Create Account

S61 PT#4- Attributes

Originally, I really wanted to be a gritty blue liner that could make big hits, put his body on the line to deflect pucks, and maybe win a few fights here and there. However, I did not necessarily want to be the gooniest goon around, so I wanted to make sure the fundamentals were covered, too. Make sure the he wasn't giving up too many pucks, maybe catching a few takeaways here and there and overall contributing to the game in a wide variety of ways. As it turns out, I was drafted and paired with a rather defensive oriented partner giving me the freedom to play more of a two way role in New Orleans. I've taken to pushing my offensive skills a bit more than I originally expected and have seen a marked improvement in my assist count which is pretty fun. I'm hoping in the next few seasons I can be one of the better set up men, feeding pucks to my forwards at just the right time.

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

Prompt 2:
I am really looking to build my hitting and checking attributes in my player. I love the enforcer type build, and I really am looking to build Billy like this. I think it is really fun to build up the hits and the checks to really make Billy feared by others. I am also really loving putting TPE into fighting so Billy can always be a bit of a goon when he needs to be. As I go forward in my career, I am hoping to get my checking and D-read to up to 19 or even 20 at some point. I think Billly has the opportunity to be a real threat on the ice. No one is gonna mess with Billy in a few years time as he moves further into the peak of his career. He is gonna be an absolute menace. He also should hopefully score a few goals later in the career. At the moment he is not doing so hot in that respect, but he will get there in time.

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 09:03 PM by 5ympathies.)

Prompt 2:

My career is in the twilight but always year after year, season after season I focused on being defensively sound, not a liability on the ice. Back in STHS I valued things like defense (obvs) checking, skating, not always stuff like goal scoring and what not. Of course this made me a good player anywhere in the lineup, perhaps if I made a more offensively focused build I could have won MVP one season, but oh well. What happened has happened. Can't change the past. Now in FHM it's more or less the same thing. Back in STHS I was maxed or near maxed, I had started to put TPE into stuff like faceoffs despite being a winger and taking 10 faceoffs a season. Now in FHM I focus on checking, I let hotdog do my regression so he can make my build whatever will be best for the team, I just don't care about it too much. If I can win in Atlanta that will be the dream.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

I’ve pumped most of my TPE into strength. Even though this is only my 2nd year being a call up (5th year total), I’ve got the most strength on the Atlanta Inferno. I’ve also been dumping a lot into balance and defensive read as I was told that was very important too for defensive players. Eventually I would like to start getting more flashy attributes that will help me become more viable in fantasy. That’s all I really want, to be a name discussed in the whole “who’s a good defenseman” talks once the big dogs are picked. I believe last season I was the 300th ranked player in fantasy. Pretty damn bad, even when considering I was a early call up and under 1000 TPE. Last time I checked this season, I was around 160th (still dreadful, but much much better). Hopefully I keep rising and become one of the players drafted by the majority of the groups.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

ISFL Affiliate PT

dee centerman iv obviously has only one goal as a player--defense. centerman iv is already a premier checking defenseman and plays a physical game, so his next step is to get faster and more efficient. an ideal dee centerman would have maxed checking, maxed hitting, and a ton of defensive read to ensure he is in the right place at the right time. on top of that, dee centerman needs to be agile on his skates and accelerate quickly so he can cover gaps and play a 200 foot game. centerman iv will never be a premier goal scoring defenseman or an elite power play quarterback, but he needs to be at least competent in the opposing zone to keep offensive plays going and enable his more scoring oriented teammates. ultimately, this will require centerman to focus on being firm on his skates and getting cleaner, bigger hits while he's on the ice.

Prompt 2: When I make my recreate player (who can say when that will happen, it is a great mystery, I have definitely not told like 80 people about this already), he is going to be a much more physical player than Gunnar has been. Gunnar started out as a playmaker forward, then passing started being a dump stat, then we switched to a new sim engine and I had to figure all that out all over again, and in FHM he has become much more of a goalscorer than he was originally intended to be, so his offensive stats are all the big ones. With the new guy, he's still going to be a forward, but he's going to be a lot more physical so I'm going to be putting some points into hitting and checking and that sort of thing. Whereas Gunnar has always relied on his speed and puckhandling to get him scoring opportunities, my new player is going to be the kind of guy who gets the puck by knocking people off of it.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

I created Blanchet with a powerforward build in mind. I'm a big fan of the way someone like Getzlaf plays the game. He's a big responsible center that plays a physical, playmaking game. That's pretty much what I wanted to model Blanchet after (although he is currently playing at wing for the Platoon). That means it was important for me to have a strong physical build with good checking. My player's Balance, Strength, Checking, Hitting and Stamina have always been some of his highest attributes and I think that has made him effective in just about any role. Passing is another important attribute for Blanchet's game. Last season in the SMJHL his playmaking really rounded into form and he put up 54 assists for a new SMJHL record while playing in the center between KEKW Kekkonen and Artemius Nystrom for the Raptors. While speed was never a big part of Noel's game as a center, he may decide to work on his skating now that he is playing at wing for the Platoon.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Prompt 2:

I would like Hagan to be a quarterback, able to run the play in the offensive zone, wanting the puck on his stick, and creating and scoring goals for his team. I feel like I have the current build ideas for such a role right with the 425 cap, as he currently controls the puck a lot and really runs the offense for Great Falls when out in the offensive zone. I do want him to still have a good defensive game though, like what he is currently displaying, blocking shots, taking the puck away from the opponents, etc. For my SHL build, a lot of attention will be payed to those offensive attributes of puck handling, offensive read, and passing, while defensively I will be putting into positioning, checking, and defensive read to start off. I feel that my current peripherals are good for defense, at least as a rookie. Physically, gotta get more into strength and into the wheels of Hagan.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

PROMPT 2 -

The swap to FHM excited me at first due to the fact that I wanted to build a defensive forward that didn't have to rely on hitting a lot to do their job. Just the addition of tracking takeaways and giveaways made me happy to see. Along with this having the defensive side of the game more broken up compared to STHS's singular defense stat was a breath of fresh air. I was able to build up my defensive read, checking, and stick checking immediately and became a takeaway machine. I still hold the single season record at 68 in 50 games and even after the addition of 16 games, no one has touched that record. I have also lead the league in takeaways for almost every season since the FHM swap until I swapped positions. I still normally rank decently high but the old age of my player is catching up at this point in my career. I don't think I will make the HOF with this player, but my hope is to go down as one of the best defensive forwards to play in the SHL.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

With these new changes by HO it doesn't really effect my player's build too much, I'm still pretty offensive and not a liability. What does change for the much worse is my shooting accuracy, shot blocking, and bravery. I'm now a player that won't be found anywhere near the boards due to the now low bravery, also I'm now no longer inclined to block a shot with low bravery and low shot blocking I'm not going anywhere near the crease while I'm defense it's up to the defensemen to cover that area now. Due to the changes my accuracy is about the same as being blindfolded I'm going to need a million shots because it will be a struggle, but I feel like that will be a league wide problem for most SHL forwards. That is a problem that will be addressed in the offseason as all players are going to regress to 9.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Prompt 2:

Being a goalie I feel like there a couple of different stats that are obviously the most important to look at. While the game has shifted to primarily shooting pucks up high and in the corners, Meeka looks to focus on the lower half of the net due to his large frame and ability to naturally cover the higher portion of the net. Meeka has continually made strides in his ability to cover the lower half and his rebound control to become the best possible goalie that he can be. These changes have already seen some results in both the SHL and SMJHL were he continues to dominate the net after his collapse in the playoffs that ultimately saw the Kraken fall out of the playoffs. While other goalies pride themselves on their glove hand side and shutting down any player that challenges it, Meeka has instead really focused on his blocker side and trying to become the best blocker in the league rather than glove hand

[Image: hbQ14G7.jpg]

Prompt 2

The attributes that I care the most about in FHM are checking and defensive read. I am focusing most of my time on those two stats to try to be the best defenseman on the ice. I follow those stats up by upping hitting, stick checking, shot blocking, and strength to really cement my defensiveness. You can really tell I am only focusing on defensive and physical stats by seeing my shooting range and shooting accuracy sitting at the ripe number of five. You can tell by those number that I really like to shoot. Now you may be thinking, "Jean-Locke, you need more then hitting to be good." I would say, "You're right, that is why I also put some TPE into aggression." I want the hits, all of the hits. My goal is to get all my main stats to 20 and not worry so much about the stinky offensive attributes.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

Well having numbers swapped does not do much for me compared to some. I have had a conservative update template so i currently have a lot of 10s and 11s which are negatively or unaffected by the new swap. 4 out of 6 of my offensive attributes would remain at 11 as well as 3 other attributes throughout my build. As i look to see what the best outcome for me, passing and faceoffs would be my highest stats at 51. This obviously is much better than my current 15 but seems it would be a bit mid of the pack for those affected by this "bug"

That being said, since I'm currently in the SMJHL, I'm sure a hall of famer. 51 faceoffs and 51 passing would essentially ensure a 100% FO rate win as well with playmaking out the ass combined with JLC on my line. My worst attributes are checking and hitting, which makes no difference to me as I don't intend to be known for my big hits.

172 words

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

#Prompt 2
So the way I am building Vincent is to be a playmaking d man. That pretty much entails me putting stats into every category, honestly. I want to evenly balance out my stats in most every defensive category, except for maybe shot blocking because it wont do much for what i need. With my boosts in defensive skills, I can hold down the defensive end of the ice better, without becoming a liability, all while working to regain possession of the puck for my team. The more i can win back possession, the longer my team can control the puck, and that benefits me. If I upgrade my offensive stats, I will be able to hold onto the puck longer on the offensive end, which will in turn enable me to put my playmaking plans into action, hopefully setting my teamates up with some sweet passes, and opening up the ice for some awesome rockets, and maybe a goal score or two from Vincent himself

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]