Create Account

Goalies: Heir and a Spare

So i was talking to my good pall Orbiting Death (give him 0% of this article he sucks) about his new career at Goalie and i began to wonder what teams that might need Goalies look like so i looked at every teams Goalie Situation and then decided to turn this into media cause i am poor and need money. I am doing this in Alphbetical Order so i stay on topic and i will be looking at who each team is starting, how old they are, if they have a backup or successor, and if I think they will take a Goalie in the near future.

Atlanta:

Starting this off I look at Atlanta team and I see 3 Goalies, with Samat Beibitzhanov and  Mike Hroch currently being on the team, and Evgeni Petrov set to replace Hroch likely by next season, Atlanta has a future Goalie in Petrov being a S59 and earning well and a current Goalie in a S52 Beibitzhanov who will be solid for a bit despite not being an Elite earner. I highly doubt Atlanta will draft a Goalie in this years draft unless Beibitzhanov or Petrov for some reason leave or go IA, which seems unlikely.

Baltimore;

Baltimore when looking at the sheet do not seem like they need a Goalie, with Luca Del Vecchio still earning at a elite level and younger backup Phillip Weaver being just shy of 1000 tpe, however when you look closer u see that Weaver has not been on the site in over a month, indicating the backup and future heir is likely not a long term option, and with Luca Del Vecchio being older it is likely that Baltimore might consider a Goalie with a pick in this draft. However They might opt to wait if they think they can bring Weaver back since Del Vecchio high earning likely can buy them a few seasons

Buffalo:

Buffalo are in a similar situation at Baltimore with an elite high earning Goalie, in Elizabeth Doyle, but with a huge question mark as a successor. Again this is a team which might be able to afford to wait a season or so too look for their Goalie of the future, but I think that if a Goalie falls to a pick in their 2nd they are alot more likely to take one as it would be a good idea to have your backup keeper set.

Calgary:

Kata Vilde is ancient (S41) and Cale Amundsen is not a elite earner, so on paper it might seem that Calgary might decide too look to the future with the next draft however, they took Zhen Roza and he has been developing as a obvious Successor to Vilde, Amudsen likely will be able to last on Calgary as either a bridge starter to Roza and eventual backup, but he is active still so he is unlikely to be shipped off, however it is clear that Calgary is very unlikely to take a new keeper in the near future.

Chicago:
Mat Smith is the only Goalie on this roster worth talking about, and with him being a S56 and a consistent earner it is hard to see chicago opting to take a Goalie unless they want to improve on their backup keeper situation. But I highly doubt that they will end up picking a goalie in this draft unless one falls hard

Edmonton:

Edmontons starter is a lower TPE user who is significantly far in his class Tyler Ward but Edmonton dealt with this by taking Rusty Remao late, Ward will likely serve as a bridge starter while Remao develops into the starter for Eddy, if Edmonton determine that it is better to not keep Ward long term they might take a goalie, however with Ward active and earning, i think they will opt to keep him and not take a goalie in this class.

Hamilton:

This is a interesting spot,  A Jobin isnt a horrible starter, but is pretty far behind in his class, and with him being slightly older and not an elite earner, it might be smart to look at a potential backup Goalie who could take the reins eventually. But since Jobin is S53 they may opt to wait a season or so to grab one, but i would not be shocked if they ended up taking a goalie

Los Angles:

Knox Booth is older, and Damien Vertigo are both likely not the long term solution for LA, but Olof Karsikko is a young keeper LA has in the development leagues so I think they LA will be happy to not take a Keeper with either Booth or Vertigo being the longer term backup.

Manhattan:

The Rage have a good earning Goalie who is S54 in Name Redacted, which likely mean that I really doubt that they will be looking for a backup keeper yet, unless one falls to a later point in the draft.

Minnesota:
Markus Tegernako is a good earning player but is on the older side. Hugo Grönroos is a pretty bad earner but is active, however that likely means that they will be looking for a long term Starting Goalie in this draft, who can take over from Tegermako in a few seasons

Montreal:

White Goodman is likely not the long term future of this team, Meeka Keprosof is who the Montreal management will be hoping to be the the future starter of this team. Meeka is slightly behind the development point that one might hope for the long term future, so there is a slight chance Montreal go for a more obvious star, however I highly doubt they would move on so quickily

New England:

This is probably the only team that i would guess is almost certainly taking a Goalie in this class Leo Bloomfield is low earning and near Inactive, Podan Podanovic and Benjamin Blue-II are two young goalies they were hoping would take over Bloomys mantle however this seemed to fail as they both are currently IA, so it would be incredible if if they did not consider taking a Goalie in this draft.

New Orleans:

This is likely the least likely team to take a Goalie so far, with Jon St. Arkz as a super star young player and Olli Saarinen, Jr as a very good backup, it would be surprising if Nola pick up a player late, Iorek Byrnison is another young player who likely would replace Saarinen long term but both Goalies are young enough that they likely wont have to cross that bridge for a few seasons.

Philly:

Scootie Scrooton is a solid keeper however is significantly behind his class in earning, Peter Larson is a very old keeper but will be a solid backup. I think that Philly is unlikely to take a Goalie in this draft however there is a chance that they start considering a long term option to eventually take over from Scrooton as the starter.

Seattle:

Seattle made a statement of intent last season taking Willie Miller in the first round, showing that he is the plan for Seattle future. Thor Odinson is someone who is a bellow average starter but will likely be a solid backup for Miller Long Term, however due to the gap in age between Miller and Odinson means that they might consider a project goalie late, however it might be a few seasons before they really need to consider a new long term backup

San Francisco:

This is another team with a good earning starter and backup in Nicolae Antonescu and Senji Seteki as a younger backup, this is a team is very set at Goalie and it is very unlikely that they take a Goalie anytime soon

Tampa:

Strom Chamberlain is the undisputed starter however being s S52 player means that they might start to look for a backup, obviously with Geek being a high earner that means that they might opt to wait a season or so to take a new Goalie, however i would not be shocked to see them snag someone for the pipeline

Texas:

Another team with a S52 starter without someone in the pipeline, Cillian Kavanagh is another good earning player but again it would be a smart idea to have another player in the pipeline just incase however we will see if they opt to take one now or wait another season or so

Toronto:

While i head that Toronto are trying to ride Harry Carpet til the wheels fall off, i think that taking a Goalie in this class would be a good investment for the team in the long term as Carpet is a S47 and a backup would likely not come in as a SHL starter til Carpet is very low tpe. I would not be surprised at all too see them take the future of their team

Winnipeg:

This team was one that was rumored very interested in Willie Miller, however that obviously did not work out, With Vincent Mietitore a low earning player it means that Winnipeg will likely be looking for a real starter for the future here, I think that they will likely look for one that will fit their later eventual window.

This is obviously not an expert look and i feel like a lot of S52 starter will likely have a few more season before they will have a real replacement, however it is more fun to determine if a backup or successor is needed, I placed alot more desire on a high earning Goalie but it is not always what teams are looking for. Thanks for reading!

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

@ grader: I claim atleast 80% of supplying @zaynzk with the idea for this media spot. Feel free to up the percentage if you feel the idea was better as the execution.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

I like goalie articles.

[Image: Wally.png]

09-09-2021, 01:47 AMzaynzk Wrote: Buffalo:

Buffalo are in a similar situation at Baltimore with an elite high earning Goalie, in Elizabeth Doyle, but with a huge question mark as a successor. Again this is a team which might be able to afford to wait a season or so too look for their Goalie of the future, but I think that if a Goalie falls to a pick in their 2nd they are alot more likely to take one as it would be a good idea to have your backup keeper set.

Buffalo really dont need anyone else since i plan to keep earning for years to come. Also with the cap situation in buffalo, affording a 2nd good goalie is basically impossible. So it's me and potvinov until the end of days bb.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Always enjoying goalie articles. I think there were a couple goalies you mentioned in that list that already retired, which could change some perspectives for teams in the future.
Other than that I can only repeat what Evok wrote above about Buffalo. With Toronto it's unlikely that we'll draft one soon due to the cap situation and I plan to be around for quite a while still, despite regression. We're okay with low-TPE IA backup goalies I think (but I'm not the GM, so who knows).

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Philly probabaly isn't going to draft a goalie for like two years.

Honk stayed below 1300 tpe because paying a goalie more than 4m is a waste of cap. Which is also why when Tomas dies im going to sign the cheapest IA backup I can find.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

09-09-2021, 12:51 PMAcsolap Wrote: Philly probabaly isn't going to draft a goalie for like two years.

Honk stayed below 1300 tpe because paying a goalie more than 4m is a waste of cap. Which is also why when Tomas dies im going to sign the cheapest IA backup I can find.

Ill be your cheap IA backup baby Wink

Scootie Scrootin is going to be my goalie name in the future.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

That's Mr Ancient thank you very much

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

09-09-2021, 12:51 PMAcsolap Wrote: Philly probabaly isn't going to draft a goalie for like two years.

ur a waste of cap

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

09-10-2021, 02:00 AMSlashACM Wrote:

ur a waste of cap
No, you're a towel.

What Evok said above, except for Baltimore.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I dont like these comments

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

we replacing stromboli as soon as possible

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

09-10-2021, 09:54 AMOrbitingDeath Wrote: I dont like these comments

Ngl considering the empirical evidence surrounding goalies I am surprised you gave up on a 2k forward and rolled a goalie citing dissatisfaction with performance.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]