Create Account

S61 PT#4- Attributes

PT Pass

PROMPT 2:

I'm an Up and Down Winger which makes me a very important player on both offense and defense, and while I'm not supposed to be the best offensive player or the best defensive player on the ice, I am absolutely the most important middle man out there. That's why it's incredibly important for me to focus on attributes that will help me in many key game situations. On the offensive side of the game, my player focuses immensely on Puckhandling, so I don't lose the puck on the way to pass it to the forwards or out of reach of the other team, and Shooting Accuracy so when I do have that unlikely open shot, I can take it with confidence. And on Defense, I focus on Checking, Positioning, and Stickchecking which are all important skills as a defender. It's pretty much like adding another defender on the ice when in reality there is a great two-sided player instead. And lastly, I focus on general traits like Agility, Balance, and Speed, which are important for everyone on the ice.

Code:
179 Words

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 01:45 AM by Benpachi.)

Prompt # 2

Roderic Banes was initially planned as a Playmaker / Setup Man. When he entered the Carolina Lineup I soon realized that it wasn't going to be a 100% fit, based on the current roster and the teams needs. Beyond that, I just wasn't satisfied with Roderics play. After my first few initial updates, I had already shifted my focus onto a more balanced, defensive build. I had come to realize that what I value in a player was less playmaking and more dependable 2-way play. Every team needs guys that can step up on the PK and play strong 2-way hockey. A guy like a personal hero of mine: Tyler Motte, that was the player I wanted to make.

As far as the long term development and regression of Roddy B, I haven't given that a lot of thought. I don't see my build plan deviating at this point. I am satisfied that the role Roddy can fill will help out regardless of the roster/lineup. Everyone needs a good Two Way Forward. If Roddy B is remembered for anything, I would love to see him put up a record in Takeaways, or just be a positive influence on the team; the kind of player that makes everyone around him play better. That would be something special.

[Image: banes.png]

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

William Salming values in himself that he is a solid two-way winger. His role model is Reilly Smith and Smith is a player Salming will try to be in his prime. A player who can score points, goals and assists but also kill penalties and prevent an opponent score. Salming is already now on a good path because his checking is 17, stickchecking is 17, positioning is 17 and defensive read is 17. He has also solid physical attibutes which are between 16 and 17. Next Salming plans to boost his offensive attributes. His ultimate goal is to get as many attributes as possible to 18. That's why next he will upgrade first his passing, puckhandling, getting open and shooting accuracy to 17 and then eventually to 18. It might take rest of the season to bump at least two of those offensive attributes but at the moment Salming is in a situation where he has a lot of time to focus on his development because Argonauts are not going to have success this season yet.

[Image: salming.png]

Hahaha you are the fool if you think I would go and check my very own build. In the universe where we would swap those numbers of the attributes and go full chaos mode I wouldn't last long probably with my current player. Would be hard to justifiy earning and sucking some attributes at 1 up to like 51 if you could get there with an initial max build very much sooner. So the go to plan is to retire instantly and recreate, setting all your attributes to 9 which is 90 in the parallel universe and I'm god mode from the very first sim to the end of my career approximately 50 seasons later, as you can go to the very end with your build. After finishing my career, the league will be called after me as I was the goatest player to ever see the ice and has racked up the highest numbers of anything you can imagine. So only thing left for me is to find a name for my new player that will change the history of the league and will be heard throughout the sim universe from now on.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 07:09 AM by Evil_AllBran.)

Prompt 1

[Image: ZaMiW2S.png]

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

Prompt 2

There are three traits that I value particularly more so than the others. In no particular order, those are offensive read, passing and faceoffs. 

I view myself as an offensive centre, with it being important to me that I can be a forward who can score, who can assist and who can run the game during my time on the ice.

Faceoffs should be explanatory as I need to be able to win those at all times in order to provide the puck to my side and keep our possessions up.

Passing allows me to dictate the pace of a game and infuriate opponents by keeping possession on our side and put us in great positions to score.

Finally, offensive read lets me keep myself one step ahead of the rest of the game. If one wants to be the best on the ice, they must be able to make the best decisions in a fraction of a second. Offensive read lets me get past the physical gifts of others and become the most impactful player on the ice.

[Image: blasoon.gif]

ISFL Affiliate PT

Prompt 1: A bizarre attempt at parity??? What was HO thinking? Was it a side effect of that pill from the other week? Regardless of how it happened, Duncan Mackenzie was now a hockey god. He could do it all: super speed, incredible puck handling, passing like nobodies business, fight like a champion, win every draw, block every shot and more. He was Hulk-like in strength and has the most aggression that anyone had ever seen. DMack was so excited to reach the ice. But once he did he noticed two small problems. First, he had to be standing right in front of the net in order to shoot. If he took more than a couple strides away, the puck would go sailing away. No matter, he was a power forward with unbelievable screening ability. He would be standing in front of the net anyways. The other problem, the bigger problem, was that he had absolutely no bravery. Anytime he even thought about going into the corners or even standing in front of the net, he almost threw up. He was a giant, fast, hockey playing god...who was too scared to play hockey.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

Cillian Kavanagh has been very successful over his 10 season career thus far between the SMJHL and SHL. Cillian relies heavily on his positioning/reflexes to allow him to make the majority of the saves needed. From there, Cillian values his low shots attribute to be able to firstly position himself and then cut off the bottom of the net. Third tier is his blocker/glove hand to take opportunities away to score in the upper hand portion of the net. Fourth tier would be Cillian's recovery/rebound category to quickly be able to get back into position after making a save. Similarly, have a higher rebound stat will allow Cillian to better control shots on goal and not allow juicy rebounds for team's to put back towards the goal. Last but certainly not least, Cillain needs to have the mental toughness to be able to keep his head in games for all 3 periods. After being scored (which doesn't happen often) Cillian needs to forget about the past, reset and look towards making the next save, "One shot a time".

Word Count: 181

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Prompt #2
When I first created Bryce, I had the idea of a pass-first, defensively responsible forward. The switch to FHM allowed me to get ahold of the sim and look around for players I wanted to emulate. For the first part of my career, I was heavily following the build of Kevin Fiala in the sim. He's young and fast and has a bit of a scoring touch. Not the best example of defensive but it gave me an idea of how the sim sees its ratings compared to what is on the ice in real life. The attributes there that I found useful were Defensive and Offensive reads. Those are probably the most important as it indicates how well your player sees the ice. I also noticed a heavy dump into physical stats like Speed and Agility. Agility always feels very underrated from the people I talk to. They always say there are more important attributes to increase. I think it is particularly valuable as it allows your player to move more fluidly around the ice. Getting around defenders and slipping through seems up the ice to get into proper position to make something happen has always been valuable to me.
(201 words)

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

Prompt 1:

My new build

Offensive Ratings
Screening: 60
Getting Open: 11
Passing: 31
Puckhandling: 41
Shooting Accuracy: 21
Shooting Range: 11
Offensive Read: 31

Defensive Ratings
Checking: 31
Hitting: 21
Positioning: 51
Stickchecking: 51
Shot Blocking: 31
Faceoffs: 50
Defensive Read: 41

Physical Ratings
Acceleration: 51
Agility: 41
Balance: 31
Speed: 51
Stamina: 31
Strength: 31
Fighting: 60

Mental Ratings
Aggression: 90
Bravery: 1

Marcel Beck was in that middle grey area with a lot of 13s and 14s, so He is now pretty average with a lot of 31s and 41s compared to the newly invented league. Instead of a top defenseman, Beck has morphed into an extremely angsty player who beats up on everyone. His top skills are now Aggression (90), Fighting (60), and Screening (60). Your SMJHL version of SEAN AVERY. What's interesting though, is he has absolutely no bravery. He can screen with the best of them, but sayonara when someone lines up a shot. Where Beck's offensive skill used to be passable, he is now for sure in the bottom part of the league with a high concentration of 11s and a 21. 

If I were a GM, I wouldn't touch this player with a 90 foot pole. That is, unless I'm the New York Rangers and I need to neutralize Tom Wilson.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

[Image: xQFGURj.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 09:45 AM by Bfine.)

Prompt 2

Trying to figure out which FHM attributes are the most valuable is the question every GM in the league has been trying to answer for years. To start, it seems all the physical stats have inherent value. Stamina is huge as it allows players to play big minutes without getting tired. Strength is great as it allows for more hits and less giveaways, and balance helps resist hits. On defense, defensive read is key as it allows you to read the play and be in position, which also falls under positioning as well. Checking just seems to be a great stat overall and it seems to do a bit of everything on the defensive side of things. On offense, offensive read does the same thing as defensive read and is just overall good to have. Getting Open benefits both playmakers and snipers and is probably the second-best offensive stat. Passing, screening, and shooting accuracy are all also great depending on the build the player in question is going for.

169 Words

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!