Create Account

S61 PT#4- Attributes

Dual PT announcement: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=119074

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission (free words!)

PROMPT 1- Pull up your player page, you're gonna need it. You wake up one SHL morning and something feels... off. As you do when something feels off, you immediately check your attributes and find something incredibly strange. All of the numbers for your skills have been flipped around! An advantage for some, a disadvantage for others, it has been confirmed by HO this is a bizarre experiment for parity and will be permanent.

Stat changes are as follows:

If you had a 5, it is now 50. (treating it like 05)
6->60
7->70
8->80
9->90
10->01
11->take a wild guess
12->21
13->31
14->41
15->51
16->61
17->71
18->81
19->91
And if you were unfortunate enough to have a 20 in any category, it is now 02.

Written Task: Explain how this changes your build and your new strengths and weaknesses. J players will likely be insanely OP so enjoy that. Does this change affect your scoring? Defense? Speed? Hitting? How do you think a season would go with these changes? Are you now a surefire Hall of Famer? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Depict your player and another player on the ice reacting to these changes. Include 2 speech bubbles and 1 graphic edit to the image (doesn't matter what)

PROMPT 2- If you don't understand the previous prompt, don't feel like pulling up your player page, or that one doesn't sound fun to write about, try this prompt.

Written Task: Talk about the FHM attributes you value in your player. What are you looking to train over the season. Over your career? What kind of player do you want to ultimately build and how do you want your player to be remembered. If you are regressing, feel free to look ahead to a future player of yours or reflect on the player you once were.(150+ words)

Graphic Task: Create a sports channel-esque graphic depicting your player in an action shot and 3 strengths and 2 weaknesses for your current player, your player a few seasons down the line, or your player when they were in their prime.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, September 19st at 11:59 CST.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

PP pass

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

e

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 05:32 AM by Faelax.)

First of all, this just reaffirms my theory that getting a twenty in a stat is not worth it. 

Thankfully, Roach only has one stat at 11 and none at 10 so he does not get screwed by these changes. The things he is already really good at, like getting open and reading the plays on both ends of the ice, he is suddenly god tier at doing those things. He also is suddenly an incredible skater, despite his general lack of skill in that department. One thing this does for sure is undoubtedly make Roach one of, if not the best two way forwards in the entire league. He is strong on his skates and has the ability to remove people from the puck either with his body or his stick, and is also an elite weapon in the offensive zone. This change would hopefully let Roach win a Dar but probably not since they don't give it out to players on good teams.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

Prompt 2

When I created Miguel, I went with the idea that he would be a playmaker in the sense that he would be able to read the ice, especially on the offensive side, and put his teammates in the best position to score. I did not care if Miguel scored a goal or not, just that the team did. To that end, the most important FHM stats (to me at least) are passing, puckhandling, and offensive read. In fact they are currently the 3 highest stats for Miguel at 17. I also wanted Miguel's 'core' skills to be solid, so his physical ratings are all at least 15, with stamina being 17. It doesn't matter how good you are if you are too gassed to play! As a center, one would think that faceoffs are very important, but many of the best centers do not have a high faceoff stat so mine is still just 13. Since I'm playing wing this season, I've also boosted my shooting accuracy to 15, although I would have eventually even if I only played center. Hopefully, my build will allow Miguel to be remembered as the ultimate team player!

200 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

pt pass

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Getting Open - I find this attribute to be pretty important. It helps with offensive and getting open to create opportunities to score goals. I wanted to build a player who could score. This is a stat I will eventually want to get to 20 if I could.
Puck Handling - Puck handling is obviously important because if you can't handle the puck then your player won't be successful. Puck handling mixed with balance is probably a key to being a top player because you have to be able to stay on your feet and handle the puck. This is an attribute I will get to 19 and eventually 20 hopefully.
Strength - Strength is an attribute I valued early, although I am not sure it has helped. Strength is obviously important to make sure you don't get bullied on the ice.
Offensive Read /D Read- These two attributes seem to be extremely important especially defensive read. Both of these attributes will be brought up to 19 eventually.
Overall I feel like there are a lot of important attributes and you have to be decent in most of them to be an effective player.

(194 words)

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Prompt 2

Vaseline Podcalzone is a player that is an interesting case. On one hand, he could be that mean gritty power forward, but at the same time I'd say he can also fall under the wing of a 2-way forward if need be (or moreso that's my excuse for Pod not necessarily providing the most firepower on offense).

As a power forward, Podcalzone looks to bump up some important physical stats, such as speed and strength. On one hand, he has to have the brute force to lay out the body, but at the same time, if he has cement bricks tied to his skates, well, he can't possibly compete well at the SHL level.

After that, the next big attributes for sure, on the defensive side, would be checking and hitting, no doubt about it. That being said, Pod's pretty well-rounded. He isn't just brute force, as he works on his defensive read, as well as stickchecking, positioning, and he's also a decent enough shot blocker.

offensively, it's essentially everything for Pod. Power forward gotta deliver.

WC: 176

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]

So, prompt 2,

On the long run my plan was to emulate my player to be as close to Aleksander Barkov in the FHM as possible, two-way forward with great passing and defensive capabilities, goalscoring was tertiary, a lesser part of my build. Now that I have seen how certain players act in certain roles, my plan is very simple. On the physical side, im ready to go all-in on attributes that make me a goddamn tank, such as balance and strength. Ultimately, on the offensive side, my go-to attributes to boost up first are offensive read and getting open. This allows me to be able to create as much offensive situations as possible as early on in my career. On the long run passing and stickhandling will join hands with offensive read and getting open, to complete my offensive side. I will never be in front of the net to be able to take advantage of screening so that is very pointless for me to update further than I will those 4. On the defense, its all about checking, with body and stick. This is why I need insane defensive read, which will be my next stop in updating.

TL;DR - Lilja will be as recognised as one of the greatest two-way players to ever hit the league's ice

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Prompt 1:

Looks like it's opposite day. Everything I used to be good at, I suck at today - and some other surprises. So my best four attributes (kind of also the most important ones for goalies) went from a 20 to a 2 (Positioning, Rebound, Recovery and Reflexes). I guess I have to rely on my 91 Glove, 81 Blocker and 81 Low Shots now. As long as I don't move much that should be fine - well, at least skating hasn't changed at all and is still the same. My Passing, Poke Check and Puckhandling has also improved, but not that I'll need that much. I suppose I'll just try to catch everything with my faster-than-lightning Glove and hope that helps. Thankfully I have such high Mental Toughness (81) and Stamina (81) otherwise I would probably end up being totally frustrated after every game. Either way, it's going to be fun. For everyone involved. I'm so glad goalies don't really matter.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 05:01 PM by hockeyiscool.)

Prompt number two: There are a lot of things that I would like to improve over my career in the simulation hockey league. I always have had the want to be the best front of net player like Tomas Holmström but beefier. Things that are core to my player and his role to being a dominating front of net player is strength, balance, puckhandling, screening and passing and that is exactly what I will look to improve. In addition to these mentioned attributes I look to improve defensively mainly by increasing hitting, and my checking ability. I am unsure my player will be remembered by many, my goal is to be a facilitator for other players to shine. I guess the way I want my player to be remembered is a pain in the ass for opponents to control in front of the net, hated by opposing goalies and loved by his teammates. My goal is to have the most teammates make hall of fame because that means I achieved the goal I set out to do.

(170ish)

PT Pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2021, 04:09 PM by Keven.)

Prompt 1

After waking up and noticing the stat changes, Kev immediately knows one thing to be true. He will be immediately switching his position to center. Since nobody in the league currently has a faceoff stat higher than 17, we can confirm that the best centers will exclusively be players with 8 or 9 currently in that category. After taking a quick look at the index, we can see that there are only 13 players in the league, including Kev, who will end up with the maximum 90 faceoff points. Together, these 13 players will make up the elite group of centers in the league. At least seven unfortunate teams will go on to lose every faceoff since all the people with 70, 71, or 80 in the stat won't be able to compete with the chad 90s gang. Other than faceoffs, Kev's next best stat would be strength at 81. This would of course let him win even more faceoffs, except against the inevitable two faceoff kings, Kyle Sutton and Karl Krashwagen, who have both 90 faceoffs and 91 strength.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Prompt 2: FHM attributes I value in my SHL player includes offensive stats such as getting open, puck handling, and offensive awareness. Mat Marner has all of these three stats at 19 right now since Marner is an offensively dynamic player who aims to score and create a lot of offensive plays. Over his career Marner would like to get all three of these stats to 20 when Marner has reached his full potential the season before regression. To compliment these stats Marner has also been focusing of his athleticism attributes as well. He has focused a lot on strength, balance, speed and acceleration. Right now balance and strength are at 19 and 18 respectively and then speed and acceleration are 16. I hope to get balance at strength each to 19 and speed and acceleration each to 17. These attributes are all also important to maximize the efficiency of playing a dangler role on the ice which Marner has played for the past couple of season.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars