only three things are certain in life -- death, taxes and ... the timber being eliminated by the berserkers in the playoffs. Newfoundland probably has other teams they'd say are their rival, but for Maine, getting past Newfoundland, going through Newfoundland, that is the biggest goal they could have and the best moment they could end up with.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2021, 12:32 AM by shan3p.)

Currently, the Regina Elks have a long long storied rivalry with the Colorado Raptor; as they are our natural predator. Over my short time in the league I've noticed that Raptor fans are constantly shoving it into our faces about how we are just a herbivore, while they are a mightily carnivore. They will make fun of our grass eating nature, while lording over us with their meat. They will bring up the fact that they would eat us, if it was only legal by the governing body. 

Now, of course these aren't all the reasons, as I am merely pointing out the natural inclination of our rivalry. In all honestly, they are also just very successful and powerful this season, which makes me envious, which in turn makes me lash out with hate. Overall, due to these reasons, the raptors are currently our biggest rival, but one day we will rise up and rebalance the food chain.

[Image: ReginaElkLogoAlternate.png][Image: ReginaElkLogoAlternate.png]

PBE CW

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

PBE PT

G A Y H E G H O G

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

peepee poopoo

[Image: Cody-Rhodes-American-pro-wrestler-2022.jpg]

The krakens biggest rival is undoubtedly kelowna. Kelowna is full of absolute monsters and all around scary people and the kraken are full of nothing but fun loving food loving goof balls. The rivalry definitely doesn’t stem from the pair of brothers that are the skodas being separated and being forced to play agaisnt each other. The on ice battles have been legendary as the taunts get louder and the goals get dirtier. The games have been growing In intensity and the brothers themselves have elevated to a new level as they both have been prominent in the head to head duels. The rest of the teams around then have also stepped up to play ball and have been absolutely cunning and gunning on all cylinders to bring home the bread and more importantly beat the ever loving crap out of their other team just so that they can claim glory in the J

[Image: Off.gif]

[Image: T4HcUgf.png]

The Regina Elks are probably the biggest rivals the Great Falls Grizzlies currently have. With the Elks being the other expansion team, both teams are probably looking to prove they played their expansion cards better and that they are the more dominant team. With other teams being well established and having had seasons upon seasons of accolades and planning, they often overlook the expansion teams until one punches someone in the mouth. But until then, only the 2 expansion teams will consider each other competition until one proves they have finally arrived. Both teams social medias have been going at each other ever since both teams were announced into the league, calling out each others management decisions, boasting about a victory if the two teams play, going far and beyond to try to get a reaction out of their fellow rivals. Players have also been notably more aggressive and emotional in games these two teams play each other as opposed to other SMJHL teams, almost as if each game against each other is like a playoff game. Hopefully soon, these two teams can settle the score in a 7 game playoff series.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal