Create Account

S61 PT#4- Attributes

Stan's attributes being trained are gonna be interesting. I know there is a stigma, or leaning, of certain attributes over the length of the sim that end up being the "most important" ones according to some people who like to test way too much or put an exorbitant amount of time into FHM 6. However I'm going to build my player my way, focusing on the two-way game, and especially the key attributes for the type of player I want to be. That means focusing on Agility, one of the abilities that tend to be shunned or put by the wayside in the sim/ I think having the extra elusiveness in the offensive zone due to my ability to be quick and agile will be a game changer, not to mention being able to keep on top of any puck carrier in the defensive zone. Sure you might be quick, but you're not gonna juke be at all. Testing be damned, Agility is gonna make or break me!

PROMPT 2

I value the fact that I am among the bravest boys in the league and for some seasons have held the title to myself.  Since the very beginning of my career back in STHS, I have always valued puckhandling and possession related attributes.  I was never meant to get the puck in the back of the net, but I wanted to effectively carry it around and dish to the players who could get it done.  As my player becomes older and eventually much more specialized, I continue to value the defensive attributes that support the young talent on the team.

As I look to my next player (many, many seasons from now), I would consider a different flavor of the same idea.  I see myself creating a center who first and foremost is a dependable pillar for the team.  Still considering a possession first mentality of being strong on the puck and passing, but this starts from the faceoff dot and has a much lower emphasis on blocks and hits. 

I like the career arc that comes with dedicated earning, as I built very strong through my pre-regression career and ride out on those investments through regression for as long as I can remain useful.  For that arc, I think these foundational role players fit very well.  When at the top of my game, these roles fit on the top line and top pair to support all star scoring talent.  As I fade back down through the ranks, these roles can eat minutes on the penalty kill and fill the skill gaps of rookies down the lineup.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

I am responding for prompt one. This skills swap works out pretty well for jukka, as he has a lot of stats at 17 or above that will be swapped to 71/81/91, but none at 20 to drop down to 2. His passing, getting open, and offensive read will now be 91, and puck handling at 81, so it's safe to say he should be deployed on powerplay 1 and sheltered offensive zone minutes. However, despite these attributes being increased by like 70, I still suspect he's looking at .5 points per game at best as always. Additionally, with 3 defensive attributes now at 61, and hitting/checking/defensive read at 71/81/91 respectively, he shouldn't be a liability on the defensive side on the puck either, though that's probably wishful thinking. However, the skill swap will put him now with bravery at 1. This is the only stat where his rating will decrease, and now he'll likely be useless along the boards, as well as possibly his ability to put himself in a position to block shots or lay out a big hit. Overall the stats swap would be a huge boost for him though.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

Simply put my player Pablo Salvatici of the Simulation Hockey League franchise based out of Atlanta, Georgia that is referred to by the name Atlanta Inferno only cares about a few key attributes that will improve his game and make him the best player he possibly can be. As a centre turned winger it's very important that he can be a beast along the boards and win all the battles so strength, checking and hitting and key for his playstyle as a power forward winger who just wants to be the best he can be. If he can check and hit he'll get the puck from anyone and win all the battles along the boards, and strength makes sure that he's stronger than anyone he goes up against so he can continue to win the battles along the boards. On the offensive side getting open is very important in his eyes because if he's open he can score more goals, and the whole point of hockey is to score goals so obviously that is super important to improve. Lastly he values puckhandling as he likes handling the puck a lot and his teammates aren't going to give him the puck if he isn't good at handling it. Basically Pablo wants to end up as a goal scoring power forward who is still responsible in his own end.

227 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

My goal when I first entered the league was to be a top flight offensive defensemen. However I soon learnt that if I want to be able to stay on the ice and not be a liability, that the defensive side of the game should always come first. I work and will continue to work on the things that make me better in that area so I can be the Rage's top guy on the backend. I feel like defensive read is super important. Great positioning will always beat out a body check or a stick lift because putting your self in a position to be there on a play is better because you don't take yourself out of a play with a mistake and mistakes lead to bad things for the team. The other big thing I want to be good at is passing as it has benefits on the D side. Being able to throw an outlet pass and get out of trouble is huge.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

If I had to talk about the FHM attributes that I, ACC, value in my player, Joseph Weston, I would have to say that for this Western Forward, Offensive Read, is one of the biggest I look to train over the season. It's an incredibly important skill and I think people should be aware of how good it is. However, over my entire career, it's always been the archetype of wanting to be in the right place at the right time. This meant a lot of Getting Open, Offensive Read, and things like Stamina to support it as time goes on. The legacy I hope to leave behind is that of a team player, of someone who gave their heart every step of the way to support the team first. Personal glory didn't mean much as long as I was able to confidently say the team was better thanks to my efforts

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

So I have always wanted Leonids Balzams to be a two-way player. So when I was updating him, I focused on trying to balance his stats. So first and foremost I focused on both Offensive and Defensive reads, as those are the two most important stats for a two way player. Next I tried to get his physical stats up, specifically acceleration, balance and agility were the first to be improved. Once these stats were improved I moved onto speed. Then I finally got Balzams stamina up to the rest of the other athletic stats. Finally I maxed out Leonids shooting accuracy at 12, and put his shooting range at 14. With that Balzams averages about 13 goals and 20 assists a season with his passing now at 15. With that, Balzams will be now more focused on his defensive attributes like stick checking and checking. Once those are upgraded Ill finish him off with some shot blocking.

158 words

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

Quote:Written Task: Talk about the FHM attributes you value in your player. What are you looking to train over the season. Over your career? What kind of player do you want to ultimately build and how do you want your player to be remembered. If you are regressing, feel free to look ahead to a future player of yours or reflect on the player you once were.(150+ words)

So I have only played goalie. But for me there are three primary stats for goal keeping, 4 secondaries, two specials, and then a bunch of tertiaries.

Tier 1
Reflexes
Recovery
Positioning
Mental thoughness ( almost forgot about this)

Special T1
Rebound control

Tier 2
Collectively known as tools
Low shot
Blocker
Glove
Stamina

Special T2
Poke check

Tertiary,

Everything else but mostly puck handing and skating.

Now to explain. The big three and mental thoughness are the primary investment and should be higher than any of the secondaries. 17 is probably as high as mental thoughness needs to be but it should be gotten in line with the big three.

Definitely one of the complexity of being a goalie in fhm is trying to figure what your overall plan is within your build. As there are no archetypes. And basically everyone know about the big three. That means that the tiering of the investment is very important so that goalies can figure out when to invest at differemt levels at different times in order to make their goalie as effective as possible over the long haul.

Specials: basically help the team more than they specifically improve stats.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

I value a lot of attributes even if they don't matter anymore cause everyone or most of the people already figured out what works and doesnt. But i dont care about that, i value stuff that i think would matter in real hockey, Skating being the obvious one, if you cant skate then you can't make it in todays hockey. Mostly you have to have balance, if you cant stay on your skates and get pushed off every little shove you take, then you suck. Second is speed, fast hockey players are effective ones. Agility is also important for that, if you can skate fast in a straight line thats awesome, but if you crash into the boards everytime cause you can't turn then that sucks. other thing is your play with the puck. If you can't stickhandle at high speeds then you're probably gonna be a career 4th liner whos known for his speed and nothing else. Then theres the shot, the big one. If you can shoot the puck well, skate well and stay on your feet. You're already in a pretty good spot.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

[Image: 8lmvA5c.png]

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

PROMPT 2

well well well what can I say about my player and his attributes well here we go I say taht his most important attributes are his strength and offensive skill, and more recently his defensive skill too. for example this year he is playing on a shutdown line with dwight knight and they are polaying unreal, i got a career high in points so far and have an unreal corsi and plus minus. This is because i am playing with great players like dwight knight and my guy has pretty decent ratings for all attributes as I haven't really specialized him so far. His highest stuff is probably stilll his offesnive stuff like geting open and passing which helps add a socring touch to their line. eventually I want my guy to play a lot like crosby and basically be an elite grinder who can go point per game playing against the best in thew orld. I think i am well on my way and my performance this season is super encouraging.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Prompt 2:

Goalies are a tricky position in Franchise Hockey Manager. We have less attributes than the skating positions in the league and it can be tricky trying to figure out which attributes are most important. After careful trial and error, Positioning and Reflexes seem to be the most important attributes and I've made sure I've maxed those out as soon as possible. However, after maxing Position and Reflexes it is much less clear where to go. Of course you want to get the important attributes like Blocker, Glove, and Low Shots up, but it isn't specifically clear where to focus. I've been focusing more on my rebound lately, as it seems I was giving up a lot of second chance opportunities in previous games. The idea is to provide an unstoppable wall on the initial shot and to make sure I'm not giving up any juicy rebounds after. It seems like its been effective so far, so I plan on continuing to work on it until its maxed.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

For Mikhail Novikov, he is putting a lot of work into becoming a lot better defensively on the ice this season. With the Armada losing a handful of players to call-ups, there is a bigger onus on the young Russian to play a bigger role with the team. Primarily, Novikov is working on becoming better in the checking, stickchecking and defensive read stats. With checking, Novikov will be able to better strip palyers of the puck without taking penalties. With stickchecking, he will be able to strip players of the puck more effectively and be able to create odd man rushes or sustained pressure in the offensive zone. With defensive read, it allows him to read developing plays that are happening in his own end and allowing him to be able to get into a position where he can help break up plays. Novikov is well rounded offensively, but taking his defensive game to the next level this season will really help solidify him as a great two way forward.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

I think it's no secret that I've spent my entire simulation hockey league experience trying to make Bork Lazer the ultimate defensive weapon. Is essentially supposed to be Brock Lesnar on skates able to use his big body to lay out massive hits block shots get takeaways etc etc. Is there to intimidate the other team imposes his will and make sure the will feel his large muscular body press them into the boards. I created in the simulation hockey league because golden apricot said they were changing the sim the FHM which was allowing players to be more defensive. I of course make myself not a total liability on offense but I'm happy I can be the defensive beast that I am. Hopefully I can win a Bojo at some point down the line but I hope I start getting recognition I think I deserve. Only time will tell at this point.

[Image: lazer2.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 07:07 PM by CheerfulBender20.)

I am responding to prompt number two.

Speed, speed, speed - that’s the name of the modern game.  I’m sure we all remember the prototypical NHL player of the 1990’s - lumbering units who labored around the ice in search of some poor bastard to concuss.  The players who chose not to conform to this ludicrous archetype?  They ended up like Eric Lindros.  What was Lindros’s reward for being ahead of his time?  Absolute scorn from morons who labeled him “soft” for not wanting to get cheap shotted by Scott Stevens for yet another game.

What I am trying to emphasize is that I value athleticism and skill.  In terms of the attributes I am trying to improve, speed and acceleration take precedence, followed by getting open, puck-handling, and shooting.  Moreover, I am looking to build a player who can play both sides of the ice - one does not have to throw cheap shots to be effective defensively.  To that end, I am trying to improve defensive read, stick-checking, and checking.  There it is.  My plan for SHL success.

[Image: 22HFBQB.png]