Create Account

S61 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2021, 02:31 AM by Mutedfaith.)

Which team is your team's biggest rival in the league and why? This could be due to recent history, old history, medium history, personal beef, branding antagonism, passing on you in the draft, etc. - whatever the reason, which team in the league would you consider to be the biggest rival of your team?

Written option:150 words on the above
Graphic option:  Make a Rivalry Week promo graphic highlighting the two teams squaring off

Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S61 SMJHL Rookies (S62 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE or NSFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, September 12th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2021, 11:45 AM by NamelessNate.)

PBE Affiliate

My crew and I faced the beast on three separate occasions and came out on the wrong end each time. The crew and I didn't know what to expect when we faced off the first time so we were caught unprepared. We took shot after shot at this monstrosity but we couldn't seem to do much damage. The battle was a close one but we didn't have it that night.

The next time we battled though... it was close. The beast got us first but we fired right back. It was an incredibly tightly fought struggle where anyone could become the victor. Eventually we ran out of fire-power and lost another one but it gave myself and the crew the hope that we could finally overcome this monster the next time we met.

So we prepared, faced more challenges and defeated many a foe. When we found ourselves facing off once again. Tired and weary, the crew fought as hard as they could but it wasn't close. We were defeated once again. Three in a row.

This will not do. The Kraken must go down!

Code:
190 words

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2021, 06:09 AM by unconfident69.)

PBE Affiliate

If you would ask Talls, my GM, this question, he would say the Colorado Raptors. I know he came from that organization and they have a bit of a rivalry anyway. However, I'm going to take this in another direction and talk about my personal choice for rivals, the Nevada Battleborn.

Now this isn't a rivalry I chose out of hatred, but rather, respect, admiration, and friendly competition. Nevada is a team with fantastic users, many who I know from the ISFL and now share a team with (Colorado Yeti). Interestingly enough, the three players I'm going to note here all play defense. @SchwarzNarr (Melvin Majestik-Moose), @WithTheMoose (Adelie de Pengu), and @ephenssta (Dobby Hintzskanen) help form a stout Battleborn defense, one that I really want to test myself against this season. Scoring against this great defense would be a huge accomplishment, and would allow me to bring a little bit of friendly trash talk back to the Colorado Yeti locker room. I would be remiss not to mention @SecondSucks22 as well; a great GM and all-around good dude...I'm hopeful that my Anaheim Outlaws can take some points off of him in the near future.

(195 words)

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

when you're a new team coming into the league you often don't have many pre-set rivals unless there are other teams within close proximity of yours. in Our case though, Great Falls came into the league with another team, the Regina Elk. While they may have never played against each other, these teams have a natural desire to want to compete against each other over the next few seasons due to them having entered the league as expansion siblings. they both want to have a better season than the other and want to win a cup before the other does. It will be interesting to see for sure how each team's expansion strategy pans out and who will reach the ultimate goal of a four star cup first, but I can certainly tell you from a Grizzlies perspective, the drive to beat Regina is 100% there. I think both teams gave themselves a good chance at future success right off the bat and look forward to seeing how the first season of competing goes for the Grizzlie's and the Elk.

My team, the scarecrows, has a big rivalry with Detroit, even before I joined the Scarecrows they were fighting with each other it is a big thing in the locker room to beat Detroit and be better then them. Although, we are not in the same divison any more the rivarly still exist. During our first meeting against Detroit we tried our best taking shot after shot, but we could not get a goal and we came under prepared and sadly we lost the only meeting we had with them, granted I was not playing goalie (5-0-0 so far). We are preparing for the next meeting against Detroit and with me in net I defintely think we can beat Detroit. Our GM Sparky has been messing with different strategies to prepare our next game with Detroit. With the offense we have and defense to help I think we can beat Detroit in our next meeting.

155 words according to word counter (not counting these words)

[Image: duffleman2002.gif]

The biggest rival of the Newfoundland Bezerkers are none other than the Maine Timber. It's a very simple process. We like axes, and they like wood. Maine apologists often make ridiculous comments about how they also like axes, but our axes are invariably better than theirs. We like big axes, with lots of cutting edge and weight behind them for hacking through bones. Maine likes those ridiculous shitty little wood splitters that you can pick up at Walmart for $29.95. It's downright embarrassing to actually have to share this side of the continent with them. I would like to trade them for Kelowna- the only other warrior themed team in the SMJHL. There's an actual debate to be had there- disciplined and well armoured knights vs ferocious and highly skilled bezerkers. Both would be vastly superior to a block of fucking wood. They should rebrand back to being the Halifax Raiders. At least pirates are kind of cool.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

It's easily the Regina Elk. The first thing that they did was take Sam Siege from us in the expansion draft. Thus because of that, I know don't like the Elk. Though for some reason my gm told me that it was Anaheim which I don't understand. He said that we aren't rivals anymore since they rebuilt their roster and half of their roster is with us now so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Anyways our biggest rivals are the Regina Elk because they stole Sam but if this was before Anaheim had their full rebuild then it would be Anaheim. I have one last word to say just so this can get to 150 words. F**k the Elk. All my homies hate the Elk. 

- Pickle (I will eventually add my signature to the thing but I'm too lazy to do it)

As a recent member of the Anaheim Outlaws I would say that the colorado raptors are our biggest rivalry, perhaps not in team history, but out of the recent games I have wanted to beat them the most. In our game on september 3rd they beat us 1-4 and then beat us again 10-0. This particular sequence of events did leave a sour taste in my mouth. To add insult to injury, I did not play well at all in this series. As a defenseman, I was on the ice for 2 of these goals personally and did not stop them.  Some personal beef could tie In because they did not attempt to contact me in free agency, I would love to take a win over them in the near future.Overall I think the Colorado Raptors are a good team, and I hope to maintain a healthy rivalry with them.

WC: 151

Code:
Which team is your team's biggest rival in the league and why? This could be due to recent history, old history, medium history, personal beef, branding antagonism, passing on you in the draft, etc. - whatever the reason, which team in the league would you consider to be the biggest rival of your team?

By playing for the Kelowna Knights I would have to say that our biggest rival in the SMJHL would be the Vancouver Whalers . Not only are they located in the same province as us here and play within our division. Their newest Co-GM steveoiscool (Sven Svechnikov) is someone I have gotten to know when they got drafted by the Edmonton Blizzard . Sven and I started out acting very friendly to each other, but I quickly found out that he is a fellow banter and joker like myself. Thus that created this playful rivalry between the two of us. Sven stated that he could not wait to see me on the ice and lay his body on me when Vancouver would take on Kelowna. 

The most frustrating part is that Sven is about to get called up to the SHL so he will be unable to see me hit my peak in a few seasons time down here in the J. Luckily for us we share the Edmonton LR where I can always bother him when Kelowna takes on Vancouver. I look forward to seeing how Kelowna does after re-building for a few seasons after going all in not that long ago.

(201 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

PBE Affiliate

[Image: crunksig2.png]

As a player for the Colorado Raptors  Raptors our biggest rival is going to be the Anaheim Outlaws  Outlaws . They are kind of like the Michigan to our Ohio State. Long ago they were good and now you just feel bad when you play them. Nobody likes kicking their little brother while they are on the ground. Even if winning 10-0 and boosting some of our rookies confidence is great. I hope that they beat everyone except us this season. That way it doesn't look like we pick on the weakest guy. At the end of the day their team is pretty cool and Talls is a great guy who is doing everything to put them on the right track. So here is to a healthy rivalry and many more thrashings of the Outlaws. Oh and !f...jk

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

That's a pretty tough question, as I've not been in Anchorage for that long, so I haven't had enough experience within the team to really develop a feeling of rivalry for other teams. I guess one of our rivals could be the Quebec City Citadelles, since the Armada and them have been facing off many times in the playoffs recently, either in the finals or the semi-finals. They've had pretty close games in these series, which sparked up a pretty good rivalry. Vancouver and Kelowna could be good potential rival candidates, as they've been in our division for a long while, so we keep playing against them all the time. But I can't think of anything that happened recently would make them rivals really, all they really say is boat team bad cause they have nothing else to say. So I guess our only real rivals recently would be Quebec City because of all the tight playoffs series.

158 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Made a graphic to highlight the rivalry, slightly inspired by the mPT
[Image: hnbcttU.png]

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]